Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ 17:16 - May 26 with 4654 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well done Russy.

What is your message to him and Southampton ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Poll: what is more Exciting

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 10:23 - May 27 with 1340 viewsonehunglow

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 09:57 - May 27 by SgorioFruit

Cooper for one.

Never forgiven him for not seizing a great chance to go back up.
It could have been huge

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 12:03 - May 27 with 1276 viewsWhiterockin

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 09:57 - May 27 by SgorioFruit

Cooper for one.

Duff for another, he just didn't get it.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 12:40 - May 27 with 1242 viewsjack247

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 09:51 - May 27 by onehunglow

To me a Jack is a Swansea man .
Itโ€™s morphed into being a swans fan .
I donโ€™t see any manager as being โ€œ Jackโ€ especially the likes of Martin

People from Swansea who support PL teams, or have no interest in football are not Jacks to me. That may have been the case in the past.

With players and managers, itโ€™s subjective. I wouldnโ€™t class Martin as a Jack either. I would, Britton, Trundle, Rangel, Cornforth, Freestone and plenty of others who werenโ€™t born and bred here. There was certainly a time Iโ€™d have put Martinez in that category.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 14:13 - May 27 with 1173 viewsheatwave

Well done to him. Yes he had a good squad. However many managers can fail with a good squad. I disliked his football here not him. He does look from the way they defended yesterday he has learnt that you cannot play every game the same.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 14:19 - May 27 with 1160 viewsWhiterockin

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 14:13 - May 27 by heatwave

Well done to him. Yes he had a good squad. However many managers can fail with a good squad. I disliked his football here not him. He does look from the way they defended yesterday he has learnt that you cannot play every game the same.

Personally I would say Leeds had the better squad and failed to go up. Which backs up your point, others may disagree.

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 14:46 - May 27 with 1119 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 02:34 - May 27 by RhonddaSwans

Happy for Russ, manning and Flynn Downes
I wish Russ well or does once a Jack ALWAYS a Jack Mean nothing?
That Leeds side will be way weaker next season.

Ah well season over there is only one team we all care about really.
Southampton will struggle next year ๐Ÿ˜
[Post edited 27 May 2:36]

It takes a lot more to be a jack than 2 bang average seasons. Unless you are born here.

Being an employee of the club doesn't automatically make you a jack unless you have gone above and beyond like Curt, Leon or Rangel.

Martin was never a Jack he was jst our manager for a short while. Well done for their promotion but honestly, Martin is nothing to me now.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 15:14 - May 27 with 1083 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 14:46 - May 27 by SullutaCreturned

It takes a lot more to be a jack than 2 bang average seasons. Unless you are born here.

Being an employee of the club doesn't automatically make you a jack unless you have gone above and beyond like Curt, Leon or Rangel.

Martin was never a Jack he was jst our manager for a short while. Well done for their promotion but honestly, Martin is nothing to me now.

A bloke who did an ok job brought in Downes who the club mafe good money on. Three seasons in the teams should be demons of the possession game. It is still work in progress.

Another bloke would did not fulfill his contractual obligations and pay his debt in full.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 15:56 - May 27 with 1047 viewsonehunglow

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 12:40 - May 27 by jack247

People from Swansea who support PL teams, or have no interest in football are not Jacks to me. That may have been the case in the past.

With players and managers, itโ€™s subjective. I wouldnโ€™t class Martin as a Jack either. I would, Britton, Trundle, Rangel, Cornforth, Freestone and plenty of others who werenโ€™t born and bred here. There was certainly a time Iโ€™d have put Martinez in that category.

As Zi say,the term has evolved
Jacks are Swansea people or at least they were
Llanelli fans of oursโ€ฆdo they call themselves Jacks when out in Turk town ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 16:53 - May 27 with 988 viewsjack247

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 15:56 - May 27 by onehunglow

As Zi say,the term has evolved
Jacks are Swansea people or at least they were
Llanelli fans of oursโ€ฆdo they call themselves Jacks when out in Turk town ?

Iโ€™m not sure about our Llanelli fans, but the term has definitely evolved. Itโ€™s not the birthright it was in the past.

The only people I know who refer to everyone from Swansea as Jacks, donโ€™t live here.

I agree on Russell Martin. Players who get really invested in the city, yes. Especially those who retire here. For most players and managers, itโ€™s just transitional.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 16:57 - May 27 with 980 viewsWhiterockin

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 16:53 - May 27 by jack247

Iโ€™m not sure about our Llanelli fans, but the term has definitely evolved. Itโ€™s not the birthright it was in the past.

