Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread 09:29 - Sep 20 with 10812 viewsModeratorC

Michael Duff’s eight league game in charge as he goes in search of his first win.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60914/two-managers-one-r

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60907/michael-duff-joe-a

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60915

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60921/strong-arm-tactics

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:28 - Sep 23 with 1551 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 18:18 - Sep 23 by Just_Dave

Happy with the win of course. Yes Wednesday were poor but we have suffered against poor teams in the past. Liked our shape today especially defensively. Ginelly looked dangerous until his injury. Is Duff learning? Hopefully. Question is how much mcan he improve this team and are the players prepared to work for him.

I only saw the second half thanks to the live stream being down, but defensively we were extremely fragile and our lack of composure would have led to a goal if it wasn’t Sheffield Wednesday (who are the poorest side I’ve seen by some margin).
It was a win and thank Gid for that but I’m under no illusions.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:34 - Sep 23 with 1518 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 18:47 - Sep 23 by jack247

Thing is, they played Russell Martin football with league one players. They were that bad, it was almost impossible to judge us.

It was that bad I reckon the bookies must be wondering if it was fixed, specially after they gifted patino his goal, that was a complete farce.

We were rubbish but they were far worse. We did improve second half and confidence does play a big part. Maybe we turned the first corner and it's positive progress from here on.

I live in hope.

The ref was utter garbage too though.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:51 - Sep 23 with 1472 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 18:47 - Sep 23 by jack247

Thing is, they played Russell Martin football with league one players. They were that bad, it was almost impossible to judge us.

Southampton played Martinball with ex pl players and lost their 4th game in a row ti bottom of the league....that says something

we won today scored 3 goals kept a clean sheet.
Our cousins up the road got their first win against Wednesday but conceded a goal and only scored 2 hopefully like they did we can kick on from today

Did we see see us play lots of hoofball?? We played some nice passing football....its a shame Ginnelly got injured....Wednesday were overtly physical the officials were gash allowed Wednesday to get away with loads yet penalised us for less and petty offences.

I and those around me obviously watched a different game to most on here.....especially those watching obviously a stream

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:58 - Sep 23 with 1452 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:51 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

Southampton played Martinball with ex pl players and lost their 4th game in a row ti bottom of the league....that says something

we won today scored 3 goals kept a clean sheet.
Our cousins up the road got their first win against Wednesday but conceded a goal and only scored 2 hopefully like they did we can kick on from today

Did we see see us play lots of hoofball?? We played some nice passing football....its a shame Ginnelly got injured....Wednesday were overtly physical the officials were gash allowed Wednesday to get away with loads yet penalised us for less and petty offences.

I and those around me obviously watched a different game to most on here.....especially those watching obviously a stream

Wednesday were awful. You probably did watch a different game to me if you think any different.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:11 - Sep 23 with 1405 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 19:58 - Sep 23 by jack247

Wednesday were awful. You probably did watch a different game to me if you think any different.

I don't disagree Wednesday were dire....
But we played some good football created some opportunities apart from those we scored from
Cardiff only scored 2 past this crap team and conceded a goal whilst we kept a clean sheet.
Incidentally we re the first team to beat them by 3 goals.....let's look for.positives shall we maybe today us a turning point...we all know how the Championship is that shine QPR team we drew against got a draw away to Birmingham who have been flying high.

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:17 - Sep 23 with 1396 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:11 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

I don't disagree Wednesday were dire....
But we played some good football created some opportunities apart from those we scored from
Cardiff only scored 2 past this crap team and conceded a goal whilst we kept a clean sheet.
Incidentally we re the first team to beat them by 3 goals.....let's look for.positives shall we maybe today us a turning point...we all know how the Championship is that shine QPR team we drew against got a draw away to Birmingham who have been flying high.

Yeah that’s fair enough, but let’s not get carried away with beating a team like that. See how we get on against Milwall and Norwich first.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:28 - Sep 23 with 1383 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:17 - Sep 23 by jack247

Yeah that’s fair enough, but let’s not get carried away with beating a team like that. See how we get on against Milwall and Norwich first.

I agree one swallow and all that but reading some of the posts I wonder if they actually were at the game.
It was.played at a pace above we saw most games last season we mainly played with the ball on the floor,there were missed opportunities and we started with yet again a different lineup.If we can play a few games with the same starting 11 we could see us giving some sodes a tuning and we have a strong bench too...
THIS crap Wednesday side manged a goaless draw at Leeds scored two at Hull,and were narrowly beaten by Cardiff and Southampton

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:44 - Sep 23 with 1347 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 21:17 - Sep 22 by builthjack

3-0.

