Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread 19:36 - Mar 14 with 19792 viewsHullDale

Too early for anything interviews / build up etc from the club, but a bit of a favour... I'm driving down to Orient for the first time on Saturday, but when I looked on their site it makes it sound like parking is impossible.

Anyone been before with any tips on where is good to park please? Don't fancy getting a fine for parking in a residential area.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2022 19:37]
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:38 - Mar 20 with 2814 viewsSuddenLad

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 12:12 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

And the Sheridan bounce at Latics seems to have stalled

If Orient's goal difference is anything to go by (+8) they might well be a team who've just suffered a poor run but are basically better than the table currently suggests. Of course, their change in fortune being helped by our ineptitude and if the reports on the spat between EOC & RS are anything to go by, perhaps an issue in the dressing room where leadership is concerned

If Downing were fit, i'd even be tempted to drop EOC for a couple of games. It's not quite as clear cut what he brings to the defence these days other than an 'attitude' and a good deal of the faffing about at the back stems through him. Yes, he occasionally takes the ball forward himself and he's good enough to do but his forward passing hasn't been great and as for much-needed leadership on the pitch... well, where is it?

It'd also send a signal to the rest of the squad that RS isn't going to stand for any nonsense. I'm sure people will disagree about EOC, and fair enough, but a back four of Clark Dorsett Downing Keohane would be worth a try. And make Ball captain

Summat needs to happen, and instead of interview statements, imo RS needs to make a visible statement on the pitch. Jeez, i'd even go with Clark Dorsett Taylor Keohane!

Good point about EOC and I'd be inclined to bench him when Downing is fit. He has developed a bad attitude towards teammates and staff.

He is clearly rattled by something and his captaincy doesn't have any effect. He's also 'talked himself' into a couple of yellow cards recently, which doesn't help.

I think he'll be off in the summer and I think that will probably suit all parties. I'd also agree that Ball seems to be an obvious choice to replace him, from the current crop.

There are a few others I would happily send on their way, who seem to be too often short of enthusiasm and commitment.

RS will know. They probably know. Let's get the season over with and reassess.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:45 - Mar 20 with 2783 viewsTVOS1907

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 08:22 - Mar 20 by HullDale

Possibly, and if that is the case its even more worrying.

One thing I forgot to mention last night, there was a point near the end of the first half where it looked like EOC & Stockdale were having a right argument. We had a throw in near the corner flag, and it looked like RS was telling EOC to go up for it rather than stay back... EOC was gesturing it was a long throw in (being taken by Dorsett) rather than a corner. They must've been at it for a good 30-45 seconds at least before EOC did his dismissive wave away with the hand, turned and walked away shaking his head... RS turned round and just shrugged at the bench.

Not sure what to read into it, but we had a conversation in the car yesterday about whether some of the senior players will now be (openly or in private) questioning Stockdale and thinking they know better. I've seen a couple of comments on twitter suggesting its a hangover from the old BBM / DB group, and not sure if that is the case or not. We know there have been challenges in the dressing room previously ('influential' players in the group vocally disagreeing with vaccination, for example)... if they might be questioning RS we have a real problem on our hands.

When did this incident happen? Exactly whereabouts on the pitch was it?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I've just no recollection of it whatsoever.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:50 - Mar 20 with 2742 viewsNorthernDale

Shan was not very popular at Solihull due to the performances and style of play, so he may be a factor, but at the end of the day, Stockdale should be selecting the team and deciding the tactics. As I have before, I will give RS until the early part of next season to see if he is up to the task.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:54 - Mar 20 with 2729 viewsHullDale

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:45 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

When did this incident happen? Exactly whereabouts on the pitch was it?

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I've just no recollection of it whatsoever.

At a guess around 35/40 mins, we had a throw near the corner flag on the side nearest the away end.

