Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill's assessment of the 'team' 15:30 - Mar 4 with 5319 viewsSuddenLad

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-boss-kei

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 15:49 - Mar 4 with 3005 viewssweetcorn

I just hope that he's the one to turn us around.

Cannot wait for a season where hill has had a full summer market to attempt to transform the club.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 15:52 - Mar 4 with 2971 viewsmacro

Thompson motm

I was struggling to pick a player tbh
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 16:56 - Mar 4 with 2820 viewsSandyman

Similar dismay at giggle...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-blackw
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:00 - Mar 4 with 2806 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 15:52 - Mar 4 by macro

Thompson motm

I was struggling to pick a player tbh

Thompson came on as sub and put a cross over which the goalkeeper gathered, that was his only major contribution because the game was over before he came off the bench.

Lets not start pretending that he came off the bench and turned in a cameo performance because he didnt, he did ok!!
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:04 - Mar 4 with 2790 viewssweetcorn

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:00 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

Thompson came on as sub and put a cross over which the goalkeeper gathered, that was his only major contribution because the game was over before he came off the bench.

Lets not start pretending that he came off the bench and turned in a cameo performance because he didnt, he did ok!!

Saying thompson was our motm doesn't suggest he put in a good show, it means he put the best shift in out of our players, which multiple people have said now. So if you're saying he was average and most are saying he was our best, that should tell you a lot about the performance of others.

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:11 - Mar 4 with 2770 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:04 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

Saying thompson was our motm doesn't suggest he put in a good show, it means he put the best shift in out of our players, which multiple people have said now. So if you're saying he was average and most are saying he was our best, that should tell you a lot about the performance of others.

I thought Henderson was our best player. Joey T put over one cross and apart from that he didnt beat his man or test the goalkeeper with a shot.

Having said that he didnt do anything wrong neither, but to say he was our best player is a joke.

When you state "best shift" that insinuates that he put more effort into the game after coming off the subs bench than any other Dale player during the 90 minutes, thats also wrong !!
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:33 - Mar 4 with 2707 viewsolympicdale

we haven't had a team, per say for nearly 2 years, hope Hill can form one over the coming months.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 17:58 - Mar 4 with 2654 viewsR442D

Can't believe we're more bothered about picking a IMHO-MOM than congratulating and admiring Hill's honesty in the team?

I'm not just saying this because I'm a fan, but if I were a player, that would give me a right kick up the backside to prove myself as a player, knowing what Hilly can achieve and turn players into at this level.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:04 - Mar 4 with 2640 viewsColDale

When recruiting, they looked beyond the abilities of a footballer. The broken toy was often mentioned, but probably overplayed amongst supporters. They tended to be the exception, or at least our perception of them was. The emphasis was always on getting the sort of players that they could trust implicitly and that would buy in to what they were trying to achieve at Spotland. A move to Rochdale was sold on the basis that if players were prepared to listen and learn, they would be made better players and financial reward would follow elsewhere, and there's probably a dozen players playing at a higher level who have benefitted from doing so.

We'll get that again. For now, we're having to make do with a squad that has a different philosophy. For two years, there's been uncertainty off the field, losing has become a habit (that stat about number of defeats in 18 months was frightening) and as such had stopped hurting, training methods weren't about player improvement, and its almost as if we are asking the players to jump into the 21st century all over again.

Some will make that jump, some will fall by the way side. But it will take time. We'll need leaders in the dressing room, we'll need a bit of patience and we might even need a little bit of luck along the way. But we'll get there.
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:09 - Mar 4 with 2627 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:04 - Mar 4 by ColDale

When recruiting, they looked beyond the abilities of a footballer. The broken toy was often mentioned, but probably overplayed amongst supporters. They tended to be the exception, or at least our perception of them was. The emphasis was always on getting the sort of players that they could trust implicitly and that would buy in to what they were trying to achieve at Spotland. A move to Rochdale was sold on the basis that if players were prepared to listen and learn, they would be made better players and financial reward would follow elsewhere, and there's probably a dozen players playing at a higher level who have benefitted from doing so.

We'll get that again. For now, we're having to make do with a squad that has a different philosophy. For two years, there's been uncertainty off the field, losing has become a habit (that stat about number of defeats in 18 months was frightening) and as such had stopped hurting, training methods weren't about player improvement, and its almost as if we are asking the players to jump into the 21st century all over again.

Some will make that jump, some will fall by the way side. But it will take time. We'll need leaders in the dressing room, we'll need a bit of patience and we might even need a little bit of luck along the way. But we'll get there.

The Voice of Reason,

Just hope you are right my friend.
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:16 - Mar 4 with 2611 viewsStAnnesDale

Unfortunaetly major surgery will have to wait until the Summer. By that time we may not have a League team and could be planning for our first campaign in the Blue Square North. We are easily bad enough to go down based on the last 4 months (Bradford away, Cheltenham home excepted).

Agree about lack of character and paper ability not being reflected in performances.

Downside of filling a team full of loan and non-contract players is will they have the fighting spirit to keep us up. They will not have the full "taint" of relegation associated with them should we go down. To an extent the non-contract players are usually without a club for a reason and will need time to settle Jones and Rose look no better than what we already had. Henderson looked good in the first half but hardly saw anything of the ball in the second. Howarth has already lost his place. Even Thompson's biggest fans would admit that he is not a natural leader and is unlikely to turn a side round motivating others.

Forget next season until we are safe this season. Plymouth at home is looking a "massive" game.
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 2497 viewssweetcorn

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:16 - Mar 4 by StAnnesDale

Unfortunaetly major surgery will have to wait until the Summer. By that time we may not have a League team and could be planning for our first campaign in the Blue Square North. We are easily bad enough to go down based on the last 4 months (Bradford away, Cheltenham home excepted).

