Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. 19:47 - Oct 11 with 4460 viewsizzitme

Pies ran out at main stand snack bar before halftime on Tuesday. Many fans know this having queued for 15 mins or so there. I complained to the Club and Paul S manager of Stadium Company told me that the manageress went over to the away stand bar to collect the 100 or so pies they had available. Then the half time whistle went and the "Police " refused to allow anyone to enter or leave the away stand.
That was his official excuse, and if this is the case it is an absolute disgrace, and typical example of Police abusing their powers.
I hope Messrs Garlick and Dunphy are aware of this fiasco and as paymasters to the police sort it.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 19:51 - Oct 11 with 2861 views_dezzy

Also what a farce from the club, closing the sandy pie shop so the small 1 in the main stand had to cope with both stands, queue's were
massive

KHBA

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 19:54 - Oct 11 with 2845 views442Dale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 19:51 - Oct 11 by _dezzy

Also what a farce from the club, closing the sandy pie shop so the small 1 in the main stand had to cope with both stands, queue's were
massive

So fans from the Sandy could go through to the main stand and buy food?

The follow up, if that happened, is asking why Sandy Lanees don't have access to the Ratcliffe at half time?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:05 - Oct 11 with 2814 viewsRammyDale

On Tuesday night there was only one of the refreshment bars open in the Pearl Street stand. Now, I'm all for the club saving money on wages on staff but most of them tend to very young and I doubt very much that they get more than minimum wage. This means longer queues for the fans and on Tuesday I just got back to my seat as the teams were coming back out. Maybe a cutback on the amount of uneccesary stewards would be the better option to save money on staff.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 2805 viewsisitme

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:05 - Oct 11 by RammyDale

On Tuesday night there was only one of the refreshment bars open in the Pearl Street stand. Now, I'm all for the club saving money on wages on staff but most of them tend to very young and I doubt very much that they get more than minimum wage. This means longer queues for the fans and on Tuesday I just got back to my seat as the teams were coming back out. Maybe a cutback on the amount of uneccesary stewards would be the better option to save money on staff.

Indeed.

I did not buy anything as I could not be bothered joining the large queue.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:19 - Oct 11 with 2781 viewsRammyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:07 - Oct 11 by isitme

Indeed.

I did not buy anything as I could not be bothered joining the large queue.

The club must make quite a good profit from refreshments. I paid £1.50 for a tea bag, hot water and a drop of milk on Tuesday, but that is not my complaint as its the going rate (or even cheaper than many grounds) If people are turning away from the long queues, and who can blame them, it will soon offset what is saved on less staff. It really is a false economy the club are running on this front.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:59 - Oct 11 with 2725 viewsDalenet

The club has been running out of food in the main stand kiosk before half time for night games for at least 7 years. They won't change it. They spent a bit of cash doing up that refreshment unit 2 years ago, and now they have cut back on staff to no more than 2 people.

Its the Dale way. The rest of the entertainment industry understand the issue called Customer Experience. We don't seem to care
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 21:33 - Oct 11 with 2675 viewsBanned4ever

so Rochdale run the catering and its not leased out?
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 22:02 - Oct 11 with 2624 views100569

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 20:05 - Oct 11 by RammyDale

There has only been one open in the TDS all season so far. Its an absolute disgrace. They too had run out of pies.
Login to get fewer ads

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 23:41 - Oct 11 with 2529 views_dezzy

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 19:54 - Oct 11 by 442Dale

So fans from the Sandy could go through to the main stand and buy food?

The follow up, if that happened, is asking why Sandy Lanees don't have access to the Ratcliffe at half time?

Yeah the gate was open to go through, the radcliffes wasn't open at all during the game on tues

KHBA

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 09:03 - Oct 12 with 2421 viewsbanterluke

It was a problem but one fan took it a bit too far telling the catering staff they are not worthy of a contract and deserved to be sacked. A little embarrassing and a bit of an overreaction. Having said that, the game didn't warrant any "staff cuts" with it being Bury. If we wasn't to make a profit due to police costs, the least we could have done is focus around were we could make a little bit of money from the night.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 09:49 - Oct 12 with 2381 viewsNewMilne

Cannot understand why there was a lack of catering on Tuesday. We went to one of the TDS outlets for pies BEFORE half time and they had run out. It may be that the club wasn't expecting a big crowd, but they should provide facilities for those that have turned up. If they were worried that they would be left with unsold pies, lets face it, selling them at £2 and buying them for what £0.40?? its an acceptable business risk covered by the profit on those that they did sell.

