Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? 16:17 - Oct 21 with 15400 viewsMoonyDale

Can't see there being more to be honest, not looking forward to this one......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:49 - Oct 22 with 1426 viewsjudd

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:48 - Oct 22 by Doris

True ,didnt realise how good he was until i tried to take his place in the gabs first team ,only got about 6 games in the 2 years i played there.Never forgive Tommy Butterworth always calling me stuart ,he did it on purpose.

Top bloke as well, Shyney.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:57 - Oct 22 with 1403 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 20:49 - Oct 22 by judd

Top bloke as well, Shyney.

the only time i was spoken to by him is when we played Urmstonians away ,we lost 5-2 i saved 2 penalties and got MOM ,we came back to the clubhouse and he clipped me round the back of the head and said keep trying you might make it one day .

edit
i didnt
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:34 - Oct 22 with 1377 viewsKenBoon

I've only seen 2 home games all season. I was a season ticket holder for several years but the lack of ambition last year finished me off. I also had to make cut backs and despite some at the club thinking the loyal 2000 would go to matches above putting food on their table, The Dale just aren't a priority. You know what, I don't miss it. Win or Lose I just don't miss it. I listen to DaleWorld (when it works) and its good enough. It's like being a Man United fan but with penalties actually given against us. I've seen some shit teams over the years but I always wanted to watch live - home and away - just in case there's a classic and to support the lads.

I find The Dale frustrating now. Not on the field, we're just inconsistent there, its off the field. There's dozens of non-league clubs who have a modern way to thinking whereas we're stuck in the past and eventually we'll be caught and passed by the ambitious and well run non-league clubs. Clubs our fans would call tin pot, when in reality we're the cavemen.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:45 - Oct 22 with 1361 views442Dale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:34 - Oct 22 by KenBoon

I've only seen 2 home games all season. I was a season ticket holder for several years but the lack of ambition last year finished me off. I also had to make cut backs and despite some at the club thinking the loyal 2000 would go to matches above putting food on their table, The Dale just aren't a priority. You know what, I don't miss it. Win or Lose I just don't miss it. I listen to DaleWorld (when it works) and its good enough. It's like being a Man United fan but with penalties actually given against us. I've seen some shit teams over the years but I always wanted to watch live - home and away - just in case there's a classic and to support the lads.

I find The Dale frustrating now. Not on the field, we're just inconsistent there, its off the field. There's dozens of non-league clubs who have a modern way to thinking whereas we're stuck in the past and eventually we'll be caught and passed by the ambitious and well run non-league clubs. Clubs our fans would call tin pot, when in reality we're the cavemen.

A comprehensive preview, interviews with management/players looking to bounce back from two defeats on a club's main media outlet would be a start.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:49 - Oct 22 with 1349 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:34 - Oct 22 by KenBoon

Each to their own Ken, i cant ever envisage not going up to the Dale, unlike you i would miss it. Not knocking you cos its your choice, but if we all followed your example the club would go out of existance and a lot of us think too much of the club to just let that happen.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:52 - Oct 22 with 1337 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:49 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

Each to their own Ken, i cant ever envisage not going up to the Dale, unlike you i would miss it. Not knocking you cos its your choice, but if we all followed your example the club would go out of existance and a lot of us think too much of the club to just let that happen.

just as well ,god forbid the willbuts chippy closed
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:55 - Oct 22 with 1325 views442Dale

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:49 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

But at what stage do the club come out and admit this problem exists and try and do something to win back loyal fans?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:57 - Oct 22 with 1322 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:52 - Oct 22 by Doris

just as well ,god forbid the willbuts chippy closed

Sometimes you have to make the best of a bad job, years ago it used to be pie and peas in the Brownhill Hotel. That pre-match routine got me through the Billy Boslem, Alan Tarbuck era !!

0n reflection maybe thing arent as bad as they seem
Login to get fewer ads

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:05 - Oct 22 with 1304 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 21:57 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

Sometimes you have to make the best of a bad job, years ago it used to be pie and peas in the Brownhill Hotel. That pre-match routine got me through the Billy Boslem, Alan Tarbuck era !!

its nowt to do with on field activities ,or pies or even the manager.

you sure ?? admin in 2 years if we dont find a miracle like Dawson ( name copied from a text earlier )
I have been an on and off supporter for 31 years ,at the moment i am off and its nowt to do with the football on show.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:12 - Oct 22 with 1288 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:05 - Oct 22 by Doris

its nowt to do with on field activities ,or pies or even the manager.

you sure ?? admin in 2 years if we dont find a miracle like Dawson ( name copied from a text earlier )
I have been an on and off supporter for 31 years ,at the moment i am off and its nowt to do with the football on show.

I know what you are getting at Doris but i dont see how staying away from games helps the situation ? Regarding off the field shananigans, that horse bolted in our centenery year and just like Shergar its never returned.

Its a long playing record and we are all aware of the problem but not going to games really harms the club and as a supporter how can we call others when we also contribute to the downward spiral by jumping on the bandwaggon (not attending games). I understand your frustration though !!
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 1258 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:12 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

I know what you are getting at Doris but i dont see how staying away from games helps the situation ? Regarding off the field shananigans, that horse bolted in our centenery year and just like Shergar its never returned.

