Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ospreys new ground? 12:27 - May 23 with 11147 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://pembrokeshire-herald.com/93226/swansea-council-hopes-sports-ground-will-

Poll: what is more Exciting

The ospreys new ground? on 09:30 - Jun 8 with 1249 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 08:14 - Jun 8 by Whiterockin

There is no loan planned, it's all in your little fantasy world. Again as others say you are just making things up to seek attention.

I am speculating as to the future. Where is the money coming from?

This is a reasonable question. Glamorgan improved Sophia Gardens and defaulted on a loan.

Ospreys are looking for a free lunch.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The ospreys new ground? on 12:34 - Jun 8 with 1177 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 09:30 - Jun 8 by ReslovenSwan1

I am speculating as to the future. Where is the money coming from?

This is a reasonable question. Glamorgan improved Sophia Gardens and defaulted on a loan.

Ospreys are looking for a free lunch.

Quote from Ospreys chief executive Lance Bradley.

Bradley insists Ospreys owners Y11 Sports & Media would fund the project.

"We have to find a way of paying for it and we are able to take a long-term view of that because that's how our Y11 ownership group work," said Bradley.

"I have presented five-year business plans on the options to the group. The money will come from the Y11 ownership group, but what they would want to see is a return on that money over a period of time.

"We are not looking for outside money although if there were grants available because some of the usage would be public, we are exploring that option."

Again facts not unfounded speculation and fantasy thoughts. When facts are available why continually post rubish to seek attention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68769110
[Post edited 8 Jun 12:35]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The ospreys new ground? on 12:46 - Jun 8 with 1164 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 12:34 - Jun 8 by Whiterockin

Quote from Ospreys chief executive Lance Bradley.

Bradley insists Ospreys owners Y11 Sports & Media would fund the project.

"We have to find a way of paying for it and we are able to take a long-term view of that because that's how our Y11 ownership group work," said Bradley.

"I have presented five-year business plans on the options to the group. The money will come from the Y11 ownership group, but what they would want to see is a return on that money over a period of time.

"We are not looking for outside money although if there were grants available because some of the usage would be public, we are exploring that option."

Again facts not unfounded speculation and fantasy thoughts. When facts are available why continually post rubish to seek attention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68769110
[Post edited 8 Jun 12:35]

Careful Whitey, you'll be accused of having and agenda and being a member of the forums sub union group wanting to shut down free speech.

Easy to look at others to blame, rather than think that the actual truth lies closer to home, its called self denial and arrogance, not a great traits to have, in my humble opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The ospreys new ground? on 13:30 - Jun 8 with 1136 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 23:30 - Jun 7 by ReslovenSwan1

No idea. If they move to St Helens they like Glamorgan could take a loan of the Council. Glamorgan did not pay their loan back and the rate payers were fleeced for at least £2m.

The ratepayers should be consulted.

The move away from the Swansea.com will leave another black hole to be filled. Synergies that exist at present will be lost.

The reinstatement of the old Mumbles tram would be a far better investment.

Now you're predicitng that nt only will they borrow public money but that they will default on the loan, hytserical.

There is no synergy, there is no cumuative gain because the ospreys are losing money.

The reinstatement of the Mumbles train is actually a nie idea but would cost many times more than a move to St Helens. They'd have to buy all the land including houses and then knock them down. They'd have to widen roads, lay tracks and rebuild stations then buy the rolling stock. You could be looking at over a billion quid for all that. It makes 15-20 million for St Helens look a real bargain. Specially as they'll borrow it off their owners.
The ospreys new ground? on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 1098 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 12:46 - Jun 8 by max936

Careful Whitey, you'll be accused of having and agenda and being a member of the forums sub union group wanting to shut down free speech.

Easy to look at others to blame, rather than think that the actual truth lies closer to home, its called self denial and arrogance, not a great traits to have, in my humble opinion.

How can someone have an agenda when someone posts rubbish and it is then corrected. Attention seeking WUM's need to have facts pointed out to them when they are wrong.

The ospreys new ground? on 15:10 - Jun 8 with 1062 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 14:40 - Jun 8 by Whiterockin

How can someone have an agenda when someone posts rubbish and it is then corrected. Attention seeking WUM's need to have facts pointed out to them when they are wrong.

Exactly, I know WUM's exist, but its a great pity that they exist on this forum, Dimi lives on

The ospreys new ground? on 18:02 - Jun 8 with 964 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 15:10 - Jun 8 by max936

Exactly, I know WUM's exist, but its a great pity that they exist on this forum, Dimi lives on

Understand these facts.

