Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin 12:39 - Apr 23 with 4604 viewsOptimisticJack

Club need to offer him a new contract immediately.
After yesterday's game I'm sure Dehlia Smith would have had a word in his ear and laid the foundations for him to move there when they get rid of Wagner (which could be sooner rather than later).
Common knowledge she is a big admirer of Russ even before our masterclass yesterday.
As it stands now I guess we would have next to nothing in compensation if this were to happen.

Optimisticjack

Russell Martin on 12:42 - Apr 23 with 2823 viewsKeithHaynes

I think it’s important that before they do they keep thinking back to everything he has done from putting the kettle on when it was Alan’s turn and then assuming he was thinking something about something when it was only something he was thinking about.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin on 13:12 - Apr 23 with 2761 viewsWhiterockin

RM knows he has been very lucky here with the amount patience the board have shown him. I am sure he appreciates this and understands he may well not receive this elsewhere. Added to this I would imagine that he would like to see "the project" through as there is still a way to go.
Russell Martin on 13:17 - Apr 23 with 2763 viewsOptimisticJack

Fortune favours the brave.
Whilst we are at it sort out Latibeaudiere's contract.

Optimisticjack

Russell Martin on 13:25 - Apr 23 with 2745 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin on 13:12 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

RM knows he has been very lucky here with the amount patience the board have shown him. I am sure he appreciates this and understands he may well not receive this elsewhere. Added to this I would imagine that he would like to see "the project" through as there is still a way to go.

That’s what MK Dons fans thought!

I’m still sceptical to be perfectly honest but probably erring on the side of a 2 year extension maybe.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin on 13:40 - Apr 23 with 2724 viewsswancity

He’s a good young manager who is an ideal fit for our club in terms of the playing style and his persona which comes across superbly.

He’s a strong character with confidence in his philosophy whilst being able to understand that each game and opponent presents its own individual set of problems.

If the club can afford to speculate a little bit more, next season could well be our year although it’s going to be a tough gig with the likes of Southampton, Nottm Forest, Leeds or Leicester to contend with.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Russell Martin on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 2654 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russell Martin on 13:40 - Apr 23 by swancity

He’s a good young manager who is an ideal fit for our club in terms of the playing style and his persona which comes across superbly.

He’s a strong character with confidence in his philosophy whilst being able to understand that each game and opponent presents its own individual set of problems.

If the club can afford to speculate a little bit more, next season could well be our year although it’s going to be a tough gig with the likes of Southampton, Nottm Forest, Leeds or Leicester to contend with.

"his persona which comes across superbly. "
The persona that has had him blaming everybody and everything for his failings, you are so funny.

"whilst being able to understand that each game and opponent presents its own individual set of problems
Talk about deluded, along with fitting square pegs in round holes that has been one of his biggest failings.
Russell Martin on 14:56 - Apr 23 with 2588 viewsswancity

Russell Martin on 14:15 - Apr 23 by A_Fans_Dad

"his persona which comes across superbly. "
The persona that has had him blaming everybody and everything for his failings, you are so funny.

"whilst being able to understand that each game and opponent presents its own individual set of problems
Talk about deluded, along with fitting square pegs in round holes that has been one of his biggest failings.

You’re guilty there ( of making things up ) to suit a flawed agenda I’m afraid

PS - Footballers can play in several different positions. Just saying. And in what way has he blamed everybody? It’s true that clear and obvious individual errors were costly. It happens. Look at the difference over the past 6 or so games. Some of the football, passing and movement with interchange of positions has been a joy.

Even at Millwall the football was very good. Stylish. Mistakes were our downfall then. Look at the wider picture always. Particularly at a football
Club. Analyse the players, their strengths and weaknesses. When they ALL perform we can best anyone.

Russell Martin on 15:02 - Apr 23 with 2572 viewspencoedjack

If Martin had the same record at Norwich as he had here he’d have been sacked a long time ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin on 15:09 - Apr 23 with 2532 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russell Martin on 15:02 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

If Martin had the same record at Norwich as he had here he’d have been sacked a long time ago.

And not just Norwich, that applies to most of the Champioship clubs as we have seen with other managers.
Russell Martin on 15:13 - Apr 23 with 2521 viewsOptimisticJack

Surely there has to be a lesson there.
We have been patient whilst Russell Martin (on his own admission) has made mistakes.
Now it seems we are turning the corner and things are starting to click.
Now would not be the time to start afresh yet again.
The last 2 years will have been wasted.

Optimisticjack

Russell Martin on 15:15 - Apr 23 with 2512 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin on 14:56 - Apr 23 by swancity

You’re guilty there ( of making things up ) to suit a flawed agenda I’m afraid

PS - Footballers can play in several different positions. Just saying. And in what way has he blamed everybody? It’s true that clear and obvious individual errors were costly. It happens. Look at the difference over the past 6 or so games. Some of the football, passing and movement with interchange of positions has been a joy.

Even at Millwall the football was very good. Stylish. Mistakes were our downfall then. Look at the wider picture always. Particularly at a football
Club. Analyse the players, their strengths and weaknesses. When they ALL perform we can best anyone.

You are wasting your breath, there’s never been a positive thing posted by that poster on here since god invested grass. Or indeed chips. Everything is an issue and if they aren’t he makes them an issue.

Some people don’t understand learning and development and illustrating that. I would say to them forgive and forget ‘Fawlty’ but the goggles are tinged with a dark agenda against a young manager who has come out of a very problematic place and still performs for our clubs good.

The summer needs to display support from everyone at the club to give him the side that will take Swansea City back to the premier league. Anyone who can’t see that and the improvements since that Millwall game and the faith the players have shown in him isn’t going to change ever.

