Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? 17:39 - Apr 5 with 3573 viewsSTID2017

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65191402
The much dreaded " Vote of confidence "
Oh dear ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 18:01 - Apr 5 with 2552 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s his third mind.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 18:14 - Apr 5 with 2528 viewsmax936

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 18:01 - Apr 5 by KeithHaynes

It’s his third mind.

Next 5 games Villa away, Utd at Home, Liverpool away, Brighton home, Brentford away.

Job centre awaits, although I'd fancy them for 3 pts at Liverpool, I think Crapdiff would get a point there at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 07:32 - Apr 6 with 2422 viewsSTID2017

If Forest go down after only one season, Cooper (even if he walks or is sacked before the end of the season) will hold the unwanted record of being the only Forest manager to oversee their promotion to and relegation from the top division in consecutive seasons

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 07:43 - Apr 6 with 2416 viewsGixerJack

He should have signed Jay when he had the chance
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:05 - Apr 6 with 2364 viewsDr_Parnassus

This was in response to the Talksport nonsense where they said he was about to get sacked.

The fans are ecstatic that the owner has come out and backed him, which of course he should given the calibre of manager they have.

Their forum is awash with relief (one even said he had tears of joy), others making King Cooper pictures. He’s loved.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:12 - Apr 6 with 2397 viewsBoundy

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:05 - Apr 6 by Dr_Parnassus

This was in response to the Talksport nonsense where they said he was about to get sacked.

The fans are ecstatic that the owner has come out and backed him, which of course he should given the calibre of manager they have.

Their forum is awash with relief (one even said he had tears of joy), others making King Cooper pictures. He’s loved.

Their forum as much as it may come as a surprise don't hold sway in the Board Room , the football world is full of much loved sacked managers .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:50 - Apr 6 with 2363 viewsWhiterockin

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:12 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Their forum as much as it may come as a surprise don't hold sway in the Board Room , the football world is full of much loved sacked managers .

Exactly. If boardrooms listened to forums would our manager still have a job.
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:59 - Apr 6 with 2305 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:12 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Of course fan opinion holds sway.

If a business doesn’t listen to its customers - then he wouldn’t be a very sound businessman.

Forest fans seem unanimously behind Cooper, ours seem very much split both on the forum and outside of it.

I have no doubt had the fan base been unanimous then he would be sacked by now. Instead I think possibly the summer will be his leaving party.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 9:03]

Login to get fewer ads

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 09:05 - Apr 6 with 2332 viewsBoundy

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:59 - Apr 6 by Dr_Parnassus

If a business doesn’t listen to its customers - then he wouldn’t be a very sound businessman.

Forest fans seem unanimously behind Cooper, ours seem very much split both on the forum and outside of it.

I have no doubt had the fan base been unanimous then he would be sacked by now. Instead I think possibly the summer will be his leaving party.

Ok , Personally I can't remember in my many years being asked by an Official of the Club what my opinion was of the current Manager , I'm guessing you have .

Nice edit by the way

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 09:18 - Apr 6 with 2268 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 09:05 - Apr 6 by Boundy

Ok , Personally I can't remember in my many years being asked by an Official of the Club what my opinion was of the current Manager , I'm guessing you have .

Nice edit by the way

Why was my edit “nice”? More an addition of a paragraph than an edit. You are being awfully silly of late.

You don’t have to be asked what your opinion is, they know the general consensus among the fan base. They aren’t stupid, contrary to what some would have you believe.

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 13:06 - Apr 6 with 2236 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bloody hell, are we still arguing over Cooper.
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 13:18 - Apr 6 with 2227 viewsonehunglow

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 08:59 - Apr 6 by Dr_Parnassus

Those that love Russ are not far short of fanatical

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:00 - Apr 6 with 2209 viewsKeithHaynes

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 13:06 - Apr 6 by Treforys_Jack

Bloody hell, are we still arguing over Cooper.

It’s a bit odd I agree.

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 2187 viewsKeithHaynes

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 13:18 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

I’m unsure about that, realistic, accepting, pragmatic, aware and possibly informed, but fanatical, surely not.

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:09 - Apr 6 with 2172 viewsWhiterockin

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:07 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

I’m unsure about that, realistic, accepting, pragmatic, aware and possibly informed, but fanatical, surely not.

I would say it's an acceptance of where we are currently with the owners.
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 2164 viewsFireboy2

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:09 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

This ^

We have fans who still think we deserve a place in the PL and kick off time and time again because we aren't challenging the play offs.

