Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31401 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:04 - Nov 22 with 832 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:03 - Nov 22 by 73__73

You mean like Kilkenny, Builth and Trampie

I’m not saying that at all.

Edit. Not everyone are fighters, and not everyone has the ability to verbalise their thoughts.
I’ve no idea which bracket any of them fit, but I would hazard a guess Builthy would be a worthy comrade in any trench.,

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:10 - Nov 22 with 802 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:04 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

I’m not saying that at all.

Edit. Not everyone are fighters, and not everyone has the ability to verbalise their thoughts.
I’ve no idea which bracket any of them fit, but I would hazard a guess Builthy would be a worthy comrade in any trench.,

I think he’d get very confused though. He was absolutely convinced that Flynn was going to be the next Cardiff manager 😂

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:11 - Nov 22 with 798 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:10 - Nov 22 by 73__73

I think he’d get very confused though. He was absolutely convinced that Flynn was going to be the next Cardiff manager 😂

Predicting the future is quite difficult though.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 793 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:03 - Nov 22 by 73__73

You mean like Kilkenny, Builth and Trampie

Some the Welsh centric support you speak of weren't too reluctant to confront some others on Saturday were they

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:13 - Nov 22 with 791 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:11 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Predicting the future is quite difficult though.

He was convinced and it certainly wasn’t a prediction 😂

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:15 - Nov 22 with 783 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:12 - Nov 22 by Chief

Some the Welsh centric support you speak of weren't too reluctant to confront some others on Saturday were they

It only takes a few either way.
Never doubt the loyalist sympathisers who follow any club to come together at any away game and make a point.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:21 - Nov 22 with 769 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:12 - Nov 22 by Chief

Confronting who ? I was fairly close and from what I saw it was a few youngish guys with their girlfriends and some children also there.

I’ve seen Union Jack flags in a pub very close to the stadium, funny those people don’t get confronted. I wonder why lol 👊

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:24 - Nov 22 with 746 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:21 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Confronting who ? I was fairly close and from what I saw it was a few youngish guys with their girlfriends and some children also there.

I’ve seen Union Jack flags in a pub very close to the stadium, funny those people don’t get confronted. I wonder why lol 👊

What pub was it?.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:25 - Nov 22 with 746 viewsKeithHaynes

Depends on who you are talking about.
Swansea has long had a very militant British support, these days the original lads are cracking on. We won’t name names of course but they are very well known. Probably why the union flag that’s been in the east stand for years has never been messed about with.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 731 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:25 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Depends on who you are talking about.
Swansea has long had a very militant British support, these days the original lads are cracking on. We won’t name names of course but they are very well known. Probably why the union flag that’s been in the east stand for years has never been messed about with.

Yes I know. From what I’ve heard, expect more British flags at Swansea games home and away.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 731 viewsChief

Girlfriends and children.

Haha ok. I'm sure 'the lads' will be chuffed to hear you say that about them.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 718 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:29 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Yes I know. From what I’ve heard, expect more British flags at Swansea games home and away.

It’s inevitable.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 716 viewsDewi1jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:01 - Nov 22 by trampie

Isn't that just what they are doing flag waggling ?

Just like that Yes Cymru rag I've seen around various places you mean?
Fuk the thieving despots in the Senedd.
Burn the sh1tehole down and save lives with the money wasted.
Stoke the fire with communist, insular, jingoistic nationalist tossers as well
You know the type
"Have to vote labour and despise the UJ to be a true, real Swans fan"
Ring a bell?

Fair play.
You change direction quicker than a sunflower caught in a hurricane when you're called out.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 716 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:29 - Nov 22 by Chief

Girlfriends and children.

Haha ok. I'm sure 'the lads' will be chuffed to hear you say that about them.

As I said I could see exactly what happened. A couple of guys in their 20’s with what looked like their girlfriends. Don’t make it out that it was a load of lads with the Union flags, because it wasn’t

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:37 - Nov 22 with 705 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:32 - Nov 22 by 73__73

As I said I could see exactly what happened. A couple of guys in their 20’s with what looked like their girlfriends. Don’t make it out that it was a load of lads with the Union flags, because it wasn’t

Haha that's exactly what it was. And the videos of the incident on social media aside clearly show it too.

