Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 11:44 - Jul 20 with 14499 viewsNotLoyal

The friendly being treated as a friendly, but as a none friendly for getting ready for those away trips this season. So it is a friendly in a way but more of a travelling in a bus friendly before Rotherham which isn’t a friendly.

Streaming link, £6

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city-streaming-and-

Tickets can be purchased by card only on the day. They range from £10 downwards.

Did you know ? Charlton Athletic
Charlton is recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book as Cerletone. It is formed from Old English 'ceorl' and 'tūn' and means 'farmstead of the freemen or peasants'. It is a common English placename and the parish was also known as Charlton next Woolwich to distinguish it from Charlton by Dover. During the 19th century the riverside portion of the area became known as New Charlton.

They didn’t know ? Charlton Athletic
When Charlton was in Scotland it was famous for its restaurant ‘Bobby’s’ The kitchen used to serve real life sized marzipan and all the cutlery was made from cheese. When ‘Jackies’ opened up next door there was a fight between the two restaurants which ended up with Jackie moving to the Republic of Ireland and Bobby to Manchester where he is kept alive by being strapped to a horse each morning and gently analysed by a man called Alan.

Where to meet up ?
The Angerstein Hotel, Telephone: 0208 293 5695
The Angerstein Hotel has a large, comfortable bar with four TV screens showing all live matches of the day. We have a 21 room hotel above, at a reasonable price. Located between historical Greenwich and Charlton, we are a 10 minute walk from Charlton Athletic’s The Valley. Away pub recommended by the police.

Swans Team News
Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Lincoln Mcfayden, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58041/swansea-city-clinc

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:02 - Jul 23 with 1748 viewsNotLoyal

Game under way.

OK I've changed it.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Jul 23 with 1710 viewsNotLoyal

Defensive error, 1-0 Charlton, darling og.

OK I've changed it.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:06 - Jul 23 with 1647 viewsAndyCole

oh dear

charlton manager outplaying us at our own game - proper high press into our weak points

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 1672 viewsTenbySwan

Dear oh dear .
Three touches from our own goal kick and we pass the ball into our own net.
Third time to concede such a goal in pre season.

Fisher to Darling to player on edge of area, back to Darling, who passes it to Fisher who was asleep and ball goes into the net.
Dreadful
[Post edited 23 Jul 2022 15:15]
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:09 - Jul 23 with 1646 viewsNotLoyal

Dreadful challenge on Sorinola, should have been a red.

OK I've changed it.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Jul 23 with 1599 viewsaberhugh

Watching match can't get rid of icons on screen. Anybody help?
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:16 - Jul 23 with 1552 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Jul 23 by aberhugh

No sound for me

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Jul 23 with 1463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is awful.

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Jul 23 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Where’s Allen? Is he injured??

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:23 - Jul 23 with 1426 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Jul 23 by TenbySwan

Dear oh dear .
Three touches from our own goal kick and we pass the ball into our own net.
Third time to concede such a goal in pre season.

Fisher to Darling to player on edge of area, back to Darling, who passes it to Fisher who was asleep and ball goes into the net.
Dreadful
[Post edited 23 Jul 2022 15:15]

We must have some sort of record for goals conceded from our own goal kicks. It’s absolutely ludicrous how many we concede.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Jul 23 with 1373 viewsAndyCole

Our defence is weaker than when at it's leakiest last term.

Wood coping well though fair play

Charlton look like the championship team

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jul 23 with 1321 viewsTenbySwan

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Where’s Allen? Is he injured??

I think I read he wouldn't be ready until a month into the season.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jul 23 with 1317 viewsJohnw102

Be fair because of the upcoming World Cup RM has had a short preseason.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jul 23 with 1315 viewsaberhugh

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Jul 23 by aberhugh

Hurrah!! Icons gone I can now watch this dross with no interference.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Jul 23 with 1302 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Jul 23 by TenbySwan

I think I read he wouldn't be ready until a month into the season.

Really???

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Jul 23 with 1250 viewsheatwave

Pace is gonna kill us again this season. We haven't got any and we can't defend against it. We have possession they score the goals.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Jul 23 with 1205 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Was Oba offside? Can’t hear a thing

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Jul 23 with 1160 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes again doing nothing. Apart from putting Darling in trouble. A couple of opportunities to show off that much lauded left foot of his but nah just play a 2 yard square safe pass instead. Rubbish

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Jul 23 with 1149 viewscimlaswan

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Jul 23 by heatwave

Pace is gonna kill us again this season. We haven't got any and we can't defend against it. We have possession they score the goals.

Yep. This was obvious all last season and it STILL hasn't been addressed.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Jul 23 with 1137 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Jul 23 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Jul 23 by cimlaswan

Yep. This was obvious all last season and it STILL hasn't been addressed.

Is it pace or the languid walking pace we play the game under Martin?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:44 - Jul 23 with 1064 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it pace or the languid walking pace we play the game under Martin?

We just had a chance to get the burners on but two players decided to pass square back and forth each other. We’re making Charlton look like Leicester City ffs

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:44 - Jul 23 with 1057 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Jul 23 by theloneranger

Great finish in fairness.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Jul 23 with 1032 viewsraynor94

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Jul 23 by heatwave

Lati is getting screwed every game, a right back is a necessity

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Jul 23 with 1007 viewsnantywatcher

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Grimes again doing nothing. Apart from putting Darling in trouble. A couple of opportunities to show off that much lauded left foot of his but nah just play a 2 yard square safe pass instead. Rubbish

"Putting Darling into trouble." are you referring to the goal?? One pathetic own goal today and an even more pathetic penalty given away last week and its not Darling's shortcomings but all down to Matt Grimes - you could not make this rubbish up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024