Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. 17:55 - Apr 21 with 2457 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sam Parker has had his head turned it seems. Govea signed a long term deal but not Parker. He is the future and it seems to me the club should push hard to tie him up instead of wasting money on old geezers well past their best (eg Pedersen). Parker has two more years on his deal.

I suspect Pedesen is paid way more than Parker wants,. Ift is a dumb way to operate. Iwan Morgan has already slipped the nest. Cardiff city have lost 5 or 6. Swansea needs to work harder to tie these guys down. Dan James burst the scene with only two year on hi deal and had to go. mcBurney was out of contract. Roberts ran down his deal and went for pennies.

https://the72.co.uk/2024/04/21/premier-league-trio-keen-as-swansea-city-ace-reje

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:03 - Apr 21 with 2426 viewsJumpingJackFlash

How much is the offer that he’s just turned down?
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:10 - Apr 21 with 2408 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:03 - Apr 21 by JumpingJackFlash

How much is the offer that he’s just turned down?

He's got 2 years left on his contract there's no rush.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:50 - Apr 21 with 2346 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:10 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

More on this tomorrow.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:26 - Apr 21 with 2231 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:10 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

I have just been told how much Sam is actually earning and if true nobody in the squad should be earning that unless the bonuses are heavily loaded to cover appearances. Originally I was thinking see how he goes next season up until Christmas and go from there, not now talent should be rewarded when a player delivers.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:44 - Apr 21 with 2179 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:26 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

I have just been told how much Sam is actually earning and if true nobody in the squad should be earning that unless the bonuses are heavily loaded to cover appearances. Originally I was thinking see how he goes next season up until Christmas and go from there, not now talent should be rewarded when a player delivers.

Cullen’s salary is a joke for a championship player. Pittance.

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 2117 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:44 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

The whole wage structure of the squad is unbalanced. There should be a lower base wage for players varying on experience and talent with the same high performance related bonuses for all the squad. Some players on the bench earn far too much more than regular starters. Yates earning 5 X Cullen is just ridiculous.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 21:13 - Apr 21 with 2115 viewsunion_jack

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:44 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Yes, but the owners are astute business men, they know what they’re doing. I know because someone on here said so.

Parker won’t care about the money, nor Cullen. They’ll just be glad, no honoured to be at such a well run club👍

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 23:35 - Apr 21 with 1984 viewsReslovenSwan1

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 21:13 - Apr 21 by union_jack

Yes, but the owners are astute business men, they know what they’re doing. I know because someone on here said so.

Parker won’t care about the money, nor Cullen. They’ll just be glad, no honoured to be at such a well run club👍

Parker has to be careful. He is already injured. An ACL and he is worthless at 18. He is with his family and loved by the club. Playing contract shenanigans at 17: is a bad sign. He needs to concentrate on his fitness and skills

This is what Govea has done. Emyr Huws left early and generally his career was bang average and spent most of career dreaming playing at Swansea s level from the lower leagues.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 09:32 - Apr 22 with 1831 viewsjasper_T

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 23:35 - Apr 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Parker has to be careful. He is already injured. An ACL and he is worthless at 18. He is with his family and loved by the club. Playing contract shenanigans at 17: is a bad sign. He needs to concentrate on his fitness and skills

This is what Govea has done. Emyr Huws left early and generally his career was bang average and spent most of career dreaming playing at Swansea s level from the lower leagues.

Surely if he's one bad injury away from worthless then he needs to play hardball on contracts now to make as much money as he can, here or elsewhere? It's not shenanigans to reject a contract offer. Both the club and the player's side will be trying to get the best deal they can, that's just business.

Huws career was ruined by the injuries. Our record for keeping youngsters fit is worrying over recent years.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 12:50 - Apr 22 with 1695 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62379/sam-parker-hasn%E2

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 17:05 - Apr 22 with 1562 viewsnantywatcher

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 21:13 - Apr 21 by Whiterockin

The whole wage structure of the squad is unbalanced. There should be a lower base wage for players varying on experience and talent with the same high performance related bonuses for all the squad. Some players on the bench earn far too much more than regular starters. Yates earning 5 X Cullen is just ridiculous.

Yates earning 5x the kit man's salary is ridiculous.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:07 - Apr 22 with 1517 viewsSullutaCreturned

My opinion, maybe Parker turned it down because his head has been turned and he has no intention of staying?

