Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? 20:55 - Jan 22 with 2382 viewsSTID2017

Many players, managers and even fans have been called YJB without a murmur.
So being called a barsteward is okay (must be as Res hasn't mounted a campaign against it) yet been called a Sheep ....... is ?
Honestly can't make it up.
Personally don't care for either term myself, but certainly don't think of either being offensive?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:03 - Jan 22 with 2162 viewsWhiterockin

Probably because they don't s*** barstewards in the upper valley.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:08 - Jan 22 with 2149 viewsFlashberryjack

Probably because most of us have got bigger worries and concerns in our lives than to be offended by such trivial matters.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:10 - Jan 22 with 2143 viewsswan_si

I think 1 is a term of endearment, the other is not.
One is a lot easier to explain to a child attending a match don't you think?
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:10 - Jan 22 with 2140 viewsFlashberryjack

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:03 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

Probably because they don't s*** barstewards in the upper valley.

How do you know ?

Hello

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:14 - Jan 22 with 2104 viewsWhiterockin

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:10 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

How do you know ?

Experience

Apologies if I offend, but I really think the whole thing is just a ridiculous overreaction.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:35 - Jan 22 with 2045 viewsFlashberryjack

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:14 - Jan 22 by Whiterockin

Experience

Apologies if I offend, but I really think the whole thing is just a ridiculous overreaction.

No apology needed mate.

Hello

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 2014 viewsKeithHaynes

The YJB goes way back to the season we played Reading and it all went wobbly.
I remember numerous away fans thinking it was aimed at their players of colour.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 23:27 - Jan 22 with 1913 viewsKilkennyjack

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:42 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

True Keith.
Its now an established term of endearment.

The sheep chant is a classic of weaponising a song meant to offend us, but used as a source of pride.
I remember a huge single Swans proudly chanting it outside Wemberley before the Northampton final. The cobblers fans were everywhere but just looked at him not really knowing how to react. You had to be there.

I cant get to excited about their use.
Seems to make most people laugh so that probably gives us the answer.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 01:01 - Jan 23 with 1879 viewsRhonddaSwans

😂 YJB only when Cardiff fans say it(for the 3 points 😂)

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 06:13 - Jan 23 with 1819 viewsblackpooljack

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 21:42 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

I remember a lot of Man Utd fans were aghast when it was shouted at Fabian Brandy when we played Doncaster at a night match.
[Post edited 23 Jan 6:14]
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 08:52 - Jan 23 with 1741 viewsjack247

Plenty of people round here been about longer than me and can probably correct me on this, yet the first time I remember it used endearingly was at John Hartson during the warm up when we played West Ham in the fa cup. Before that I can only really remember Cardiff fans singing it, mainly when they were up against one of our ex players and could single him out.

We’ve turned it around, just like we have with the ‘fluffy sheep are wonderful’ and ‘1-0 to the sheepshaggers’ chants because most of us aren’t professionally offended.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 09:21 - Jan 23 with 1703 viewsWhiterockin

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 08:52 - Jan 23 by jack247

Plenty of people round here been about longer than me and can probably correct me on this, yet the first time I remember it used endearingly was at John Hartson during the warm up when we played West Ham in the fa cup. Before that I can only really remember Cardiff fans singing it, mainly when they were up against one of our ex players and could single him out.

We’ve turned it around, just like we have with the ‘fluffy sheep are wonderful’ and ‘1-0 to the sheepshaggers’ chants because most of us aren’t professionally offended.

The chants are just a case of reverse psychology, it has been done since the beginning of time. To read more into it is just paranoia in the extreme.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 09:23 - Jan 23 with 1693 viewsonehunglow

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 06:13 - Jan 23 by blackpooljack

I remember a lot of Man Utd fans were aghast when it was shouted at Fabian Brandy when we played Doncaster at a night match.
[Post edited 23 Jan 6:14]

I remember that too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 10:17 - Jan 23 with 1664 views1983

It's definitely a Cardiff thing can anyone remember a Sunday midday game at Ninian Park in the early 1990's I'm sure it was the first ever Welsh Derby on SKY and Cardiff fans unvailing a big white sheet with YOU JACK BA$TARDS written on it when there was a minute silence going on, or was I dreaming ??

