Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31345 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:37 - Nov 21 with 1511 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:20 - Nov 21 by Chief

Disagree, for white people to counter black lives matter by saying all lives matter because of the obvious discrepancy in how white people and black people are treated is racist to me.

Disagree again, I think it's a cop out answer personally.

Not really, if you're saying it's purely a political cause that would make no difference.

Well I doubt football clubs want conflict in their grounds, it's a headache for them. I agree the people choosing to boo instead of merely standing still for 10 seconds probably are excited and feel edgy by doing so. It's them who are creating the dissention.

But they are, our players have explicitly stated they are doing it to raise awareness for discrimination against black people. Not to further any political parties or political policies. Why not just take our player's words at face value and respect that?

And yes that's what people are doing. Pretending that the gesture is something it isn't.

As I say on TV and at stadium's the words black lives matter are no longer said or associated in connection with it. But still gets booed, which kind of blows the we hate the American group with some questionable aims that is also called BLM so we boo because of that out of the water in my opinion.

So if it's no longer associated with the words BLM (by some deliberately and conveniently conflated with the American group), why is it still getting booed?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:21]

Chief, again I'll disagree with the all lies matter thing. All lives should matter equally, all racism is wrong.

The rest of it I am onboard with. There are always some who will claim something cannot have it's meaning changed, that it will always represent something no matter what but meanings can change, well apart from the Swastika but even that had its meaning changed when the Nazi's adopted it.

I don't think taking the knee is purely about racism against black people though. The slogan is 'kick it out' and doesn't it mean all racism?

Again, I heard plenty of clapping when they took the knee yesterday but I didn't hear any booing and I'm in the South end of the East stand. I clapped it myself.

Repeating myself again but if the players are choosing them selves to take the knee and not being forced into it then great, freedom of choice, as it should be. We have sen some players choose not to and black players too.

Some people will always pretend the gesture isn't what most of us recognise it is because it suits their standpoint, as long as the majority get it and the message spreads then hopefully one day we will have kicked all racism out.

The great pity is I don't see that happening in my lifetime but I can dream.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:40 - Nov 21 with 1506 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:27 - Nov 21 by bennytheblue

Some dicks bedroom floor, you won’t see that flag up at the ground, it wouldn’t last long anyway.
It gets dealt with, just like the racists do. The lads from the docks used to find them and just stand around such clowns in the old days at NP, I can’t speak for now as most dont go anymore. They wouldn’t do it again I tell you that much.

Maybe Cardiff having a much larger non white population long before Swansea helped inclusion along. On the basis you are right, that is something Cardiff can be proud of, racism is pure ignorance and stupidity.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:48 - Nov 21 with 1471 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:37 - Nov 21 by Catullus

Chief, again I'll disagree with the all lies matter thing. All lives should matter equally, all racism is wrong.

The rest of it I am onboard with. There are always some who will claim something cannot have it's meaning changed, that it will always represent something no matter what but meanings can change, well apart from the Swastika but even that had its meaning changed when the Nazi's adopted it.

I don't think taking the knee is purely about racism against black people though. The slogan is 'kick it out' and doesn't it mean all racism?

Again, I heard plenty of clapping when they took the knee yesterday but I didn't hear any booing and I'm in the South end of the East stand. I clapped it myself.

Repeating myself again but if the players are choosing them selves to take the knee and not being forced into it then great, freedom of choice, as it should be. We have sen some players choose not to and black players too.

Some people will always pretend the gesture isn't what most of us recognise it is because it suits their standpoint, as long as the majority get it and the message spreads then hopefully one day we will have kicked all racism out.

The great pity is I don't see that happening in my lifetime but I can dream.

How will the message spread if so many can’t get past the politically affiliated gesture though? Understandably so.

I didn’t see anyone pretending the Kick it Out campaign meant something else, did you?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:39 - Nov 21 with 1405 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:29 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Thanks to the op for their post.

The post being vile racists abuse, nothing to do with flags, and an opinion on taking the knee.
The vile racist abuse, if that is how the op see’s it needs addressing by the club and more specifically the police, regardless of the political issues. If you are able to express more reagrds the words used op then do so.

The knee thing is just that. It’s been doe to death.

For me a union flag is the flag of the country we either reside in, or have been brought up in, and having served that country for years with that flag on my shoulder I find the attachment by some to a political cause disgusting. And that’s from those who oppose the flag and those who support it.

The flag issue should not be mixed up with vile racists abuse, it may well be some are connected but as I’ve explained that’s my countries flag. I can give an opinion on the flag, I can’t support racist abuse ( you may have gathered that already ) The dialogue behind today of course is open and there for all to see. Here’s hoping that there haven’t been any incident victims of yesterday’s stupidity.

