Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 31340 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:56 - Nov 21 with 1731 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:37 - Nov 21 by Chief

Yes it's the stock answer. "Should keep politics out of Football". Never once seen or heard anyone actually have the balls to admit their racism. Although some come close to with "all lives matter" mantra.

I will note though that you never hear the words "black lives matter" anymore, it's been totally phased out and none of our players do the fist anymore. So there's no association to any quasi - political entity anymore and yet it still gets booed by some.

Why is someone racist for saying that every life matters? Every means every. It’s the opposite of racism.

Neither would the vast majority of people that disagree with the knee be racist. It's the stock answer because it's the true answer.

People would prefer them to say its because they are racist though because its convenient to their cause. It gives them someone to fight against.

Conflict gives people some excitement, gives people a cause. So using symbolism they know people will be divided upon, allows them the freedom to interpret that disagreement as they wish and create that conflict they need.

The fact they aren't booing anything to do with race or equality seems irrelevant to these people.

They will take anything they can get and pretend it signifies that.

Kick it Out seems too boring for those people, because when the politics is removed, everyone agrees.... however quite clearly, universal agreement is not the goal which is a great shame.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 17:15]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:20 - Nov 21 with 1687 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:56 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Why is someone racist for saying that every life matters? Every means every. It’s the opposite of racism.

Neither would the vast majority of people that disagree with the knee be racist. It's the stock answer because it's the true answer.

People would prefer them to say its because they are racist though because its convenient to their cause. It gives them someone to fight against.

Conflict gives people some excitement, gives people a cause. So using symbolism they know people will be divided upon, allows them the freedom to interpret that disagreement as they wish and create that conflict they need.

The fact they aren't booing anything to do with race or equality seems irrelevant to these people.

They will take anything they can get and pretend it signifies that.

Kick it Out seems too boring for those people, because when the politics is removed, everyone agrees.... however quite clearly, universal agreement is not the goal which is a great shame.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 17:15]

Disagree, for white people to counter black lives matter by saying all lives matter because of the obvious discrepancy in how white people and black people are treated is racist to me.

Disagree again, I think it's a cop out answer personally.

Not really, if you're saying it's purely a political cause that would make no difference.

Well I doubt football clubs want conflict in their grounds, it's a headache for them. I agree the people choosing to boo instead of merely standing still for 10 seconds probably are excited and feel edgy by doing so. It's them who are creating the dissention.

But they are, our players have explicitly stated they are doing it to raise awareness for discrimination against black people. Not to further any political parties or political policies. Why not just take our player's words at face value and respect that?

And yes that's what people are doing. Pretending that the gesture is something it isn't.

As I say on TV and at stadium's the words black lives matter are no longer said or associated in connection with it. But still gets booed, which kind of blows the we hate the American group with some questionable aims that is also called BLM so we boo because of that out of the water in my opinion.

So if it's no longer associated with the words BLM (by some deliberately and conveniently conflated with the American group), why is it still getting booed?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:21]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:33 - Nov 21 with 1644 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:20 - Nov 21 by Chief

Disagree, for white people to counter black lives matter by saying all lives matter because of the obvious discrepancy in how white people and black people are treated is racist to me.

Not really, if you're saying it's purely a political cause that would make no difference.

Well I doubt football clubs want conflict in their grounds, it's a headache for them. I agree the people choosing to boo instead of merely standing still for 10 seconds probably are excited and feel edgy by doing so. It's them who are creating the dissention.

But they are, our players have explicitly stated they are doing it to raise awareness for discrimination against black people. Not to further any political parties or political policies. Why not just take our player's words at face value and respect that?

And yes that's what people are doing. Pretending that the gesture is something it isn't.

As I say on TV and at stadium's the words black lives matter are no longer said or associated in connection with it. But still gets booed, which kind of blows the we hate the American group with some questionable aims that is also called BLM so we boo because of that out of the water in my opinion.

So if it's no longer associated with the words BLM (by some deliberately and conveniently conflated with the American group), why is it still getting booed?

There is no counter, its a correction. You don't have to be a certain color to make obvious observations.

No life matters over any other, all races face their challenges and prejudices. All of them, white included.

I am all for every life mattering and always will be, and I would take extreme exception to you calling me a racist for valuing all life equally.

You aren't in a position to say that it’s a cop out, because you are then stating you have the right to tell someone what their intentions are, something you advocate against. On one hand you argue that it doesn't matter what the actions of the players kneeling is, its why they are doing it that counts and we have to take them at their word and agree with their interpretation.

On the other hand anyone who disagrees and tells you why, you disbelieve them and make up your own conclusions why they are doing it based on no evidence at all. You can't hold both opinions at the same time, they contradict eachother.

