Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket! 10:42 - Jun 19 with 3615 viewsFFE

South Africa currenly 4-2 after two overs!! Come on England!!!

I'm NOT the Fox

Cricket! on 11:06 - Jun 19 with 2739 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket! on 11:38 - Jun 19 with 2701 viewsboobishabang

SA 50-4 now, Eng bowling well
Cricket! on 11:46 - Jun 19 with 2652 viewsjohnhoop

Could have been 5 if they'd reviewed that LBW shout from Treadwell !
Cricket! on 11:49 - Jun 19 with 2642 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Quite splendid.

Might have to stream it in my office.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cricket! on 11:50 - Jun 19 with 2639 viewsFFE

Cricket! on 11:46 - Jun 19 by johnhoop

Could have been 5 if they'd reviewed that LBW shout from Treadwell !

I know! Quite surprised they didn't review that one.

I'm NOT the Fox

Cricket! on 11:52 - Jun 19 with 2629 viewsboobishabang

63-5 Tredwell stikes!
Cricket! on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 2603 viewsFFE

6 down!!!

I'm NOT the Fox

Cricket! on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 2601 viewsQPR_John

Now I admit I am no expert at the laws of cricket so this may be obvious to some but humour me. If a legal ball hits the wicket then it is out regardless of where the ball pitched. LBW means that you cannot use your body to protect the wicket so why does LBW depend on where the ball pitches.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket! on 12:06 - Jun 19 with 2580 viewsboobishabang

Cricket! on 12:03 - Jun 19 by QPR_John

Now I admit I am no expert at the laws of cricket so this may be obvious to some but humour me. If a legal ball hits the wicket then it is out regardless of where the ball pitched. LBW means that you cannot use your body to protect the wicket so why does LBW depend on where the ball pitches.

All comes down to the element of doubt and the fact and that before using reviews and technology there was always the chance the ball could miss the stumps because if it pitches outside leg the angle of the flight of the ball would mean it wouldnt always go on to strike the stumps
Cricket! on 12:06 - Jun 19 with 2580 viewsMetallica_Hoop

That is something that is best explained down the pub, it would take ages to write a reply.

Cricket! on 12:07 - Jun 19 with 2575 viewsSydneyRs

Yes, never quite got that myself. Possibly because its easier for the umpires to judge correctly if it pitches in line but in these days of replays etc...
Cricket! on 12:12 - Jun 19 with 2563 viewsboobishabang

76-7!
Cricket! on 12:13 - Jun 19 with 2556 viewsSydneyRs

Cricket! on 12:12 - Jun 19 by boobishabang

76-7!

Cricket! on 12:19 - Jun 19 with 2534 viewsVish

I think Sri Lanka would beat India - but now it looks like rain all day in Cardiff tomorrow.

Anyone know what happens if they don't play at all?
Cricket! on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 2532 viewsVish

80/8
Cricket! on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 2528 viewsboobishabang

80-8 wheels defo come off
Cricket! on 12:21 - Jun 19 with 2517 viewsMrSheen

The rule about not being out to a ball that pitched outside leg stump was also to deter bowlers going around the wicket to try and bowl people around their legs while making it very difficult for the batsman to hit the ball, as they have to play around their body. Bowling at the batsman's pads is a very defensive tactic that makes for dreary play low-scoring play. By making it almost impossible to get the batsman out that way, the law-makers hoped to deter it. Atherton used to make Tufnell bowl at the West Indies a lot that way anyway, as they had no other way of getting them out while controlling the run rate, and he hoped to bore them into getting out rashly. It didn't work and they padded it safely away, for hour after hour.
You can be out lbw to a ball pitching outside off-stump that would have hit the stumps, because it's seen as more of a fair contest between batsman and bowler.
Cricket! on 12:22 - Jun 19 with 2514 viewsboobishabang

Cricket! on 12:19 - Jun 19 by Vish

I think Sri Lanka would beat India - but now it looks like rain all day in Cardiff tomorrow.

They will prob have Friday as a fall back to play the game, if it rains all day Friday it could well be a bowl off, Penalty shoot out style!
Cricket! on 12:24 - Jun 19 with 2504 viewsVish

Cricket! on 12:22 - Jun 19 by boobishabang

They will prob have Friday as a fall back to play the game, if it rains all day Friday it could well be a bowl off, Penalty shoot out style!

just super over it in the rain!
Cricket! on 12:26 - Jun 19 with 2495 viewsMrSheen

Mike Selvey just tweeted, "tits up does not do this batting performance justice".
Cricket! on 12:26 - Jun 19 with 2495 viewsMetallica_Hoop

From the BBC feed "Obviously the England lads have got plans tonight, looking to get this one wrapped up early."

Cricket! on 12:29 - Jun 19 with 2486 viewstoboboly

Cricket! on 12:19 - Jun 19 by Vish

India win as they were better placed in their group (top) than Sri Lanka (second). There is no extra match or bowl off etc.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket! on 13:01 - Jun 19 with 2433 viewsdaveB

South Africa coming back in it now if they get around 180 then I think it will be tough for England
Cricket! on 13:26 - Jun 19 with 2396 viewscheeseydane

Cricket! on 13:01 - Jun 19 by daveB

South Africa coming back in it now if they get around 180 then I think it will be tough for England

Looking more like 250 plus

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Cricket! on 13:28 - Jun 19 with 2379 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sums up my day thus far.

Bet I get no gee gees' too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024