Unless we get someone who is happy in speculating a few million then this is where (i hope) we will stay for a while.
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:32 - Apr 6 with 2154 viewsReslovenSwan1

There are some real good teams struggling in this exulted company. There appears to be two groups with the bottom half 9 point adrift and all in trouble.

When I review Swansea's time the club did an exceptional job to stay there that long. Classifying Garry Monk as a failure is nonsense.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 15:47 - Apr 6 with 2103 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 14:09 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

You mean the owners who have spent more than any other owners previously at this level?

Hmmm

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 15:51 - Apr 6 with 2091 viewsDr_Parnassus

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 13:18 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

It’s become a cult.

They woke up a couple of weeks ago and resigned themselves to a change being needed. Very short term memories indeed.

We are back up to 15th, a position that wasn’t even good enough last season let alone this season - a season that we were supposed to be attacking after writing off a whole one previously.

The sooner the Martin cult is over the sooner the club can move forward. At the moment it’s wading in mud waist deep, going nowhere fast.

People still harking back and wishing Coopers failure shows just how far ambition has fallen under Russ. Cooper and the Cardiff games seem to be the most important things these days.

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 16:42 - Apr 6 with 2090 viewsvetchonian

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 15:51 - Apr 6 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s become a cult.

They woke up a couple of weeks ago and resigned themselves to a change being needed. Very short term memories indeed.

We are back up to 15th, a position that wasn’t even good enough last season let alone this season - a season that we were supposed to be attacking after writing off a whole one previously.

The sooner the Martin cult is over the sooner the club can move forward. At the moment it’s wading in mud waist deep, going nowhere fast.

People still harking back and wishing Coopers failure shows just how far ambition has fallen under Russ. Cooper and the Cardiff games seem to be the most important things these days.

Its called deflection....there are one or two on here who delight in raising Cooper....the discussions following help to deflect from our current managers failings...

Of course its all the fault of the owners,....despite being in his fourth season as a manager Martin has achieved zero.....interesting reading the article on his approach and philosphy.

He talks of not making changes yet his most successful runs in both seasons here come when he has moved away from "Martinball". Our second goal in Saturdays historic win was so untypical of his "desired" approach a long crossfield ball over the top.

He didnt need to refer to his usual post match pressers whihc have been his staple for his entire time as a manager using the same excuses 4 seasons on from his first few games in charge at MK Dons

ITs amazing yes we won Saturday and Inm always happy when we do yet we yet again conceded a lead but for once we got the late winner......all this against one of the worst Cardiff sides in along time. Yes I know form etc goes out of the window in local derbies but we still cant defend yet our ex defender of a manager still hasnt been able to sort our defence even though he stated when he arrived that was where he would begin his "revolution" to our play.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 16:45 - Apr 6 with 2085 viewsvetchonian

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 07:32 - Apr 6 by STID2017

If Forest go down after only one season, Cooper (even if he walks or is sacked before the end of the season) will hold the unwanted record of being the only Forest manager to oversee their promotion to and relegation from the top division in consecutive seasons

Whilst our current manager's only claim to fame is ?

Oh yes achieving the double double against the "mighty" Cardiff city

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 17:38 - Apr 6 with 2071 viewsmagicdaps10

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 16:45 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Now who's deflecting!? 🙈

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 21:59 - Apr 6 with 1944 viewsvetchonian

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 17:38 - Apr 6 by magicdaps10

Now who's deflecting!? 🙈

why because I'm putting the focus on our current managers failings.....cant understand why folk keep wanting to discuss the status of a manager who left us nearly two YEARS AGO.
Shouldn't the focus of debates be on our current manager..

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 22:11 - Apr 6 with 1935 viewsFireboy2

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 16:45 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Your hero didn't do it in his two seasons with us but Martin has done it in both his seasons though.
Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 22:28 - Apr 6 with 1928 viewsvetchonian

Kiss of Death for Cooper at Forest ? on 22:11 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

Your hero didn't do it in his two seasons with us but Martin has done it in both his seasons though.

Cooper is not any hero of mine...
So Martin has managed 4 wins and only just against a poor CCFC...if thqta all you care about as a Swans fan then it's sad

yes I love to beat them up the road worked In Cardiff for many years and in other parts of South WLes with fans of the sc#m....but i want more and settling for mid table mediocrity with our current squad is not that...but each to their own

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024