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 1570 viewsReslovenSwan1

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 08:52 - Jan 23 by jack247

I am not offended jut sad that Swansea fans engage and interact with English racists. Call them out for what they are. Some "know their place Welshmen" are too wimpy to do this.

Shamefully the Welsh national team fans define themselves by English slurs. The definition of a boot-licker i my book.

Swansea city is not zero tolerant. In fact I would be minded to say Swansea city as a whole is intrinsically tolerant of ethnic slurs with about half keen on slurs or disinterested in stamping it out.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 13:13 - Jan 23 with 1546 viewsonehunglow

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 12:55 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not offended jut sad that Swansea fans engage and interact with English racists. Call them out for what they are. Some "know their place Welshmen" are too wimpy to do this.

Shamefully the Welsh national team fans define themselves by English slurs. The definition of a boot-licker i my book.

Swansea city is not zero tolerant. In fact I would be minded to say Swansea city as a whole is intrinsically tolerant of ethnic slurs with about half keen on slurs or disinterested in stamping it out.

And it’s been said I always slag off Swansea and Wales.
You really don’t like Jacks ,do ya ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 13:31 - Jan 23 with 1504 viewsKeithHaynes

I think the overall statement of Swans fans engaging with ‘English’ racists is incorrect. They have links to numerous European clubs and in Scotland. It’s an overarching statement. There are extremist Swans fans from across the fan base. The link to the Union Jack and racism is really and always has been saturated in contemptible statements.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 16:11 - Jan 23 with 1430 viewsjacaranda

Used to love going to the vetch and if the away team didn't bring anyone, we'd fill in there, as well and shout you Jack bastads to the North Bank, who were shouting it back. Happy days
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 1391 viewsmax936

Up arrowed by mistake, its been a long day at the coal face!

Next time you're down at a game, pop over to the North East corner be a nice change from the soft seats you're used to sitting with your butties and vent your spleen at the Swans fans, you can call them Boot lickers, Wimps, Dumbo's Dim and Low Life's instead of mouthing off on here through your Keyboard.
[Post edited 23 Jan 17:17]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 1382 viewsWhiterockin

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:15 - Jan 23 by max936

Next time you're down at a game, pop over to the North East corner be a nice change from the soft seats you're used to sitting with your butties and vent your spleen at the Swans fans, you can call them Boot lickers, Wimps, Dumbo's Dim and Low Life's instead of mouthing off on here through your Keyboard.

Does he go to games?
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:36 - Jan 23 with 1349 viewsjack247

You aren’t deluded enough to think the ‘1-0 to the sheepshaggers’ etc chants are an act of subservience.

It’s becoming more and more obvious you just post contrary views because you crave the attention.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:52 - Jan 23 with 1329 viewsmax936

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:18 - Jan 23 by Whiterockin

Does he go to games?

I doubt it, that said I haven't been for far to long, miss it sometimes, but not as much as I thought I would, miss the chinwag and a few sarsaparillas with the chaps mostly though I suppose.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 1301 viewsSullutaCreturned

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:36 - Jan 23 by jack247

You aren’t deluded enough to think the ‘1-0 to the sheepshaggers’ etc chants are an act of subservience.

It’s becoming more and more obvious you just post contrary views because you crave the attention.

it mau just be the case that he has no sense of humour which is why he can't really be a Swansea fan because to be STID you need humour!

Seeking attention by posting as he does would be very desperate.
How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 1268 viewsBoundy

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 17:15 - Jan 23 by max936

I did wonder why you would agree with someone with such obnoxious views .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

How Come YJB Is No Offensive ? on 19:30 - Jan 23 with 1194 viewsjackrmee

Yep, great idea 👏

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024