Everything Ospreys need is at the Swansea.com stadium. Ticketing, club shop, hospitality suites, parking, local ale, house shopping facilities and restaurants . If they cannot afford it they can renegotiate.

The ratepayers will probably have to pick up the tab.

It is not the job of the ratepayer to create for the Ospreys an 'atmosphere' they cannot generate with good rugby at the Swansea.com. The product is the problem not the stadium.

Is it true or not that there are more pressing and important matters for the rate payer to deal with.

It is a great pity that not all posters agree with you and your little clique of second city moaners.

The ospreys new ground? on 22:36 - Jun 8 with 876 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 18:02 - Jun 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Understand these facts.

Everything Ospreys need is at the Swansea.com stadium. Ticketing, club shop, hospitality suites, parking, local ale, house shopping facilities and restaurants . If they cannot afford it they can renegotiate.

The ratepayers will probably have to pick up the tab.

It is not the job of the ratepayer to create for the Ospreys an 'atmosphere' they cannot generate with good rugby at the Swansea.com. The product is the problem not the stadium.

Is it true or not that there are more pressing and important matters for the rate payer to deal with.

It is a great pity that not all posters agree with you and your little clique of second city moaners.

What a load of twaddle, for the O's to stay at the Swansea.com the swans would have to pay them. Their income doesn't cover the bills, they are losing money which is a point you steadfastly refuse to accept.

Any business losing money has to make changes or face going under. The ospreys cannot afford to remain in the football stadium because it will break them.

As ponted out to you, the ratepayer won't be paying for anything, the Ospreys ownership group will probably make a loan and expect a return.

Yes to that though you seem to have a different idea when it CWL airport.

"Second city moaners"...that's hysterical, calling it a clique is absurd. Do you think we all meet up to discuss putting you down? That's just paranoia becase so many disagree with you and very few support your assumptions, fake facts and outright fictions.
Login to get fewer ads

The ospreys new ground? on 23:34 - Jun 8 with 842 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 22:36 - Jun 8 by SullutaCreturned

What a load of twaddle, for the O's to stay at the Swansea.com the swans would have to pay them. Their income doesn't cover the bills, they are losing money which is a point you steadfastly refuse to accept.

Any business losing money has to make changes or face going under. The ospreys cannot afford to remain in the football stadium because it will break them.

As ponted out to you, the ratepayer won't be paying for anything, the Ospreys ownership group will probably make a loan and expect a return.

Yes to that though you seem to have a different idea when it CWL airport.

"Second city moaners"...that's hysterical, calling it a clique is absurd. Do you think we all meet up to discuss putting you down? That's just paranoia becase so many disagree with you and very few support your assumptions, fake facts and outright fictions.

The guy is thick as mince, he continually proves the point.

The ospreys new ground? on 23:54 - Jun 8 with 824 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 23:34 - Jun 8 by max936

100% correct. I posted the opinion by the owners of the Ospreys that attendance money alone is not enough and they need other income streams. This is only available if they own their own ground. Completely ignored by the troll because it doesn't fit his agenda. It's only to be expected when you converce with people with a far greater knowledge of a subject.

The ospreys new ground? on 23:57 - Jun 8 with 813 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 23:34 - Jun 8 by max936

The council need to spend perhaps upto £10m to give the Ospreys a more "comfortable" playing environment which would see SCFC lose money.

Swansea city at the same time lose 20-30 playing days at the stadium they run. There are much better things for the Council to do.

Do you support SCFC or the Ospreys?

There has already been talk of shutting down the shrinking Ospreys who Swansea people do not support. If that happens St Helens would be a big white elephant on the seafront for visitors to laugh at.

I give you a debate and you turn personal. Learn to debate and make yourself a better person.

The ospreys new ground? on 00:00 - Jun 9 with 814 viewsmax936

The ospreys new ground? on 23:54 - Jun 8 by Whiterockin

100% correct. I posted the opinion by the owners of the Ospreys that attendance money alone is not enough and they need other income streams. This is only available if they own their own ground. Completely ignored by the troll because it doesn't fit his agenda. It's only to be expected when you converce with people with a far greater knowledge of a subject.

Not worth the effort of replying, probably laughing at the fact that he's got so many of us paying attention to him.

He's one sad man and so are we for replying, no more from me!

The ospreys new ground? on 11:53 - Jun 9 with 739 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 00:00 - Jun 9 by max936

Not worth the effort of replying, probably laughing at the fact that he's got so many of us paying attention to him.

He's one sad man and so are we for replying, no more from me!

