Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simply amazing 21:53 - Dec 21 with 2450 viewsolympicdale

That is all, made up to see Grimes get his goalscoring mojo back too, typical the one I couldnt get to, brilliant though Dale!!

Life is a game of fate.

Simply amazing on 22:03 - Dec 21 with 1992 viewsShun

Fantastic performance, probably the best of 2012.

Grant, Grimes, Kennedy all excellent tonight, but I'm reserving special praise for Rhys Bennet. What a prospect this guy is, he was absolutely superb tonight whilst playing out of position! And it was nice to see P.Edwards in his natural position putting in a commanding performance to show why he should play there and only there.
Simply amazing on 22:13 - Dec 21 with 1906 viewsDaley_Lama

Phil Edwards was absolutely magnificent.

So was his own goal.

I'll let everybody else adulise Grant, Grimes etc but my man of the match was 'big' Phil.

Poll: DF in or out

Simply amazing on 22:17 - Dec 21 with 1870 viewsaleanddale

Just got back!!

That is more like a HOME performance and a template is now set for all remaining games.

Dale just bossed Cheltenham tonight from the first minute to the last. Easily the best home performance of the season and it is that level of effort and endeavour that the players need to show EVERY WEEK and we will be more than ok.

Chalk and cheese from recent weeks it all clicked into place tonight.

Cheltenham just could not live with Grant / Grimes / Dele and JK.

Special mentions for Tutte and Edwards and Cav ( all neat / tidy and showing passion thats been missing in recent games )

What about Reece Bennett though!! what a game at right back. Composed on the ball, strong in the tackle and his all round game tonight was a joy to watch. This kid is SOME PROSPECT!!! hope we can tie him down to a long contract.

I agree it could have been 4 at half time and 8 by full.

If Cheltenham are a benchmark then we have nothing to fear. It will be the team that shows the most commitment drive and determination that gets to the play offs. IF ( Big IF ??? ) we play like that there is NO reason it cant be us.

Onto Burton!! I think i might now just make the trip on Boxing Day!!!.

Up the Dale,

Now where is that Ale!!
Simply amazing on 22:22 - Dec 21 with 1823 viewsRAFCBLUE

Have been at both Aldershot and tonight - what a different performance and result.

A decent (top 7) side taken apart by a committed, team performance. To a man everyone committed to a successful outcome.

Yes, the defending was still a bit shaky but better, however going forward the team went forward time after time after time. It could and should have been more but for errant finishing and good goalkeeping.

Results like that bring people to Spotland - even Jack Dearden on GMR was creaming himself at the performance.

More of the same please!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Simply amazing on 22:24 - Dec 21 with 1794 views442Dale

Credit to Coleman for the defensive changes. Really did fear when the teams were announced that P.Edwards was back at RB.

A great display with their keeper being MotM by a mile. This might not have been the greatest of seasons, but we're seeing some fantastic long range goals, and Grimes is inch perfect at times.

Don't want to continue to scapegoat him, but Donnelly's selfishness when a simple reverse ball to Putterill was on actually spoilt the second half a bit. Team game, as illustrated by the excellent displays from everyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Simply amazing on 22:25 - Dec 21 with 1782 viewsYouTubeDale

A shame about P. Edward's own goal. I don't remember such a bizarre own goal. Lillis blocked a stinging shot but it bounced off his glove. Nobody around. Upsteps P. Edwards who seemed to have all the time in the world to hit the ball out of play but just knocked it into the net. We thought "here we go again" at 2-1. But Dale were brimming with Christmas spirit tonight - intoxicated by the enthused Coleman. What a superb curled shot by Grant to the left. Grimes curled his shot into the goal to the right. Both fantastic finishes.Then another Grimes curler to the right. Dele had 2 or was it 3 one-on-ones with the goalie and failed. But thankfully he got his confidence-boosting tap in goal to really rub their noses in it.

They're all fired up again. Thank God I've already booked my coach place for Burton. They lost to Barnet tonight 4-1 so they might have the shakes.

Merry Christmas fellow Daleys - we'll all have an even better one now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Simply amazing on 22:26 - Dec 21 with 1768 viewsShun

One thing that did please me no end was the change in attitude. The passion and fight was there just as much as ever, but the 'behaviour' seemed reined in too. There was the odd hard tackle from Cheltenham that I expected our players to crowd the ref about, but instead they just got on with it. More of the same please.

