Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down 23:05 - Feb 21 with 4257 viewsNathanCAFC

For the first 10-15mins we were on top of you carving out chance after chance while you only had a few shots that we're either really really weak or the defence could easily clear after a bit of ping ball in the box. However after that period it was like a team of red Squirells playing a team of grey Squirells at a game of watching paint dry. It was that bad I almost fell asleep.

The second half started much better with us continuing to bombard your defence looking for an early goal. Your goal came against the run of play and was actually unexpected within the game. An error from Evina allowed Adams to get inside too easily and he was able to tee up Mr Bald Man Jones whos shot took a looping deflection and went in..if it wasn't for the deflection it would of been an easy save for Hamer.

After the restart we were the team on top again and deservedly got level after a foul by Long who was just about last man and should of recieved his marching orders instead of a yellow, but no. The free kick was a sublime one and one that was most deserved. More attacking followed and you we're lucky to be kept in it by the inept referee's decisions and your timewasting keeper.

It was clear to see that you came for a point as when in the final third at goal the player always went backwards and was afraid to shoot. All in all it was 2 points dropped against a team in the bottom 4 who we really should of beaten quite easily, however that isn't always the way.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:06 - Feb 21 with 3568 viewssandylaner1

u mad
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:07 - Feb 21 with 3563 viewsClivert

Still bitter about the taxi fare then I see!?!
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:11 - Feb 21 with 3536 viewsrich_dale

Or, if you prefer a more accurate and balanced report:

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~59533,00.html
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:12 - Feb 21 with 3525 viewsTVOS1907

That's how we sneaked a draw - Bald Man Jones and Bald Man Adams confused you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:14 - Feb 21 with 3512 viewsNathanCAFC

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:12 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

That's how we sneaked a draw - Bald Man Jones and Bald Man Adams confused you.

But I swear Adams was ginger?
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:17 - Feb 21 with 3492 viewsolympicdale

edit: was 3-2 not 2-2 as i thought
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:18 - Feb 21 with 3487 viewsNathanCAFC

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:17 - Feb 21 by olympicdale

edit: was 3-2 not 2-2 as i thought
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

3-2 win in September?
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:29 - Feb 21 with 3446 viewslove_the_dale

How kind of you to come on to our board!. How do the grapes taste? Sweet or sour? Remind me please - which side had 51% possession?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:38 - Feb 21 with 3420 viewssurb_dale

Yes we certainly were holding on slightly towards the end but it was hardly chance after chance at any point in the game and in the end a draw was a fair result.

Having seen Charlton both at Spotland and now at the Valley i dont think theyre anywhere near in the same class as Brighton and Saints were last season. Still having said that they should av enough quality in the squad to go up.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:41 - Feb 21 with 3399 viewsMoonyDale

And you wonder why southerners get a bad name......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:42 - Feb 21 with 3394 viewsNathanCAFC

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:41 - Feb 21 by MoonyDale

And you wonder why southerners get a bad name......

But as the song goes:

Go to the pub, drink 12 pints get absolutley plastered. Go back home, beat your wife, dirty northern ba$tards
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:47 - Feb 21 with 3369 viewsKenBoon

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:42 - Feb 21 by NathanCAFC

But as the song goes:

Go to the pub, drink 12 pints get absolutley plastered. Go back home, beat your wife, dirty northern ba$tards

ALL TOGETHER NOW... GO TO THE PUB, D...
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:48 - Feb 21 with 3368 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:42 - Feb 21 by NathanCAFC

But as the song goes:

Now,now Nathe......no need for that sort of retort??.

You seemed like a decent sort as well.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 3364 viewsD_Dale

But as the song goes:

Get off to bed, Nathan, or you'll be late for school in the morning.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 3360 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Not a very likely "match summary" to me.

Listened to the radio commentary and read the far more balanced opinions of other (sane) latic fans on your board and it seems the consensus is:

1. You had an off day
2. You were slow out of the blocks and we had the best of the early part of the game
3. We passed the ball for 90 mins
4. Our keeper kept us in it with a few excellent saves
5. You piled on the pressure and the end of the game
6. You didn't have a game plan that could deal with our 3 midfielders who can and did keep the ball for much of the game
7. You could and should have won the game but didn't

Now, does that sound like a reflection on a game between the Champions and the team that are "most likely to go down"? Doesn't to me. At this rate we'll be seeing you next year.

Nighty night.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 3359 viewsNathanCAFC

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:48 - Feb 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

Now,now Nathe......no need for that sort of retort??.

You seemed like a decent sort as well.

I was just making my point to him :p Or maybe I've just been to the shitholes of the north and not to the nice places where that don't happen?
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:52 - Feb 21 with 3353 viewsNathanCAFC

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:50 - Feb 21 by D_Dale

Get off to bed, Nathan, or you'll be late for school in the morning.

School was soo 4 years ago
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:55 - Feb 21 with 3330 viewsShun

I think the OP was tongue in cheek...
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 00:00 - Feb 22 with 3310 viewsNotEyreClue

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:55 - Feb 21 by Shun

I think the OP was tongue in cheek...