It’s pointless engaging.

Russell Martin on 15:27 - Apr 23 with 2487 viewsmax936

Russell Martin on 15:15 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

You are wasting your breath, there’s never been a positive thing posted by that poster on here since god invested grass. Or indeed chips. Everything is an issue and if they aren’t he makes them an issue.

Some people don’t understand learning and development and illustrating that. I would say to them forgive and forget ‘Fawlty’ but the goggles are tinged with a dark agenda against a young manager who has come out of a very problematic place and still performs for our clubs good.

The summer needs to display support from everyone at the club to give him the side that will take Swansea City back to the premier league. Anyone who can’t see that and the improvements since that Millwall game and the faith the players have shown in him isn’t going to change ever.

It’s pointless engaging.

There's a few on here who are always right and whose opinion matters more than anyone else's, the same ones who if they critized for something they wrote they're quick to jump when that post posts something that they don't like, thinking they are clever, I'd like to go further and say, but....!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Russell Martin on 15:30 - Apr 23 with 2467 viewsswancity

It’s pointless engaging.

Yes agreed. Can’t see further than the nose on the end of their face. And unfortunately as in life in general, those who make the most noise usually have the least knowledge or experience.

I sense there are some out there who want our team to lose to help support their sad viewpoints. It seems that way. And how pathetic is that.

Meanwhile a manager who is working hard to improve our team and club deserves praise for steering his way successfully through some rough waters. 👏🏻

Russell Martin on 15:33 - Apr 23 with 2438 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin on 15:30 - Apr 23 by swancity

Yes agreed. Can’t see further than the nose on the end of their face. And unfortunately as in life in general, those who make the most noise usually have the least knowledge or experience.

I sense there are some out there who want our team to lose to help support their sad viewpoints. It seems that way. And how pathetic is that.

Meanwhile a manager who is working hard to improve our team and club deserves praise for steering his way successfully through some rough waters. 👏🏻

The vast majority support the manager, the near 500 at Norwich an example. Amongst the younger element of our support he is very much in favour.

Russell Martin on 15:55 - Apr 23 with 2387 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin on 15:33 - Apr 23 by KeithHaynes

The vast majority support the manager, the near 500 at Norwich an example. Amongst the younger element of our support he is very much in favour.

The younger element are the future.
Russell Martin on 16:12 - Apr 23 with 2359 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It’s pointless engaging.

" there’s never been a positive thing posted by that poster on here since god invested grass"

I could be unkind and call you a liar to your face.

"Reply Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED
at 20:36 19 Apr 2023

I would say that the whole team have played well.

"
Reply Swansea City v Preston North End : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED
at 20:22 19 Apr 2023

Joe made that goal look so easy.
Great play. "

"
Reply Norwich City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 PUB GUIDE INC
at 15:48 22 Apr 2023

Norwich can't cope with Cullen, Paterson and Manning or attacking intent we are playing with. Their frustration is showing.
A great first half up till now. "

I will accept your apology any time you wish to make it but I won't hold my breath, because as you say about me, you also have an agenda where I am concerned.
Russell Martin on 16:38 - Apr 23 with 2315 viewsDr_Parnassus

God no.

20 months of dross doesn’t get erased by a good 4 weeks at the end of the season. Two wasted opportunities for play-offs.

If he has us in and around the playoffs come Xmas time then we can revisit.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin on 16:42 - Apr 23 with 2290 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin on 16:38 - Apr 23 by Dr_Parnassus

God no.

20 months of dross doesn’t get erased by a good 4 weeks at the end of the season. Two wasted opportunities for play-offs.

If he has us in and around the playoffs come Xmas time then we can revisit.

All opinions welcome
Isn’t it.
Not a few months ago,most did NOT support Martin

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin on 16:45 - Apr 23 with 2275 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin on 16:42 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

All opinions welcome
Isn’t it.
Not a few months ago,most did NOT support Martin

Criticism when it's due, praise when it's due. That's how to be fair and objective.
Russell Martin on 16:51 - Apr 23 with 2241 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin on 16:45 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

Criticism when it's due, praise when it's due. That's how to be fair and objective.

Correct.

Do you think Martin deserves a new contract after a good start & end to season?
Russell Martin on 16:54 - Apr 23 with 2223 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin on 16:51 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

Correct.

Do you think Martin deserves a new contract after a good start & end to season?

No.
He has a year left on this contract. I would prefer to see where we are October time.
Russell Martin on 16:57 - Apr 23 with 2204 viewspencoedjack

Russell Martin on 16:54 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

No.
He has a year left on this contract. I would prefer to see where we are October time.

Yep seems fair due to the current turnaround in the team.

Certainly doesn’t deserve a new contract when you look at the season overall.
Russell Martin on 17:04 - Apr 23 with 2174 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin on 16:54 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

No.

It's a gamble depends how much faith you have in him I suppose.

Without a contract extension we are vunerable to losing him on the cheap.

On the other hand if he fails we are stuck with him a tough call for the owners.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 17:06]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin on 17:05 - Apr 23 with 2172 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin on 16:57 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

It would give RM time to see where he is squad wise after the window and the board time to see if our progress has continued.
Russell Martin on 17:22 - Apr 23 with 2114 viewsunion_jack

Russell Martin on 16:57 - Apr 23 by pencoedjack

Conversely, the adage ‘you’re only as good as your last game’ should apply in good or bad times.

I’m not arguing with you though. I’m undecided on whether he’s right for us or not and I certainly haven’t forgotten the stints if stubborness and incompetence we’ve witnessed in the past in the name of ‘the process’.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024