Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
owen coyle sacked 11:09 - Oct 9 with 1657 viewswombat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19869286

Poll: which is your favouite foot

owen coyle sacked on 11:20 - Oct 9 with 1626 viewsbarbicanranger

yeah Garty and the owner were supposed to be having a meeting today. "britian's next top manager" comes to an end.
owen coyle sacked on 11:23 - Oct 9 with 1611 viewsbosh67

Strange thing is I think he's quite a good manager but he does lose a lot of games in much the same way that Hughes does, by consistently changing things around.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

owen coyle sacked on 11:28 - Oct 9 with 1585 viewsthisismyengland

#qprsfault

www.thisismyengland.blogspot.com

owen coyle sacked on 12:34 - Oct 9 with 1466 viewsTGRRRSSS

owen coyle sacked on 12:38 - Oct 9 with 1452 viewsTacticalR

This is probably due to desperation to get back to the Premiership quickly rather anything else. Whether it will work or not is another matter.

Air hostess clique

owen coyle sacked on 13:40 - Oct 9 with 1344 viewswalshy15a

Good ,hopefully won`t have to hear him sucking his dentures in match interviews for a long long time !
owen coyle sacked on 14:15 - Oct 9 with 1291 viewsNov77

Did we ever beat one of his sides? Had a real hoodoo over us when ever we played him.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

owen coyle sacked on 16:34 - Oct 9 with 1178 viewsrobith

owen coyle sacked on 12:38 - Oct 9 by TacticalR

This is probably due to desperation to get back to the Premiership quickly rather anything else. Whether it will work or not is another matter.

I've a mate who's a Bolton fan and Coyle has been driving him doolally - he claims there was no way they were going to get promoted with Coyle
Login to get fewer ads

owen coyle sacked on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 1149 viewsTacticalR

owen coyle sacked on 16:34 - Oct 9 by robith

I've a mate who's a Bolton fan and Coyle has been driving him doolally - he claims there was no way they were going to get promoted with Coyle

Did he say what he thought was wrong with Coyle?

Air hostess clique

owen coyle sacked on 17:28 - Oct 9 with 1096 viewskropotkin41

He's not been spotted anywhere near HQ has he?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

owen coyle sacked on 17:36 - Oct 9 with 1077 viewsNorthernr

Never understand this, particularly in the transfer window era. It was dumb when we did it with Wilkins - keep faith with manager despite relagtion, allow him to spend the summer budget, then sack him within two months of the new season starting. The new manager at Bolton will now have to work with somebody else's players, and then go into January with a reduced budget. Daft. Either sack him in the summer or keep faith.
owen coyle sacked on 17:43 - Oct 9 with 1060 viewsdaveB

it looks harsh from afar but they are 18th in the table so must be struggling.
owen coyle sacked on 17:44 - Oct 9 with 1056 viewsWatford_Ranger

BARCLAYS Premier League!!!!!
owen coyle sacked on 18:08 - Oct 9 with 1034 viewsTGRRRSSS

owen coyle sacked on 17:36 - Oct 9 by Northernr

Never understand this, particularly in the transfer window era. It was dumb when we did it with Wilkins - keep faith with manager despite relagtion, allow him to spend the summer budget, then sack him within two months of the new season starting. The new manager at Bolton will now have to work with somebody else's players, and then go into January with a reduced budget. Daft. Either sack him in the summer or keep faith.

Except that Nick Blackburn says Wilkins resigned and wasn't fired.
Otherwise I agree with you, similar at Blackburn other than exceptional circumstances, looney owners and bengal lancer manager out for what he can get.
I think on that case Kean is going for constructive dismissal and could alledgedley get £14m.
Whether thats true I don't know.
owen coyle sacked on 18:12 - Oct 9 with 1023 viewsJamie

owen coyle sacked on 17:36 - Oct 9 by Northernr

That said, if you're going to do it, the start of international week is a good time. Few players at training for a caretaker to worry about and some time to find the replacement without having to play games in between.
owen coyle sacked on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 1017 viewsparker64

owen coyle sacked on 18:08 - Oct 9 by TGRRRSSS

Except that Nick Blackburn says Wilkins resigned and wasn't fired.
Otherwise I agree with you, similar at Blackburn other than exceptional circumstances, looney owners and bengal lancer manager out for what he can get.
I think on that case Kean is going for constructive dismissal and could alledgedley get £14m.
Whether thats true I don't know.

