Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. 22:28 - Feb 7 with 3225 viewsLandofoz89

At the Fans Forum tonight, HR suggested the away fans had an unfair advantage-any views?

Meet me by the railway track

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:35 - Feb 7 with 3171 viewsRangersw12

I remember 1st season down in 96/97 we had away fans in the Ellerlise when they took so few it wasn't worth opening the away end

I think it could be something to look at but the ground would need to be redeveloped for segregation reasons so think it will be a non starter
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:38 - Feb 7 with 3139 viewsWeaverQPR

Problem is they would need a seperate turnstile to use in ER, we can't all use the same one.

@WeavQPR

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:40 - Feb 7 with 3131 viewswaveydave

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:35 - Feb 7 by Rangersw12

I remember 1st season down in 96/97 we had away fans in the Ellerlise when they took so few it wasn't worth opening the away end

I think it could be something to look at but the ground would need to be redeveloped for segregation reasons so think it will be a non starter

agree, would be too costly for the club I believe. Im not a fan of Ellerslie really, the atmosphere is decent but ffs I can't stand the space behind the stand
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:43 - Feb 7 with 3111 viewsbarbicanranger

there was a hell of a lot of chat about seating arrangements at the ground...took up a lot of the debate / questions...included:

1. People not happy that the loft is a family stand.
2. Harry doesn't like that away fans have an end because it "helps" them.
3. PB suggested that standing wasn't a consideration for us but other clubs are considering it.
4. PB indicated that he thought LL was best location in ground for a family stand.

On point 3 I actually think standing is something we should push for and would be a solution for us especially until we get this "new" stadium with "more" space - ultimately if you made the lower loft standing and for passionate fans you could get more people in there thus more income and that would free up space in other areas for a family stand.

With regard to Harry's point - the away fans - I'm not sure how else you could segregate loftus road? - the ellerslie now way (1 entrance) - i guess you could give them the paddock - less noise, gets rained on, etc. then you would have Qpr fans behind both goals.

I think PB had a point in that the ground is small the options are limited, I fully take his point on needing an area for families but HQ is so small you're never far away from abusive / inappropriate language, I guess every permutation has it's pros and cons.
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:48 - Feb 7 with 3085 viewswombat

Away fans can enter by the same turnstiles they use for entrance to the lower school end , when away fans sat in ellerslie they had a large high gate bolted to the wall which they closed when away fans were in ellerslie road

So yeah easy peasy to do it even now just get a local metal worker to build a fecking great movable gate and bolt it to the wall

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:53 - Feb 7 with 3064 viewsJuzzie

I know it's down to the design of the ground but we've been way too generous to away fans for years. Most clubs have them in a corner or high up in the clouds. If it's feasible to build this gate and move them to blocks W, X. in Ellerslie then do it.

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:57 - Feb 7 with 3032 viewsTacticalR

Why can't other clubs put away fans in a decent position behind the goal? I think it helps the atmosphere.

Air hostess clique

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 23:02 - Feb 7 with 2997 viewsthemodfather

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:57 - Feb 7 by TacticalR

Why can't other clubs put away fans in a decent position behind the goal? I think it helps the atmosphere.

ltd segregation in ellerslie...give em upper and thats it for most games was the main idea, i thought.
wigan can have the paddock end of.
Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 23:38 - Feb 7 with 2901 viewsJuzzie

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:57 - Feb 7 by TacticalR

It used to be that way but then one by one clubs started moving away fans to different areas to give the home team more advantage. Can't see them all agreeing to move them back especially as new stadiums built are designed with the away fans in corners so the whole infrastructure would need changing.
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 23:39 - Feb 7 with 2899 viewsjonno

Because they want to maximise every perceived opportunity of winning home games and by shoving away fans out of earshot they figure they can't encourage the away side to any extent. Most clubs will use anything they can to gain some sort of an advantage - just look at the farcical "multiball" system, introduced in an attempt to speed up the game but hijacked by clubs to help them cheat their way to a result.
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 08:52 - Feb 8 with 2744 viewstoboboly

Give them the School Upper and no more. Don't reckon that it's the reason we shipped 5 against Swansea though, or the reason Gorkss was left alone twice in two games at the Loft end.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 09:01 - Feb 8 with 2720 viewsGloucs_R

Bringing them and letting them out via Ellerslie creates a huge problem for the Old Bill. You either have to march fans down past the Loft and through the little Sq to go back to the station. Down Blomfentein and back down SAR. Or out onto the Uxbridge Road and down towards the stations.

I'd be happy with away fans located in X Block though. Easy to build a metal gate to segregate home away behind the stand and most clubs have nets and stewards segregating home and away fans. The challenge will be how much room do the nets take up and what is the financial impact of this?