We either believe people regarding their intentions or we don't?

I didn't say the people booing feel edgy doing it? Not sure where the agreeing is coming from there? They have every right to vocally oppose what they see as a political gesture, just as much right as those that do the knee - but its quite disingenuous to state only one side is allowed to express their reasoning for doing so while the others are disbelieved.

Nobody is pretending the gesture is something it isn't. The gesture is well documented as to why it was introduced and adopted by sports teams. Many quite rightly disagree with it, it’s a horrendous organisation.

The ''new meaning'' is far better, but the new meaning still has the old symbology which is still an active BLM symbol. If there was a genuine desire to push for equality then they wouldn't use a politically affiliated gesture.

It is just like the flag waver saying ''I am waving this flag because it means ‘hope’ to me''. What it means to him is irrelevant, right? Others don't connect it with 'hope', hence why there was opposition against it yesterday.

I don't agree it is no longer associated with BLM, so can't answer your question. I think it is very much still associated with BLM, whether that be meaning or simply a visual link.

Hence why people are continuing to boo it, and no doubt will do so for as long as it goes on for in all probability.

But we have spoken about this for two years now and we never get anywhere. We will never agree.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 20:42]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:47 - Nov 21 with 1616 viewsDr_Parnassus

Black footballer Lyle Taylor explaining why he won’t take the knee as he does not support BLM.

So why is he allowed this privilege, yet if someone is white and has the same view point then they must be racist?

To me that sounds like racism in itself.

Judging someone’s words on the colour of the skin, that’s the opposite of what Luther King said wasn’t it?

The truth is, opposing a politically driven movement has nothing to do with race. It has to do with politics.

Hence why anyone genuinely trying to further the conversation would never take the knee, they wouldn’t want to even be in the conversation to be mistaken for aligning with them. However if they do, and get some opposition to it, they can make up the reason for the opposition and feel like an activist.

Of course a less politically linked gesture wouldn’t get the backlash. Wouldn’t get the opposition. Would get everyone just agreeing… and that’s just boring right?

That’s the situation. One big panto. Zero to do with race on either side.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 9:59]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:48 - Nov 21 with 1617 viewsowainglyndwr

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 00:15 - Nov 21 by 1983

They didn't suddenly appear they were there all game.
3 large flags today 2 Union Jacks with Swansea City on them and 1 Northern Ireland flag with Swansea Loyalists on the other.

There would be enough to say if a IRA or FWA flag appeared
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:11 - Nov 21 with 1575 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:19 - Nov 21 with 1550 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:11 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

That’s an excellent tweet and goes to show that the people flying certain flags are often not doing so for the same reason as it is being opposed. They probably mean different things to the flyer and the opposer.

It goes to show that what means something to one person will mean a completely different thing to someone else.

Which is why I say that judging someone on the fact they oppose something, without knowing why they are opposing it, is extremely, extremely wrong.

Making that judgement based on their skin colour too, is even more abhorrent.

Unfortunately I would say white people are judged on their views far more than any other race, regardless of explanation. That’s racism, there is no other definition.

People’s explanations matter.

More talking. More understanding. Less nuclear reactions. Less assumptions.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 10:21]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 1525 viewstrampie

Anybody But England.

Wales and Welsh teams traditional sporting rivals have been England and English teams, why is the English flag in the home end, why is the Union flag synonymous with England in sport in the home end, why are Northern Ireland flags synonymous with England in the home end, what is going on ?

The sentiment in years gone by in sport in Wales (same as Scotland) amongst many fans was ABE (Anyone But England), people wanting foreign teams to beat England in sport, now we have flags of St George, union jacks, red hands in the home end in Swansea, my giddy aunt, strange or what.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:47 - Nov 21 with 1502 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:33 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

There is no counter, its a correction. You don't have to be a certain color to make obvious observations.

No life matters over any other, all races face their challenges and prejudices. All of them, white included.

I am all for every life mattering and always will be, and I would take extreme exception to you calling me a racist for valuing all life equally.

You aren't in a position to say that it’s a cop out, because you are then stating you have the right to tell someone what their intentions are, something you advocate against. On one hand you argue that it doesn't matter what the actions of the players kneeling is, its why they are doing it that counts and we have to take them at their word and agree with their interpretation.

On the other hand anyone who disagrees and tells you why, you disbelieve them and make up your own conclusions why they are doing it based on no evidence at all. You can't hold both opinions at the same time, they contradict eachother.

We either believe people regarding their intentions or we don't?

