Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes last game at Spotland last night 12:59 - Dec 22 with 2717 viewsYouTubeDale

Were we seeing Grimes for the last time at San Spotty? Or is Kennedy on his way? Do we HAVE to sell them if a decent fee is put under our noses because they won't sign new contracts and they may go for nothing at the end of the season? I hope not. All players went into a higher gear last night but Grimes managed 2 more gears. We all know that he is capable of that performance every week but he has failed to show it. Recently he has come out of his shell and produced. Kennedy is a quality player. Take quality out of the team and who knows what will happen.

The pack was re-shuffled at the back and it worked. So, on the face of it we just need 1 additional defender. Surely this means a little tinkering rather than big upheaval which was the sentiment last week. And surely last night's effort can be replicated together with the diagonal crosses to Grant, etc, etc

The club must do all it can to hold on to Grimes and Kennedy.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:02 - Dec 22 with 2049 viewsChaffRAFC

If we can offload Kennedy, get a decent enough fee for him and bring in Proctor from Preston then I reckon that's a decent bit of business. Ashley Grimes will always score goals, whether his work rate is sh!te or he looks lazy or what, he'll score goals and I hope we can keep hold of him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:11 - Dec 22 with 2021 viewsolympicdale

They both NEED to be kept until the end of the season, i cant see us getting any fee large enough that would justify letting them go, gives us the chance to see how the team finishes, if they help get us into the playoffs surely that is worth more than a small 5 figure fee would. Grimes will probably not get a move to any higher than L2, or lower L1, surely it benefits the club to keep these players, and work hard on extending contracts as the season goes on.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:17 - Dec 22 with 1995 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:02 - Dec 22 by ChaffRAFC

If we can offload Kennedy, get a decent enough fee for him and bring in Proctor from Preston then I reckon that's a decent bit of business. Ashley Grimes will always score goals, whether his work rate is sh!te or he looks lazy or what, he'll score goals and I hope we can keep hold of him.

"If we can offload Kennedy" I never thought I'd hear that said about JK

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:21 - Dec 22 with 1984 viewsChaffRAFC

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:17 - Dec 22 by olympicdale

"If we can offload Kennedy" I never thought I'd hear that said about JK

Don't get me wrong, Kennedy is a decent midfielder at our level but if we can make money on him and bring in Proctor for nowt or next to now it would be good business in my view.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:26 - Dec 22 with 1962 views442Dale

Can see Grimes going for about 50k. Crawley would be a likely destination.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:35 - Dec 22 with 1939 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:21 - Dec 22 by ChaffRAFC

Don't get me wrong, Kennedy is a decent midfielder at our level but if we can make money on him and bring in Proctor for nowt or next to now it would be good business in my view.

is procter better or as good as JK though, I'd like procter to come in, but not at the expense of someone like JK whos proven his worth with us.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:36 - Dec 22 with 1935 viewspioneer

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:26 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

Can see Grimes going for about 50k. Crawley would be a likely destination.

plus those bloody sell on clauses that our board are in love with! Great when they come off but you have no idea if and when any money will roll in and so cannot plan based on these.

Keep him, get the directors to pay any bills not covered by revenues and see how far we can go.

Lets face it Grimes has been messed around since joining the club - tell him he is starting for the rest of the season , play him in his best role, support him and watch the goals.
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:56 - Dec 22 with 1881 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I'd have Grimes over Gornell to be honest

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:59 - Dec 22 with 1863 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:36 - Dec 22 by pioneer

plus those bloody sell on clauses that our board are in love with! Great when they come off but you have no idea if and when any money will roll in and so cannot plan based on these.

Keep him, get the directors to pay any bills not covered by revenues and see how far we can go.

Lets face it Grimes has been messed around since joining the club - tell him he is starting for the rest of the season , play him in his best role, support him and watch the goals.

Grimes and Grant has the potential to be one of the best partnerships in this division, 19 goals between them already.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:01 - Dec 22 with 1859 viewsRalphs12

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:56 - Dec 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

I'd have Grimes over Gornell to be honest

Why? Totally different players for me, I'd see Gornell as more of a Adebola replacement. I'd be sad to see Grimes go as a front line of Grimes Gornell/Adebola Grant on there day (see last night). Will tear many team apart. Some of Grimes' through balls wouldn't look out of place on match of the day. Glad he's started banging them in recently it seemed to me that earlier in the season he was taking slightly to long before pulling the trigger so his shots often got blocked.
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:04 - Dec 22 with 1853 viewswimborne_dale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 13:59 - Dec 22 by olympicdale

Grimes and Grant has the potential to be one of the best partnerships in this division, 19 goals between them already.

But COLEMAN didn't bring in Grimes or Kennedy so I expecet they'll be going.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:06 - Dec 22 with 1844 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:04 - Dec 22 by wimborne_dale

But COLEMAN didn't bring in Grimes or Kennedy so I expecet they'll be going.

he's not going to jepodise the team by getting rid, simply because he didnt bring them in. He knows I'm sure, what they both bring, thats the whole old boys network argument rearing its head once more, and Coleman has publicly stated he wont risk his job with this principle.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:14 - Dec 22 with 1817 viewswimborne_dale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:06 - Dec 22 by olympicdale

he's not going to jepodise the team by getting rid, simply because he didnt bring them in. He knows I'm sure, what they both bring, thats the whole old boys network argument rearing its head once more, and Coleman has publicly stated he wont risk his job with this principle.