Why is suggesting that giving Ospreys up to £10m of ratepayers money iis unwise, in anyway offensive?. I pointed out to you Glamorgan, former users of St Helens, defaulted on a £4m loan.

They are a skint organization with a poor product. They want a free lunch. I prefer £10m on the Mumbles tram monorail if still feasible.
[Post edited 9 Jun 11:54]

The ospreys new ground? on 19:27 - Jun 10 with 596 viewsSullutaCreturned

The ospreys new ground? on 11:53 - Jun 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Why is suggesting that giving Ospreys up to £10m of ratepayers money iis unwise, in anyway offensive?. I pointed out to you Glamorgan, former users of St Helens, defaulted on a £4m loan.

They are a skint organization with a poor product. They want a free lunch. I prefer £10m on the Mumbles tram monorail if still feasible.

And you suggested that because the cricket had defaulted it meant the rugby would too, dangerous territory that.

They haven't asked for a free lunch, you just made that up and that is also dangerous territory. Some would call it a lie, unless you have proof they want a new ground for nothing?

The Mumbles train is gone and it won't return, it is far too expensive and while I believe it would pay for itself there is always a chance it would be a very epensive failure as people prefer their cars to public transport. It is at least 30 times more expensive than 10 million for St Helens, a much greater risk.
The ospreys new ground? on 20:31 - Jun 10 with 556 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 19:27 - Jun 10 by SullutaCreturned

And you suggested that because the cricket had defaulted it meant the rugby would too, dangerous territory that.

They haven't asked for a free lunch, you just made that up and that is also dangerous territory. Some would call it a lie, unless you have proof they want a new ground for nothing?

The Mumbles train is gone and it won't return, it is far too expensive and while I believe it would pay for itself there is always a chance it would be a very epensive failure as people prefer their cars to public transport. It is at least 30 times more expensive than 10 million for St Helens, a much greater risk.

Someone suggested the works on St Helens would cost around £10m. This is unaffordable for the Ospreys I would think. They want someone else to pay it. The business model would be interesting. Find £10m in repayment after moving to a stadium with LESS fans LESS hospitality LESS synergies and more costs.

I suppose they could use projections with capacity 10,000. But then if they had 10,000 + they would be cracking atmosphere at the Swansea .com which seem to be the main reason for moving.

What if they default on their loan / grant like Glamorgan. Would Swansea council a make them bankrupt. The ratepayer might see much of that loan written off like Glamorgan did.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-31964175

[Post edited 10 Jun 20:38]

The ospreys new ground? on 20:51 - Jun 10 with 534 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 20:31 - Jun 10 by ReslovenSwan1

Someone suggested the works on St Helens would cost around £10m. This is unaffordable for the Ospreys I would think. They want someone else to pay it. The business model would be interesting. Find £10m in repayment after moving to a stadium with LESS fans LESS hospitality LESS synergies and more costs.

I suppose they could use projections with capacity 10,000. But then if they had 10,000 + they would be cracking atmosphere at the Swansea .com which seem to be the main reason for moving.

What if they default on their loan / grant like Glamorgan. Would Swansea council a make them bankrupt. The ratepayer might see much of that loan written off like Glamorgan did.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-31964175

[Post edited 10 Jun 20:38]

Read and digest and you will understand where the money is coming from. No speculation or fantasy just plain old fashioned fact. You don't seem to understand the wealth or business model of the current Ospreys ownership.

Ospreys new home decision in May - Bradley - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68769110

The ospreys new ground? on 00:02 - Jun 11 with 468 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s still pretty much unexplained (to me) unless I missed it how much the Swans put in on behalf of the Ospreys currently. Because the rugby club couldn’t survive there alone.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The ospreys new ground? on 00:32 - Jun 11 with 459 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 20:51 - Jun 10 by Whiterockin

Read and digest and you will understand where the money is coming from. No speculation or fantasy just plain old fashioned fact. You don't seem to understand the wealth or business model of the current Ospreys ownership.

Ospreys new home decision in May - Bradley - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/68769110

It is good if they can pay for it themselves but seemingly they themselves are looking for funding.

{"We have to find a way of paying for it and we are able to take a long-term view of that because that's how our Y11 ownership group work," said Bradley.]

and ... ...... they would want to see is a return on that money over a period of time.}

A mighty tall order. All within 15 months.

The ospreys new ground? on 06:22 - Jun 11 with 441 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 00:32 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

It is good if they can pay for it themselves but seemingly they themselves are looking for funding.