I didn't say the people booing feel edgy doing it? Not sure where the agreeing is coming from there? They have every right to vocally oppose what they see as a political gesture, just as much right as those that do the knee - but its quite disingenuous to state only one side is allowed to express their reasoning for doing so while the others are disbelieved.

Nobody is pretending the gesture is something it isn't. The gesture is well documented as to why it was introduced and adopted by sports teams. Many quite rightly disagree with it, it’s a horrendous organisation.

The ''new meaning'' is far better, but the new meaning still has the old symbology which is still an active BLM symbol. If there was a genuine desire to push for equality then they wouldn't use a politically affiliated gesture.

It is just like the flag waver saying ''I am waving this flag because it means ‘hope’ to me''. What it means to him is irrelevant, right? Others don't connect it with 'hope', hence why there was opposition against it yesterday.

I don't agree it is no longer associated with BLM, so can't answer your question. I think it is very much still associated with BLM, whether that be meaning or simply a visual link.

Hence why people are continuing to boo it, and no doubt will do so for as long as it goes on for in all probability.

But we have spoken about this for two years now and we never get anywhere. We will never agree.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 20:42]

Yea no point going round and round, you and Lyle Taylor and others can associate the movement with the American based pressure group if you want.

I'll take our player's word's at face value as to why they want to do it.

Fact is the communist takeover hasn't happened, nor has any extreme pressure group named 'Black Lives matter' gained any traction and media now basically don't not mention the 3 word slogan. Yet the boos remain.... So what are they booing against now exactly?

But I'll leave it at that.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:55 - Nov 21 with 1483 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:47 - Nov 21 by Chief

Yea no point going round and round, you and Lyle Taylor and others can associate the movement with the American based pressure group if you want.

I'll take our player's word's at face value as to why they want to do it.

Fact is the communist takeover hasn't happened, nor has any extreme pressure group named 'Black Lives matter' gained any traction and media now basically don't not mention the 3 word slogan. Yet the boos remain.... So what are they booing against now exactly?

But I'll leave it at that.

It’s not just us though, it’s a globally recognised thing. It’s only a very small fringe that seem to be claiming to have changed the meaning.

But if you take Swansea players on face value for the explanations they give then you have to take Swansea fans explanations as face value as why they are opposing it. It’s not fair to have a double standard there.

Nothing to do with there being a communist takeover. There hasn’t been a Nazi takeover but you wouldn’t get me making any salutes to any affiliated movement.

It’s about what they represent and the politics they push, such as defunding the police. That movement has already gained traction to disastrous consequence.

Ask the people of Seattle.

This was as a direct consequence of the politics BLM push. It costs lives.

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/editorials/defunding-police-recklessly-make

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:10 - Nov 21 with 1436 viewsRonaldStump

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:20 - Nov 21 by Chief

Absolute rubbish. If you have to put a colour infront of "live's matter" then i'm sorry but it is you that is the racist .

(He She Him)

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:11 - Nov 21 with 1445 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:19 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s an excellent tweet and goes to show that the people flying certain flags are often not doing so for the same reason as it is being opposed. They probably mean different things to the flyer and the opposer.

It goes to show that what means something to one person will mean a completely different thing to someone else.

Which is why I say that judging someone on the fact they oppose something, without knowing why they are opposing it, is extremely, extremely wrong.

Making that judgement based on their skin colour too, is even more abhorrent.

Unfortunately I would say white people are judged on their views far more than any other race, regardless of explanation. That’s racism, there is no other definition.

People’s explanations matter.

More talking. More understanding. Less nuclear reactions. Less assumptions.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 10:21]

It's an excellent tweet because it takes away the excuse of some that these 'are only union jacks' (or Union jacks with purely Swans based writing or logo on them).

Well often they aren't (although the one at the game yesterday I believe just said Swansea City on it) like the one that was present v the scum which had political slogans on it.

Whats being partially missed here is that the union jacks by this group of lads whether sloganised or not is always accompanied with a flag relating to loyalist sectarianism in northern Ireland.

Plain UJs or ones with swans badges despite the evident opposition to them from a lot of the fans will need to be tolerated (nor matter how much ammunition it gives the Scum).

Any with sectarian slogans or northern Irish slogans need to be removed as soon as possible.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:19 - Nov 21 with 1426 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:11 - Nov 21 by Chief

It's an excellent tweet because it takes away the excuse of some that these 'are only union jacks' (or Union jacks with purely Swans based writing or logo on them).

Well often they aren't (although the one at the game yesterday I believe just said Swansea City on it) like the one that was present v the scum which had political slogans on it.

Whats being partially missed here is that the union jacks by this group of lads whether sloganised or not is always accompanied with a flag relating to loyalist sectarianism in northern Ireland.

