Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31344 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:58 - Nov 21 with 1245 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:32 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

How about if it was directly behind you, so anyone looking at it would think it was yours, the owners were nowhere near them. I'm talking about the Cardiff game just for clarity.

I’m not scruffy with ginger hair so anyone with any sense would realise it wasn’t mine.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:58 - Nov 21 with 1241 viewsFlashberryjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:38 - Nov 21 by Treforys_Jack

As is your right, however surely its best to let them get on with their now totally pointless gesture. How many of the players would reject going to the WC in Quatar out of principal. Now that would be refreshing and powerfulto see.

"its best to let them get on with their now totally pointless gesture"

No it's not, if you disagree with something then say so.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 1240 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:55 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Dear God the flags were put up on the back of the stand do people really think that all those with flags sit directly in front / behind their flag.

Their was a guy who used to put up a Hungarian Swans flag just in front of me in the East stand, never once did I think do fans think I’m Hungarian.

If someone put the NI flag behind me with the red hand and Swansea loyal on it, I'd pull it down myself.No place for it at Swansea. NI flag no issue, UJ again no issue, however if its true that they were shouting racist comments then they deserve all they get. Stewards were way too slow to react.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:00 - Nov 21 with 1227 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:58 - Nov 21 by Flashberryjack

"its best to let them get on with their now totally pointless gesture"

No it's not, if you disagree with something then say so.

As I said , it's your right, but if things get ignored they generally fade away.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:01 - Nov 21 with 1223 viewsTreforys_Jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:58 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

I’m not scruffy with ginger hair so anyone with any sense would realise it wasn’t mine.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 1213 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:40 - Nov 21 by Chief

I'll always struggle with the military reasoning too. For one, surely any youngster growing up in South Wales goes in to the army for the job (steady wage), the adventure, maybe to stay on the straight and narrow? Surely not to defend Britain!? And an old lady who you'll never know, meet and cares not one iota for your wellbeing in reality?

Now once in, I can understand how a young person from South Wales surrounded constantly by union jack regalia and English soldiers naturally more in tune to patriotism to Britain can become more embroiled and attached to the notion of Britain.

But then I'd also question the need to when coming back to normal society, in South Wales, for the need to parade flags such as the union jack (or worse) that the vast majority of the other people in the area wouldn't really come into contact with or have much of an affinity with? Going to watch the Swans isn't a military parade or an event like the Olympics where Britain actually takes part.

Some will say Wales aren't competing either, but we are watching football and our national football team is Wales. Plus the fact that we play against English teams most weeks, so the Welsh flags gibe us and a few others a fairly unique identity.

I'm not looking for conflict or belittling anyone's service here. I'm just interested in the subject of nation identity. Always have done.

I’m in a welsh regiment and identify as being British and welsh
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:12 - Nov 21 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:29 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Indeed

We have a bunch of cry babies following the Swans, if someone wanted to fly an Irish tricolour I cant say I would approve but I wouldn't bleat like a little girl to the club about it.

As for Northern Ireland its part of the united kingdom & if someone wants to fly their flag so be it.

And it always will be unless there is another civil war

Welsh soldiers fought for Britain.

Last week was Remembrance Day you utter morons.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:22 - Nov 21 with 1175 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:07 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

Head and heart without thinking twice.

That’s not to make some grand statement, it’s simply who and what we are.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:23 - Nov 21 with 1174 viewsBillyChong

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:12 - Nov 21 by onehunglow

What’s Remembrance Day got to do with it?
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:32 - Nov 21 with 1126 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:23 - Nov 21 by BillyChong

What’s Remembrance Day got to do with it?

Everything.
Welsh soldiers British army.

Get it now

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:35 - Nov 21 with 1140 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 14:27 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Sort of my point …

Wales is a country
England is a country
Scotland is a country
UK is not a country, its a political union.

Well every country is like that. England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland didn’t exist originally. They were made up of a number of petty kingdoms that were brought into union either by marriage, inheritance or war to come up with the state of affairs we have in the modern day. If you want things to go back to its original state we’d just have Dyfed and Powys knocking the shit out of each other again forever.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:37 - Nov 21 with 1136 viewsLohengrin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:35 - Nov 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well every country is like that. England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland didn’t exist originally. They were made up of a number of petty kingdoms that were brought into union either by marriage, inheritance or war to come up with the state of affairs we have in the modern day. If you want things to go back to its original state we’d just have Dyfed and Powys knocking the shit out of each other again forever.

” we’d just have Dyfed and Powys knocking the shit out of each other again.”

That’s youth rugby for you...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:50 - Nov 21 with 1105 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 15:55 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Dear God the flags were put up on the back of the stand do people really think that all those with flags sit directly in front / behind their flag.

Their was a guy who used to put up a Hungarian Swans flag just in front of me in the East stand, never once did I think do fans think I’m Hungarian.

