Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What real heroism looks like. 14:20 - Feb 25 with 5230 viewsLohengrin

You see the term bandied about wildly out of context in the world of sport, but if you want to see what it truly is look no further than the valiant defenders of Zmiinyi (snake) Island.

Heroes of an Eastern Thermopylae.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-soldiers-snake-island-ru

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What real heroism looks like. on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 1500 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

What real heroism looks like. on 16:13 - Feb 26 with 1491 viewsPolskijack

What real heroism looks like. on 15:58 - Feb 26 by Gwyn737

I hope your Polish friends are incredibly proud of the way their country has responded to the crisis.

They blummin’ well should be 👍

Yes the response has been amazing. Estimates vary but conservatively 4-5 million eventually, more than 10% of Poland's population and all are welcome. So many people are driving to the border to pick up those with no where to go and giving them shelter, food and hope. We have a big house and will be offering the same.
What real heroism looks like. on 16:23 - Feb 26 with 1469 viewsSirjohnalot

What real heroism looks like. on 16:13 - Feb 26 by Polskijack

Yes the response has been amazing. Estimates vary but conservatively 4-5 million eventually, more than 10% of Poland's population and all are welcome. So many people are driving to the border to pick up those with no where to go and giving them shelter, food and hope. We have a big house and will be offering the same.

Wonderful person, wonderful people. Much love to our Polish cousins
What real heroism looks like. on 16:29 - Feb 26 with 1460 viewsTreforys_Jack

What real heroism looks like. on 16:23 - Feb 26 by Sirjohnalot

Wonderful person, wonderful people. Much love to our Polish cousins

The Poles know what its like to be persecuted, had a torrid time historically. Never met a Pole who wasn't a hard worker and big hearted.
What real heroism looks like. on 16:43 - Feb 26 with 1443 viewsDr_Winston

What real heroism looks like. on 16:29 - Feb 26 by Treforys_Jack

The Poles know what its like to be persecuted, had a torrid time historically. Never met a Pole who wasn't a hard worker and big hearted.

Same.

Poles, Lithuanians and Romanians mostly. Not sure why Estonians, Czech/Slovak or Latvians tend not to come to the UK, or at least not to Swansea.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What real heroism looks like. on 18:31 - Feb 26 with 1390 viewsPolskijack

What real heroism looks like. on 16:13 - Feb 26 by Polskijack

Just been announced Ukrainian passport holders have free travel on all Polish railways. I'm no lover of the Polish government but they have been amazing so far, as have the Polish people. Need to persuade the fkng Germans to agree to stop importing Russian energy as this is funding the illegal and barbaric war.
What real heroism looks like. on 18:50 - Feb 26 with 1376 viewsWingstandwood

https://theweek.com/russo-ukrainian-war/1010662/germany-finally-agrees-to-send-w

Germany has woken up? 1,000 anti tank weapons and 500 anti aircraft stingers on their way. If this ends up as an insurgency it will involve an insurgency that is armed to the teeth with thousands of these weapons. A no win war for Russia in a fight against a fanatical patriotic population.

Argus!

What real heroism looks like. on 18:55 - Feb 26 with 1368 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

What real heroism looks like. on 18:50 - Feb 26 by Wingstandwood

https://theweek.com/russo-ukrainian-war/1010662/germany-finally-agrees-to-send-w

Germany has woken up? 1,000 anti tank weapons and 500 anti aircraft stingers on their way. If this ends up as an insurgency it will involve an insurgency that is armed to the teeth with thousands of these weapons. A no win war for Russia in a fight against a fanatical patriotic population.

It seems so unlikely at the moment but it would be amazing if the Russians got kicked out with their tails between their legs.
Login to get fewer ads

What real heroism looks like. on 19:05 - Feb 26 with 1347 viewsWingstandwood

What real heroism looks like. on 18:55 - Feb 26 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

It seems so unlikely at the moment but it would be amazing if the Russians got kicked out with their tails between their legs.

It'll be hell for the Russians and something I hope will bring an end to Putin. This is a humdinger news item.

Argus!

What real heroism looks like. on 19:22 - Feb 26 with 1334 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What real heroism looks like. on 18:50 - Feb 26 by Wingstandwood

A remarkable change for Germany.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

What real heroism looks like. on 19:24 - Feb 26 with 1331 viewsCatullus

What real heroism looks like. on 19:05 - Feb 26 by Wingstandwood

It'll be hell for the Russians and something I hope will bring an end to Putin. This is a humdinger news item.

I have seen some stories today. Russian troops apparently not realising they were sent to Ukraine to shoot at people, incredible if true. Then the stories of the Kyiv Ghost and the Ukraine Reaper, an airforce pilot and a sniper who are fast becoming legends. if the stories are just propaganda though, they could be highly effective as Ukrainians surge to sign up and defend their homes.

Now we just need Bojo to offer more help to refugees.

On the subject of Poland, the Polish parents I knew from our sons school were all good people and we made a few really good friends. Given Polands history with Russia, it's hardly surprising they are helping so much. Katyn is not forgotten.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What real heroism looks like. on 08:35 - Mar 1 with 1252 viewsBest_loser

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/snake-island-ukraine-soldiers-russian-warship-go-
What real heroism looks like. on 09:48 - Mar 1 with 1215 viewstrampie

I'm glad they are alive (apparently).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What real heroism looks like. on 13:24 - Apr 6 with 1111 viewsAjack_Kerouac

We are all aware that this story was false, propaganda, now aren't we?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

What real heroism looks like. on 16:45 - Apr 6 with 1072 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 13:24 - Apr 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

We are all aware that this story was false, propaganda, now aren't we?