But if they're that good then other clubs will probably be after them anyway.

Do you think that last night was in any way a reaction to the slagging off the players and not least the manager has taken from the fans in recent weeks? If so lets repeat the process. I'll start: COLEMAN OUT NOW and his shower of ineffectual players who would struggle in Conference North !!!!!

Up The Dale

Edgar Allan's Crow

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:16 - Dec 22 with 1814 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:14 - Dec 22 by wimborne_dale

But if they're that good then other clubs will probably be after them anyway.

Do you think that last night was in any way a reaction to the slagging off the players and not least the manager has taken from the fans in recent weeks? If so lets repeat the process. I'll start: COLEMAN OUT NOW and his shower of ineffectual players who would struggle in Conference North !!!!!

Up The Dale

maybe so, but its up to us to keep them, play the team around Grimes and Grant, and go from there.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:37 - Dec 22 with 1774 viewselectricblue

I would be hoping that grimes and kennedy stay TBH...
Gornell can go or even Dele..
If Proctor is coming the Crainey can leave for me.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 15:07 - Dec 22 with 1730 viewsmiddyman

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:37 - Dec 22 by electricblue

Please no more ex accrington players
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 15:20 - Dec 22 with 1701 viewsolympicdale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 14:37 - Dec 22 by electricblue

what's Dele done wrong.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 15:30 - Dec 22 with 1670 viewssandylaner1

kennedy was superb last night breaking forward into their box could of scored twice !

I agree with those saying grimes has been messed about since joining the club, you can see how much he enjoys playing with grant and appreciate's a team mate of such quality, say to him you're first choice for the rest of the season before dogshit and sign a year/ 2 year extension - he will score another 10/15 goals this season

however we have heard very little from grimes in his time here but in the last few weeks he's been in the media twice (once saying he's frustrated/then saying how the team has to pull together) this could just be pure coincidence but I feel himself or his adviser's are trying to get his name out there before the january window.

forever a pessimist
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 16:05 - Dec 22 with 1616 viewsashes

Any updates on Tutte? His contract is up in the summer. Has he or is he signing a new one?
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 17:30 - Dec 22 with 1515 viewsNewbury_Dale

Neither player from Liverpool so neither have a long term future under this regime.
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 17:42 - Dec 22 with 1476 viewsRalphs12

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 17:30 - Dec 22 by Newbury_Dale

Neither player from Liverpool so neither have a long term future under this regime.

Abit like the scouser Bennett that this regime signed?
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 17:50 - Dec 22 with 1447 views442Dale

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 17:42 - Dec 22 by Ralphs12

Abit like the scouser Bennett that this regime signed?

Bennett is from the Manchester area.

Totally read that wrong so been whoosed edit/update/thing.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 19:18 - Dec 22 with 1348 viewsTalkingSutty

WHOAH, whats all this about Grimes being messed about ? He isnt a victim in all of this , most of the time he has appeared disinterested, petulant and lazy and at times his workrate has been zilch !!

It could be me being churlish but is the up turn in form just coincidence that it seems to be happening as the January transfer window opens. Even the manager seems to prefer a Grant/Gornell partnership.

Lets not all start pretending Grimes is the new messiah, his time at Spotland has been mediocre at best and even the player himself would have to admit that. I would like to see him stay and prove us doubters wrong because last night proved he is capable of a lot more than he has shown.
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 19:26 - Dec 22 with 1322 views49thseason

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 19:18 - Dec 22 by TalkingSutty

WHOAH, whats all this about Grimes being messed about ? He isnt a victim in all of this , most of the time he has appeared disinterested, petulant and lazy and at times his workrate has been zilch !!

It could be me being churlish but is the up turn in form just coincidence that it seems to be happening as the January transfer window opens. Even the manager seems to prefer a Grant/Gornell partnership.

Lets not all start pretending Grimes is the new messiah, his time at Spotland has been mediocre at best and even the player himself would have to admit that. I would like to see him stay and prove us doubters wrong because last night proved he is capable of a lot more than he has shown.

All the available evidence points to Grimes needing a big target man to play off and to be fair to the lad we never got to see what he could do alongside COG so last season was more or less a waste of time for him. last night Adebola had a better game and hey presto Grimes scores twice. There can be no doubt the lad has talent and is probably only now finding the sort of form and confidence that scoring goals brings.

I think the Grimes Gornell Grant line up will eventually be something to behold at this level - getting them all on the pitch at the same time seems to be the hard part. I hope he stays
Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 19:28 - Dec 22 with 1317 viewsAtThePeake

Grimes last game at Spotland last night on 19:18 - Dec 22 by TalkingSutty

How can the manager prefer any 'partnership' when we play with three up front?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024