Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back 17:25 - Dec 1 with 4460 viewsChaffRAFC

First half was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Dale side. Absolutely woeful, every single player bar Lillis possibly.

Second half was much better because we finally had some energy and mobility up front in Donnelly who changed the game but too much damage had been done in the first half to complete a comeback.

Strongly disagree with those that booed the substitution of Kennedy. Coleman went attacking and took a midfielder off to bring Grimes on and because it wasn't automatically Cavanagh who went off, dummy's were spat. I wouldn't have taken JK off but to boo it wasn't on in my view. Personally. I thought Tutte was our worst midfielder today.

Very poor overall, didn't understand why we reverted back to the 4-1-2-2-1 formation from 4-4-2 which worked in our last home game and we paid for that I think.

Shite.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Just got back on 17:29 - Dec 1 with 2267 viewsDaley_Lama

We shouldn't be talking about the first half, instead we should be talking about the Maradonaesque goal by Bennett, the hit post by Gornell in the first half which would have earned us a point and the shameless time wasting by York.

Papering
------------
Cracks

Poll: DF in or out

Just got back on 17:29 - Dec 1 with 2240 views442Dale

The change in formation was noticeable straight away. Why bother what York were playing? We won at home with 4-4-2 and then changed it back. Why?

Fantastic goal by Bennett. Any other game and we'd be talking about one of the best Dale goals ever.

The full backs are offering us nothing at the moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 2180 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back on 17:29 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

The change in formation was noticeable straight away. Why bother what York were playing? We won at home with 4-4-2 and then changed it back. Why?

Fantastic goal by Bennett. Any other game and we'd be talking about one of the best Dale goals ever.

Agree with the comment about the full back, Phil Edwards isn't a right back as long as my arse points to the ground. That said, it must be difficult playing with nobody in front of you to help.

No point whatsoever in changing from 4-4-2 today.

Just got back on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 2172 viewsMoonyDale

Just got back on 17:29 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

We shouldn't be talking about the first half, instead we should be talking about the Maradonaesque goal by Bennett, the hit post by Gornell in the first half which would have earned us a point and the shameless time wasting by York.

Papering
------------
Cracks

Not cracks DL, chasms more like. That first half was bad but the Kennedy shot brilliantly tipped over and the Gornell strike against the post would have put a different slant on the half. It would have been wholly undeserved as they put us to the sword and were better in every department, showed how football should be played and were first to every ball. Second half we were better but how much of that was down to us or them taking their foot of the gas am not sure. A stunning goal from Bennett and a deserved penalty gave the scoreline a flattering look, the JK substitution was a disgrace. No way should it have been Kennedy making way, some surgery is needed in that midfield and some way to allow our strikers to play in the right areas rather than having to take the responsibility of doing a job out wide.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Just got back on 17:40 - Dec 1 with 2149 viewsbanterluke

Just got back on 17:29 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

it's difficult for the full backs when they have no one playing in front of them for the majority of the game. No one to offer cover and very limited options when on the ball. The formation has served us well away from home but for me, it's the reason why our home form is so poor. Great goal from Bennett which probably hides how bad a game he had along with Edwards at the back. They are young though and I suppose that is going to happen now and again. Was very surprised with the JK substitution unless he picked up a knock? He was far better than Cav and Tutte who went missing today.
Just got back on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 2135 viewsDaley_Lama

Agreed Moony, footballed to death springs to mind.

Cant be mithered to moan about it tonight though, can only congratulate York on making us look amateur up until twinkle toes went for a slalom.

Poll: DF in or out

Just got back on 17:49 - Dec 1 with 2088 views442Dale

Just got back on 17:42 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

Cant be mithered to moan about it tonight though, can only congratulate York on making us look amateur up until twinkle toes went for a slalom.

Kerr, York no.8, produced a sublime display in the first half. That he did it against our three in midfield was another reason to change things.

Just got back on 17:50 - Dec 1 with 2077 views49thseason

Just got back on 17:42 - Dec 1 by Daley_Lama

We make other teams look good because we only use a third of the pitch. 4-1-2-2-1 makes us so narrow at home on a very wide pitch. Everyone who comes to play against us plays down the touchlines and we have no answer to it. When we play 4-2-4 we look an all round better side with the notable exception of a certain midfielder who cannot pass the ball to a blue shirt to save his life.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back on 18:00 - Dec 1 with 2034 viewschuckleberry

Agree with most of the OP, apart from Donnelly changing the game? Seriously? I'd rather have Joey T.
Just got back on 18:01 - Dec 1 with 2030 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back on 18:00 - Dec 1 by chuckleberry

Agree with most of the OP, apart from Donnelly changing the game? Seriously? I'd rather have Joey T.

Clearly did though Chuckles!

Just got back on 18:05 - Dec 1 with 2003 viewschuckleberry

Just got back on 18:01 - Dec 1 by ChaffRAFC

Clearly did though Chuckles!

How? Not long after coming on he had the ball in the box and passed it when shooting was the easier option.
Just got back on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 1985 viewsChaffRAFC

He chased things down, York started to panic. He was brought down for the penalty. Easily our M.O.M for me.

Just got back on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 1985 views442Dale

Just got back on 18:00 - Dec 1 by chuckleberry

Donnelly did ok. He got about them and was a nuisance.

He's just not very good and gives away the most unnecessary free kicks.

