Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? 17:49 - Jan 12 with 1946 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/welsh-region-plan-leave-sta
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:46 - Jan 12 with 1846 viewsTogg

It's a no brainer. Develop St Helens. First class Cricket has more or less gone. The surrounding area of Brynmill has loads of pubs and restaurants. Ideal for when teams from outside Wales come and play. What a location opposite the sea.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:50 - Jan 12 with 1836 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:46 - Jan 12 by Togg

It's a no brainer. Develop St Helens. First class Cricket has more or less gone. The surrounding area of Brynmill has loads of pubs and restaurants. Ideal for when teams from outside Wales come and play. What a location opposite the sea.

They will go to the Gnoll.
[Post edited 12 Jan 21:30]
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:03 - Jan 12 with 1803 viewsTogg

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:50 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

It would need huge developing. I think that would also be the end of most of the Swansea support.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:08 - Jan 12 with 1777 viewsonehunglow

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:03 - Jan 12 by Togg

It would need huge developing. I think that would also be the end of most of the Swansea support.

Profoundly upsetting.
Swansea has a history of rugby every but as significant as football,possibly more so as the Whites have been the best touring teams at the time .
The day we joined with a village like Neath was the death knell.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:08 - Jan 12 with 1777 viewsWhiterockin

Plans are already in place I believe. There is a meeting next week between Neath, Ospreys and N and PT Council.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:26 - Jan 12 with 1736 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:03 - Jan 12 by Togg

St Helens is a terrible ground to watch rugby. I agree with you regarding any redevelopment, it’s going to cost a fortune and in my opinion it would be cheaper to start from new. It’s also a bit of a poor location to get to these days, there’s the huge number of traffic lights, parking issues etc and to be honest I don’t think the Ospreys can afford it.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:16 - Jan 12 with 1691 viewsDr_Winston

Would save the Swans a fortune in pitch maintenance and it's hard to imagine that the average Ospreys attendance is worth the hassle of opening the stadium. They probably run at a loss. If memory serves the council were having some difficulty getting their contributions off them anyway.

Something in the 8000 to 10000 capacity would be ample for the vast majority their games, be that St Helens or The Gnoll.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:16 - Jan 12 with 1692 viewsmax936

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:50 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

Gnoll

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:17 - Jan 12 with 1683 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:16 - Jan 12 by max936

Gnoll

Apologies.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:19 - Jan 12 with 1670 viewsmax936

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:17 - Jan 12 by Whiterockin

Apologies.

I should think so too!

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 15:35 - Mar 30 with 939 viewsWhiterockin

An update

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/three-options-ospreys-new-h
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 17:43 - Mar 30 with 866 viewsbuilthjack

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 15:35 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

An update

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/three-options-ospreys-new-h

Of the 3,900 fans, Munster brought over 1200.
They can’t carry on like that surely, especially with funding drying up from the WRU.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 17:46 - Mar 30 with 865 viewsmax936

Decent win today, squeaky bum time at 29-21, but scored another great try at the death to secure the win, excellent stuff.

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:00 - Mar 30 with 829 viewsSullutaCreturned

If they want people from Swansea and Neath to go then it should b at Llandarcy but it'll cost them, it will wherever they go though.

At least at Llandarcy they can have great access to the motorway, even if the need the councils help, to change the roads a bit, or possibly build a new one. Assuming the Senedd agrees I guess.

One of their big problems has been getting people from Neath and Swansea to buy into the region. If it goes deeper into either territory it won't fix anything.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:26 - Mar 30 with 801 viewsWhiterockin

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 19:00 - Mar 30 by SullutaCreturned

If they want people from Swansea and Neath to go then it should b at Llandarcy but it'll cost them, it will wherever they go though.

At least at Llandarcy they can have great access to the motorway, even if the need the councils help, to change the roads a bit, or possibly build a new one. Assuming the Senedd agrees I guess.

One of their big problems has been getting people from Neath and Swansea to buy into the region. If it goes deeper into either territory it won't fix anything.

A lot of the season ticket holders I know go by public transport, there's a lot of work to be done there or they won't go. Llandarcy is in the middle of nowhere transport wise.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 21:08 - Mar 30 with 777 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to me the Ospreys particular problems stem from the parochial nature of Welsh Rugby and the fact that they're the only "region" that actually embraced the concept. The rest are basically just Llanelli and Cardiff.

People loved Swansea or Neath. They don't love the Ospreys. They couldn't care less and never have. Even the few who do bother to turn up for games scurry back to their own clubs as soon as possible afterwards.

The whole concept is doomed. Might as well nip it in the bud now rather than waste time and money trying to resucitate it somewhere else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 00:34 - Mar 31 with 706 viewsRobbie

Good friend of mine , Cimla based mentioned his dad would never follow the Ospreys .

Neef , Gnoll was where his Season Ticket money went to , Regional Rugby a no go .

Yet Parc y Scarlets , nice new purpose build Stadium , Turks love the Scarlet ethos , is still a profit ground , but it seems the Club side is £3 million in debt .

Blues /Cardiff , Newport /Gwent Dragons all carrying on with no upfront financial issues .

Swansea RFC / St Helens , gone , now a local regional team cannot get a pitch to play on , Ashleigh Road still available , how much is the permit these days mate .

WRU is so dependant on ticket pricing , alcohol sales , TV rights , daffodil wearing punters .

Would love to see top class rugby thrive in our area , my conspiracy theory is Ospreys out .
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:09 - Mar 31 with 558 viewsSullutaCreturned

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 20:26 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

A lot of the season ticket holders I know go by public transport, there's a lot of work to be done there or they won't go. Llandarcy is in the middle of nowhere transport wise.

They can lay on public transport to Llandarcy, it's hardly the middle of nowhere. In fact compred to the Gnoll or St Helens it'd probably be easier getting there and parking, quicker in and out, as long as whatever they did was done properly of course.
Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 23:46 - Mar 31 with 497 viewsmajorraglan

Ospreys to move out of the Swansea.com? on 00:34 - Mar 31 by Robbie

Good friend of mine , Cimla based mentioned his dad would never follow the Ospreys .

Neef , Gnoll was where his Season Ticket money went to , Regional Rugby a no go .

Yet Parc y Scarlets , nice new purpose build Stadium , Turks love the Scarlet ethos , is still a profit ground , but it seems the Club side is £3 million in debt .

Blues /Cardiff , Newport /Gwent Dragons all carrying on with no upfront financial issues .

Swansea RFC / St Helens , gone , now a local regional team cannot get a pitch to play on , Ashleigh Road still available , how much is the permit these days mate .

WRU is so dependant on ticket pricing , alcohol sales , TV rights , daffodil wearing punters .

Would love to see top class rugby thrive in our area , my conspiracy theory is Ospreys out .

The concept of the Ospreys was good, but given the tribal nature of Welsh rugby they were always up against it. In the early years Neath and Swansea did well out of the Ospreys with players tloaned in to supplement match day squads, Aberavon faired less well and were the poor relation as were Maesteg.
Things changed over time, Neath and the Ospreys seemed to go their own ways and Aberavon got more help with ff the O’s - as far as I can see these days it’s just Swansea who get the help. I enjoy rugby and I do watch a game on a Saturday - if it fits in with everything else but I don’t watch the regional games - it’s years since I’ve watched the O’s!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024