Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's 23:24 - Sep 27 with 4078 viewsdurham_exile

It’s 3rd versus 11th at the Poundland Bescot tomorrow with arguable our most challenging game of the season so far. Mat Sadler lines his Saddlers up against DC and his Super U’s in a televised game on Sky Sports+ with an early 1230pm kick off.

Last season I went to the Bescot and it was a piece of individual brilliance that won the game for Walsall. Isaac Hutchinson has since moved on to Bristol Rovers where he signed a three-year deal. The Gas have a very fine player.

However, so do we with a more settled team now playing with a degree of verve and considerable skill.

The Bristol Rovers connection is deeper than this however with Samson Tovide and Lyle Taylor starting to remind those of us with older footballing memories of that Bristol Rovers pairing Bruce Bannister and Alan Warboys.

Between 1971 and 1976 Bannister scored 80 goals in 206 appearances and Warboys scored 53 goals in 144 appearances for the Gas.

OK I hear you say but Tovide with 2 goals and Taylor with 3 goals have not even scored five goals each this season (but I believe they are capable of 20 goals each) and would be the first Colchester players since Jamie Cureton to score more than 20 goals in a single season.

I suggested as much last season with another Taylor and our own Tovide but injury and a recall to Luton Town and onward loan to Lincoln put paid to that dream.

There is a real partnership and camaraderie between T and T (TNT perhaps) which is reinforced by the pacy Owura Edwards as a fearsome front three.

The games against Accrington, Morecambe and Tranmere have all evoked memories of a potentially explosive pairing and I am firmly of the belief that if they remain fit (Taylor) and red card free (Tovide) then why can’t they produce a superb attacking partnership which nets goals.

Tovide works so very hard and his runs down the left side and the ability to find Taylor, the archetypal goal poacher who is lethal in and around the six-yard box, have the makings of a great pairing in front of goal.

The perfect accompaniment of course is a now fully fit Owura Edwards with 2 goals so far. His pace at Accrington was frightening for their right back and this was adequately reinforced in the other two games.

Anyway, enough of our forwards. The big question remains DC and his inability to play Read, Payne, Bishop and Woodyard together in midfield. It is a difficult dilemma because Egbo is having a great run in the team and that might be the clue to the reason that Arthur Read doesn’t start in games.

Similarly at the back Goodliffe, Flanagan and Iandolo have the back three nailed down but then we have Kells and young Donnelly banging on the door for starts.

All of this suggest to me that DC is unlikely to make many if any changes to a winning side. Walsall as I mentioned offer a challenge but in fairness they played midweek and narrowly lost to Leicester City on penalties after perhaps shading the 90 minutes.

So, I reckon DC will play:

Macey

Goodliffe Flanagan Iandolo

Egbo Payne Bishop Woodyard

Tovide Taylor Edwards

Subs:
Smith Kells Donnelly Hunt Gordon Read Scully

Weather in Walsall tomorrow will be 11 degrees Celsius with sunny intervals and a gentle breeze.

I reckon the game will be a classic with a Colchester victory by 3-2. Tovide, Taylor and Edwards all on the score sheet.

I will not be travelling tomorrow, instead I will watch via Sky Sports+. I am due to go to Fleetwood but that is likely to be a rearranged Tuesday night game.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Three points will move us closer to the top seven which has to be the first objective this season.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 08:59 - Sep 28 with 2535 viewswessex_exile

Slightly peeved about the early kick-off as trips to the Bescot are usually on my list of awaydays, but after being out at a function yesterday evening, I wasn’t hardcore enough for the stupid o’clock start this morning. Like you, I’ll be streaming the Sky Sports broadcast, which presumably will be a notch above the usual, given this is a featured game? A great opportunity for TnT to show what they’re made of, but it’ll be a tough game I reckon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 10:54 - Sep 28 with 2482 viewsRSCOSWORTH

We’ve won just twice in the league, against MK and Tranmere.

Walsall have lost just twice in the league, against MK and Tranmere.

Weird!

Nailed on win for us then.

Up the U’s!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 11:37 - Sep 28 with 2456 viewsDaniel

A month Now TV pass looks good value for the U's this next month as 4 games will be on Sky Sports +

Walsall today, Port Vale on Tuesday, Orient in the car sales cup and Salford at home all due to be broadcast.
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 11:38 - Sep 28 with 2452 viewsdurham_exile

As suggested unchanged today.

