Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31400 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:01 - Nov 22 with 1042 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:52 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

I ask owners/ supporters of Welsh independence flying the flag just the one thing

"How would Wales support itself without an injection of money from the English taxpayer?"
Then laugh at them when they flounder around for any sort of logical answer

Like most Forces/ ex forces, my nationality when I'm asked is British Welsh.
Both as important as each other in my humble opinion and has been since I wrote the cheque to the Queen for loyalty at any price up to and including 1 life.

No time for any terrorist supporters for any denomination.
Red Hand gang? Keep your sh1te out of our football ground.
(Your flag is down the front by the hoardings in the front BTW. Or it was when I left it there Saturday )
BLM? Shove your fist salute up your arze you racist, terrorist b'stards
Free Wales army? Burn your own house down.
Free Palestine? With how many tokens?
And so on.
(Awaits the "you're fuken racist comments!!)

No flag with any political statement/ badge written/ embroidered on it should be in a football ground.
Or sports ground for that matter.
Only flags with the club name/ town area name on them.
And it doesn't fuken matter if it's the UJ provided the person is a Swans fan

My post wasn't relating to the pros and cons of independence. It was to further the point that no matter what the flag is, if someone migrates from another part of the stadium and puts it up right in front / behind where your seat is, you shouldn't have to put up with it if you don't want it there.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:02 - Nov 22 with 1041 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:52 - Nov 22 by LoyalSwansea

The union flag and the Northern Ireland flag have been in attendance since the late 80’s

Shocking if union jacks (synonymous with England) and plastic paddies flags had turned up by the late 80s in the home end at a Welsh football ground, why would people going to support a Welsh club team do that ?, what is the logic in taking a union jack and Northern Ireland flag to watch Swansea City ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:02 - Nov 22 with 1040 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:57 - Nov 22 by Badlands

How many millions died from Catholic expansion (68,000,000 men ... women and children not included)
How many died because of British expansionism? In India alone 35 million (conservative number - Indian historians go to nearer 60,000,000) were killed through deliberate British government policy.
Mud slinging doesn't help.

Unpack that if you’d be so kind. Which “deliberate British Government policy” resulted in the death of sixty million on the sub-continent?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:04 - Nov 22 with 1037 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:02 - Nov 22 by trampie

Shocking if union jacks (synonymous with England) and plastic paddies flags had turned up by the late 80s in the home end at a Welsh football ground, why would people going to support a Welsh club team do that ?, what is the logic in taking a union jack and Northern Ireland flag to watch Swansea City ?

Let's stop pussyfooting around it. It's a wannabie hooligan thing isn't it?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:09 - Nov 22 with 1021 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:04 - Nov 22 by Chief

I agree with you, I think it is as well.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:12 - Nov 22 with 1003 viewsChief

This doesn't apply to all but let's face it:

UJ loyal flags wind Cardiff up, link with Rangers, probably modelling on old school Chelsea, the 'boys / lads', Burberry, stone Island.

The Venn diagram would probably encapsulate certain notorious pubs and booing knee and a leaning towards Nathan dyers wing.

This isn't about national identity with the latest crop. Its an attachment to a very serious and dangerous bandwagon by misguided young men

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:15 - Nov 22 with 997 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:04 - Nov 22 by Chief

No that can’t be right at all. I’ve read on here and Twitter that it’s all naked sectarianism. Surely those kids were a collection of radical, young Presbyterians and Primitive Methodists made giddy with the crown of fire?

Are you trying to tell me this isn’t Cromwell’s New Model Army reforming in the East Stand?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 13:29]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:18 - Nov 22 with 989 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:09 - Nov 22 by trampie

I agree with you, I think it is as well.

I think this is what's getting others fans nerves. It isn't the UJ per say it's the types bringing them all it brings. Most people would look at England's away support over years and shudder. All the no surrender to the IRA and songs about German bombers. How far from that are they in reality?

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:21 - Nov 22 with 969 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:18 - Nov 22 by Chief

I think this is what's getting others fans nerves. It isn't the UJ per say it's the types bringing them all it brings. Most people would look at England's away support over years and shudder. All the no surrender to the IRA and songs about German bombers. How far from that are they in reality?

Yes I think you are right.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:22 - Nov 22 with 963 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:15 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

No that can’t be right at all. I’ve read on here and Twitter that it’s all naked sectarianism. Surely those kids were a collection of radical, young Presbyterians and Primitive Methodists made giddy with the crown of fire?

Are you trying to tell me this isn’t Cromwell’s New Model Army reforming in the East Stand?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 13:29]

I think we're on the same wavelength. Attachment to causes for reasons other than what they are in reality. Unfortunately it looks like these things can become a self fulfilling prophecy and it seems many are already embroiled.

It's a football game. Not military engagement.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:28 - Nov 22 with 949 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:22 - Nov 22 by Chief

I think we're on the same wavelength. Attachment to causes for reasons other than what they are in reality. Unfortunately it looks like these things can become a self fulfilling prophecy and it seems many are already embroiled.

It's a football game. Not military engagement.

Let me put it this way: there can be few thing more intoxicating for adolescent boys than the whiff of danger and the wailing of police sirens.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:29 - Nov 22 with 942 viewstrampie

Interestingly thinking about it, politically those fans with union jacks, red hand flags, st George's flags etc might well have more in common with the opposition fans that Swansea are playing than they do with many other Swansea fans.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:38 - Nov 22 with 918 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:29 - Nov 22 by trampie

Interestingly thinking about it, politically those fans with union jacks, red hand flags, st George's flags etc might well have more in common with the opposition fans that Swansea are playing than they do with many other Swansea fans.