In future, on the basis that the club couldn't be bothered to organise properly (again), (and the excuse that they couldn't get them from under the away stand doesn't wash, because with just a little organisation that problem would have been avoided) its probably better to take our own food in in future. The problem isn't actually a 'lack of available food'', it is again and again complete lack of commercial consideration and know how by the club.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 09:51 - Oct 12 with 2377 viewsjudd

Do you really think that the club gives a flying fook about you? You're only a fan. Get you into the ground then job done. Comply with all statutory requirements. Job done. Hope that you might return to put up with more of the same nonsense.

To paraphrase a friend's recent comment, it'll always be your team, but never your club.

And as Doris said on a previous post (Ithink), once you get out of the habit of going it's fairly easy not to go.

Poll: What is it to be then?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:11 - Oct 12 with 2358 viewsNewMilne

Correct Judd. I've not had a season ticket this year for the first time in years and pick and choose to suit me. I'm under no illusions what the club think about supporters, but do get confused when they then send emails to non renewing ex season ticket holders to ask why? It really should be obvious to them.
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:43 - Oct 12 with 2320 viewsR17ALE

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:11 - Oct 12 by NewMilne

Correct Judd. I've not had a season ticket this year for the first time in years and pick and choose to suit me. I'm under no illusions what the club think about supporters, but do get confused when they then send emails to non renewing ex season ticket holders to ask why? It really should be obvious to them.

I despair.

Like many others I heard the tannoyman advertising the Dale Bar at half time. I wandered round thinking it would be nice to warm up and have a swift pint. Once I'd fooled the steward operating the gate between the Sandy and the Main Stand (I could only be let through if I was wanting a coffee, but not a pint! Seriously!) I discovered an irate Fred Talbot unable to access the Bar and someone called out from behind the fence that they weren't bothering opening tonight despite the announcement a few minutes earlier.

So I looked at the length of the queue for the kiosk and quickly weighed up I'd not be served before half time was finished. So I returned to the Sandy about a fiver better off but still cold and in need of refreshments.

Next time we have a JPT game on a cold Tuesday night I might just stay at home as I don't want to be treated like a mug. Again.

The club has a duty of care to all of its paying customers to enable them to have something to eat and drink as easily as possible, and if it ends up costing £20 in extra wages which reduces profit, then so be it.

The customer comes first.

I'll make it a bit clearer.... Customer = 1st.

What problem?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:53 - Oct 12 with 2304 viewsD_Alien

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:43 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

I despair.

Like many others I heard the tannoyman advertising the Dale Bar at half time. I wandered round thinking it would be nice to warm up and have a swift pint. Once I'd fooled the steward operating the gate between the Sandy and the Main Stand (I could only be let through if I was wanting a coffee, but not a pint! Seriously!) I discovered an irate Fred Talbot unable to access the Bar and someone called out from behind the fence that they weren't bothering opening tonight despite the announcement a few minutes earlier.

So I looked at the length of the queue for the kiosk and quickly weighed up I'd not be served before half time was finished. So I returned to the Sandy about a fiver better off but still cold and in need of refreshments.

Next time we have a JPT game on a cold Tuesday night I might just stay at home as I don't want to be treated like a mug. Again.

The club has a duty of care to all of its paying customers to enable them to have something to eat and drink as easily as possible, and if it ends up costing £20 in extra wages which reduces profit, then so be it.

What problem?

I think despair has now given way to a sense of realism.

I know it has with me. The club will get my money occasionally this season (again, after years of renewed ST's), but I haven't even had an email or wtf?-letter asking why! I'd have been happy to tell them.

btw, a wft?-letter = why didn't you save the fooking postage and email me?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 2239 viewsjudd

I understand that the bar was shut on police orders on Tuesday.

Having spoken to the previous manager of that bar on big occasions, there is one senior officer in particular who is extremely draconian in her dealings with the licensed trade around the ground. He was always prepared to fight his corner with her, perhaps someone less experienced or worldly-wise caved in on Tuesday.

Anyway, Cem tomorrow, not the Ratcliffe, after eating at home and not relying on the unreliable.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:10 - Oct 12 with 2217 viewsdeezel

what will you be having for your pre match dinner jUdd?
MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:17 - Oct 12 with 2205 viewsjudd

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:10 - Oct 12 by deezel

what will you be having for your pre match dinner jUdd?