The lubs allegedly interested would turn his head. Brentford, in other times he may not fancy them but in the EPl even small clubs become attractive, we were attractive for a while.

It might be time to start listening to offers but playing hardball there with a sell on percentage just in case he turns out brilliant!
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 1498 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:07 - Apr 22 by SullutaCreturned

My opinion, maybe Parker turned it down because his head has been turned and he has no intention of staying?

The lubs allegedly interested would turn his head. Brentford, in other times he may not fancy them but in the EPl even small clubs become attractive, we were attractive for a while.

It might be time to start listening to offers but playing hardball there with a sell on percentage just in case he turns out brilliant!

He hasn’t turned it down as such, what he is on is derisory.

The news on clubs in the UK and Europe of course doesn’t only come from Parker’s side. Maybe the Swans are learning about playing the press a bit ? Tactics as we approach the summer will take some working out, but the truth is out there.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:00 - Apr 22 with 1453 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:20 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

The news on clubs in the UK and Europe of course doesn’t only come from Parker’s side. Maybe the Swans are learning about playing the press a bit ? Tactics as we approach the summer will take some working out, but the truth is out there.

What he is on and what he was offered will be different. If he simplywants more then its down to the club, don't pay him fairly and he's gone. Eventhen, pay him fairly and when the right offer comes in, he's gone.

He won't do well for us if we treat him like crap. Coleman needs to learn this.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 1378 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:20 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

I was told his basic is under £300 a week. Any truth in this Keith.
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 1354 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:58 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

I’ve no idea on the actual figures, it has to be at least living wage. I would say the increased offer would come about as a result of his 18th birthday in July. There’s all of a sudden plenty of people in touch. Maybe his parents would like to do an interview 😉

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:16 - Apr 22 with 1350 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:13 - Apr 22 by KeithHaynes

I’ve no idea on the actual figures, it has to be at least living wage. I would say the increased offer would come about as a result of his 18th birthday in July. There’s all of a sudden plenty of people in touch. Maybe his parents would like to do an interview 😉

Apprentice wages?
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:50 - Apr 22 with 1295 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:16 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

Apprentice wages?

No idea mate, the club has a good track record of getting hosting families to look after young players. Obviously Sam is from Cardiff ( another one we nicked off them from under their noses) So don’t know his family situation. There’s costs there.

Nothing surprises me anymore tho. Especially this season.

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 964 viewsBryanSwan

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:58 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

To be fair he has only played 140 minutes this season, so id assume he was on whatever the standard youth team wages are.

As we havent heard any of the figures he has apparently been offered who knows whether it is a fair offer.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:07 - Apr 25 with 931 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 18:36 - Apr 25 by BryanSwan

To be fair he has only played 140 minutes this season, so id assume he was on whatever the standard youth team wages are.

As we havent heard any of the figures he has apparently been offered who knows whether it is a fair offer.

No figures available.

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:50 - Apr 25 with 848 viewsWhiterockin

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 19:07 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

No figures available.

Parkers demands are way beyond what the club can currently offer. Looks to me if we are going to offer players peanuts and we all know what you end up with then.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-news-wil
[Post edited 25 Apr 20:53]
Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 23:56 - Apr 25 with 729 viewsKeithHaynes

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 20:50 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Parkers demands are way beyond what the club can currently offer. Looks to me if we are going to offer players peanuts and we all know what you end up with then.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-news-wil
[Post edited 25 Apr 20:53]

He’s off then. Iwan Morgan having a word as well ?

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 10:23 - Apr 26 with 607 viewstheloneranger

Perhaps he should have a talk with Ben ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237515/Ben-Davies-sees-400-w

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 11:24 - Apr 26 with 547 viewsunion_jack

This sort of sums up the management philosophy at the club.

https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-comics-modern-day-office-work-chronicles-part-5

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sam Parker. Pay the lad a good wage. on 13:11 - Apr 26 with 484 viewsKeithHaynes

The crux is the Swans wanted him to sign a contract after two part appearances for the Swans. They offered him a contract and the players representatives asked for a lot more. The Swans said this is a standard contract and more for Parker. They wanted to negotiate, the Swans said no.

Got to fall down one the clubs side with this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024