It was only by chance I saw it, as naturally everybody was looking down at where the action was (the people I was with didn't clock it until I pointed it out)... EOC was near the centre circle in our half at the time.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:56 - Mar 20 with 2714 viewskel

Not just yet, petal 😍

Ah, forgot to quote BDB
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 13:57]
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 14:01 - Mar 20 with 2694 viewsTVOS1907

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 13:54 - Mar 20 by HullDale

At a guess around 35/40 mins, we had a throw near the corner flag on the side nearest the away end.

It was only by chance I saw it, as naturally everybody was looking down at where the action was (the people I was with didn't clock it until I pointed it out)... EOC was near the centre circle in our half at the time.

Thanks

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 22:06 - Mar 20 with 2227 views49thseason

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 11:03 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

"10 or 12 points from 12 games will probably be enough"

I'm not sure about that. Only once in the last ten seasons has a team been relegated from League Two with more than 50 points - and that was Barnet nine years ago.

Only one other team has gone down with 50 points - Bristol Rovers in 2014.

While another 10-12 points would be very nice (although unlikely on current form), recent history suggests that many won't be needed.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 11:05]

Well, probably better to shoot for the stars and hit the moon than think 47 or 48 points might do the trick and crash without getting off the ground.

Stockdale has to convince his players that 52 or more is the target and that they need to battle, scrap and fight for every point, no giving up on tracking back, no backing out of tackles, no half - hearted heading duels. Just get the ball into their box and attack it as if your lives depend on it. If we pick up yellows so be it, no more Mr nice guys....no one remembers who won the fair play league!
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 22:15 - Mar 20 with 2201 viewsTVOS1907

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 22:06 - Mar 20 by 49thseason

Well, probably better to shoot for the stars and hit the moon than think 47 or 48 points might do the trick and crash without getting off the ground.

Stockdale has to convince his players that 52 or more is the target and that they need to battle, scrap and fight for every point, no giving up on tracking back, no backing out of tackles, no half - hearted heading duels. Just get the ball into their box and attack it as if your lives depend on it. If we pick up yellows so be it, no more Mr nice guys....no one remembers who won the fair play league!

That's very true.

Login to get fewer ads

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 23:54 - Mar 20 with 2100 viewsAtThePeake

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 08:57 - Mar 20 by NorthernDale

I am totally baffled why we can play extremely well against Salford and a few days later, play badly at Orient. Stockdale the senior players, may not understand his tactics or see him weak and so do what they want. We can only speculate of course, but as I and others have said, Stockdale plays the same formation and tactics week after week, and seems unable to change the system. Have we players who recognise they will be leaving the club in the summer and so are not playing to the best of their ability or is RS tactics stiffing them. I read an article an Saturday about Steven Gerald,who operated 3,4,3 the system when he took over at Villa and struggled to win, then went to a simple system of 4,4, 2 and won 3 out of 4 games under the new formation, this indicates tome that having two proper forwards upfront works.

Stockdale, like BBM and many modern coaches,that as come through the FA coaching system in recent years, they have a fixation about passing and possession football, it may look good in terms of statistics, but if you are not winning it is pointless.

Did we play extremely well versus Salford? I thought we played fairly well and probably should've won the game given Ball's chance, but we had less possession and fewer shots. We played better than we did against Carlisle, Port Vale, Sutton and Barrow but to say we played 'extremely well' is to set an extremely low bar.

As for Gerrard, he won 3 of his first 4 games after first taking over with the one up front too, tbf. Man City, the best team in the country, often play without 1 'proper' forward, never mind 2. There's no guarantee that going 2 up front works, as showcased by the first-half at Scunthorpe which might just have been our worst half of the season among a fair bit of competition.

Tangled up in blue.

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 08:26 - Mar 21 with 1971 viewsJames1980

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 08:22 - Mar 20 by HullDale

Possibly, and if that is the case its even more worrying.

