Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone 19:49 - Oct 26 with 2447 viewsTogg

'Panic on the streets of London ' as did the wordsmith of the Smiths Morrissey did sing. However once again the press are panicking if our new Prime Minister will honour this mandate as Lizzie said she would.
Now personally I'm still a few years off this and before I get there, I hope a few investments plus a state pension will see me okay. Judging by most of the posters on this site, the post punk, new wave eighties crowd are hurtling towards this also.
Basically fork with The Triple Lock and he will have cooked his and the Conservative Parties goose. Also the grey vote will be gone. Monty Python's Hell's Grannies will not be impressed.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 20:15 - Oct 26 with 2078 viewsbuilthjack

Surely they have to go with what they promised?
They can’t tell any more lies .

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 2042 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 20:15 - Oct 26 by builthjack

Surely they have to go with what they promised?
They can’t tell any more lies .

You are familiar with the Tory party right?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:04 - Oct 26 with 2030 viewsFlashberryjack

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 20:58 - Oct 26 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

You are familiar with the Tory party right?

Politicians don't lie, they just change their minds a lot.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:49 - Oct 26 with 1994 viewsKeithHaynes

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:04 - Oct 26 by Flashberryjack

Politicians don't lie, they just change their minds a lot.

My mrs should have been one then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 22:18 - Oct 26 with 1961 viewsmajorraglan

Read an article in the Daily Telegraph the other day suggesting the State Pension be means tested as it’s becoming unaffordable to the state. Successive governments have reduced the incentive for people to save in to a pension scheme while there are some who cant afford to make pension contributions. The workers at the place where Ive worked most of my life have had their pension terms changed several times - and not for the better!

I’m in my late 50’s and have paid National Insurance since I was 18, I’ve never claimed State benefits and I’d be mightily peeved if they stopped me having a pension while those who’ve made little r nothing in the way of contributions get a pension. I’ve no issue with looking after those who can’t work, but bailing out those who won’t work is a different proposition. I’d introduce work for the dole/ community service for the dole - no work no money!
I’d also have support networks in places for children to ensure the children of parents who should be but we’re refusing too received free school meals (breakfast, dinner and tea), school uniform etc so if their parents refused to work they wouldn't go hungry or miss out. Kids shouldn’t be punished on account of their parents.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2022 23:19]
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 22:44 - Oct 26 with 1936 viewsonehunglow

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 22:18 - Oct 26 by majorraglan

Read an article in the Daily Telegraph the other day suggesting the State Pension be means tested as it’s becoming unaffordable to the state. Successive governments have reduced the incentive for people to save in to a pension scheme while there are some who cant afford to make pension contributions. The workers at the place where Ive worked most of my life have had their pension terms changed several times - and not for the better!

I’m in my late 50’s and have paid National Insurance since I was 18, I’ve never claimed State benefits and I’d be mightily peeved if they stopped me having a pension while those who’ve made little r nothing in the way of contributions get a pension. I’ve no issue with looking after those who can’t work, but bailing out those who won’t work is a different proposition. I’d introduce work for the dole/ community service for the dole - no work no money!
I’d also have support networks in places for children to ensure the children of parents who should be but we’re refusing too received free school meals (breakfast, dinner and tea), school uniform etc so if their parents refused to work they wouldn't go hungry or miss out. Kids shouldn’t be punished on account of their parents.

Many choose not to work.
They live off the state

You provide their care home costs .

It ain’t fair

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:12 - Oct 27 with 1853 viewsjojaca

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 22:44 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Many choose not to work.
They live off the state

You provide their care home costs .

It ain’t fair

I don't have any ill feeling towards the people who choose not to work, they are just playing the system well. It would have made my blood boil years ago, but not now. To entice these people back to work the rewards have to be better, I bet if you sat down and done the math, it would probably make no sense to go to work.

When you get older you realize the system is rigged on all levels and workers on the lowest level are getting shafted the hardest. They are now struggling for basic needs and fruits of their labour is going further up the food chain with bosses on 10/100x their wage, the wealth distribution is shocking and how can society justify shop floor worker on £300 a week verses a footballer kicking a leather ball around on on £300,000 a week.

So I say good luck to those that are beating the benefit system, MP's been doing it on a much higher scale for years.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 9:14]

Even when you know, you never know?

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:32 - Oct 27 with 1839 viewscontroversial_jack

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:12 - Oct 27 by jojaca

I don't have any ill feeling towards the people who choose not to work, they are just playing the system well. It would have made my blood boil years ago, but not now. To entice these people back to work the rewards have to be better, I bet if you sat down and done the math, it would probably make no sense to go to work.

When you get older you realize the system is rigged on all levels and workers on the lowest level are getting shafted the hardest. They are now struggling for basic needs and fruits of their labour is going further up the food chain with bosses on 10/100x their wage, the wealth distribution is shocking and how can society justify shop floor worker on £300 a week verses a footballer kicking a leather ball around on on £300,000 a week.

So I say good luck to those that are beating the benefit system, MP's been doing it on a much higher scale for years.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2022 9:14]

Tax evasion costs the country much more
Login to get fewer ads

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:36 - Oct 27 with 1837 viewsYrAlarch

What about this Government's mandate, which they continually bang on about. Aren't they mandated to retain the triple lock, which was in their election manifesto.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:38 - Oct 27 with 1833 viewscontroversial_jack

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:36 - Oct 27 by YrAlarch

What about this Government's mandate, which they continually bang on about. Aren't they mandated to retain the triple lock, which was in their election manifesto.

