Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 11:44 - Jul 20 with 14961 viewsNotLoyal

The friendly being treated as a friendly, but as a none friendly for getting ready for those away trips this season. So it is a friendly in a way but more of a travelling in a bus friendly before Rotherham which isn’t a friendly.

Streaming link, £6

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/charlton-athletic-v-swansea-city-streaming-and-

Tickets can be purchased by card only on the day. They range from £10 downwards.

Did you know ? Charlton Athletic
Charlton is recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book as Cerletone. It is formed from Old English 'ceorl' and 'tūn' and means 'farmstead of the freemen or peasants'. It is a common English placename and the parish was also known as Charlton next Woolwich to distinguish it from Charlton by Dover. During the 19th century the riverside portion of the area became known as New Charlton.

They didn’t know ? Charlton Athletic
When Charlton was in Scotland it was famous for its restaurant ‘Bobby’s’ The kitchen used to serve real life sized marzipan and all the cutlery was made from cheese. When ‘Jackies’ opened up next door there was a fight between the two restaurants which ended up with Jackie moving to the Republic of Ireland and Bobby to Manchester where he is kept alive by being strapped to a horse each morning and gently analysed by a man called Alan.

Where to meet up ?
The Angerstein Hotel, Telephone: 0208 293 5695
The Angerstein Hotel has a large, comfortable bar with four TV screens showing all live matches of the day. We have a 21 room hotel above, at a reasonable price. Located between historical Greenwich and Charlton, we are a 10 minute walk from Charlton Athletic’s The Valley. Away pub recommended by the police.

Swans Team News
Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Ollie Cooper, Lincoln Mcfayden, Cameron Congreve.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58041/swansea-city-clinc

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Jul 23 with 1609 viewsaberhugh

Wifey telling me 'We look all at sea' and 'I fear for us if we oly like this' and I can't tell her she doesn't know what she's talking about. FFS.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Jul 23 with 1603 viewsjasper_T

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Jul 23 by raynor94

Lati is getting screwed every game, a right back is a necessity

Naughton's getting put on toast on the other side as well. It's partly the system, we're asking the fullbacks to push up and narrow giving opposition wide players a head start.

Charlton playing really good possession stuff. They make the pitch wide with a winger and fullback on each touchline, really nice to watch and they create chances from it. If their centre forward wasn't tripping over his own feet they'd be in business.

Switch to the wingbacks at half time I expect. This just isn't working. Paterson lost as a wide man. Sorinola just doesn't look very good, one okay cross aside. Obafemi and Piroe quality players starved of ammunition.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Jul 23 with 1578 viewsonehunglow

I’m not watching this game but reading text .
It is exactly as last year.
Now,take it from there

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Jul 23 with 1518 viewsGwyn737

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

"Putting Darling into trouble." are you referring to the goal?? One pathetic own goal today and an even more pathetic penalty given away last week and its not Darling's shortcomings but all down to Matt Grimes - you could not make this rubbish up!

I’m not sure Grimes can be blamed for the goal.

What he can be blamed for is consistently slowing down our ball and generally adding nothing.

I don’t often make football posts as I don’t always feel qualified. I am confident however that Matt Grimes offers nothing.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Jul 23 with 1496 viewsraynor94

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Jul 23 by Gwyn737

What he can be blamed for is consistently slowing down our ball and generally adding nothing.

I don’t often make football posts as I don’t always feel qualified. I am confident however that Matt Grimes offers nothing.

Agree, he's been awful

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Jul 23 with 1477 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

"Putting Darling into trouble." are you referring to the goal?? One pathetic own goal today and an even more pathetic penalty given away last week and its not Darling's shortcomings but all down to Matt Grimes - you could not make this rubbish up!

Nothing to do with the goal. Just passing and putting him under pressure. Grimes is superb at this, he won’t take any responsibility at all on the field as a player let alone captain.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jul 23 with 1439 viewsonehunglow

My opinion is that because Grimes is seen as undroppable,we are where we are .
We so desperately need shot of him . He may well be a nice chap but he kills our team at birth.
It has to be said.

Downes was the one to replace him and no surprise a Premier League team are happy to buy him .Obviously they rate him higher than Grimes which is the opposite to our current coach.

The warning signs were there,they are still there .

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jul 23 with 1447 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trust your eyes, they’re definitely NOT deceiving you. It’s Nanty who’s not qualified to post on anything football related !

Login to get fewer ads

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Jul 23 with 1415 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is worse than I was expecting. A good team we have but Martin is sabotaging us. He’s got to go.

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Jul 23 with 1403 viewsshingle

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Where’s Allen? Is he injured??

Yep injured and approaching his mid thirties makes you wonder about the excitement his signing generated for many.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Jul 23 with 1379 viewsshingle

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Jul 23 by AndyCole

Our defence is weaker than when at it's leakiest last term.

Wood coping well though fair play

Charlton look like the championship team

More of a case of us looking like a division one team.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Jul 23 with 1376 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Jul 23 by shingle

Yep injured and approaching his mid thirties makes you wonder about the excitement his signing generated for many.

I’ve said it before - I didn’t think it was right to bring him back but looking at our central midfield he could just save our season

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Jul 23 with 1369 viewsOptimisticJack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Jul 23 by shingle

He's only 32!!

Optimisticjack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Jul 23 with 1357 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oba should have lifted that over the defender.

Piroe scores!!

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Jul 23 with 1325 viewsonehunglow

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Jul 23 by shingle

More of a case of us looking like a division one team.

We have conceded every game pre season no.?

Againgst lower league teams.
Rotherham got out of the third level and are at home next week.

Next Saturday will see us as we really are

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 1280 viewsThornburyswan

#nopiroenoparty!
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:14 - Jul 23 with 1234 viewsshingle

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:07 - Jul 23 by OptimisticJack

He's only 32!!

Yep so approaching his mid thirties.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Jul 23 with 1213 viewsnantywatcher

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Trust your eyes, they’re definitely NOT deceiving you. It’s Nanty who’s not qualified to post on anything football related !

I'm far more qualified than anyone else on here I can assure you.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Jul 23 with 1197 viewslifelong

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:10 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

We have conceded every game pre season no.?

Againgst lower league teams.
Rotherham got out of the third level and are at home next week.

Next Saturday will see us as we really are

You’re a bloody depressing bloke aye.
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Jul 23 with 1198 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:19 - Jul 23 with 1149 viewsNotLoyal

Sorry, I fell asleep.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Jul 23 with 1125 viewsJohnw102

KN26 still looking good be stuffed without him.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:23 - Jul 23 with 1096 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

Your opinions suggest the complete opposite. If you’ve played welsh league football for Nantymoel, Nantgarw or some other nant doesn’t mean you know Jack sh*t about anything.

Your assessment of Grimes is eye wateringly off the mark! He’s bloody awful!

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Jul 23 with 1062 viewsFireboy2

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:15 - Jul 23 by nantywatcher

Are you a championship manager?
Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:24 - Jul 23 with 1049 viewsonehunglow

Charlton Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:23 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Your opinions suggest the complete opposite. If you’ve played welsh league football for Nantymoel, Nantgarw or some other nant doesn’t mean you know Jack sh*t about anything.

Your assessment of Grimes is eye wateringly off the mark! He’s bloody awful!

It is possible Grimes could be a good player but he needs coaching .
He can and should be more effective

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024