Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Copa 71 00:10 - Mar 6 with 2067 viewsSTID2017

One for all the mysogynists on here.
The Women's World Cup 1971 in Mexico, which was unsupported by the official bodies and wiped from the history books, is the subject of this new film.
Another one in the eye for those who don't believe in equality for women (of which there are a few on here)
Look forward to seeing it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Copa 71 on 00:22 - Mar 6 with 1361 viewsTreforys_Jack

Name names STID ?
Copa 71 on 05:52 - Mar 6 with 1311 viewsbuilthjack

6 teams.
Denmark beat Mexico in the final in front of 115,000 spectators.
England finished 6th.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Copa 71 on 07:30 - Mar 6 with 1286 viewsSullutaCreturned

I read the story, the teams were feted out in Mexico, they were given massive support and the tournament had big crowds.

When the original Lionesses returned home they were ignored by the authorities, airbrushed from history and their manager (Harry Batt) got a lifetime ban.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/25/lost-lionesses-forgotten-womens
Copa 71 on 09:43 - Mar 6 with 1243 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Copa 71 on 07:30 - Mar 6 by SullutaCreturned

I read the story, the teams were feted out in Mexico, they were given massive support and the tournament had big crowds.

When the original Lionesses returned home they were ignored by the authorities, airbrushed from history and their manager (Harry Batt) got a lifetime ban.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/25/lost-lionesses-forgotten-womens

A lifetime ban for that heinous crime? And only 50 years or so ago.

Amazing that now Arsenal women had the biggest crowd at any match in Britain last weekend.
Copa 71 on 09:47 - Mar 6 with 1231 viewsTogg

These two Seventies legends were great supporters of the competition.
Copa 71 on 09:48 - Mar 6 with 1227 viewsKeithHaynes

Copa 71 on 09:43 - Mar 6 by JumpingJackFlash

Amazing that now Arsenal women had the biggest crowd at any match in Britain last weekend.

Bloody women coming over here and playing football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Copa 71 on 09:49 - Mar 6 with 1215 viewsKeithHaynes

Copa 71 on 09:43 - Mar 6 by JumpingJackFlash

It’s amazing how much of a closeted view the FA had for what is described as a world game.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Copa 71 on 10:40 - Mar 6 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

It’s beautiful to read .
[Post edited 6 Mar 10:43]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Copa 71 on 12:21 - Mar 6 with 1132 viewshobo

It's not misogynistic to not enjoy women's football
Copa 71 on 13:50 - Mar 6 with 1079 viewsonehunglow

Copa 71 on 12:21 - Mar 6 by hobo

Yes but STID has speaketh
Here endothelial the lesson

Copa 71 on 14:09 - Mar 6 with 1069 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well no, it's not. There again I often don't enjoy the mens football and have also enjoyed a few of the womens games.

The misogyny comes in when people say women shouldn't referee mens games because...they're women.
As with everything, what I care about is the quality, not the sex/gender/religion or anythin else of the referee.

I will (on the evidence of the games I've seen them ref) take Welch over Madeley every time.
Copa 71 on 14:16 - Mar 6 with 1060 viewsonehunglow

Copa 71 on 14:09 - Mar 6 by SullutaCreturned

Well no, it's not. There again I often don't enjoy the mens football and have also enjoyed a few of the womens games.

The misogyny comes in when people say women shouldn't referee mens games because...they're women.
As with everything, what I care about is the quality, not the sex/gender/religion or anythin else of the referee.

I will (on the evidence of the games I've seen them ref) take Welch over Madeley every time.

Ms Welch was brilliant
Have to say female refs in the Prem would see radical changes for the better ,starting with less dissent

Copa 71 on 19:04 - Mar 6 with 975 viewsReslovenSwan1

I want women's team to have distinctive and unique names.

I was listening to sports radio talking about Man City v Chelsea and it took me a while to realise they were talking about the women's game.

I recommended the Swansea city Women's team being called Dinas Abertawe and the shirts being sponsored by the Trust.