Just got back on 18:09 - Dec 1 with 1975 views442Dale

Just got back on 18:08 - Dec 1 by ChaffRAFC

He chased things down, York started to panic. He was brought down for the penalty. Easily our M.O.M for me.

But that's Donnelly all over - looks good when everyone else is bloody awful.

Just got back on 18:10 - Dec 1 with 1969 viewsChaffRAFC

Just got back on 18:09 - Dec 1 by 442Dale

But that's Donnelly all over - looks good when everyone else is bloody awful.

Agree, but him coming on changed the game I think.

Just got back on 18:14 - Dec 1 with 1943 viewschuckleberry

Just got back on 18:10 - Dec 1 by ChaffRAFC

Agree, but him coming on changed the game I think.

You're doubting yourself now! Bennett changed the game, Donnelly was his usual bumbling self.
Just got back on 18:16 - Dec 1 with 1934 viewsRalphs12

Just got back on 18:14 - Dec 1 by chuckleberry

You're doubting yourself now! Bennett changed the game, Donnelly was his usual bumbling self.

GD came on and actually put there back 4 under pressure which for me, changed the shape of the game.
Just got back on 18:21 - Dec 1 with 1898 views442Dale

Just got back on 18:16 - Dec 1 by Ralphs12

GD came on and actually put there back 4 under pressure which for me, changed the shape of the game.

Or, as it's known in the game, #legsinbits

Just got back on 18:26 - Dec 1 with 1871 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back on 17:39 - Dec 1 by MoonyDale

Not cracks DL, chasms more like. That first half was bad but the Kennedy shot brilliantly tipped over and the Gornell strike against the post would have put a different slant on the half. It would have been wholly undeserved as they put us to the sword and were better in every department, showed how football should be played and were first to every ball. Second half we were better but how much of that was down to us or them taking their foot of the gas am not sure. A stunning goal from Bennett and a deserved penalty gave the scoreline a flattering look, the JK substitution was a disgrace. No way should it have been Kennedy making way, some surgery is needed in that midfield and some way to allow our strikers to play in the right areas rather than having to take the responsibility of doing a job out wide.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

The Gornell shot was actually a very good fingertip save by their 'keeper.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back on 18:28 - Dec 1 with 1861 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back on 18:08 - Dec 1 by ChaffRAFC

Keep taking the pills, Chaff.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back on 18:30 - Dec 1 with 1839 viewsolympicdale

Just got back on 17:37 - Dec 1 by ChaffRAFC

Agree with the comment about the full back, Phil Edwards isn't a right back as long as my arse points to the ground. That said, it must be difficult playing with nobody in front of you to help.

No point whatsoever in changing from 4-4-2 today.

Unless PE is played at Centre half, he has no business being in the side, i really cant get my head around, why Rafferty suddenly has been dropped, although I guess he isnt an Accy old boy.

We have too many players who shouldn't be here, who are not good enough, but just here through Coleman. Surely he (coleman) can see it, to the point now where it's proving detrimental to the team. Mcintyre started the season well but has fallen away, Phil Edwards isn't good enough unless played at CB, and the less said about Craney the better. Having said that, I don't get the criticism surrounding Cavanagh, I think he's been playing okay recently, one bad pass and the whole ground want him off, its astonishing really.

Life is a game of fate.

Just got back on 18:37 - Dec 1 with 1797 viewsBartRowou

Just got back on 18:30 - Dec 1 by olympicdale

Unless PE is played at Centre half, he has no business being in the side, i really cant get my head around, why Rafferty suddenly has been dropped, although I guess he isnt an Accy old boy.

We have too many players who shouldn't be here, who are not good enough, but just here through Coleman. Surely he (coleman) can see it, to the point now where it's proving detrimental to the team. Mcintyre started the season well but has fallen away, Phil Edwards isn't good enough unless played at CB, and the less said about Craney the better. Having said that, I don't get the criticism surrounding Cavanagh, I think he's been playing okay recently, one bad pass and the whole ground want him off, its astonishing really.

It's not one pass though. If anyone is brave enough to watch the first half again, they would see at least seven of his passes either go to the opposition or put one of ours in trouble. Centre mid is too important a position for one so clumsy to be playing. He reminds me of Frank Spencer at times: a big heart, 100% effort, but ultimately you know he's going to end up roller-skating into a cot.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Just got back on 18:44 - Dec 1 with 1742 viewsdancdale

Just got back on 18:37 - Dec 1 by BartRowou

It's not one pass though. If anyone is brave enough to watch the first half again, they would see at least seven of his passes either go to the opposition or put one of ours in trouble. Centre mid is too important a position for one so clumsy to be playing. He reminds me of Frank Spencer at times: a big heart, 100% effort, but ultimately you know he's going to end up roller-skating into a cot.

And he loves a betty.
Just got back on 18:46 - Dec 1 with 1725 viewspioneer

The only three games we have won at home this season (out of 10, or 12 if you include the serious cups) have come from teams in the bottom 7 of the league. Anything outside the very poorest teams play with us in the worst sense of the word

Wonder what the crowd will be next week? Maybe he should fill the stand with his scouser mates like he fills the team with them.

Just got back on 18:56 - Dec 1 with 1681 viewsMoonyDale

Just got back on 18:26 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

The Gornell shot was actually a very good fingertip save by their 'keeper.

Couldn't see the save from my viewpoint in the Sandy TVOS, am waiting to see a replay of their second goal because it looked for all the world like there was a shove in the back by their scorer before he found the ball at his feet and forced it over the line....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024