Agree about lack of character and paper ability not being reflected in performances.

Downside of filling a team full of loan and non-contract players is will they have the fighting spirit to keep us up. They will not have the full "taint" of relegation associated with them should we go down. To an extent the non-contract players are usually without a club for a reason and will need time to settle Jones and Rose look no better than what we already had. Henderson looked good in the first half but hardly saw anything of the ball in the second. Howarth has already lost his place. Even Thompson's biggest fans would admit that he is not a natural leader and is unlikely to turn a side round motivating others.

Forget next season until we are safe this season. Plymouth at home is looking a "massive" game.

I've seen rose twice and can already say he's a better player than mcintyre. The other two non-contract players have come in to replace craney and puterill who were both non-contract. I'd say henderson and jones are better than an overweight craney and an unfit puterill, they can both play 90 minutes for a starter.

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 19:15 - Mar 4 with 2484 viewsmacro

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 19:09 - Mar 4 by sweetcorn

I've seen rose twice and can already say he's a better player than mcintyre. The other two non-contract players have come in to replace craney and puterill who were both non-contract. I'd say henderson and jones are better than an overweight craney and an unfit puterill, they can both play 90 minutes for a starter.

Henderson looked good in the first half at morecambe, I thought Jones as well played better than his previous performances in the first half.

The problem is that confidence is so fragile that the heads go when things really go wrong as seen v accy and after ellisons wonder goal
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 19:15 - Mar 4 with 2483 viewsBigDaveMyCock

From the interview:-

“There is an over-evaluated opinion that the players are better performers than they actually are. It’s a team game and I’m glad that the players have started to show me their true character, or the lack of character that you need to win football matches.”

This sums up the situation perfectly. The first sentence in particular.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 19:37 - Mar 4 with 2413 viewsTVOS1907

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 18:16 - Mar 4 by StAnnesDale

How could we be planning for the Blue Square North?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 20:10 - Mar 4 with 2348 viewsdalenumber2

"over-evaluated opinion" - not sure what that phrase means really, think it is another 'Hillism"!
However it does seem that Hill has got the players sussed pretty quickly and hopefully can get to work on them to improve their attitude and work rate.
I think we will start seeing things improve before it's too late. We should just about avoid the drop in my opinion, then can look forward to a complete fresh start next season with players that Hilly has chosen himself.
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 04:14 - Mar 5 with 2156 viewsFrog

I have convince myself otherwise, but in the dark dungeons of my mind the words 'Parkin effect' keep being illuminated on occasions...............
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 04:34 - Mar 5 with 2153 viewsFrog

I have convince myself otherwise, but in the dark dungeons of my mind the words 'Parkin effect' keep being illuminated on occasions...............
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 09:01 - Mar 5 with 2066 viewswimborne_dale

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 20:10 - Mar 4 by dalenumber2

"over-evaluated opinion" - not sure what that phrase means really, think it is another 'Hillism"!
However it does seem that Hill has got the players sussed pretty quickly and hopefully can get to work on them to improve their attitude and work rate.
I think we will start seeing things improve before it's too late. We should just about avoid the drop in my opinion, then can look forward to a complete fresh start next season with players that Hilly has chosen himself.

Do you think we may have a problem here? Of course the current squad were largely not selected by Hill. But all the talk here implies that many of the current squad will be moving on in the summer (relegation or not) and they know it. Hill seems to be implying that they're over-rated (or did I misread that?) so won't there now be something lacking in motivation -
"My manager didn't choose me / wouldn't have chosen me but I'll be leaving in the summer whether or not my team is relegated."

Btw. Why is Grimes (our leading goal scorer earlier in the season) not getting starts?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 11:33 - Mar 5 with 1937 viewsnordenblue

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 09:01 - Mar 5 by wimborne_dale

Do you think we may have a problem here? Of course the current squad were largely not selected by Hill. But all the talk here implies that many of the current squad will be moving on in the summer (relegation or not) and they know it. Hill seems to be implying that they're over-rated (or did I misread that?) so won't there now be something lacking in motivation -
"My manager didn't choose me / wouldn't have chosen me but I'll be leaving in the summer whether or not my team is relegated."

Btw. Why is Grimes (our leading goal scorer earlier in the season) not getting starts?

Regardless of talent,Hilly obviously feels he's not pulling his weight or his minds elsewhere and is maybe putting players in the team who he feels want to be here,(see the Tutte thread), id back his judgement to any of us who's total knowledge of all things Dale is 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon.There is plenty going on/has gone on behind the scenes by all accounts and previous threads to what we know
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 11:34 - Mar 5 with 1934 viewsD_Alien

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 09:01 - Mar 5 by wimborne_dale

"Do you think we may have a problem here?"

Yes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 11:41 - Mar 5 with 1921 viewsJumeirahDale

When is Reece Gray back? Would be nice to see a return for him.
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 14:10 - Mar 5 with 1778 viewssamc1967

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 11:34 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

"Do you think we may have a problem here?"

Yes

Penny dropped then ????
Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 16:51 - Mar 5 with 1685 viewsD_Alien

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 14:10 - Mar 5 by samc1967

Penny dropped then ????

None of your business, actually.

You have nothing to add to any debate on this forum, but like one of those snotty little kids that are allowed to run around by ignorant parents in a nice restaurant, you're still getting in the way.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 16:56 - Mar 5 with 1677 viewstixylix

Hill's assessment of the 'team' on 16:51 - Mar 5 by D_Alien

None of your business, actually.

You have nothing to add to any debate on this forum, but like one of those snotty little kids that are allowed to run around by ignorant parents in a nice restaurant, you're still getting in the way.

It has by the sound of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024