Its a long playing record and we are all aware of the problem but not going to games really harms the club and as a supporter how can we call others when we also contribute to the downward spiral by jumping on the bandwaggon (not attending games). I understand your frustration though !!

It helps me no end ,not paying £1100 for us as a family not going to games ,the "club" doesnt deserve a fan base,the truth will come out in the financial results in the next few years ,I have always said the trust needs a place on the board and i still abide by that ,too many associate directors with no financial backing will kill the club.I cant wait till february to get the accounts to this years debacle,till may 2011 looked ok with all the transfers but may 2012 will be very interesting.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 1237 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:22 - Oct 22 by Doris

It helps me no end ,not paying £1100 for us as a family not going to games ,the "club" doesnt deserve a fan base,the truth will come out in the financial results in the next few years ,I have always said the trust needs a place on the board and i still abide by that ,too many associate directors with no financial backing will kill the club.I cant wait till february to get the accounts to this years debacle,till may 2011 looked ok with all the transfers but may 2012 will be very interesting.

Replace "interesting" with the word "Alarming".I am sure the chairman would love somebody to come forward with a injection of cash but it hasnt happened yet.

I agree the Trust needs a place on the board but what i think it really needs is a professional person who can look at all aspects of the club and identify where we are failing or stagnating. A person who can pick the whole club up by its trousers, kick start all departments and either remotivate or discard existing staff and provide a long term plan of action.

This person is out there and he or she will command a decent salary but its the only way we can now move forward in my opinion. Reward this person with some sort of bonus if we achieve certain targets but make them realistic, we need a dynamic influence within the club.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:38 - Oct 22 with 1228 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:36 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

Replace "interesting" with the word "Alarming".I am sure the chairman would love somebody to come forward with a injection of cash but it hasnt happened yet.

I agree the Trust needs a place on the board but what i think it really needs is a professional person who can look at all aspects of the club and identify where we are failing or stagnating. A person who can pick the whole club up by its trousers, kick start all departments and either remotivate or discard existing staff and provide a long term plan of action.

This person is out there and he or she will command a decent salary but its the only way we can now move forward in my opinion. Reward this person with some sort of bonus if we achieve certain targets but make them realistic, we need a dynamic influence within the club.

so we all know the problems and remedies ,apart from the "club" and herein lies "the problem" copyrite R17ALE
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:43 - Oct 22 with 1216 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:38 - Oct 22 by Doris

so we all know the problems and remedies ,apart from the "club" and herein lies "the problem" copyrite R17ALE

Like i said Doris, "Frustration" sums up how a lot of us feel. I hate the fact you arent going to games, knowing you are having a better time than me really pi**es me off
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:49 - Oct 22 with 1204 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:43 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

Like i said Doris, "Frustration" sums up how a lot of us feel. I hate the fact you arent going to games, knowing you are having a better time than me really pi**es me off

you want to come to germany and holland 2-5 nov for 3 massive games ,give me a shout .
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:51 - Oct 22 with 1199 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:49 - Oct 22 by Doris

you want to come to germany and holland 2-5 nov for 3 massive games ,give me a shout .

Going to Morecambe, its the magic of the FA cup
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:55 - Oct 22 with 1196 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 22:51 - Oct 22 by TalkingSutty

Going to Morecambe, its the magic of the FA cup

your sign is correct,good luck
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:25 - Oct 22 with 1181 viewsKenBoon

I'm not so much staying away in some protest. I'm not happy at how we almost tore ourselves apart last season but if my finances this year were the same as last year i'd probably have gone to all the home games this season. Simple fact is they're not and I don't feel the urge to put Football at the top of my priorities. I'm not about to sell a load of toss on ebay (wish I had Now 4 on CD) just to fund going to Football. Going to The Dale isn't more important than paying bills or buying coffee. If the club think that then they're mistaken and falling attendances are evidence of it. But still 'the loyal 2000' are supposedly the savior of the club and there's little to no attempt to grow those numbers. The attendances aren't only declining because of relegation. They're going down because nobody is encouraging locals to attend so clubs like Man City venture further and further onto our patch and without any marketing challenge from us.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 06:46 - Oct 23 with 1162 viewsTalkingSutty

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 23:25 - Oct 22 by KenBoon

I'm not so much staying away in some protest. I'm not happy at how we almost tore ourselves apart last season but if my finances this year were the same as last year i'd probably have gone to all the home games this season. Simple fact is they're not and I don't feel the urge to put Football at the top of my priorities. I'm not about to sell a load of toss on ebay (wish I had Now 4 on CD) just to fund going to Football. Going to The Dale isn't more important than paying bills or buying coffee. If the club think that then they're mistaken and falling attendances are evidence of it. But still 'the loyal 2000' are supposedly the savior of the club and there's little to no attempt to grow those numbers. The attendances aren't only declining because of relegation. They're going down because nobody is encouraging locals to attend so clubs like Man City venture further and further onto our patch and without any marketing challenge from us.