Cardiff city have actually rebranded as Gwalia United converting from Cardiff city and play in the English system. They have brought in sponsorship have their own stadium (in Newport) and broken away from Cardiff city.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-ladies-c

Wise sage since Toshack era

Copa 71 on 19:18 - Mar 6 with 937 viewsSTID2017

Copa 71 on 19:04 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

I was listening to sports radio talking about Man City v Chelsea and it took me a while to realise they were talking about the women's game.

I recommended the Swansea city Women's team being called Dinas Abertawe and the shirts being sponsored by the Trust.

Cardiff city have actually rebranded as Gwalia United converting from Cardiff city and play in the English system. They have brought in sponsorship have their own stadium (in Newport) and broken away from Cardiff city.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-ladies-c

Personally I think the ladies teams and youth teams should be named and financially supported by the main club ( in our case Swansea)
Likewise ( as happens now at Swansea ) they should also benefit from the professional training facilities available to the club.
To name them anything different or have them playing in a different ground devalues the team.
Imagine the kick that the ladies team get stepping out at the Swansea.Com Stadium ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Copa 71 on 19:29 - Mar 6 with 923 viewsReslovenSwan1

Copa 71 on 19:18 - Mar 6 by STID2017

Personally I think the ladies teams and youth teams should be named and financially supported by the main club ( in our case Swansea)
Likewise ( as happens now at Swansea ) they should also benefit from the professional training facilities available to the club.
To name them anything different or have them playing in a different ground devalues the team.
Imagine the kick that the ladies team get stepping out at the Swansea.Com Stadium ?

This is the beauty of calling them Dinas Abertawe. Swansea city for me is the men's team and academy sides. They would still play at the Swnseas .com on occasions and use facilities when available.

Have Westacres paid extra for shirt sponsorship ? If not new shirt sponsors can be found with new funding.

Clearly the Cardiff city team only got sponsorship from Go Compare after they split from Cardiff city. Go Compare a Welsh firm probably wanted no links to the "soul crew" and the "seedy chanting" favoured by Welsh football fans.

Copa 71 on 19:33 - Mar 6 with 922 viewsWhiterockin

There are two teams. Cardiff City Ladies FC are rebranding as Gwalia United and play in the English system. Cardiff City Women's Team are affiliated to the men's team and play in the same league as our team. Notice the team affiliated to Cardiff City men are not changing their name.
Copa 71 on 16:49 - Mar 7 with 716 viewsWhiterockin

No apology yet for talking complete crap again. You search the net and post false information to try and back up your silly ideas. You were not correct either about "their stadium" in Spytty. It's the multi purpose athletics Stadium in the sports village, home to Newport Harriers and a Newport football team, not County. You really need to get your facts right and stop posting fanciful lies. Didn't you get banned for that before.
Copa 71 on 17:45 - Mar 7 with 671 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 19:29 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

This is the beauty of calling them Dinas Abertawe. Swansea city for me is the men's team and academy sides. They would still play at the Swnseas .com on occasions and use facilities when available.

Have Westacres paid extra for shirt sponsorship ? If not new shirt sponsors can be found with new funding.

Clearly the Cardiff city team only got sponsorship from Go Compare after they split from Cardiff city. Go Compare a Welsh firm probably wanted no links to the "soul crew" and the "seedy chanting" favoured by Welsh football fans.

Ah, so not just attacking Swansea fans anymore but now you spread your net to have a pop at ALL Welsh football fans.

Newsflash genius, ALL football clubs have fans capable of "seedy" chanting. Though some people seem to think they are better than other fans, their posts on here mark them out and other fans, real fans, can see straight through them, see exactly what they are.
Copa 71 on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 665 viewsReslovenSwan1

Copa 71 on 16:49 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

No apology yet for talking complete crap again. You search the net and post false information to try and back up your silly ideas. You were not correct either about "their stadium" in Spytty. It's the multi purpose athletics Stadium in the sports village, home to Newport Harriers and a Newport football team, not County. You really need to get your facts right and stop posting fanciful lies. Didn't you get banned for that before.

I do not understand your use of over emotional language. They have a dedicated stadium they can call home as the primary user, independent of Cardiff city. The operate independently which in my opinion is the way forward.