The only people I know who refer to everyone from Swansea as Jacks, donโ€™t live here.

I agree on Russell Martin. Players who get really invested in the city, yes. Especially those who retire here. For most players and managers, itโ€™s just transitional.

I'm sure I heard RM called a jack b****** by the supporters on many occasions.

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 17:03 - May 27 with 954 viewsjack247

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 16:57 - May 27 by Whiterockin

I'm sure I heard RM called a jack b****** by the supporters on many occasions.

Yeah when he was our manager. Bob Bradley and Duff aside, youโ€™d have heard that chant for all of our managers. Even Cooper occasionally.

You donโ€™t hear many people (apart from Cardiff fans) calling Martin that now.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 18:30 - May 27 with 894 viewsonehunglow

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 16:53 - May 27 by jack247

Birthright indeed
Thatโ€™s the origin for me .
Martin is the least worthy of that epithet

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 19:59 - May 27 with 837 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 00:12 - May 27 by KeithHaynes

Just mentioning that Cooper was sacked, as was Martin.
Weโ€™ve reported enough on here from sources who have told us this as fact.

Cooper asked for a pay raise and money to spend after reaching two play offs. He was refused. He stated he couldnโ€™t do his job then and Swansea said then you have to go. They paid him off.

In Martinโ€™s case without any of the usual personal stuff, he is saying he was constructively dismissed. Thatโ€™s a sacking. How it turns out is a matter of time. Who acquiesces and how the law concludes it neither of us will ever know.

Both had proven they were moving in the right direction. Cooper easily, Martin finishing just three points off the play offs.

You can have an opinion on the players, the system, and personal belief. But this shower cleverly manipulated their leaving. And now both have taken their next teams in to the premier league. It doesnโ€™t matter what people think of them personally, you have to deal with facts. And that is what they are.

This is not how I see thing at all. Martin according to the press was due to fly to the USA for talks on an extension.

Forest paid Swansea compensation to Swansea for Cooper who was doing Swansea's pre season to help out the club as he wanted to go. Relations were cool but not so bad Cooper walked out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12410747/steve-cooper-nottingham-f

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 20:34 - May 27 with 803 viewsQJumpingJack

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 19:59 - May 27 by ReslovenSwan1

This is not how I see thing at all. Martin according to the press was due to fly to the USA for talks on an extension.

Forest paid Swansea compensation to Swansea for Cooper who was doing Swansea's pre season to help out the club as he wanted to go. Relations were cool but not so bad Cooper walked out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12410747/steve-cooper-nottingham-f

maybe he was being called to the US to be fired and got wind so decided not to fly?
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 21:06 - May 27 with 773 viewsGixerJack

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 20:34 - May 27 by QJumpingJack

maybe he was being called to the US to be fired and got wind so decided not to fly?

Why wouldnโ€™t he? because it would then just be dismissal, nothing constructive about it, he could have gone to Disney World whilst he was there
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 21:16 - May 27 with 751 viewsjack247

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 19:59 - May 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper โ€˜decided to leave the clubโ€™ in pre-season. He was appointed at Forest two months later after Hughton had a nightmare start to the season.

He and Forest wouldnโ€™t have been on each others radars when he left us, no one expected Hughton to do so badly with a squad like that.

He did walk out.
The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 21:31 - May 27 with 726 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper was still on the payroll but not doing any work. Forest had to pay compensation because he was still an employee. He was relieved of his duties but the club did not wish to pay him off, compensation was a fantastic result for the club.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/steve-cooper-nottingham-forest-mana

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 22:25 - May 27 with 667 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 21:31 - May 27 by Whiterockin

Cooper was still on the payroll but not doing any work. Forest had to pay compensation because he was still an employee. He was relieved of his duties but the club did not wish to pay him off, compensation was a fantastic result for the club.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/steve-cooper-nottingham-forest-mana

Keith says he was sacked but he was not. He most probably stated he did not want to continue and from what i recall agreed to take the pre season until the club found a new manager.

The club probably told him he would have a small transfer budget s the parachutes had finished. He probably felt he deserved a bumper pay rise and knew teams like Palace were monitoring his situation. The Owners told him he had to fulfill his contract but agreed in the end to let him go and search for a new boss. Swansea used Coopers compo to pay off MK Dons.