Sounds more like a pre-pubescent tantrum to me

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 00:30 - Feb 22 with 3266 viewsMoonyDale

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 00:00 - Feb 22 by NotEyreClue

Sounds more like a pre-pubescent tantrum to me

Or more likely the rantings of a soft a.r.s.e.d southern tvvat who'd find it difficult holding his own johnson whilst dribbling down his own leg.........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 00:41 - Feb 22 with 3248 viewsBlueDutch

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 00:30 - Feb 22 by MoonyDale

Or more likely the rantings of a soft a.r.s.e.d southern tvvat who'd find it difficult holding his own johnson whilst dribbling down his own leg.........

Took the words right out of my mouth!

upthedale.nl

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 03:16 - Feb 22 with 3180 viewsDale_Iain

Are you on a wind up Nathan or are you really that biased?

You were the better team in the end but there were large parts of the game where we were more than equal to you, we stopped you playing by keeping the ball so well.

Don't be so bitter, you're top of the league. Coming on here with the 'cocky big boy attitude' like Sheff Weds and the like have, you can't win every game, just accept that little old Rochdale actually played quite well against you.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 10:27 - Feb 22 with 2901 viewsBigKindo

Nathan what is the average lifespan of a pet cat in your household before you kick the innocent little moggy to death?
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 09:09 - Feb 23 with 2674 viewsfermin

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 23:50 - Feb 21 by dale_upon_tyne

Not a very likely "match summary" to me.

Listened to the radio commentary and read the far more balanced opinions of other (sane) latic fans on your board and it seems the consensus is:

1. You had an off day
2. You were slow out of the blocks and we had the best of the early part of the game
3. We passed the ball for 90 mins
4. Our keeper kept us in it with a few excellent saves
5. You piled on the pressure and the end of the game
6. You didn't have a game plan that could deal with our 3 midfielders who can and did keep the ball for much of the game
7. You could and should have won the game but didn't

Now, does that sound like a reflection on a game between the Champions and the team that are "most likely to go down"? Doesn't to me. At this rate we'll be seeing you next year.

Nighty night.

Personally, I thought that in the second half we gave the ball away far too easily either through misplaced passes, through aimless balls upfield, from our own throw-ins and giving them too many throw-ins in dangerous areas. We could not keep the ball in their half of the pitch to take the pressure off our defence. This is why we spent most of the second half trying to (and largely succeeding) keep them out. We barely threatened because we had no pace and could not play on the counter-attack - our goal came from the one occasion we left them flat-footed for once. Even then I thought Adams had fluffed it before it bobbled into the goal.

The first half was quite even and at times we did keep the ball well, but I am not sure whether or not that was because they were happy to let us pass it around our back four and the midfielders while they had a bit of a breather. However, we certainly had more attacking threat in the first half than the second.

Notwithstanding the fact that they are the league leaders we did not really put them under much pressure overall and their defence had a comfortable evening apart from the goal. I would agree that they were nowhere near as good as Brighton and Southampton were last season - both of them would have beaten us easily on Tuesday as they would have had more idea how to break us down than Charlton did. Charlton gave us a few scary moments, but in my opinion for a side clear at the top of League One they were rather lacking in creativity and flair.

All the above might make me out to be overly-negative, but I did think we worked very hard and deserved our point on the whole. It was a game that we would certainly have lost earlier in the season under different management as the defensive organisation would not have been there. I am certainly happy that if we do go down that we will now do so with a fight. I haven't heard the manager's comments on the game but I believe he is not going overboard about getting the point there, which I think is the right reaction to the performance on the night. Solid, professional but not spectacular.
Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 12:25 - Feb 23 with 2575 viewsDelboy

Match Summary: Almost L1 Champions v Team Most Likely To Go Down on 09:09 - Feb 23 by fermin

Personally, I thought that in the second half we gave the ball away far too easily either through misplaced passes, through aimless balls upfield, from our own throw-ins and giving them too many throw-ins in dangerous areas. We could not keep the ball in their half of the pitch to take the pressure off our defence. This is why we spent most of the second half trying to (and largely succeeding) keep them out. We barely threatened because we had no pace and could not play on the counter-attack - our goal came from the one occasion we left them flat-footed for once. Even then I thought Adams had fluffed it before it bobbled into the goal.

The first half was quite even and at times we did keep the ball well, but I am not sure whether or not that was because they were happy to let us pass it around our back four and the midfielders while they had a bit of a breather. However, we certainly had more attacking threat in the first half than the second.

Notwithstanding the fact that they are the league leaders we did not really put them under much pressure overall and their defence had a comfortable evening apart from the goal. I would agree that they were nowhere near as good as Brighton and Southampton were last season - both of them would have beaten us easily on Tuesday as they would have had more idea how to break us down than Charlton did. Charlton gave us a few scary moments, but in my opinion for a side clear at the top of League One they were rather lacking in creativity and flair.

All the above might make me out to be overly-negative, but I did think we worked very hard and deserved our point on the whole. It was a game that we would certainly have lost earlier in the season under different management as the defensive organisation would not have been there. I am certainly happy that if we do go down that we will now do so with a fight. I haven't heard the manager's comments on the game but I believe he is not going overboard about getting the point there, which I think is the right reaction to the performance on the night. Solid, professional but not spectacular.

Spectactular is a luxury.
If we dont achieve spectacular in individual games for the rest of the season I wont be bothered as long as we remain solid and professional and show the same commitment as we have shown recently.
To avoid going down would be a spectacular achievement in itself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024