That's what Curbishley did at West Ham for different reasons though. Don't think he's worked since......not that he has to of course.
owen coyle sacked on 19:24 - Oct 9 with 968 viewsTacticalR

Last season, as Bolton got nearer the relegation zone, he started talking faster and faster without breathing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17977191

Air hostess clique

owen coyle sacked on 19:57 - Oct 9 with 921 viewskomradkirk

Overrated, and he smiled much too much when talking about Clint's goal that never was last season.
owen coyle sacked on 09:29 - Oct 10 with 816 viewsrobith

owen coyle sacked on 16:44 - Oct 9 by TacticalR

Did he say what he thought was wrong with Coyle?

Yes, he cited 3 things. Tactics, players and team spirit.

Tactics - that he would set the team up well, and they'd be doing ok but that his in match tactical decisions were always completely baffling and often just handed the game to the opposition

Personnel - That he has a baffling loyalty to players clearly not up to standard when he has better players he won't utilise (cue everyone here saying "That sounds familiar!")

Team Spirit - there was none. when things start going against them, not just goals but general play, heads would drop.

Then after every game he would come out and talk at complete odds to reality. According to my chum nothing he did made any sense
owen coyle sacked on 09:39 - Oct 10 with 805 viewsJamie

As Mad Mick is favourite, its compulsory to post the gif:

owen coyle sacked on 10:33 - Oct 10 with 785 viewsrobith

owen coyle sacked on 09:29 - Oct 10 by robith

Yes, he cited 3 things. Tactics, players and team spirit.

Tactics - that he would set the team up well, and they'd be doing ok but that his in match tactical decisions were always completely baffling and often just handed the game to the opposition

Personnel - That he has a baffling loyalty to players clearly not up to standard when he has better players he won't utilise (cue everyone here saying "That sounds familiar!")

Team Spirit - there was none. when things start going against them, not just goals but general play, heads would drop.

Then after every game he would come out and talk at complete odds to reality. According to my chum nothing he did made any sense

In fact, his actual words on it:

It is a common misconception that the main factor dominating Coyle's tenure was his bad luck with injuries.

Of course it is 'a' factor. The muamba situation was incredibly unfortunate and upsetting, and OC handled it well. He also was unfortunate with initial injuries to key personnel at key times.

However that's as much slack as I'll give him.

Holden's injury was a blow. In case you don't remember however he came back for a bit last November. Then he had another scan and he was out for another year. How the hell is that allowed to happen? It wasn't a one off, either. Coyle consistently played NRC despite him being clearly unfit

A friend of a friend so to speak used to play with Coyle at Bolton in the nineties. Upon Owen's appointment he said: 'His stubborness will be his downfall.' Boy. Has it. His stubborness in going with 4-4-2 and Kevin Davies has been unbelievable. In the honeymoon period at the start of the 10/11 season it worked so so well, I'll give him that. But that is because we had a perfect storm: a three of the hardest working players in the league in Elmander, Holden and Muamba. We also had an England centre-half and other players at their peak. I think it was the Guardian that showed at the start of that season that Holden/Muamba had the most tackles and passes of any midfield combo at the time. That November, and I honestly believe this, we were probably the best team in the league on form. At times we looked unplayable.

But when it got tough, Owen refused to change. Before what happened at Spurs, Coyle consistently benched Muamba for apparently no reason. Klasnic was dropped, brought back in, and dropped again. So far this season he has treated Sordell with an equal amount of disdain. Mark Davies has also been shunted onto the wing, despite never being a winger in a month of Sundays. Coyle's decision, when one-nil up with 15 minutes left, to bring on Kevin Davies for Mark Davies and go from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2, is the single worst substitution I have seen.

I wouldn't have minded all this if he showed a capacity to admit his errors and learn from mistakes. But he never did. He just kept doing the same thing. In the last 50 away games, we have managed one clean sheet. One. It's blatantly obvious a Holden and Muambaless midfield can't sustain a 4-4-2, yet he still persists. And still blames bad defending when we concede so much. Yeah sometimes we haven't covered ourselves in glory at the back Owen but when there's f**k all protection from the midfield that's what happens sunshine.

A friend of mine summed it up when he went to the match on saturday: We just looked very evenly matched with Millwall. That's what is hardest to swallow. There is no hint, looking at us, that we have just come off the back of 11 years in the Premier League. Now, I know that a sense of entitlement is in itself undesirable and dangerous, but we have none of the swagger of a club that believes it should be playing at a higher level.

I'm sad that it didn't work out, Owen. But you outlasted your stay by ten months.
owen coyle sacked on 12:55 - Oct 10 with 759 viewsTacticalR

I think that's the definitive statement on the subject!

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024