Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31341 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 00:18 - Nov 22 with 1554 viewsDJack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:51 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

I’m sure he would have been quite safe on his own , anyway people have different views and different loyalties however we are all swans fans the infighting has to stop

Trampie puts Welsh Nationalism above all else. To be fair to Kilks he is a swans fan and a Nationalist and will argue both points with equal vigour. Trampie is a 2 hat.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:05 - Nov 22 with 1422 viewsRonaldStump

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:25 - Nov 21 by Flashberryjack

I booed when they took the knee, yesterday ,and will do until it's stopped or I'm banned from the ground.

Same here ....b@llocks to marxism

(He She Him)

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:08 - Nov 22 with 1426 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 00:18 - Nov 22 by DJack

Trampie puts Welsh Nationalism above all else. To be fair to Kilks he is a swans fan and a Nationalist and will argue both points with equal vigour. Trampie is a 2 hat.

You been drinking again have you.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:13 - Nov 22 with 1423 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:51 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

I’m sure he would have been quite safe on his own , anyway people have different views and different loyalties however we are all swans fans the infighting has to stop

People should have more respect, everyone is welcome to support the Swans but all this Rangers, Linfield, Chelsea, London, England, QSTQ, Ulster nonsense on flags etc has nothing to do with supporting the Swans

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:15 - Nov 22 with 1416 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:05 - Nov 22 by RonaldStump

Same here ....b@llocks to marxism

Equality and equal rights is the way forward, lots to be said for Communist ideals.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:43 - Nov 22 with 1387 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:15 - Nov 22 by trampie

Equality and equal rights is the way forward, lots to be said for Communist ideals.

Death brings a form of equality, I suppose. 100 million victims and counting...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:54 - Nov 22 with 1360 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:43 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Yeah think my eyes bled reading that.

I’m constantly amazed how little people know about communism. Usually they are the ones screaming for it the loudest.

The ones who can’t say enough bad things about it have usually experienced it first hand.

People think it raises people from a lower economic level to a higher one, it’s doesn’t, after a short while it just lowers the higher economic standard to meet the lower. Now everyone is poor with no means to escape.

Under capitalism there is always opportunity and innovation, regardless of current economic status. It’s entirely transient.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:01 - Nov 22 with 1351 viewstrampie

You need to look at the other side of the coin.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:55 - Nov 22 with 1314 viewsBoundy

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:13 - Nov 22 by trampie

People should have more respect, everyone is welcome to support the Swans but all this Rangers, Linfield, Chelsea, London, England, QSTQ, Ulster nonsense on flags etc has nothing to do with supporting the Swans

If I had my way , no flags of any nation including Wales should be flown , that way the idiots would have to find something else to moan/fight/bicker over .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:17 - Nov 22 with 1295 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:01 - Nov 22 by trampie

You need to look at the other side of the coin.

Look at what, that link to ‘Rastafari TV?’

Bigger hit in the Vale of Neath than Emmerdale, is it?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:32 - Nov 22 with 1264 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:17 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Look at what, that link to ‘Rastafari TV?’

Bigger hit in the Vale of Neath than Emmerdale, is it?

It's an article from the Independent .

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:05 - Nov 22 with 1245 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:45 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Is Wales a country?
Yes, Wales is country and not a Principality. Although Wales shares a border with England and is part of Great Britain, Wales is a country in its own right.

Wales was officially recognised as a country in December 2011 by the influential International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) - but it hasn’t really been a Principality for hundreds of years.

The 'United Kingdom' refers to a political union between, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Although the UK is a fully independent sovereign state, the 4 nations that make it up are also countries in their own right and have a certain extent of autonomy.

I am not going to school you again.
Wales is a country.
UK is sovereign state, but not a country.
The UN has UK on its list of member states - which is correct.

School me? That's hysterical It was I who pointed out to you that Wales was only recognised as a country in 2011. Until then you had been insisting Wales always was a country.

