Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 34892 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:44 - Nov 23 with 1797 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:17 - Nov 23 by Thornburyswan

Are these ‘Welsh only loving fans” wanting a full withdrawal from the EFL & move to the Welsh leagues too?

A poll on twitter by a Swans Welsh independence supporter has 35% wanting to play in the league of Wales.

A similar result for a poll on should the Union Jack flag be banned.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:55 - Nov 23 with 1770 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:44 - Nov 23 by Swanseaman

A poll on twitter by a Swans Welsh independence supporter has 35% wanting to play in the league of Wales.

It should be banned it it has overly political messaging like the word 'loyalist'.

Swansea can play in the English leagues even it it was a separate nation in the European Union. Welsh football is not controlled by the UN. People like Birch, Brendan Rodgers, Frank Lampard, love Swansea.

English football fans are traditionalists and love a day out in Wales. They have a hard core small minority of fruitcakes but they do not call the shots and never will.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:31 - Nov 23 with 1724 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:55 - Nov 23 by ReslovenSwan1

It should be banned it it has overly political messaging like the word 'loyalist'.

Swansea can play in the English leagues even it it was a separate nation in the European Union. Welsh football is not controlled by the UN. People like Birch, Brendan Rodgers, Frank Lampard, love Swansea.

English football fans are traditionalists and love a day out in Wales. They have a hard core small minority of fruitcakes but they do not call the shots and never will.

The union flag has an overtly loyalist message ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:33 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsLoyalSwansea

Mate you are utterly clueless

The fact you want a flag banned shows your discriminatory way of life
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 1646 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:31 - Nov 23 by KeithHaynes

The union flag has an overtly loyalist message ?

It does if it has the word "Loyalist" on it.

I am not an expert but I see a difference between "Unionist" which I associate with the UDLP the (Ulster Democratic and Labour party) and "Loyalist" which I perhaps wrongly associate with group like the LVF Loyalist Volunteer Force or other organisations called Loyalist paramilitaries.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:52 - Nov 23 with 1645 viewsLoyalSwansea

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not an expert but I see a difference between "Unionist" which I associate with the UDLP the (Ulster Democratic and Labour party) and "Loyalist" which I perhaps wrongly associate with group like the LVF Loyalist Volunteer Force or other organisations called Loyalist paramilitaries.

It doesn’t have the word loyalist on it! It never have either
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:55 - Nov 23 with 1641 viewsSwanseaman

No matter what your opinions are about it all, this is pure cowardice.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:04 - Nov 23 with 1623 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:55 - Nov 23 by Swanseaman

No matter what your opinions are about it all, this is pure cowardice.

100% what a tosser
Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:34 - Nov 23 with 1589 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:51 - Nov 23 by ReslovenSwan1

The Union Jack is nothing more than a flag the same as the German flag, or French or Spanish.
Stay on this Res, the difference is the message in the flag, if it’s political it’s got no place in our stadium. If it’s a Union Jack with Swansea on it, then it has.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:47 - Nov 23 with 1570 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:44 - Nov 23 by Swanseaman

Best they bugger off to watch the closest team to Swansea playing in the Welsh league then, they can leave the rest of us supporting a club playing in the English football league happily flying the Welsh dragon & Union Jack in peace.

Good riddance 👍
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:06 - Nov 23 with 1547 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:47 - Nov 23 by pencoedjack

Best they bugger off to watch the closest team to Swansea playing in the Welsh league then, they can leave the rest of us supporting a club playing in the English football league happily flying the Welsh dragon & Union Jack in peace.

Good riddance 👍

Anybody conflating that poll with mass support should look at the number of votes, 208, that's 74 people out of around 16000.

But yes, they can feel free to go and watch a Welsh league team if that's what they'd prefer.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:37 - Nov 23 with 1419 viewsBadlands

Where are we on the racism spectrum?
Look at 73-73 thread
Kyle Rittenhouse
A true American hero.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:53 - Nov 24 with 1393 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:15 - Nov 23 by Boundy

I think you're a prime example of someone who knows very little but tries to present the opposite .

And with that our very own village idiot speaks up ….. 🤣

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 03:07 - Nov 24 with 1389 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:34 - Nov 23 by KeithHaynes

The Union Jack is nothing more than a flag the same as the German flag, or French or Spanish.
Stay on this Res, the difference is the message in the flag, if it’s political it’s got no place in our stadium. If it’s a Union Jack with Swansea on it, then it has.

It's really not difficult is it.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:13 - Nov 24 with 1324 viewsNotLoyal

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:04 - Nov 23 by pencoedjack

100% what a tosser

I'm assuming the idiot was arrested and charged.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:19 - Nov 24 with 1318 viewsNotLoyal

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:37 - Nov 23 by Badlands

Where are we on the racism spectrum?
Look at 73-73 thread
Kyle Rittenhouse
A true American hero.

What's racist on that thread?
Was this Kyle guy connected to racism?
Was it a racist incident?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 1286 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:19 - Nov 24 by NotLoyal

What's racist on that thread?
Was this Kyle guy connected to racism?
Was it a racist incident?

Nothing racist at all in that thread or it would be removed and the people involved banned.
To suggest otherwise is extremely foolish.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:52 - Nov 24 with 1237 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:52 - Nov 23 by LoyalSwansea

It doesn’t have the word loyalist on it! It never have either

Both flags had "loyal" on them I believe which just seems like a play on words, that was lost on nobody apparently.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:08 - Nov 24 with 1231 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:52 - Nov 24 by Treforys_Jack

Both flags had "loyal" on them I believe which just seems like a play on words, that was lost on nobody apparently.

I think he means the one in the east stand halfway line that has been there for years.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:00 - Nov 24 with 1178 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:52 - Nov 24 by Treforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:01 - Nov 24 with 1134 viewsLoyalSwansea

No they don’t

And loyal is not sectarian in the slightest
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:02 - Nov 24 with 1131 viewsLoyalSwansea

They only ones causing a divide are these lunatics who think they speak for all welsh men
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:12 - Nov 24 with 1126 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:02 - Nov 24 by LoyalSwansea

They only ones causing a divide are these lunatics who think they speak for all welsh men

They don't even speak for all Swansea fans (men or women!) and will they be happy if all flags are banned?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:23 - Nov 24 with 1119 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:12 - Nov 24 by Catullus

They don't even speak for all Swansea fans (men or women!) and will they be happy if all flags are banned?

They'd be quite happy in the League of Wales waving their yes Cymru flags

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:30 - Nov 24 with 1113 viewsLoyalSwansea

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:12 - Nov 24 by Catullus

This is the thing

They’re only going to spite themselves with this discriminatory way they look at others for what they believe in

It’ll be all or no flags
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024