Don't do the Cardiff thing of playing the victim woman and kids card now!

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:38 - Nov 22 with 698 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:24 - Nov 22 by ReslovenSwan1

What pub was it?.

Well if you don’t know, what’s the point of telling you

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:39 - Nov 22 with 696 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:32 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

Just like that Yes Cymru rag I've seen around various places you mean?
Fuk the thieving despots in the Senedd.
Burn the sh1tehole down and save lives with the money wasted.
Stoke the fire with communist, insular, jingoistic nationalist tossers as well
You know the type
"Have to vote labour and despise the UJ to be a true, real Swans fan"
Ring a bell?

Fair play.
You change direction quicker than a sunflower caught in a hurricane when you're called out.

That’s borderline Dylan Thomas, fair play.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:41 - Nov 22 with 689 viewsChief

But all jokes aside now, hopefully the club will do something about the loyalist regalia.

But neither side are realistically going to back down from the union jack / Welsh centric side so a line needs to be drawn now and everyone needs to move on and the goading from both sides has to end and coexist.

Otherwise it's going to get worse and worse and will make going to watch the team a not very nice experience at all.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:42 - Nov 22 with 686 viewsowainglyndwr

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:29 - Nov 22 by 73__73

That's fine crack on ...but I think you will find that support for Swansea City will drop ,
We can be going down a slippery slope here ...
Some people are not frightened by the boys with the union flag, but just can't be bothered
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:43 - Nov 22 with 684 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:37 - Nov 22 by Chief

Haha that's exactly what it was. And the videos of the incident on social media aside clearly show it too.

Don't do the Cardiff thing of playing the victim woman and kids card now!

Bollocks. If that was a load of lads it would have kicked off, which it didn’t.
I saw the incident. As Keith said why hasn’t the large Union flag on half way been messed with ?
Hopefully there will be loads of British flags there on Saturday

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:46 - Nov 22 with 677 viewsDewi1jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 21:58 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

Watch out
"Swansea City has launched a new discriminatory reporting service for supporters attending matches at the Swansea.com Stadium"

Guess Trampie will be reporting me and others for being British, not voting Labour/ Plaid (so not allowing them the chance to govern the World) and discriminating against the real Swans fans by taking their seat then.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:48 - Nov 22 with 676 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:43 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Bollocks. If that was a load of lads it would have kicked off, which it didn’t.
I saw the incident. As Keith said why hasn’t the large Union flag on half way been messed with ?
Hopefully there will be loads of British flags there on Saturday

Well it did kick off, violence did occur. Not saying it was a major incident but it did.

Well probably because it's hung up there quietly (not waved with v signs to other fans), isn't used in tandem with sectarian flags and the people sitting behind it are presumably ok with it being there. Which hasn't been the case with the latest few incidents.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 674 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:48 - Nov 22 by Chief

Well it did kick off, violence did occur. Not saying it was a major incident but it did.

Well probably because it's hung up there quietly (not waved with v signs to other fans), isn't used in tandem with sectarian flags and the people sitting behind it are presumably ok with it being there. Which hasn't been the case with the latest few incidents.

It did not kick off. Post a video that proves me wrong ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:51 - Nov 22 with 672 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:50 - Nov 22 by 73__73

It did not kick off. Post a video that proves me wrong ?

Why were people forceably ejected then? Are you trying to claim no punches were thrown?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:53 - Nov 22 with 657 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:41 - Nov 22 by Chief

But all jokes aside now, hopefully the club will do something about the loyalist regalia.

But neither side are realistically going to back down from the union jack / Welsh centric side so a line needs to be drawn now and everyone needs to move on and the goading from both sides has to end and coexist.

Otherwise it's going to get worse and worse and will make going to watch the team a not very nice experience at all.

Loyalist stuff yes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024