One thing I forgot to mention last night, there was a point near the end of the first half where it looked like EOC & Stockdale were having a right argument. We had a throw in near the corner flag, and it looked like RS was telling EOC to go up for it rather than stay back... EOC was gesturing it was a long throw in (being taken by Dorsett) rather than a corner. They must've been at it for a good 30-45 seconds at least before EOC did his dismissive wave away with the hand, turned and walked away shaking his head... RS turned round and just shrugged at the bench.

Not sure what to read into it, but we had a conversation in the car yesterday about whether some of the senior players will now be (openly or in private) questioning Stockdale and thinking they know better. I've seen a couple of comments on twitter suggesting its a hangover from the old BBM / DB group, and not sure if that is the case or not. We know there have been challenges in the dressing room previously ('influential' players in the group vocally disagreeing with vaccination, for example)... if they might be questioning RS we have a real problem on our hands.

As this was just before half time, maybe this contributed to a difficult atmosphere in the dressing room during the break. On the flip side Orient's dressing room would've been buoyed due to the 30 odd yard screamer to equalise and the fact that inspite of us dominating the game we had only scored one goal.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 09:43 - Mar 21 with 1883 viewsBucketBstard

All getting to shakey down the bottom.
RS needs to have other ideas , but if the players are not on board then not much he can do.
I notice nobody pointed out Dorsett on Saturday, back to being S""TE .
Our defence is woeful. McNumpty should of gone 2 seasons ago, EOC is not as good as people make out and now seems to be a liability with his awful attitude. He certainly isnt a leader. Other players brought in are a joke , such as Graham etc,
I'm now becoming concerned about Charman , is it 9 or 10 weeks now , and no show. That is not good enough. We were all impressed with his Youtube highlights , but we forgot that it was against other pub team defenders and L2 defenders are not as giving ( apart from us) as he is used to dealing with!
I think RS should go out Tuesday with a bold statement ( not interview, I agree with most , lets just have a post match one) , on the pitch, change of formation and everyone up to show the fans that they do care and the do want to fight even for their own pride.
Come on RS we all need this! Biffos could string results together again, thankfully sCUNThorpe has a balloon in charge who lost the plot years ago, I think they are gone.
All the other teams below us or around us are capable of winning 4 or 5 games. We need that same mentality.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 09:47 - Mar 21 with 1868 viewsTVOS1907

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 09:43 - Mar 21 by BucketBstard

All getting to shakey down the bottom.
RS needs to have other ideas , but if the players are not on board then not much he can do.
I notice nobody pointed out Dorsett on Saturday, back to being S""TE .
Our defence is woeful. McNumpty should of gone 2 seasons ago, EOC is not as good as people make out and now seems to be a liability with his awful attitude. He certainly isnt a leader. Other players brought in are a joke , such as Graham etc,
I'm now becoming concerned about Charman , is it 9 or 10 weeks now , and no show. That is not good enough. We were all impressed with his Youtube highlights , but we forgot that it was against other pub team defenders and L2 defenders are not as giving ( apart from us) as he is used to dealing with!
I think RS should go out Tuesday with a bold statement ( not interview, I agree with most , lets just have a post match one) , on the pitch, change of formation and everyone up to show the fans that they do care and the do want to fight even for their own pride.
Come on RS we all need this! Biffos could string results together again, thankfully sCUNThorpe has a balloon in charge who lost the plot years ago, I think they are gone.
All the other teams below us or around us are capable of winning 4 or 5 games. We need that same mentality.

"All the other teams below us or around us are capable of winning 4 or 5 games. "

Based on what?

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 10:44 - Mar 21 with 1806 viewsgolfaduffy

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 09:47 - Mar 21 by TVOS1907

"All the other teams below us or around us are capable of winning 4 or 5 games. "

Based on what?

Apart from Scunny who I fear are doomed, Oldham have recently had a 6 game unbeaten run before losing their last 4, so they could do it again.
Colchester are currently one of the form teams in the bottom half, alongside Carlisle who would now appear almost safe after changing Managers.