The flip side is that the lower school end could be the family stand.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 09:03 - Feb 8 with 2707 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Redknapp really stitched Beard with that one! It was well-intentioned, but he put Beard under such pressure, I had to laugh.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 09:16 - Feb 8 with 2685 viewsTacticalR

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 23:39 - Feb 7 by jonno

Because they want to maximise every perceived opportunity of winning home games and by shoving away fans out of earshot they figure they can't encourage the away side to any extent. Most clubs will use anything they can to gain some sort of an advantage - just look at the farcical "multiball" system, introduced in an attempt to speed up the game but hijacked by clubs to help them cheat their way to a result.

I get that.

However, away fans contribute to the atmosphere of a match and are a special factor in British football. Why stick them in the middle of nowhere? A while ago I heard a report about the MLS, where away fans were so unheard of that the authorities didn't know what to do with them when they started to attend matches in significant numbers.

Air hostess clique

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 11:03 - Feb 8 with 2542 viewsJuzzie

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 09:16 - Feb 8 by TacticalR

I get that.

However, away fans contribute to the atmosphere of a match and are a special factor in British football. Why stick them in the middle of nowhere? A while ago I heard a report about the MLS, where away fans were so unheard of that the authorities didn't know what to do with them when they started to attend matches in significant numbers.

Agreed. But it's "a results business" (hate that term) and a club winning a game is more important than having a nice atmosphere for the fans. The fans considerations have long since be last on the priority list.

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 11:41 - Feb 8 with 2468 viewsW7Ranger

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 22:35 - Feb 7 by Rangersw12

"I remember 1st season down in 96/97 we had away fans in the Ellerlise when they took so few it wasn't worth opening the away end "

Port Vale? 3-2? Wardley 2 goals?

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 12:30 - Feb 8 with 2405 viewssmegma

This subject was raised by the LSA when Ray Wilkins was manager !!! The club looked into it and the Police and LBH&F came back with a resounding NO !
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:00 - Feb 8 with 2276 viewskingo

Back in the 80s when they were building the new Loft, they put home fans in the School End and away in the Paddock nearest the Loft, If we went back to this it would get the noise up in the Loft and allow the family stand to be the School End, Not sure how many the Paddocks hold now though but all their noise would be lost to the sky.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:23 - Feb 8 with 2248 viewsRangersw12

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 11:41 - Feb 8 by W7Ranger

"I remember 1st season down in 96/97 we had away fans in the Ellerlise when they took so few it wasn't worth opening the away end "

Port Vale? 3-2? Wardley 2 goals?

I think it was the 2-0 defeat midweek game

Bradford were the other team in the ER
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:30 - Feb 8 with 2238 viewshoof_hearted

Not a chance of the paddock being used. If we stay up and can expect plenty of sell outs again then I reckon it would be worth manipulating the capacity so that 10% was the upper loft only.

But if we then see 500 empty seats that could have been sold then that's £15,000 lost.

Splitting the lower loft and upper loft spreads the away fans over 2 levels so looks less impressive. Then have the other half/third as our family season tickets. We lose a few hundred seats but gain the lower loft back as a place to get noisy and in the players faces - not just the one corner.

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:33 - Feb 8 with 2234 viewsW7Ranger

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:23 - Feb 8 by Rangersw12

I think it was the 2-0 defeat midweek game

Bradford were the other team in the ER

ok yeah I vaguely remember a 2-0 loss to Vale!!

Think I remember the Bradford one. Midweek, last minute winner? Matthew Brazier? Waddle was playing for Bradford!! Awful game!

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:36 - Feb 8 with 2229 viewsRangersw12

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:33 - Feb 8 by W7Ranger

ok yeah I vaguely remember a 2-0 loss to Vale!!

Think I remember the Bradford one. Midweek, last minute winner? Matthew Brazier? Waddle was playing for Bradford!! Awful game!

It was 2-1 defeat the Vale game

Yeah that's the Bradford game can't really remember much about the game though apart from it was terrible !
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:38 - Feb 8 with 2226 viewsW7Ranger

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:36 - Feb 8 by Rangersw12

It was 2-1 defeat the Vale game

Yeah that's the Bradford game can't really remember much about the game though apart from it was terrible !

You just said the vale game was a 2-0 defeat! Make yer bloody mind up!!!
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:39 - Feb 8 with 2222 viewsRangersw12

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:38 - Feb 8 by W7Ranger

You just said the vale game was a 2-0 defeat! Make yer bloody mind up!!!

I looked it up
Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:42 - Feb 8 with 2218 viewsW7Ranger

Redknapp wants away fans moved from behind the school end. on 16:39 - Feb 8 by Rangersw12

I looked it up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024