Plain UJs or ones with swans badges despite the evident opposition to them from a lot of the fans will need to be tolerated (nor matter how much ammunition it gives the Scum).

Any with sectarian slogans or northern Irish slogans need to be removed as soon as possible.

But what if the people flying those flags say that they aren’t flying them for political reasons and they have changed the meaning of it?

What you and others see it as becomes irrelevant then, doesn’t it?

Hence the can of worms being opened by adopting a politically affiliated symbol and claiming it means something different to what the rest of the world recognises it as.

To many, the meaning won’t change, regardless of what the intention is. Hence the opposition.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 11:28]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:39 - Nov 21 with 1397 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:19 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

But what if the people flying those flags say that they aren’t flying them for political reasons and they have changed the meaning of it?

What you and others see it as becomes irrelevant then, doesn’t it?

Hence the can of worms being opened by adopting a politically affiliated symbol and claiming it means something different to what the rest of the world recognises it as.

To many, the meaning won’t change, regardless of what the intention is. Hence the opposition.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 11:28]

I don't know why you're trying to find an out for them, playing devils advocate I don't know,

But both sides of the divide know what 'Swansea Loyal' emblazoned on a Northern Irish / orange flag of Ulster means. It's support for one side of sectarianism. Why is anyone trying to pretend otherwise?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:44 - Nov 21 with 1387 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Re: the racist abuse at the Cardiff game, by my reckoning the only black players on the pitch were Laird and Naughton. Were these the targets of the racist shouts? This sort of thing is always completely unacceptable but it’s even more shocking if these idiots are targeting our own players.

Edit: forgot Bacuna.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 12:04]
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:54 - Nov 21 with 1373 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:37 - Nov 21 by Chief

Yes it's the stock answer. "Should keep politics out of Football". Never once seen or heard anyone actually have the balls to admit their racism. Although some come close to with "all lives matter" mantra.

I will note though that you never hear the words "black lives matter" anymore, it's been totally phased out and none of our players do the fist anymore. So there's no association to any quasi - political entity anymore and yet it still gets booed by some.

I mostly agree chief apart from all lives do matter and that's not anywhere near racism from my point of view because ALL racism is wrong. Black lives matter but not any more than Asian, Oriental or white lives, equally as much but not more.

There are people opposed o taking the knee, there were some on here dead sure that when we returned to the stadium it would get booed out but while there have been small pockets of dissent I have heard a lot of clapping in support of taking the knee.

If the players are deciding themselves to take the knee to show support for the fight against racism then why does anyone moan? Some people don't like it but nobody is forcing them to join in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:02 - Nov 21 with 1344 viewsDr_Parnassus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:39 - Nov 21 by Chief

I don't know why you're trying to find an out for them, playing devils advocate I don't know,

But both sides of the divide know what 'Swansea Loyal' emblazoned on a Northern Irish / orange flag of Ulster means. It's support for one side of sectarianism. Why is anyone trying to pretend otherwise?

I’m not finding an “out” for anyone, I have no affiliation with any Irish politics. I couldn’t care less about it.

I am showing the double standards that we only believe those doing the gesture/waving the flag if it suits.

This conversation is exactly the same now but in reverse. Surely you see that?

If they turn around and say they don’t see the flag as that and have changed the meaning to mean “inclusivity” - by the standards set by the knee. You would have to accept that, and even applaud it?

But you wouldn’t of course because that flag holds a different meaning to you, regardless of what the flag wavers intentions are. Now imagine being called a racist for being against that clearly divisive political flag.

It’s the same.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 12:15]

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:03 - Nov 21 with 1350 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:25 - Nov 21 by trampie

Some football teams fanbases (across the World) do have associations with certain political stances, the story with Swansea is it was a Welsh club with Welsh sentiments but now there is this infiltration of union jacks which is in football terms association with England who are Wales sporting rivals, also there is this Northern Ireland loyalist thing which has nothing to do with Swansea, i know the World is changing and demographics of areas and people change but I find it shocking how Swansea (a one time Welsh team) is getting taken over by English and Northern Irish loyalist types.

That just sounds like anti English nonsense to me. I don't remember people complaining when Ki played for us and we had Koreans coming to watch us.

The flag of St George is more associated with right wingers, racism, the Unin Jack represents all of the UK you just won't accept that.

England are Wales sporting rivals but not Swansea City's sporting rivals, other clubs are our rivals, not countries.