Point of order from Wiki, Keith.

The United Kingdom consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The United Kingdom is a unitary parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy.
The U.K.is a sovereign state.

Your country is Wales, not UK.

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:51 - Nov 21 with 1376 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:29 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Thanks to the op for their post.

The post being vile racists abuse, nothing to do with flags, and an opinion on taking the knee.
The vile racist abuse, if that is how the op see’s it needs addressing by the club and more specifically the police, regardless of the political issues. If you are able to express more reagrds the words used op then do so.

The knee thing is just that. It’s been doe to death.

For me a union flag is the flag of the country we either reside in, or have been brought up in, and having served that country for years with that flag on my shoulder I find the attachment by some to a political cause disgusting. And that’s from those who oppose the flag and those who support it.

The flag issue should not be mixed up with vile racists abuse, it may well be some are connected but as I’ve explained that’s my countries flag. I can give an opinion on the flag, I can’t support racist abuse ( you may have gathered that already ) The dialogue behind today of course is open and there for all to see. Here’s hoping that there haven’t been any incident victims of yesterday’s stupidity.

I class my self as British & proud of the fact that my football club has supporters who are happy to be classed as Welsh & those who are happy to be classed as British & can fly whichever flag they want to.

I remember seeing a St Georges flag with a Swans flag on it are those supporters not allowed to follow our football club?

I wonder if fans of Everton & Spurs are so previous & even bother discussing the fact that Welsh flags are seen at games.

Welsh people can be very small minded & there are a few who post on this site.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:01 - Nov 21 with 1353 viewsbennytheblue

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:51 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

I class my self as British & proud of the fact that my football club has supporters who are happy to be classed as Welsh & those who are happy to be classed as British & can fly whichever flag they want to.

I remember seeing a St Georges flag with a Swans flag on it are those supporters not allowed to follow our football club?

I wonder if fans of Everton & Spurs are so previous & even bother discussing the fact that Welsh flags are seen at games.

If you are English then it should be ok to have one…..not sure how that works out in reality.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:23 - Nov 21 with 1311 views1983

We are a Welsh team playing in an English league after being invited by them.
The majority ownership of the club are American.
We play in a country where all the other teams are from another country (bar one).
We got more English players than Welsh players then sing disrespectful songs about the English.
We hate our Welsh footballing neighbours more than any other English team.
I've seen Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, Union Jacks, Rainbow flags, Spanish flags in Swansea
We have the English pound note and British passport in our pockets.

The whole thing is flucked...... You just have to play the game and smile

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:27 - Nov 21 with 1296 viewsKilkennyjack

Sort of my point …

Wales is a country
England is a country
Scotland is a country
UK is not a country, its a political union.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:31 - Nov 21 with 1293 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:23 - Nov 21 by 1983

We play in a country where all the other teams are from another country (bar one).
We got more English players than Welsh players then sing disrespectful songs about the English.
I've seen Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, Union Jacks, Rainbow flags, Spanish flags in Swansea

The pound belongs as much to Scotland as England. Fact.

You are right on the passport, although these things do change.
Mine used to say EU as well ….. 🇪🇺

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:43 - Nov 21 with 1273 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:11 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

With an entire larder to choose from the clowns at Yes Cymru had to go and open the one can they shouldn’t have gone within a mile of.

Nice work, ladies. I’d like to wish you the very best of luck...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:48 - Nov 21 with 1256 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:23 - Nov 21 by 1983

Swans joined the football league back in the day.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:09 - Nov 21 with 1186 viewsonehunglow

We are a part of the United Kingdom and our flag is the Union Flag.The Union of the 4 countries.
People either accept that or die bitter

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:12 - Nov 21 with 1198 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:43 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

With an entire larder to choose from the clowns at Yes Cymru had to go and open the one can they shouldn’t have gone within a mile of.

Well Welsh independence flags have been banned after complaints. People can't start moaning when flags with other opposed and differing politically motivated flags are also banned.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:14 - Nov 21 with 1196 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:43 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Just saying ‘but military’ is not enough to close down debate on wales future in our unequal and antiquated union.

Almost all of us have family connected to the armed forces.
It does not mean we cannot question that union, indeed we have to - and soon.

If ireland is reunited and scotland votes yes, then its all about wales.
Without reform the union is certainly dead.
Its only by talking about it that it has any chance of a future.

For many, the union flag represents English traditional dominance over the celtic nations.
The uk and England double use of GSTQ speaks to this.
Right or wrong, thats why the union flag causes angst to many on these islands.
Sticking that flag on welsh soldiers does not mean we cannot discuss these matters.

The people who brought the flags clearly wanted this debate, so lets have it.

