Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries 20:48 - Oct 12 with 4904 viewsShotKneesHoop

Mystery deepens over Canaries Club Shop purchases charged to government credit card

By Noah Vickers, Local Democracy Reporter Eastern Daily Press

Published: 5:30 PM October 12, 2022

South West Norfolk MP Liz Truss has previously admitted to being a Canaries fan - A mystery over government spending at Norwich City Football Club’s online shop has deepened, as officials remain tight-lipped over their use of public money.

Questions had been raised last month by Labour MP Emily Thornberry over the Foreign Office spending some £1,841 at the Canaries’ online store over the last year.

The department’s purchases were made on two dates: £1,318 on October 21 last year and £523.50 on March 21 this year.

It is not known who requested the payments, but at the time in which they both were made, the department was led by South West Norfolk MP Liz Truss, who has spoken previously about being a City supporter.

Ms Thornberry, who serves as shadow attorney general, had written in a letter to foreign office minister Gillian Keegan, that it was difficult to understand why the department had spent money on items such as "high-end private catering; wellness and beauty treatments; extensive supplies from UK wineries; large amounts of home furnishing; and even £1,841 at the Norwich City club shop".

And in a formal parliamentary question following up on her letter, she asked the department whether the “normal assurance checks on the use of government procurement cards” had been followed.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 20:54]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 09:42 - Oct 13 with 928 viewsSheffieldHoop

I've got a blinding thread I'd like to start about a certain QPR fan organising fundraisers for a certain charity that is regularly in court over safeguarding concerns around children. But I don't because I suspect that's a thread Clive doesn't want on here.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 09:55 - Oct 13 with 881 viewshubble

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 08:58 - Oct 13 by izlingtonhoop

Her husband's name is O'Leary.

Do women who don't change their family name use Mrs? I genuinely don't know.

I, more often than not, these days at least, say Mrs Thatcher.

Well I never. Liz O'Leary. Or LOL as she's known to her mates.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 09:59 - Oct 13 with 881 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 21:54 - Oct 12 by colinallcars

I wonder why nobody calls her Mrs Truss. Thatcher was always known as Mrs Thatcher.

Move along….nothing to see here.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 10:01]
Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 10:09 - Oct 13 with 871 viewsShotKneesHoop

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 09:55 - Oct 13 by hubble

Well I never. Liz O'Leary. Or LOL as she's known to her mates.

Sod "Moving On Up" as her walking on theme tune at conferences, it should be the Des O'Connor single from the sixties "One, Two Three, O'Leary"

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Thick Lizzy reported for charging Canaries on 10:21 - Oct 13 with 835 viewsDannyPaddox

From a forthcoming Adam Curtis documentary:

That winter, while pensioners too scared or too poor to turn their heating on froze to death, Liz Truss attended a lavish Westminster Christmas party in a Norwich City onesie. A onesie payed for by public money.

And there was nothing anybody could do about it
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 10:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024