If its a financial issue then you are correct in not attending games. You are also correct about the lack of effort by the club to entice people up to the club. Like i said in a earlier post its a broken record.

Lets put it this way, if i hit a financial slump (it can happen to anybody) paying the bills etc would come way above attending football matches. The home form as been crap this season and couple that with the fact that money is tight for a lot of folk and that must be a major contribution to the dwindling crowds,football is a expensive hobby/obsession.
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1100 viewsR17ALE

Such a sad thread where loyal fans are thinking out aloud, "why do I bother"?

It's a question that has been going through my head, and if I wasn't a season ticket holder, I probably wouldn't bother tonight either.

The whole cba attitude of the club has been gathering momentum since the debacle of the Centenary season.

Fans have warned those in authority of its danger. Those fans have been ignored and shat on by the club.

The Trust, by the way to those who have asked, offered the going rate for 2 seats on the board months ago. We haven't even had the courtesy of any reply.

And they wonder why crowds are down.

What fooking problem?

(yeah, yeah, it's him again banging on again!)

Since 2007!

*shakes fist at screen.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:31 - Oct 23 with 1086 viewsDoris

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:22 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

It's a question that has been going through my head, and if I wasn't a season ticket holder, I probably wouldn't bother tonight either.

The whole cba attitude of the club has been gathering momentum since the debacle of the Centenary season.

Fans have warned those in authority of its danger. Those fans have been ignored and shat on by the club.

The Trust, by the way to those who have asked, offered the going rate for 2 seats on the board months ago. We haven't even had the courtesy of any reply.

What fooking problem?

Since 2007!

*shakes fist at screen.

So lets get this right the trust offer money and free time for seats and the club take more non paying associate directors ?? wow now that doesnt look right,ignoring money ?? oh dear good luck trust bods

wonder if these posts will be deleted
Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 1063 viewsjudd

That the Trust hasn't yet had the courtesy of a reply doesn't necessarily meant that they won't get one.
I would expect that a certain protocol has to be observed in the appointment of Directors,and the vehicle to do this is through the election of nominated Directors through a general meeting - either an annual or emergency. Again, not sure on the mechanics of engineering an emergency general meeting, but surely the Trust with its' sizable shareholding could muster other like-minded shareholding fans to force an EGM with the specific aim of getting a or some Trust-linked Directors onto the main board?
Going back in time I once asked Killie why he didn't invite the Trust onto the board. His response was "over my dead body".
I get the feeling that this attitude still prevails.
Still not decided, even as a season ticket holder, whether or not to go tonight. I suppose I'll wait for the team selection to be announced via Twitter.
It really is that bad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:59 - Oct 23 with 1050 viewsTTNYear

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:51 - Oct 23 by judd

That the Trust hasn't yet had the courtesy of a reply doesn't necessarily meant that they won't get one.
I would expect that a certain protocol has to be observed in the appointment of Directors,and the vehicle to do this is through the election of nominated Directors through a general meeting - either an annual or emergency. Again, not sure on the mechanics of engineering an emergency general meeting, but surely the Trust with its' sizable shareholding could muster other like-minded shareholding fans to force an EGM with the specific aim of getting a or some Trust-linked Directors onto the main board?
Going back in time I once asked Killie why he didn't invite the Trust onto the board. His response was "over my dead body".
I get the feeling that this attitude still prevails.
Still not decided, even as a season ticket holder, whether or not to go tonight. I suppose I'll wait for the team selection to be announced via Twitter.
It really is that bad.

I think they approached the board in summer.

Get to the cem for steak tonight (how do you want it cooked?), we always decide last minute whether we are going or not. At least you'll be in good company.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 1046 viewsTVOS1907

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 10:22 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

What fooking problem?

Since 2007!

*shakes fist at screen.

I have to admit that I'm completely gobsmacked as to why something hasn't been done to try to boost tonight's crowd.

Perhaps some offer tied in with the Fleetwood match, for example.

It's half term in Rochdale schools, so something along the lines of "Kid a Quid" could have been tried.

How about making the 1844 Challenge a 'Half-Time Half-Term Kids Only Special'?

I know initiatives have been tried before and then dropped when they haven't worked first time, so surely something else should be tried. And then something else tried again ... and again ... and don't ever give up!!

It's an unattractive midweek fixture, so to do absolutely nothing leaves me aghast and very worried.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:03 - Oct 23 with 1037 viewsTTNYear

Sub 2000 crowd for Tuesday? on 11:01 - Oct 23 by TVOS1907

I have to admit that I'm completely gobsmacked as to why something hasn't been done to try to boost tonight's crowd.

Perhaps some offer tied in with the Fleetwood match, for example.

It's half term in Rochdale schools, so something along the lines of "Kid a Quid" could have been tried.

How about making the 1844 Challenge a 'Half-Time Half-Term Kids Only Special'?

I know initiatives have been tried before and then dropped when they haven't worked first time, so surely something else should be tried. And then something else tried again ... and again ... and don't ever give up!!

It's an unattractive midweek fixture, so to do absolutely nothing leaves me aghast and very worried.

It doesn't leave me aghast at all, although I'll give you the worried bit.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024