So would you if those in the away stand dressed to the left.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:39 - Nov 22 with 897 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:38 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

They ll be having prayer meetings on the Concouse next

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:44 - Nov 22 with 905 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:28 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Let me put it this way: there can be few thing more intoxicating for adolescent boys than the whiff of danger and the wailing of police sirens.

Yes I'm not the violent type myself but i do enjoy the needle, still struggling with the need to associate with the type things though.
Surely being Welsh is enough ammunition? Hence the needle with Bristol.

Yet some want to have the same identity as the more extreme fans of them / Millwall / Chelsea etc

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:46 - Nov 22 with 899 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:38 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

I'm right aren't I ?, those 'Swansea' fans with red hand/union jack flags politically are more likely to have more in common with the fans of the team Swansea are playing as opposed to the majority of the Swansea fanbase.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:53 - Nov 22 with 887 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:46 - Nov 22 by trampie

I'm right aren't I ?, those 'Swansea' fans with red hand/union jack flags politically are more likely to have more in common with the fans of the team Swansea are playing as opposed to the majority of the Swansea fanbase.

I’d say the vast majority of Swans fans share a broad, unionist outlook, Tramp. It’s just not everybody feels the need to flag waggle.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:01 - Nov 22 with 872 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:53 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

I’d say the vast majority of Swans fans share a broad, unionist outlook, Tramp. It’s just not everybody feels the need to flag waggle.

Isn't that just what they are doing flag waggling ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:07 - Nov 22 with 853 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:44 - Nov 22 by Chief

Yes I'm not the violent type myself but i do enjoy the needle, still struggling with the need to associate with the type things though.

Yet some want to have the same identity as the more extreme fans of them / Millwall / Chelsea etc

Yip it seems to be the case

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:28 - Nov 22 with 812 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:44 - Nov 22 by Chief

Swansea have been in that mix for as long as I can remember.
In the minds of these people they get results when they fight, and they get battered as well.

Our support had strong links in the late 80’s with Chelsea as an example. Linfield too. They’ve also pitched themselves in home ends like Millwall as per 1985 ish. It’s what young daft men do, and young daft men will continue being daft sometimes when they are older.

We still have young daft men. It’s how it is.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:54 - Nov 22 with 788 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:28 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Swansea have been in that mix for as long as I can remember.
In the minds of these people they get results when they fight, and they get battered as well.

Our support had strong links in the late 80’s with Chelsea as an example. Linfield too. They’ve also pitched themselves in home ends like Millwall as per 1985 ish. It’s what young daft men do, and young daft men will continue being daft sometimes when they are older.

We still have young daft men. It’s how it is.

Pity these daft young men couldnt go about their daftness without the rest of us being tarred with the same brush. Or channel their energy into causes that they know won't be at odds with the rest of the fanbase at least.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 15:56]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:04 - Nov 22 with 775 viewsLoyalSwansea

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:02 - Nov 22 by trampie

Why is it shocking when lads are unionist’s?

Just because they don’t share the same views as you they’re still there week in week out and more or less home and away following Swansea City

It just shows your facists views in more light

Remember 90% of our team are English also, we may “represent” Wales as fans but as a team we actually represent England on the European stage which many of you didn’t seem to mind when riding the Europa league journey
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:08 - Nov 22 with 757 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:04 - Nov 22 by LoyalSwansea

Just because they don’t share the same views as you they’re still there week in week out and more or less home and away following Swansea City

Remember 90% of our team are English also, we may “represent” Wales as fans but as a team we actually represent England on the European stage which many of you didn’t seem to mind when riding the Europa league journey

Good posting Sir.

Trample is typical of that genre

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:26 - Nov 22 with 753 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:04 - Nov 22 by LoyalSwansea

We mainly play teams from the other side of the Dyke, we have or at least did have our own identity, some of our fans flying the same flags as our rivals and identifying the same as them is perverse, historically we are different, wars of independence, we had totally different laws, we treated women differently to them, we voted Liberal they voted Tory, then we voted Labour they voted Tory, since voting began (generalising but it's often the case), we broke away from their state religion, we tend to be sympathetic to the Basques, Irish, red Indians, Kurds etc they tend to be sympathetic to the imperialist powers, we are nearly always on the opposite side to them, it's the same with some other neighbours across the world, Croats and Serbs ect nearly always on different sides.

A group within the Swansea fanbase seemingly aligning with our rivals politically and flying the same flags as our rivals is going to upset a lot of Swansea fans, I don't know why they want to bring loyalist flags, English flags, union jacks (that is mainly associated with England in football) to Swansea games it's bound to upset the apple cart.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:34 - Nov 22 with 739 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:26 - Nov 22 by trampie

We mainly play teams from the other side of the Dyke, we have or at least did have our own identity, some of our fans flying the same flags as our rivals and identifying the same as them is perverse, historically we are different, wars of independence, we had totally different laws, we treated women differently to them, we voted Liberal they voted Tory, then we voted Labour they voted Tory, since voting began (generalising but it's often the case), we broke away from their state religion, we tend to be sympathetic to the Basques, Irish, red Indians, Kurds etc they tend to be sympathetic to the imperialist powers, we are nearly always on the opposite side to them, it's the same with some other neighbours across the world, Croats and Serbs ect nearly always on different sides.

A group within the Swansea fanbase seemingly aligning with our rivals politically and flying the same flags as our rivals is going to upset a lot of Swansea fans, I don't know why they want to bring loyalist flags, English flags, union jacks (that is mainly associated with England in football) to Swansea games it's bound to upset the apple cart.

No,it upsets you.
Other matters upset others but you only have one perspective.
You have to respect democracy ,assuming you are one. Yiu purport to be.

Franco had plenty of support too and it s why Spain has issues with regional flags and the old scores of the civil war .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024