Swansea are still a Welsh team but we have people who are not Welsh supporting us and some people seem to hate that when it's English people. I have English friends who support us, why is that a problem for some. Look at the Premier league, do they complain if Welsh people support Man United or City, Liverpool or Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea? No they welcome all fans because money is money and it doesn't discriminate unlike racists and xenophobes.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:07 - Nov 21 with 1342 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:54 - Nov 21 by Catullus

I mostly agree chief apart from all lives do matter and that's not anywhere near racism from my point of view because ALL racism is wrong. Black lives matter but not any more than Asian, Oriental or white lives, equally as much but not more.

There are people opposed o taking the knee, there were some on here dead sure that when we returned to the stadium it would get booed out but while there have been small pockets of dissent I have heard a lot of clapping in support of taking the knee.

If the players are deciding themselves to take the knee to show support for the fight against racism then why does anyone moan? Some people don't like it but nobody is forcing them to join in.

I don’t agree with this kneeling nonsense at all, it should be kept out of sport altogether along with any of these pointless token gestures that won’t change anything. But I respect their right to do it so just observe it silently. I would never boo it and don’t see a need to clap it either.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:15 - Nov 21 with 1327 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:54 - Nov 21 by Catullus

I agree with your first paragraph but when 'All lives matter' is said in the same sentence as opposition to the knee. I'm sorry that's another cop out. We all know white lives matter. That's blatently obvious. We don't need nor deserve gestures.

Totally agree with your final paragraph. That's the crux.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:18 - Nov 21 with 1318 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:02 - Nov 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not finding an “out” for anyone, I have no affiliation with any Irish politics. I couldn’t care less about it.

I am showing the double standards that we only believe those doing the gesture/waving the flag if it suits.

This conversation is exactly the same now but in reverse. Surely you see that?

If they turn around and say they don’t see the flag as that and have changed the meaning to mean “inclusivity” - by the standards set by the knee. You would have to accept that, and even applaud it?

But you wouldn’t of course because that flag holds a different meaning to you, regardless of what the flag wavers intentions are. Now imagine being called a racist for being against that clearly divisive political flag.

It’s the same.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 12:15]

But we know what it's meaning to the people bringing the flags - support for one side of the sectarian divide. They aren't shy about it, they're explicitly saying it.

There's also now an element that it's being done to get a reaction from fellow swans fans which is ridiculous.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:20 - Nov 21 with 1314 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:03 - Nov 21 by Catullus

That just sounds like anti English nonsense to me. I don't remember people complaining when Ki played for us and we had Koreans coming to watch us.

The flag of St George is more associated with right wingers, racism, the Unin Jack represents all of the UK you just won't accept that.

England are Wales sporting rivals but not Swansea City's sporting rivals, other clubs are our rivals, not countries.

Swansea are still a Welsh team but we have people who are not Welsh supporting us and some people seem to hate that when it's English people. I have English friends who support us, why is that a problem for some. Look at the Premier league, do they complain if Welsh people support Man United or City, Liverpool or Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea? No they welcome all fans because money is money and it doesn't discriminate unlike racists and xenophobes.

That post would be fine if the flags were say English or UJs with the town of their origin on like say : "Bristol Jacks' etc.

Don't make any mistake on this, these are Welsh born local fans furthering a political agenda looking to goad other fans.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:26 - Nov 21 with 1297 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:34 - Nov 21 by trampie

Anybody But England.

Wales and Welsh teams traditional sporting rivals have been England and English teams, why is the English flag in the home end, why is the Union flag synonymous with England in sport in the home end, why are Northern Ireland flags synonymous with England in the home end, what is going on ?

The sentiment in years gone by in sport in Wales (same as Scotland) amongst many fans was ABE (Anyone But England), people wanting foreign teams to beat England in sport, now we have flags of St George, union jacks, red hands in the home end in Swansea, my giddy aunt, strange or what.

That is just more anti English speak. The Union jack is synonymous with the UK. The Northern Irish flag represents Northern Ireland, if the red hand it represents loyalists to the UK, not to England.

Wales rivals are every other international sporting team they will play, England are considered a derby match as our nearest oppo.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:27 - Nov 21 with 1296 viewsbennytheblue

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:27 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Keep us updated 👍

Some dicks bedroom floor, you won’t see that flag up at the ground, it wouldn’t last long anyway.
It gets dealt with, just like the racists do. The lads from the docks used to find them and just stand around such clowns in the old days at NP, I can’t speak for now as most dont go anymore. They wouldn’t do it again I tell you that much.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:30 - Nov 21 with 1292 viewsbennytheblue

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:27 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Keep us updated 👍

Btw I dont doubt they don’t exist here, I’ve had the misfortune to bump into a big group of the c unts about 20 years ago in the pub by the station, most were passing through and hailed from maesteg of all places. Loyal is very quiet on this subject, wasn’t his flag was it? 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024