But would you stand in front of a Welsh independence flag with nothing said?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:52 - Nov 21 with 1096 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:07 - Nov 21 by 1462jack

So presumably you're baffled and dismayed by this group's and other military veterans insistence on union jack and loyalist centric flags that have no connection to Wales then?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:56 - Nov 21 with 1090 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:22 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Head and heart without thinking twice.

That’s not to make some grand statement, it’s simply who and what we are.

Why not try a Welsh flag or swans flag that says "Swansea Veterans" or the like on it then?

Pretty sure that wouldn't cause any dissention or divide amongst the fans?

If you class yourself as Welsh too, why not?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:59 - Nov 21 with 1087 viewspencoedjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:50 - Nov 21 by Chief

But would you stand in front of a Welsh independence flag with nothing said?

If it was put up at the back of the stand I couldn’t give a toss.

Do you really believe every flag at the back of the East stand belongs to the person sat in front of it?
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:22 - Nov 21 with 1027 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:59 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Do you really believe every flag at the back of the East stand belongs to the person sat in front of it?

Hot dogs for tea -the very worst.
Hot dogs !

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 1035 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:59 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

Well it's either put up by the people who are standing nearby or its flags that people in the immediate vicinity don't mind being there.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:29 - Nov 21 with 1019 viewsguthrieintherain

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:51 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

I class my self as British & proud of the fact that my football club has supporters who are happy to be classed as Welsh & those who are happy to be classed as British & can fly whichever flag they want to.

I remember seeing a St Georges flag with a Swans flag on it are those supporters not allowed to follow our football club?

I wonder if fans of Everton & Spurs are so previous & even bother discussing the fact that Welsh flags are seen at games.

Welsh people can be very small minded & there are a few who post on this site.

I remember going to Shrewsbury and Plymouth and Swans fans singing no surrender to the IRA.

Was embarrassing the last away game my father went to and can see why.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 990 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:29 - Nov 21 by guthrieintherain

I remember going to Shrewsbury and Plymouth and Swans fans singing no surrender to the IRA.

Was embarrassing the last away game my father went to and can see why.

I remember that too at Shrews.Was that when Andy Robbo,Winstons favourite player,got red carded.
I got very cross that game

I got even more cross when we got shafted in some mid week cup game ,think it was.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 1002 viewsReslovenSwan1

All sorts of minority interest groups and activists want to engage with the club and its up to 20,000 supporters. They hope for traction by associating with big numbers of people.

All fans should be anti racially but not necessarily pro BLM for example. Taking the knee is associated with the BLM ant police brutality symbolism whether the FA like it or not. The FA already had its own symbols ad organisations. In the main it has worked quite well.

Northern Ireland is made up of two ethnic groups that have seen serious disorder death and injury between them. The word 'loyalist' is taking one side over the other on neutral ground. They cannot be allowed to intimate the club supports one side or the other. Such flags should not be allowed. Neither should Sinn Fein flags be allowed.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:43 - Nov 21 with 971 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:40 - Nov 21 by ReslovenSwan1

All sorts of minority interest groups and activists want to engage with the club and its up to 20,000 supporters. They hope for traction by associating with big numbers of people.

All fans should be anti racially but not necessarily pro BLM for example. Taking the knee is associated with the BLM ant police brutality symbolism whether the FA like it or not. The FA already had its own symbols ad organisations. In the main it has worked quite well.

Northern Ireland is made up of two ethnic groups that have seen serious disorder death and injury between them. The word 'loyalist' is taking one side over the other on neutral ground. They cannot be allowed to intimate the club supports one side or the other. Such flags should not be allowed. Neither should Sinn Fein flags be allowed.

Good post that Res

Religious bigotry should be absolutely stamped on,its the worst of all,the biggest danger of all and naked hate based on various religious fantasies.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:38 - Nov 21 with 942 viewsjohnlangy

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:12 - Nov 21 by onehunglow

Wrong ohl. The inclusion of NI as part of the UK will be sorted by a referendum in the not too distant future.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 18:41 - Nov 21 with 939 viewsangryjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 17:43 - Nov 21 by onehunglow

Good post that Res

Religious bigotry should be absolutely stamped on,its the worst of all,the biggest danger of all and naked hate based on various religious fantasies.

I class myself british before welsh and don't see no wrong in the union jack,the welsh government dies nothing for anything outside cardiff,cardiff prospers and rest wales left to rot,I support the union Jack and if it was my flag and someone tried ripping it down I could assure you it wouldn't end well either,who the f@ck do these people think they are to go around touching other peoples stuff and thinking they got a right to do so,if they not happy about it contact club,not try and just think they can rip.other people's belongings off wall,if the club then makes a stance they would have to ban all flags not pick and chose certain ones as they will be opening a can worms..
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 900 views1462jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 16:52 - Nov 21 by Chief

So presumably you're baffled and dismayed by this group's and other military veterans insistence on union jack and loyalist centric flags that have no connection to Wales then?

No union jacks have been on display with swans fans for as long as I have been watching them never a problem before
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024