I will start, the welsh flag is feared by no nation on earth. Sadly we cant say the same for the union flag. Our welsh flag is so good, why would you fly the union flag at swans games ? 🤷‍♂️

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:25 - Nov 21 with 1174 viewsFlashberryjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:44 - Nov 20 by magicdaps10

I wasn't there today so can't really say much on it.

I booed when they took the knee, yesterday ,and will do until it's stopped or I'm banned from the ground.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:29 - Nov 21 with 1168 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:09 - Nov 21 by onehunglow

We are a part of the United Kingdom and our flag is the Union Flag.The Union of the 4 countries.
People either accept that or die bitter

Indeed

We have a bunch of cry babies following the Swans, if someone wanted to fly an Irish tricolour I cant say I would approve but I wouldn't bleat like a little girl to the club about it.

As for Northern Ireland its part of the united kingdom & if someone wants to fly their flag so be it.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:31 - Nov 21 with 1159 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:14 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Just saying ‘but military’ is not enough to close down debate on wales future in our unequal and antiquated union.

For many, the union flag represents English traditional dominance over the celtic nations.
Sticking that flag on welsh soldiers does not mean we cannot discuss these matters.

I will start, the welsh flag is feared by no nation on earth. Sadly we cant say the same for the union flag. Our welsh flag is so good, why would you fly the union flag at swans games ? 🤷‍♂️

Killy, there’s absolutely no appetite outside of internet forums for independence; there’s not even a majority, popular turn-out to justify anything that emanates from Cardiff Bay currently.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 1146 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:29 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Indeed

We have a bunch of cry babies following the Swans, if someone wanted to fly an Irish tricolour I cant say I would approve but I wouldn't bleat like a little girl to the club about it.

As for Northern Ireland its part of the united kingdom & if someone wants to fly their flag so be it.

How about if it was directly behind you, so anyone looking at it would think it was yours, the owners were nowhere near them. I'm talking about the Cardiff game just for clarity.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:38 - Nov 21 with 1125 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:25 - Nov 21 by Flashberryjack

I booed when they took the knee, yesterday ,and will do until it's stopped or I'm banned from the ground.

As is your right, however surely its best to let them get on with their now totally pointless gesture. How many of the players would reject going to the WC in Quatar out of principal. Now that would be refreshing and powerfulto see.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:40 - Nov 21 with 1108 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:14 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

I'll always struggle with the military reasoning too. For one, surely any youngster growing up in South Wales goes in to the army for the job (steady wage), the adventure, maybe to stay on the straight and narrow? Surely not to defend Britain!? And an old lady who you'll never know, meet and cares not one iota for your wellbeing in reality?

Now once in, I can understand how a young person from South Wales surrounded constantly by union jack regalia and English soldiers naturally more in tune to patriotism to Britain can become more embroiled and attached to the notion of Britain.

But then I'd also question the need to when coming back to normal society, in South Wales, for the need to parade flags such as the union jack (or worse) that the vast majority of the other people in the area wouldn't really come into contact with or have much of an affinity with? Going to watch the Swans isn't a military parade or an event like the Olympics where Britain actually takes part.

Some will say Wales aren't competing either, but we are watching football and our national football team is Wales. Plus the fact that we play against English teams most weeks, so the Welsh flags gibe us and a few others a fairly unique identity.

I'm not looking for conflict or belittling anyone's service here. I'm just interested in the subject of nation identity. Always have done.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:41 - Nov 21 with 1103 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:29 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Indeed

Presumably you think the people who got Welsh independence flags banned are cry babies too then?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:47 - Nov 21 with 1087 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:32 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

How about if it was directly behind you, so anyone looking at it would think it was yours, the owners were nowhere near them. I'm talking about the Cardiff game just for clarity.

It happened yesterday too from what I could see. The people who appeared to own the flag's weren't right in front of them. So don't know why other people closer or nearby who don't want the flag there (no matter what flags they are) should have to put up with them.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:52 - Nov 21 with 1069 viewstrampie

The military should have no more influence on sport than any other professions or groups, just because a bunch of squaddies have taken the King's Schilling (or is it the Queens Schilling these days ?) and seemingly in this case have some imperialist right wing sympathises, that does not mean the whole fanbase should follow suit.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 1044 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:32 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

Dear God the flags were put up on the back of the stand do people really think that all those with flags sit directly in front / behind their flag.

Their was a guy who used to put up a Hungarian Swans flag just in front of me in the East stand, never once did I think do fans think I’m Hungarian.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 1042 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:31 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

The pound belongs as much to Scotland as England. Fact.

You are right on the passport, although these things do change.
Mine used to say EU as well ….. 🇪🇺

The Pound Sterling, like the passport, belongs to the Union. If Scotland left the Union they forfeit the pound unless they accept fiscal control by the bank of England, which would not be true independence.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024