The whole of Spotland just seemed a better, happier place to be tonight.
Simply amazing on 22:34 - Dec 21 with 1707 viewspnc4eva1

Superb performance. Expected a drubbing tonight and so did a Cheltenham fan I spoke to after the match.

Opposite result and very well deserved too. Edwards pairing at centre half superb. Bennett at right back better. Grimes and Grant up front brilliant. In fact everyone very good.

Well done.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Login to get fewer ads

Simply amazing on 22:44 - Dec 21 with 1634 viewsR17ALE

Much better indeed.

Putting Phil Edwards at Centre Back is finally putting a round peg in a round hole.

Tonight also proved that you can have width without playing wingers. The number of times we played crossfield balls out wide to Grant or Grimes was unbelievable compared to recent games. This allowed us to stretch the Cheltenham backline no end and we frequently got in behind their full backs. Clearly JC listened to the numerous comments on Monday, that the Rochdale way at Spotland is to utilise our unusually wide pitch, and employ width when attacking. Our full backs also did this efficiently throughout.

What can I say?

Messageboard Managers 4 Cheltenham 1

I think we should conduct another open day for fans and JC on Christmas Day to prepare him for the Burton fixture!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Simply amazing on 22:51 - Dec 21 with 1587 viewsBingoballs

Fan bloody tastic, goodnight.
Simply amazing on 23:04 - Dec 21 with 1515 viewsspikey58

Simply amazing on 22:13 - Dec 21 by Daley_Lama

Phil Edwards was absolutely magnificent.

So was his own goal.

I'll let everybody else adulise Grant, Grimes etc but my man of the match was 'big' Phil.

I said early on that Phil Edwards looked better in the centre of defence, and tonight has proved that again. I don't know why Coleman insists on playing him at right back when he obviously isn't comfortable there; perhaps he'll finally get the message.
Simply amazing on 23:07 - Dec 21 with 1497 viewsSalwaDale

A very good win tonight, Grant makes a huge difference and an on song Grimes is superb. Fully deserved the win but it was only one win. More performances like that required. Can't underestimate the importance of the first goal.

TBBT

Simply amazing on 23:13 - Dec 21 with 1460 viewsolympicdale

Simply amazing on 22:44 - Dec 21 by R17ALE

Much better indeed.

Putting Phil Edwards at Centre Back is finally putting a round peg in a round hole.

Tonight also proved that you can have width without playing wingers. The number of times we played crossfield balls out wide to Grant or Grimes was unbelievable compared to recent games. This allowed us to stretch the Cheltenham backline no end and we frequently got in behind their full backs. Clearly JC listened to the numerous comments on Monday, that the Rochdale way at Spotland is to utilise our unusually wide pitch, and employ width when attacking. Our full backs also did this efficiently throughout.

What can I say?

Messageboard Managers 4 Cheltenham 1

I think we should conduct another open day for fans and JC on Christmas Day to prepare him for the Burton fixture!

maybe Coleman got more out of monday than the fans did.

Life is a game of fate.

Simply amazing on 23:13 - Dec 21 with 1450 viewsMIlnrowdale

Simply amazing on 23:07 - Dec 21 by SalwaDale

A very good win tonight, Grant makes a huge difference and an on song Grimes is superb. Fully deserved the win but it was only one win. More performances like that required. Can't underestimate the importance of the first goal.

10 out of 10 around tonight even the substitutions were rightly timed and my mom would of gone to mcintyre good going forward and solid defense wise!!

And if they're top 3 then cock all to worry about
Simply amazing on 23:15 - Dec 21 with 1434 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Simply amazing on 22:25 - Dec 21 by YouTubeDale

A shame about P. Edward's own goal. I don't remember such a bizarre own goal. Lillis blocked a stinging shot but it bounced off his glove. Nobody around. Upsteps P. Edwards who seemed to have all the time in the world to hit the ball out of play but just knocked it into the net. We thought "here we go again" at 2-1. But Dale were brimming with Christmas spirit tonight - intoxicated by the enthused Coleman. What a superb curled shot by Grant to the left. Grimes curled his shot into the goal to the right. Both fantastic finishes.Then another Grimes curler to the right. Dele had 2 or was it 3 one-on-ones with the goalie and failed. But thankfully he got his confidence-boosting tap in goal to really rub their noses in it.

They're all fired up again. Thank God I've already booked my coach place for Burton. They lost to Barnet tonight 4-1 so they might have the shakes.