My crystal ball worked again.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 22:11 - Sep 23 with 1217 viewsmahoss

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:28 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

I agree one swallow and all that but reading some of the posts I wonder if they actually were at the game.
It was.played at a pace above we saw most games last season we mainly played with the ball on the floor,there were missed opportunities and we started with yet again a different lineup.If we can play a few games with the same starting 11 we could see us giving some sodes a tuning and we have a strong bench too...
THIS crap Wednesday side manged a goaless draw at Leeds scored two at Hull,and were narrowly beaten by Cardiff and Southampton

Not sure what to make of today.
Yes we won 3-0 but it was dire, misplaced passes and mistakes constantly.
How many mistakes in their defence did it take for us to kill the game off………..
Too much possession last year……….
Too little this year………..
I don’t know…….
What you do need is bright footballers to choose the right option when they have it which we didn’t most of the time……….possession or not that comes down to intelligence and awareness ,that’s the difference with the better players and why they end up in the Prem I suppose.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 06:23 - Sep 24 with 1005 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 20:28 - Sep 23 by vetchonian

I agree with some of the points you have made in this thread, but the minute you start making a case for Wednesday not being that bad, you undermine them.

Whatever problems they have, in my opinion, their biggest one is the same as ours, their manager is out of his depth.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 846 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 22:11 - Sep 23 by mahoss

Not sure what to make of today.
Yes we won 3-0 but it was dire, misplaced passes and mistakes constantly.
How many mistakes in their defence did it take for us to kill the game off………..
Too much possession last year……….
Too little this year………..
I don’t know…….
What you do need is bright footballers to choose the right option when they have it which we didn’t most of the time……….possession or not that comes down to intelligence and awareness ,that’s the difference with the better players and why they end up in the Prem I suppose.

Basically, we have sold good players and replaced them with less quality .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 815 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:32 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Basically, we have sold good players and replaced them with less quality .

Yates is better than Whittaker.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:52 - Sep 24 with 802 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:46 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Oh no he s not

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:55 - Sep 24 with 796 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:46 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

From what I saw yesterday Yates will work his socks off .
I never saw Whittaker put a shift in.
I wish him luck though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:57 - Sep 24 with 797 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:52 - Sep 24 by onehunglow

Oh no he s not

His effort is unquestionable.
Whittaker was self obsessed.

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:58 - Sep 24 with 786 viewsangryjack

You must be on crystal meth ..
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:00 - Sep 24 with 780 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:55 - Sep 24 by builthjack

From what I saw yesterday Yates will work his socks off .
I never saw Whittaker put a shift in.
I wish him luck though.

My jack Russell will work his socks off if you put the number 9 shirt on him..but he doesn't have a football brain either or can't trap a ball...or pass it..he sometimes runs it in goal by luck ...
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 11:01]
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:00 - Sep 24 with 768 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60921/strong-arm-tactics

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:02 - Sep 24 with 746 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:58 - Sep 24 by angryjack

You must be on crystal meth ..

Can’t get it round here, so I stick to paella.

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 732 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:02 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

Can’t get it round here, so I stick to paella.

Lay off it its making your brain think silly things
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 732 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:00 - Sep 24 by angryjack

My jack Russell will work his socks off if you put the number 9 shirt on him..but he doesn't have a football brain either or can't trap a ball...or pass it..he sometimes runs it in goal by luck ...
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 11:01]

He’s not just a grafter though is he? The three goals he’s scored so far have all been quality finishes.

Lovely bit of footwork in the build up to the disallowed goal yesterday.
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:05 - Sep 24 with 726 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 10:57 - Sep 24 by KeithHaynes

His effort is unquestionable.
Whittaker was self obsessed.

The best strikers are normally that way inclined
One of my set list songs is Crystal Ship.
See, I told you we were brothers lost at birth

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:07 - Sep 24 with 728 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:05 - Sep 24 by angryjack

Lay off it its making your brain think silly things

I tend to rely on what’s got me to where I am today as opposed to following the mainstream.

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:08 - Sep 24 with 726 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:05 - Sep 24 by jack247

He’s not just a grafter though is he? The three goals he’s scored so far have all been quality finishes.

Lovely bit of footwork in the build up to the disallowed goal yesterday.

He's a Tony bird imposter
Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:09 - Sep 24 with 714 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Match day thread on 11:08 - Sep 24 by angryjack

He's a Tony bird imposter

Fair play
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024