Swansea did not sign Martin and then not pay MK Dons in full and force MK Dons to sue Martin as far as I know.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-steve-cooper-leaves-swansea-city
[Post edited 27 May 22:27]

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 06:36 - May 28 with 587 viewsWhiterockin

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 22:25 - May 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Keith says he was sacked but he was not. He most probably stated he did not want to continue and from what i recall agreed to take the pre season until the club found a new manager.

The club probably told him he would have a small transfer budget s the parachutes had finished. He probably felt he deserved a bumper pay rise and knew teams like Palace were monitoring his situation. The Owners told him he had to fulfill his contract but agreed in the end to let him go and search for a new boss. Swansea used Coopers compo to pay off MK Dons.

Swansea did not sign Martin and then not pay MK Dons in full and force MK Dons to sue Martin as far as I know.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-steve-cooper-leaves-swansea-city

Why can you not just accept the facts. Cooper wanted an new contract with much higher wages than the club were prefered to pay, this was before the play off final. Both sides were way off in their valuation of the new contract so Cooper said he would see out his his contract and not sign another unless the terms were closer to what he wanted. The club did not want to continue with Cooper as manager after that exchange. Rumors got out and Cooper publicly stated that he was happy to remain at the club. The club knew other clubs were interested in Cooper so would not sack him and pay him off as they wanted compensation. It was mutually agreed that Cooper would go on gardening leave and have no longer be coaching at the club. The statement you put up says " Swansea City can confirm that head coach Steve Cooper has decided to leave the club." He had an ultimatum, sign the new contract or leave, he would not sign. The club orchestrated his departure because without this they could not legally employ a new manager/coach. Cooper was officially relieved of his duties on July 21st and Martin joined the club on August 1st. Cooper joined Forest on September 21st after the clubs agreeing compensation. In this case the club made an excellent job of managing the situation.

The club relieved him of his duties, sacked him, but continued to pay his wages until they received compensation from another club. If the club had sacked him and paid him off they would not have received the compensation. If Cooper had just walked he would have received no pay until he found another job. Simple facts really and not too difficult to understand.

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 08:05 - May 28 with 553 viewsjackrmee

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 17:55 - May 26 by johnlangy

I know. Let's go for the treble. Let's get rid of Luke this Summer so that he can get a job elsewhere and lead them to the PL similar to Steve and Russ.

Yeah, I think another season or 2 and we will be challenging at the top of the league. Need to get rid of LW ASAP

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 08:06 - May 28 with 553 viewsjackrmee

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 19:54 - May 26 by Whiterockin

When you look at the managers we have had since relegation and the success they have gone on to achieve. You have to ask, do our owners really want us to get promoted.
[Post edited 26 May 20:28]

Or are they really just THAT incompetent ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 08:11 - May 28 with 553 viewsjackrmee

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 02:34 - May 27 by RhonddaSwans

Happy for Russ, manning and Flynn Downes
I wish Russ well or does once a Jack ALWAYS a Jack Mean nothing?
That Leeds side will be way weaker next season.

Ah well season over there is only one team we all care about really.
Southampton will struggle next year ๐Ÿ˜
[Post edited 27 May 2:36]

Well said mate. Once a Jack always a Jack! Good luck the boys.
Shame Piroe didnโ€™t earn us this year. Maybe next year coming up with us ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 08:12 - May 28 with 553 viewsjackrmee

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 09:51 - May 27 by onehunglow

To me a Jack is a Swansea man .
Itโ€™s morphed into being a swans fan .
I donโ€™t see any manager as being โ€œ Jackโ€ especially the likes of Martin

Things get morphed these days.
Martin is a Jack

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 08:15 - May 28 with 550 viewsjackrmee

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 12:40 - May 27 by jack247

Martin embraced Jackness more than most. Also tried to get it throughout the players and club.
He was more of a Jack in one season than many have turned out to be, including Cooper.

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 10:29 - May 28 with 469 viewsKeithHaynes

The Congratulations Russell Martin thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ on 22:25 - May 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper was told he had no pay rise and no money before he left. We reported a full exclusive that nobody else did based on a source that is impeccable in this particular situation. People can choose to believe what they want, but below is the full details.

That info couldnโ€™t have been better sourced. If you look here. We even reported details of his meeting with Winter and Levien two days before it happened and then the outcome before it was reported by any other outlet. and it all came true.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55149/steve-cooper-will-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57684/steve-cooper-and-%

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55295/grave-concern-for-

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024