In time the women will ask for more and more and demand parity with the men at Swansea if successful. It is inevitable that in time they will start complaining about their treatment. Access to physios and the facilities etc. The priority of Swansea city club should always be the men's team in my opinion.

I would be happy to help them get established then become independent when sponsorship is achieved.

One idea is for the Trust to completely take over the women's team. (oh look another IDEA or what you like to call 'crap'). They are a group without a role in life other than a small communication firm. "Developing football in Swansea - right up their street.)

I was banned for telling the truth. ( Swansea needed to sell shares in the Premier league / legal case would end badly). Swansea fan activists are arrogant and do not want or accept advice. This is why they are now weak and getting weaker day by day. Giving them money is pointless. They know this so do not want members cash. It is no use to them.
Subs do not even cover admin costs.

Copa 71 on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 664 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 17:45 - Mar 7 by SullutaCreturned

Ah, so not just attacking Swansea fans anymore but now you spread your net to have a pop at ALL Welsh football fans.

Newsflash genius, ALL football clubs have fans capable of "seedy" chanting. Though some people seem to think they are better than other fans, their posts on here mark them out and other fans, real fans, can see straight through them, see exactly what they are.

He doesn't even realise that there are two Cardiff women's football teams and it's not the one linked to the Cardiff City men's team that's changing their name and getting the sponsorship. Basically it belittles his whole argument.
Copa 71 on 17:52 - Mar 7 with 659 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 17:48 - Mar 7 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not understand your use of over emotional language. They have a dedicated stadium they can call home as the primary user, independent of Cardiff city. The operate independently which in my opinion is the way forward.

In time the women will ask for more and more and demand parity with the men at Swansea if successful. It is inevitable that in time they will start complaining about their treatment. Access to physios and the facilities etc. The priority of Swansea city club should always be the men's team in my opinion.

I would be happy to help them get established then become independent when sponsorship is achieved.

One idea is for the Trust to completely take over the women's team. (oh look another IDEA or what you like to call 'crap'). They are a group without a role in life other than a small communication firm. "Developing football in Swansea - right up their street.)

I was banned for telling the truth. ( Swansea needed to sell shares in the Premier league / legal case would end badly). Swansea fan activists are arrogant and do not want or accept advice. This is why they are now weak and getting weaker day by day. Giving them money is pointless. They know this so do not want members cash. It is no use to them.

Again the team you are talking about is a different team than the one connected with Cardiff City men. There are two women's teams in Cardiff.
Copa 71 on 17:55 - Mar 7 with 647 viewsReslovenSwan1

Copa 71 on 17:52 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Again the team you are talking about is a different team than the one connected with Cardiff City men. There are two women's teams in Cardiff.

They were affiliated to Cardiff city and called Cardiff city playing in Cardiff. They now gone independent. If Swansea city women grow rapidly I would like them to do the same. They will be happier as the main event not a minor subsidiary.

Copa 71 on 18:07 - Mar 7 with 630 viewsWhiterockin

Copa 71 on 17:55 - Mar 7 by ReslovenSwan1

They were affiliated to Cardiff city and called Cardiff city playing in Cardiff. They now gone independent. If Swansea city women grow rapidly I would like them to do the same. They will be happier as the main event not a minor subsidiary.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_Ladies_F.C.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiff_City_F.C._(women)

When will you accept there are two different teams and you have got it completely wrong.
[Post edited 7 Mar 18:18]
Copa 71 on 18:44 - Mar 7 with 586 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Is it misogynistic to enjoy clips like this?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Copa 71 on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 568 viewsSullutaCreturned

Copa 71 on 17:48 - Mar 7 by ReslovenSwan1

Maybe it's because you keep posting fiction as if it's fact?

The women should get what they can afford, the club can help them develop but then it's down to market forces.

If you would be so happy then off you go, put some money in.

That is not an idea, it's nonsense. They were formed to safeguard, not to develop.

You call others arrigant because they will not take your advice, I say it is because it is very bad advice but lost in your own arrogance, you think you know better than everybody else.

How do you know what subs cover, or don't cover, where do you get your information? Because its usually wrong, as with your post about Cardiff ladies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024