It must be Drakefords fault.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:43 - Oct 27 with 1830 viewsYrAlarch

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:38 - Oct 27 by controversial_jack

Nah. He will be too busy arranging his trip to Qatar.
I don't suppose he will have a problem sorting out his visa.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 10:08 - Oct 27 with 1814 viewsraynor94

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 22:18 - Oct 26 by majorraglan

Make sure your employer is paying a full stamp, I worked at Tata (British Steel) for 42 years and only found out when I retired they hadn't.

Hence my pension is £40 a week less than the full Pension

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 14:38 - Oct 27 with 1734 viewsFlashberryjack

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 09:38 - Oct 27 by controversial_jack

It usually is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 14:50 - Oct 27 with 1725 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The pension funding gap was highlighted in the 70s, successive governments have taken a short term view to buy votes. Sooner rather than later the cost of state pensions and public sector pensions will hit the fan.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 18:22 - Oct 27 with 1676 viewsBoundy

I reach state pension age next year , having paid into the system since i was 15 and never claimed a penny off the state ( family allowance the exception) .Without my private pension we would struggle , the wife due to her birthday has to work an extra year ( by 10 days) . Private pensions are good but when I pass the wife won't have the full entitlement and only a small percentage of my state pension . in another life I could have been PM and had 115K pension for life , the more they have the more they get .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 1610 viewsCatullus

I'm 55 and I was very lucky when I got medically retired. Lucky because against the odds my health has improved and I'm back in full time employment, my wife works for the NHS and we both will have full entitlement to a state pension.

Assuming we are still together we won't be poor in retirement as long as the government doesn't rob us. We will be the lucky ones though, I reckon. My occupational pension is set for a big boost in April because it's linked to inflation in September.

On the OP, surely the tories collective gooses are already cooked? They are at a record low in the polls and Sunak has already made unpopular decisions like reinstating Braverman. The talk of austerity plus isn't helping.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:28 - Oct 27 with 1582 viewsmajorraglan

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 18:22 - Oct 27 by Boundy

I reach state pension age next year , having paid into the system since i was 15 and never claimed a penny off the state ( family allowance the exception) .Without my private pension we would struggle , the wife due to her birthday has to work an extra year ( by 10 days) . Private pensions are good but when I pass the wife won't have the full entitlement and only a small percentage of my state pension . in another life I could have been PM and had 115K pension for life , the more they have the more they get .

Have you got kids and did your wife take time off work to look after them? I read an article a few weeks ago about women of retirement age who’d stayed at home to bring the kids up being unfairly penalised in relation to pension payments. I can’t recall the ins and outs, but it was to do with not being credited “stamp payments.” It may be worth doing some research, the article suggested women could have been under paid by £80k.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:34 - Oct 27 with 1553 viewsCatullus

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:28 - Oct 27 by majorraglan

Have you got kids and did your wife take time off work to look after them? I read an article a few weeks ago about women of retirement age who’d stayed at home to bring the kids up being unfairly penalised in relation to pension payments. I can’t recall the ins and outs, but it was to do with not being credited “stamp payments.” It may be worth doing some research, the article suggested women could have been under paid by £80k.

That was a big story a few years back. When I was retired ( I was 44) and became full time carer for my son I got pension credits, 6 years worth.

it's definitely worth looking into. It was mostly women in their 60's and older who were affected I think

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 10:09 - Oct 28 with 1488 viewsTogg

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 21:18 - Oct 27 by Catullus

I'm 55 and I was very lucky when I got medically retired. Lucky because against the odds my health has improved and I'm back in full time employment, my wife works for the NHS and we both will have full entitlement to a state pension.

Assuming we are still together we won't be poor in retirement as long as the government doesn't rob us. We will be the lucky ones though, I reckon. My occupational pension is set for a big boost in April because it's linked to inflation in September.

On the OP, surely the tories collective gooses are already cooked? They are at a record low in the polls and Sunak has already made unpopular decisions like reinstating Braverman. The talk of austerity plus isn't helping.

Yes I would say their goose is definitely in the oven but if they pee off the grey vote, it will be well and truly burnt.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 12:34 - Oct 28 with 1449 viewskrunchykarrot

Cant see Rishi giving 10.1% It will cost to much i reckon we will be lucky to see 6%
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 15:11 - Oct 28 with 1403 viewsWhiterockin

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 12:34 - Oct 28 by krunchykarrot

Cant see Rishi giving 10.1% It will cost to much i reckon we will be lucky to see 6%

6% you say, I can see the pensioners going on strike.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 18:41 - Oct 28 with 1342 viewskrunchykarrot

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 15:11 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Lucky to get 6% they will backtrack again, it all depends on the energy price drop maintaining so the economists reckons, but who knows. So wd40 those zimmers folks
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1333 viewsWhiterockin

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 18:41 - Oct 28 by krunchykarrot

Lucky to get 6% they will backtrack again, it all depends on the energy price drop maintaining so the economists reckons, but who knows. So wd40 those zimmers folks

If they give 6% there will be a large payment through the back door, eg heating payment over and above the extra £300 or quite a few seats will be in danger on the south coast.
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 19:13 - Oct 28 with 1305 viewsTogg

Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 15:11 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

They'll be glueing themselves to the road...well the rich ones will
Hey Rishi..Leave the Triple Lock Alone on 19:18 - Oct 28 with 1299 viewsbritferry

They suspended the Triple Lock in 2021, basically cancelling it which broke their manifesto... who was the chancellor back then, oh yeah, I remember?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024