Merry Christmas fellow Daleys - we'll all have an even better one now.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

...surely Barnet 3 Burton 2 ???
Simply amazing on 23:19 - Dec 21 with 1415 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Simply amazing on 23:07 - Dec 21 by SalwaDale

His effort for the last goal was fantastic......running cross field taking the defence with him to then lay on a plate a super pass for Dele to wack in......it was then game over!
Simply amazing on 23:20 - Dec 21 with 1405 viewsAtThePeake

My Dad says that's how Cavanagh plays every week.

If that's the case, who has been 'bashing' him so to speak? Was tremendous, didn't miss a tackle, played good short passes to keep us ticking over, did all the dirty work for the industrious JK and Tutte.

Well played Cav!

Tangled up in blue.

Simply amazing on 23:32 - Dec 21 with 1349 viewsroccydaleian

Simply amazing on 22:03 - Dec 21 by Shun

Grant, Grimes, Kennedy all excellent tonight, but I'm reserving special praise for Rhys Bennet. What a prospect this guy is, he was absolutely superb tonight whilst playing out of position! And it was nice to see P.Edwards in his natural position putting in a commanding performance to show why he should play there and only there.

Spot on
Simply amazing on 23:34 - Dec 21 with 1331 viewsDalenet

Simply amazing on 23:20 - Dec 21 by AtThePeake

If that's the case, who has been 'bashing' him so to speak? Was tremendous, didn't miss a tackle, played good short passes to keep us ticking over, did all the dirty work for the industrious JK and Tutte.

Well played Cav!

Your Dad isn't right. Most of the team were superb tonight and my MOM was Bennett. The goals were brilliant. And we hit the woodwork and should have had a clear penalty. Awesome to watch. Cav made quite a few mistakes tonight, but not enough to cause a problem and much improved on recent games.

Not sure there were as many as 1605 in the ground...and perhaps we shouldn't announce the crowd when it is so poor. But the atmosphere was great tonight, best of the season despite so few there. It lifted the players when we let the og in
Simply amazing on 23:35 - Dec 21 with 1325 viewsukidale07

Really happy for the win, wish i could have gone, but was at Panto! did Dale win Oh yes they did :D Get in Dale
Simply amazing on 01:32 - Dec 22 with 1175 viewsRalphs12

Simply amazing on 22:03 - Dec 21 by Shun

What is Rhys Bennetts actual position? Personally dont think hes a centre back, far to good going forward. Would like to see him in a holding midfield role at some point, but as you have said great at RB tonight long may it continue.

For me though there wasnt a single man of the match they all played well and it was nice to see us bagging afew, when we hit the bar I thought it wasnt going to be our night.
Simply amazing on 05:09 - Dec 22 with 1127 viewssweetcorn

Simply amazing on 23:20 - Dec 21 by AtThePeake

Well played Cav!

He plays like that probably barring 5 games, the problem is, in those 5 games he's developed into our scapegoat and the fans simply can't forgive him, he can do 25 things right in a game and gets no credit, however, as soon as a mistake is made, he's the worst player dale have ever seen.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Simply amazing on 07:32 - Dec 22 with 1101 viewsNotEyreClue

Simply amazing on 05:09 - Dec 22 by sweetcorn

He plays like that probably barring 5 games, the problem is, in those 5 games he's developed into our scapegoat and the fans simply can't forgive him, he can do 25 things right in a game and gets no credit, however, as soon as a mistake is made, he's the worst player dale have ever seen.

GET.HIM.OFF

Cav does the simple things right (for the most part) but when he messes up it looks particularly bad because it's usually because he's misplaced a 5 yard pass. Good to see being the Dale scapegoat hasn't damaged his spirits. (Donnelly is probably the new scapegoat though, which I despise)

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Simply amazing on 10:37 - Dec 22 with 961 viewsrod_leach

Simply amazing on 05:09 - Dec 22 by sweetcorn

I agree entirely. He wasn't match fit at the start of the season and is now. His tackle in midfield created the chance for the 2nd goal last night. I've not got a problem with him.
Simply amazing on 10:54 - Dec 22 with 928 viewssweetcorn

Simply amazing on 23:19 - Dec 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

His effort for the last goal was fantastic......running cross field taking the defence with him to then lay on a plate a super pass for Dele to wack in......it was then game over!

Grant shot and the keeper parried it over to dele.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024