Beetroot soup made from Vimto.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:26 - Oct 12 with 2192 viewsD_Alien

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:01 - Oct 12 by judd

I understand that the bar was shut on police orders on Tuesday.

Having spoken to the previous manager of that bar on big occasions, there is one senior officer in particular who is extremely draconian in her dealings with the licensed trade around the ground. He was always prepared to fight his corner with her, perhaps someone less experienced or worldly-wise caved in on Tuesday.

Anyway, Cem tomorrow, not the Ratcliffe, after eating at home and not relying on the unreliable.

The current incumbent would be in deep shit if he tried fighting in a corner.

I guess the question the club should be asking this draconian piece is whether she has responsibility for the policing at other grounds and if so, does she apply the same ethic. And if she doesn't have that responsibility and/or the same ethic doesn't apply elsewhere, why we're being subject to discriminatory policing?

This is the crux of the whole policing issue. The Dale are subject to measures and costs which simply don't apply at many other grounds. It's discriminatory, it's costing the club, and ultimately it's costing us.

Just let the police try to stop a match going ahead because it's deemed unsafe if they applied the same principles as at other grounds. The JPT game against bury would have been an ideal opportunity - I for one couldn't have given a fook if it had never gone ahead.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:41 - Oct 12 with 2164 viewsjudd

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:26 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

I guess the question the club should be asking this draconian piece is whether she has responsibility for the policing at other grounds and if so, does she apply the same ethic. And if she doesn't have that responsibility and/or the same ethic doesn't apply elsewhere, why we're being subject to discriminatory policing?

This is the crux of the whole policing issue. The Dale are subject to measures and costs which simply don't apply at many other grounds. It's discriminatory, it's costing the club, and ultimately it's costing us.

Just let the police try to stop a match going ahead because it's deemed unsafe if they applied the same principles as at other grounds. The JPT game against bury would have been an ideal opportunity - I for one couldn't have given a fook if it had never gone ahead.

It all comes down to judgement calls within the law on public order.

The club called it right before the draw in saying bury was the worst possible draw simply because of the anticipated police reaction.

I sincerely doubt the club could have made a significant dent in police thinking with regards to Tuesday.

As for the particular officer discussed, I will find out later if she was in charge on Tuesday just as a matter of interest.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:43 - Oct 12 with 2163 viewsDorsetDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 12:26 - Oct 12 by D_Alien

As you say it's that word discriminatory as in the oft heard bullshit "discriminatory powers".
Men and women throughout the public sector are being trained to operate and take/make decisions outside their remit.

This is the "charity" doing the training http://www.commonpurpose.org.uk/

and this is what they're really about http://www.cpexposed.com/about-common-purpose

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:04 - Oct 12 with 2047 viewsNerazzurri

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 10:43 - Oct 12 by R17ALE

I despair.

What problem?

The tannoyman was definitely announcing that the Ratcliffe would NOT be open at half time. He announced it several times before the game and at half time.

Forza Nerazzurri

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:13 - Oct 12 with 2033 viewsjudd

Just been told that it wasn't this particular lady in charge on Tuesday. The reputation for trouble at Rochdale v bury games led to those decisions being taken.

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:24 - Oct 12 with 2021 viewsMoonyDale

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:13 - Oct 12 by judd

Just been told that it wasn't this particular lady in charge on Tuesday. The reputation for trouble at Rochdale v bury games led to those decisions being taken.

As I said on another thread the police were expecting a crowd approaching 5k on Tuesday, we all knew it was nearer going to be near that amount. I was still surprised it was as high at it turned out to be, as for the Sandy kiosk not being open, I was told during the day that it was to be shut. Couldn't' see a reason why to be honest....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:29 - Oct 12 with 2016 viewsR17ALE

MORE POLICE NONSENSE. on 15:04 - Oct 12 by Nerazzurri

The tannoyman was definitely announcing that the Ratcliffe would NOT be open at half time. He announced it several times before the game and at half time.

Oh right. It's so muffled in the Sandy that it's almost impossible to decipher tannoyman. Even though he announced it was shut, what is the long term policy of the Dale Bar at half time?

It needs time to establish itself and to get folk into the habit of using it at half time.

Perhaps a pie and a pint offer for a fiver might entice more in, as winter starts to bite. But that would mean someone having to organise a pie warmer and doing a separate deal with Claytons.

Added to that, folk can catch up with the half times on Jeff Stelling's Sky programme. The venue has so much to offer to the matchday experience.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024