Macey
Tovide Taylor Edwards

Subs
Smith Kells Gordon Read Scully Hunt Donnelly

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 2383 viewswessex_exile

Good solid start so far, great support too. Interestingly we appear to have a sock clash?

Up the U's

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 2383 viewsgerry_us

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 11:38 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

As suggested unchanged today.

Macey
Tovide Taylor Edwards

Subs
Smith Kells Gordon Read Scully Hunt Donnelly

Up the U's

Obviously reads your post
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 12:42 - Sep 28 with 2383 viewsdurham_exile

Encouraging and positive start.

Series of free kicks and corners.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 12:47 - Sep 28 with 2362 viewsdurham_exile

Stupid booking for Taylor then.

Come on we're better than that.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:12 - Sep 28 with 2326 viewsdurham_exile

Very disappointed to concede such a rout one goal.

Better team losing.

Come on

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:25 - Sep 28 with 2301 viewsBLACKCAT

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:12 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Very disappointed to concede such a rout one goal.

Better team losing.

Come on

Agreed, I've been impressed with the first-half showing. The goal seemed to be an amazing bit of skill by Jellis bringing down the ball over his head. He would probably have been unable to control it nine times out of ten.
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 2264 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:25 - Sep 28 by BLACKCAT

Agreed, I've been impressed with the first-half showing. The goal seemed to be an amazing bit of skill by Jellis bringing down the ball over his head. He would probably have been unable to control it nine times out of ten.

Yes he took it well.

I think Macey took a poor position which allowed Jellis the whole goal to score in.

We can most certainly get back into this game.

Arthur Read on for Bishop I think.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:45 - Sep 28 with 2232 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:32 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Yes he took it well.

I think Macey took a poor position which allowed Jellis the whole goal to score in.

We can most certainly get back into this game.

Arthur Read on for Bishop I think.

Edwards injured.

Good to see Scully on for the injured man.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:53 - Sep 28 with 2216 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:45 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Edwards injured.

Good to see Scully on for the injured man.

Up the U's

Take Bishop off and bring Arthur Read on

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:55 - Sep 28 with 2206 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:53 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Take Bishop off and bring Arthur Read on

Right now let's get the equaliser.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:01 - Sep 28 with 2181 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 13:55 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Right now let's get the equaliser.

Ref wants to get a grip of the time wasting.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:09 - Sep 28 with 2158 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:01 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Ref wants to get a grip of the time wasting.

Another soft goal.

So disappointed with that one too.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:12 - Sep 28 with 2139 viewsCrashBandicoot

We really need to attack now.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:15 - Sep 28 with 2133 viewsTheOldOakTree

Cracking tactics playing with no recognised forwards when you're 2-0 down.
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:21 - Sep 28 with 2110 viewsdurham_exile

3-0
Totally wasted opportunity today.

Disappointing result.
Second half not good enough.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:21 - Sep 28 with 2107 viewsTheOldOakTree

When we're up against it, we bring on Hunt and Gordon FFS.

No improvement from last year.
[Post edited 28 Sep 14:25]
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:22 - Sep 28 with 2102 viewswessex_exile

Oh dear

Up the U's

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:23 - Sep 28 with 2101 viewsdurham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:21 - Sep 28 by TheOldOakTree

When we're up against it, we bring on Hunt and Gordon FFS.

No improvement from last year.
[Post edited 28 Sep 14:25]

Never ever a 4-0 game.

Still we haven't been good enough in front of goal today.

Durham_exile

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:27 - Sep 28 with 2066 viewsCrashBandicoot

What a f**k**g joke. Screw football I'm done with it..

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:31 - Sep 28 with 2032 viewsDaniel

Score doesn't represent the game, but definitely shows which team took their chances! 😕
Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:46 - Sep 28 with 1934 viewsBLACKCAT

Saddle up for three points at the Bescot with DC and his Super U's on 14:23 - Sep 28 by durham_exile

Never ever a 4-0 game.

Still we haven't been good enough in front of goal today.

I thought the second Walsall goal was a very poor one to concede; and it was the crucial one of course. The Colchester full-back shouldn't have been bypassed so easily.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024