What part?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What real heroism looks like. on 16:52 - Apr 6 with 1062 viewsKilkennyjack

What real heroism looks like. on 20:55 - Feb 25 by Sirjohnalot

klitschko brothers are too. Incredible people.

100 per cent agree.

Beware of the Risen People

What real heroism looks like. on 21:06 - Apr 6 with 1036 viewsAjack_Kerouac

What real heroism looks like. on 16:45 - Apr 6 by Boundy

What part?

The Ukrainian government claimed they refused to surrender and died heroically...
but in actual fact they did surrender and are all alive.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

What real heroism looks like. on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 1021 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 21:06 - Apr 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

The Ukrainian government claimed they refused to surrender and died heroically...
but in actual fact they did surrender and are all alive.

Based on the information available at the time and after comms were lost , shortly later it was Ukraine who announced they were alive so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

What real heroism looks like. on 21:39 - Apr 6 with 1019 viewsAjack_Kerouac

What real heroism looks like. on 21:32 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Based on the information available at the time and after comms were lost , shortly later it was Ukraine who announced they were alive so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

The point i'm making is that none of us have a scooby what is going on in Ukraine. There is propaganda on both sides...and unless we can acknowledge the truth in instances where it emerges that we have been conned, then we are lost.

You can't make good decisions unless you have accurate info.
People should be keeping a cool head and not swallowing everything whole.

I have made as little comment as possible on info coming out of Ukraine, because I am aware that everybody involved will be issuing propaganda.
All I know for certain is that it can't be going well for Russia as they have bitten off more than they can chew and we are supplying the Ukrainians with superior weaponry.

What real heroism looks like. on 21:50 - Apr 6 with 1018 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 21:39 - Apr 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

The point i'm making is that none of us have a scooby what is going on in Ukraine. There is propaganda on both sides...and unless we can acknowledge the truth in instances where it emerges that we have been conned, then we are lost.

You can't make good decisions unless you have accurate info.
People should be keeping a cool head and not swallowing everything whole.

I have made as little comment as possible on info coming out of Ukraine, because I am aware that everybody involved will be issuing propaganda.
All I know for certain is that it can't be going well for Russia as they have bitten off more than they can chew and we are supplying the Ukrainians with superior weaponry.

A bit of a mixed message there in your post , you believe we don't know what the truth is coming out of Ukraine then you end your post by stating " All I know for certain is that it can't be going well for Russia as they have bitten off more than they can chew and we are supplying the Ukrainians with superior weaponry" so your information is coming from where exactly because you must think its factual to enable you to make that comment.

What real heroism looks like. on 22:07 - Apr 6 with 1010 viewsAjack_Kerouac

What real heroism looks like. on 21:50 - Apr 6 by Boundy

A bit of a mixed message there in your post , you believe we don't know what the truth is coming out of Ukraine then you end your post by stating " All I know for certain is that it can't be going well for Russia as they have bitten off more than they can chew and we are supplying the Ukrainians with superior weaponry" so your information is coming from where exactly because you must think its factual to enable you to make that comment.

I know that our weapons and those of the American military are superior to Russian weapons. I don't need the press to tell me that, I am from a military family.

I also know that Russia does not have the economy to sustain a military campaign that seeks to subdue a country of 45 million people which has had years to prepare, our military and the Americans, have been training Ukrainian military.

That is why Putin's decision to invade made no sense to me.

I do not pretend to know what is going on in Ukraine on the ground and I know we won't get it from the press.

What real heroism looks like. on 22:57 - Apr 6 with 983 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 22:07 - Apr 6 by Ajack_Kerouac

I know that our weapons and those of the American military are superior to Russian weapons. I don't need the press to tell me that, I am from a military family.

I also know that Russia does not have the economy to sustain a military campaign that seeks to subdue a country of 45 million people which has had years to prepare, our military and the Americans, have been training Ukrainian military.

That is why Putin's decision to invade made no sense to me.

I do not pretend to know what is going on in Ukraine on the ground and I know we won't get it from the press.

As long as the west keeps buying oil/ gas from Russia then Putin can afford to keep the war going ,man power is not an immediate problem but the loss of equipment & machinery is one 200.000 dollar missile destroying tanks worth 8 million dollar each , with Ukraine's claiming the destruction of 500 tanks that's a lot of money to recoup for replacements . The US's economy for example is 14 time greater than Russia, that's one country in an alliance of many , there fore as long as the west keeps supplying aid then Russia cannot win but the death and destruction its creating in the meantime will effectively have financial and social economic consequences for us all .There no doubt that the west military armoury is far superior to Russia's , never has been in doubt .

What real heroism looks like. on 11:55 - Apr 9 with 910 viewscontroversial_jack

What real heroism looks like. on 22:57 - Apr 6 by Boundy

As long as the west keeps buying oil/ gas from Russia then Putin can afford to keep the war going ,man power is not an immediate problem but the loss of equipment & machinery is one 200.000 dollar missile destroying tanks worth 8 million dollar each , with Ukraine's claiming the destruction of 500 tanks that's a lot of money to recoup for replacements . The US's economy for example is 14 time greater than Russia, that's one country in an alliance of many , there fore as long as the west keeps supplying aid then Russia cannot win but the death and destruction its creating in the meantime will effectively have financial and social economic consequences for us all .There no doubt that the west military armoury is far superior to Russia's , never has been in doubt .

What's the alternative for many countries to Russian gas. Expensive LNG from the US or Qatar? Only Russia can meet the demand and cost
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024