Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Walker 14:32 - Mar 12 with 5816 viewsWegerle10

Been asked by a journalist the best thing that Kyle Walker did whilst at QPR - other than his 'goal' against Coventry.

I said that it wasn't really one thing, more an impressive all round spell here that gave the team another outlet.

Any moments stick out for anyone in particular during Kyle's loan stint?

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

Kyle Walker on 19:33 - Mar 12 with 1062 viewsN12Hoop

His pace was the key thing. The opposition could have a massive headstart and then it was like watching roadrunner get back and you knew he would be back defending before the opposition arrived in the box.

Also, when he came back this year, at the end of the game his acknowledgment of us all; I think we'll always mean a lot to him and we'll always give him a great reception (as we should give Routledge but don't).

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Kyle Walker on 19:48 - Mar 12 with 1047 viewsbeeeater

Kyle Walker on 19:25 - Mar 12 by HAYESBOY

Yep, the 2-0 was away as well.

Its bugging me now, but i remember him running 70 yards to stop the striker getting a shot away.

Got it in my head now it was Morrison.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Was definitely the Millwall home game in the last few minutes , which had they scored would of been a 1-0 win for them . Think they were in the top 6 then so it was a big moment and pretty sure it maintained our unbeaten run until we lost away at Leeds.
Kyle Walker on 19:48 - Mar 12 with 1046 viewsNoDiddley

The defining moment was Portsmouth away. We're 1 down & pushing for an equaliser, they break and John Utakah is away. But not from Walker who catches him up, gets the ball & plays it wide. The resulting cross hits their defenders hand & hey presto penalty!
1-1 IN INJURY TIME?
Kyle Walker on 23:34 - Mar 12 with 1004 viewsbaz_qpr

He was just as good defensively as he was going forward and he was amazing going forward. I remember many of us at the time saying we'd just seen englands new right back
Kyle Walker on 12:22 - Mar 13 with 951 viewsQPunkR

Yep, you could see (as many of us said at the time) that he was destined to play international football. No way on God's green earth Spuds would've sold him to us, especially after seeing him absolutely tear apart that league!

QPR - "shit but local"

Kyle Walker on 19:58 - Mar 14 with 906 viewsJonDoeman

He's not having a good game tonight.

It Is What It Is !!

Kyle Walker on 01:38 - Mar 15 with 885 viewsrsonist

Kyle Walker on 19:58 - Mar 14 by JonDoeman

He's not having a good game tonight.

Been all over the place the whole season. Not a boo boy just yet but Spurs fans have certainly started getting on his back.
Kyle Walker on 03:01 - Mar 15 with 878 viewsSonofNorfolt

Immense for us.
Look.
We started off well.
Bradley Orr, for once a proper full back, who looked much better than what we had had for a while, was instantly trumped by the best young right back in the World.
A 200 metre sprinter who could play a lot.
I went to all those early games, and just couldn't believe who we had signed. As a part time Rangers follower, and knowledge of Hutton, whom Spurs had signed playing in this position, I kept telling my Tottenham mates that they would not believe the talent of whom they had leant out.
Villa paid a lot of money in January just to loan him until the end of the season.

Warnock's luck or judgement with us? Kenny, Hill , Derry, Taarabt, Walker, Smith, and Routledge.
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Walker on 05:14 - Mar 15 with 875 viewswestberksr

come on lads, all getting a bit rose tinted over this.....

he was good, but he was no Bob Malcolm!

combination of speed, strength and youthful 'couldn't give a fikk' exuberance made Walker one of the most exciting players to watch in the country; let alone the league.

actually felt a bit sorry for Orr as he'd done nothing wrong and suddenly looked very ordinary, sat on the bench watching this uber-athlete tearing up and down the wing!
Kyle Walker on 06:54 - Mar 15 with 860 viewsparker64

Certainly stood out for us. Not seen much of him this season. Only criticism I had of him at the time was his defensive positioning was a bit suspect occasionallly but his pace could always make up for that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024