Besides which I haven't said Wales isn't a country I have just schooled you that the UK is actually a UN recognised country. read this,

https://www.thoughtco.com/country-state-and-nation-1433559

Taken from that....The word country can be used to mean the same thing as state, sovereign state, or nation-state. It can also be used in a less political manner to refer to a region or cultural area that has no governmental status. Examples include Wine Country (the grape-growing area of northern California) and Coal Country (the coal-mining region of Pennsylvania).

So Kilky, when you recognise the UK as a sovereign state, you can recognise it as a country too. I know you won't have that though.

Ironic really, you want Wales restored to a previous historic position yet the historic position when Welsh regions were nearly entirely unified, under Hywel Dda was fealty to England and King Athelstan.

You have never schooled me Kilky and throwing something at me that I originally told you is actually very funny.

And now though, lets try and keep it on topic, we're hijacking a thread and that's not fair.

Racism needs to be stopped, this flag issue is being investigated. if they need to ban all fags because people cannot behave will be a sad but necessary action. With all the cameras in grounds these days it wouldn't surprise me if people got banned.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:12 - Nov 22 with 1238 viewsBadlands

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:10 - Nov 20 by owainglyndwr

This could escalate and get out of hand,
Also causing big problems with the club and people wanting to support the club..

Would you defend booing players who cross themselves or pray to the fantasy figure of their choice?
Taking the knee is about equality ... maybe that is what you object to?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:14 - Nov 22 with 1221 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:12 - Nov 22 by Badlands

Would you defend booing players who cross themselves or pray to the fantasy figure of their choice?
Taking the knee is about equality ... maybe that is what you object to?

I didn’t realise players were so religious or is it all about gestures

Yeah,I’d ban all buddy religious gestures.

If nothing else it means God and Allah are busy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:49 - Nov 22 with 1190 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:32 - Nov 22 by trampie

It's an article from the Independent .

By Johann Hari!!

Oh! Tramp, mun; what’s the premise here? If you’re going to pick a monkey at all why not pick a howler monkey?

‘ The author used to be the Independent’s star columnist, a prolific polemicist and darling of the left, until his career imploded in disgrace when it emerged in 2011 that many of his articles contained quotes apparently said to him but in fact lifted from his interviewees’ books, or from previous interviews by other journalists. Worse, he was exposed as a “sockpuppet”, or someone who anonymously furthers his own interests online. Using a false identity, Hari had maliciously amended the Wikipedia pages of journalists he disliked — among them the Telegraph columnist Cristina Odone and the Observer’s Nick Cohen — accusing them of antisemitism, homophobia and other toxic falsehoods. Under the same pseudonym, he had also edited his own Wikipedia page, lavishly flattering his profile to, as he puts it, “big myself up”. The Independent suspended him, four months later he resigned, and no British newspaper has published his journalism since.’

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:19 - Nov 22 with 1156 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:49 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

By Johann Hari!!

Oh! Tramp, mun; what’s the premise here? If you’re going to pick a monkey at all why not pick a howler monkey?

‘ The author used to be the Independent’s star columnist, a prolific polemicist and darling of the left, until his career imploded in disgrace when it emerged in 2011 that many of his articles contained quotes apparently said to him but in fact lifted from his interviewees’ books, or from previous interviews by other journalists. Worse, he was exposed as a “sockpuppet”, or someone who anonymously furthers his own interests online. Using a false identity, Hari had maliciously amended the Wikipedia pages of journalists he disliked — among them the Telegraph columnist Cristina Odone and the Observer’s Nick Cohen — accusing them of antisemitism, homophobia and other toxic falsehoods. Under the same pseudonym, he had also edited his own Wikipedia page, lavishly flattering his profile to, as he puts it, “big myself up”. The Independent suspended him, four months later he resigned, and no British newspaper has published his journalism since.’