{"We have to find a way of paying for it and we are able to take a long-term view of that because that's how our Y11 ownership group work," said Bradley.]

and ... ...... they would want to see is a return on that money over a period of time.}

A mighty tall order. All within 15 months.

Clearly you don't want to read facts. Self funding from their ownership over 5 years not 15 months. The main reason for the move is they can not afford to survive on 5,000 crowds and need income from other uses of a stadium. This was available to the Ospreys prior to Swansea City taking over the lease but it is not available now. The Swansea.Com stadium generates money apart from matchday, go down there any day of the week and there are meetings and conferences going on, last week's concert alone generated nearly £3M in ticket sales without the food, drink and concessions, the Ospreys want some of that from their own stadium.

The ospreys new ground? on 13:30 - Jun 11 with 325 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 06:22 - Jun 11 by Whiterockin

Clearly you don't want to read facts. Self funding from their ownership over 5 years not 15 months. The main reason for the move is they can not afford to survive on 5,000 crowds and need income from other uses of a stadium. This was available to the Ospreys prior to Swansea City taking over the lease but it is not available now. The Swansea.Com stadium generates money apart from matchday, go down there any day of the week and there are meetings and conferences going on, last week's concert alone generated nearly £3M in ticket sales without the food, drink and concessions, the Ospreys want some of that from their own stadium.

St Helens is bad for Swansea city. Swansea fans with their catastrophic running of the Trust have form.

St Helens will be in direct completion with Swansea .com for some concerts and events on top of the loss of weekly income.

The debt whether it be on the rugby team or the owners will be debt needing paying back. So how exactly will the Ospreys find £2m a season over 5 years..

The business plans must include a significantly increase fan engagement and attendence. Cardiff Rugby gave up the Blues name during Covid. They could lose the original Neath fans if not careful as the club moves further into the city and away from Neath

The ospreys new ground? on 13:54 - Jun 11 with 321 viewsraynor94

The ospreys new ground? on 11:53 - Jun 9 by ReslovenSwan1

Ratepayers? Do you actually live in Swansea?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The ospreys new ground? on 13:59 - Jun 11 with 318 viewsScotia

The ospreys new ground? on 13:30 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

St Helens is bad for Swansea city. Swansea fans with their catastrophic running of the Trust have form.

St Helens will be in direct completion with Swansea .com for some concerts and events on top of the loss of weekly income.

The debt whether it be on the rugby team or the owners will be debt needing paying back. So how exactly will the Ospreys find £2m a season over 5 years..

The business plans must include a significantly increase fan engagement and attendence. Cardiff Rugby gave up the Blues name during Covid. They could lose the original Neath fans if not careful as the club moves further into the city and away from Neath

I'd suggest it would be more competion (or actually replace) events in Singleton park rather than the Swansea.com stadium. It would be a better venue and not restrict access to what is a public facility. There are large scale outdoor 3 events in Singleton park this year compared to one in the Swansea.com

St Helens would be a lot closer to Neath than Bridgend which is the only other viable option now that Neath have ruled themselves out. Of course that would alienate the Swansea based Osprey fans aswell as Neath ones before you consider that a Bridgend based region has already failed.
The ospreys new ground? on 14:00 - Jun 11 with 317 viewsonehunglow

The ospreys new ground? on 13:30 - Jun 11 by ReslovenSwan1

St Helens is an iconic ,world wide renowned place where all the visiting touring teams were beaten
In c rocket, Australian beaten twice

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The ospreys new ground? on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 287 viewsWhiterockin

The ospreys new ground? on 14:00 - Jun 11 by onehunglow

St Helens is an iconic ,world wide renowned place where all the visiting touring teams were beaten
In c rocket, Australian beaten twice

You are right about it being iconic, not only world wide but also to the residents of Swansea. Rugby is not my game and I've never watched the Ospreys at the stadium, but to be honest if they started playing at St Helens I would be tempted to give it ago.

The ospreys new ground? on 16:08 - Jun 11 with 243 viewsReslovenSwan1

The ospreys new ground? on 14:41 - Jun 11 by Whiterockin

You are right about it being iconic, not only world wide but also to the residents of Swansea. Rugby is not my game and I've never watched the Ospreys at the stadium, but to be honest if they started playing at St Helens I would be tempted to give it ago.

I remember when the Liberty was a novelty and full on occasions for the rugby. I saw 19,000 v the Wasps. Williams Henson Phillips Hook Tiatia Marshall etc

I wore off. The stadium needs to be ready in 15 months and the debt paid off in 60 months. Bigger crowds from fans who are notoriously fickle. Perhaps "Swansea Rugby" is coming.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024