Barrow are in slightly better form that us, and have just sacked their manager, so could see a bounce (or not; depending on why the previous Manager was sacked)

We just lost to Orient, who were below us. The O's are now unbeaten in 5 and now above us. After a good start, we made Orient look far the better team on Saturday, and their fans said they have been awful until changing Managers recently.

Stevenage ? We have to play them away soon and it looks like a huge game to me.. Evans will make them a much tougher team to play.

We also ave difficult games against Exeter (looking good for promotion) and Bristol Rovers (the form team in the division at the moment) before finishing off the season at Newport; a difficult place to go if you need a result as we all know.

I don't think they will win 4 or 5 games each, but for the reasons I've outlined, we can't afford any more of this one up front rubbish.

From my veiw we are in a real scrap for survival, and all the complacency is not going to help us.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 10:53 - Mar 21 with 1784 viewsHullDale

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 11:13 - Mar 21 with 1755 viewsTVOS1907

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 10:44 - Mar 21 by golfaduffy

Apart from Scunny who I fear are doomed, Oldham have recently had a 6 game unbeaten run before losing their last 4, so they could do it again.
Colchester are currently one of the form teams in the bottom half, alongside Carlisle who would now appear almost safe after changing Managers.

Barrow are in slightly better form that us, and have just sacked their manager, so could see a bounce (or not; depending on why the previous Manager was sacked)

We just lost to Orient, who were below us. The O's are now unbeaten in 5 and now above us. After a good start, we made Orient look far the better team on Saturday, and their fans said they have been awful until changing Managers recently.

Stevenage ? We have to play them away soon and it looks like a huge game to me.. Evans will make them a much tougher team to play.

We also ave difficult games against Exeter (looking good for promotion) and Bristol Rovers (the form team in the division at the moment) before finishing off the season at Newport; a difficult place to go if you need a result as we all know.

I don't think they will win 4 or 5 games each, but for the reasons I've outlined, we can't afford any more of this one up front rubbish.

From my veiw we are in a real scrap for survival, and all the complacency is not going to help us.

But none of that backs up Bucket's prediction (which, as usual, is just designed to demean his own team).

One of the reasons why we and all the other teams you mention are near to the bottom is because we AREN'T capable of winning 4/5 games each.

Oldham COULD do it again, but it's more than likely they won't.

You're right, we have some difficult games and need to get some points on the board quickly, but so do a lot of other teams.

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 1391 viewsShun

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 10:44 - Mar 21 by golfaduffy

As posted in the other thread:

Over the last 8 games Oldham, Scunthorpe, Barrow, Orient and Stevenage have all picked up less points than us. Colchester are level with us. There's only Carlisle of our rivals who are picking up points regularly.

I don’t know where this idea is coming from the the bottom teams are suddenly going to start hitting and, more importantly, maintaining for the rest of the season, promotion form.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 20:44 - Mar 21 with 1331 viewspioneer

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 21 by Shun

Over the last 8 games Oldham, Scunthorpe, Barrow, Orient and Stevenage have all picked up less points than us. Colchester are level with us. There's only Carlisle of our rivals who are picking up points regularly.

I don’t know where this idea is coming from the the bottom teams are suddenly going to start hitting and, more importantly, maintaining for the rest of the season, promotion form.

Oldhams remaining games are trickier than ours based on league positions of opponents as well.

Sure we cant rely on others losing more than we do….but lets not get too pessimistic.
Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 21:38 - Mar 21 with 1273 viewsSuddenLad

Colchester lose at home to Forest Green. Another game gone for them

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 09:30 - Mar 22 with 1086 viewsAtThePeake

Leyton Orient (A) Match Thread on 20:19 - Mar 21 by Shun

The general consensus seems to be that we haven't played all that well since Newport (H) in December.

We're actually further away from the relegation zone in terms of points than we were the morning of that game with less time to be caught.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024