You mean there was no deaths caused through the management of the Empire in India, Kenya, South Africa, Ireland etc ?, that Harri had got that wrong.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 11:27]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 1138 viewstrampie

Oh here is an interesting tweet, your 100 million plus topped by someone saying our lot are up to 150 million.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:33 - Nov 22 with 1126 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 20:32 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Ok so if someone was in the panty back in the 90s with rangers / Union Jack regalia with you being so vocal would you have had a word with them , now answer this wisely

Oh 1462 jack, you know that mass brawl in the news on the motorway yesterday between what was said was Rangers and Hibs fans, was it Rangers and Hibs going at it ? or was it Rangers fighting each other again ?, I only ask because Rangers were fighting each other in the ground as Hibs beat them in the cup semi, only asking incase you are in the know, it did seem to be a very big fight judging by video footage from cars stuck in the traffic with them even fighting in the road.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 1109 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:25 - Nov 22 by trampie

Oh here is an interesting tweet, your 100 million plus topped by someone saying our lot are up to 150 million.

Fair enough, Tramp. If somebody on Twitter says something it must be true, citadel of unyielding veracity that it is.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:43 - Nov 22 with 1101 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:41 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Fair enough, Tramp. If somebody on Twitter says something it must be true, citadel of unyielding veracity that it is.

Same as if somebody says it on a football message board.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:52 - Nov 22 with 1076 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:33 - Nov 22 by trampie

Oh 1462 jack, you know that mass brawl in the news on the motorway yesterday between what was said was Rangers and Hibs fans, was it Rangers and Hibs going at it ? or was it Rangers fighting each other again ?, I only ask because Rangers were fighting each other in the ground as Hibs beat them in the cup semi, only asking incase you are in the know, it did seem to be a very big fight judging by video footage from cars stuck in the traffic with them even fighting in the road.

God knows mate you seem to be in the know and look like you are partial to pulling stuff off the internet so why don’t you find out
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:06 - Nov 22 with 1061 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:52 - Nov 22 by 1462jack

God knows mate you seem to be in the know and look like you are partial to pulling stuff off the internet so why don’t you find out

It's reported as Rangers and Hibs, there have been problems between them before, so very possible, but for both busses to happen to be one behind the other is possible but it would be more likely to be two busses of the same teams supporters one behind the other but in this case apparently not, Rangers were then fighting with each other in the ground, not unusual in their case.
Why some Swans fans would want to align themselves to them or any other team is a mystery to me.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:52 - Nov 22 with 1027 viewsLoyalSwansea

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:09 - Nov 21 by trampie

Football is tribal, Swansea was a Welsh team, this flying the union jack is disrespectful to the old fanbase of Swansea (is white flight immigration from England playing a part ?), Wales is not represented on the union jack, I've followed the Swans for decades and there never was any union jacks or Irish (Northern or otherwise) flags amongst the Swansea support, it started creeping in this century.
In football the union jack is associated with the right wing, racism, imperialism ect that goes against what a Welsh fanbase would have stood for, it's very disappointing to see.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 8:13]

The union flag and the Northern Ireland flag have been in attendance since the late 80’s
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:52 - Nov 22 with 1026 viewsDewi1jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:50 - Nov 21 by Chief

But would you stand in front of a Welsh independence flag with nothing said?

I ask owners/ supporters of Welsh independence flying the flag just the one thing

"How would Wales support itself without an injection of money from the English taxpayer?"
Then laugh at them when they flounder around for any sort of logical answer

Like most Forces/ ex forces, my nationality when I'm asked is British Welsh.
Both as important as each other in my humble opinion and has been since I wrote the cheque to the Queen for loyalty at any price up to and including 1 life.

No time for any terrorist supporters for any denomination.
Red Hand gang? Keep your sh1te out of our football ground.
(Your flag is down the front by the hoardings in the front BTW. Or it was when I left it there Saturday )
BLM? Shove your fist salute up your arze you racist, terrorist b'stards
Free Wales army? Burn your own house down.
Free Palestine? With how many tokens?
And so on.
(Awaits the "you're fuken racist comments!!)

No flag with any political statement/ badge written/ embroidered on it should be in a football ground.
Or sports ground for that matter.
Only flags with the club name/ town area name on them.
And it doesn't fuken matter if it's the UJ provided the person is a Swans fan

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 1014 viewsBadlands

How many millions died from Catholic expansion (68,000,000 men ... women and children not included)
How many died because of British expansionism? In India alone 35 million (conservative number - Indian historians go to nearer 60,000,000) were killed through deliberate British government policy.
Mud slinging doesn't help.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024