Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread 22:06 - Nov 2 with 41108 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Technically a bit early, I know, but this is a special occasion, after all.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:06 - Nov 3 with 2491 viewsJacque

After the league cup we had a good win at Newcastle and we all thought we would push on from there.
Unfortunately the season fizzled out to a slightly disappointing end with poor performances (understandably). Our focus during the last few weeks of the season turned to preparation for this season.
Our main objective in addition to finishing the season with a few decent performances/results was to sign amongst a few other positions:

A quality striker or 2 - the reason being Michu's best position is clearly behind the striker (at the time it was Moore, Lita or Schecter).

We bought Bony and were quite excited- reminded me of a Jason Scotland which was worrying but then thought 'if he gets the goals and holds the ball up. Perfect'

Scotland was very frustrating but scored for fun. I didn't realise Bony has scored 7 in 11 starts. Pretty impressive. Although - like Scotland- there is something missing.
The jury is still out but there is one thing that is guaranteed and that is for £14mill he will be given all the time to improve.

Shelvey- well, what can I say. When we announced the signing there was mixed reviews. After the malmo game we thought we might just have a great signing. Personally, I would enquire whether we can swap him with Joey Allen 😜

I just thought that ML approached this game differently, which was reflected on his set-up.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, tonight has brought the worries and concerns to a head, which is that :

we are better with a striker in front of Michu - do we have a good enough one?

We are better when Shelvey is not in the side as we can build our play like we used to.

Are the signings we made during the summer adding to out squad-

Amat - rash at times but settling in well
Canas - will do a job for us when needed
Vasquez - not good enough - for now
Pozuelo - adds something to our squad but not effective in situations like tonight where he may try too hard.
Bony - as I said jury still out but needs to start almost all games.
Shelvey - ❌

I suppose that's rant over?
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:11 - Nov 3 with 2455 viewsmonmouth

So whatcha gonna do? This is our team for the rest of the season. We can't play worse, so roll with it. A week is a long time in politics and football.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:17 - Nov 3 with 2428 viewsDavillin

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 20:16 - Nov 3 by PureRockFury

Perfect, thanks!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:23 - Nov 3 with 2386 viewsMolliemick

The selection of JJS for today's match gave me the hope that ML had taken him aside and instilled some discipline into Shelvey's game. Some hope! It appears the lad is ineducable, impulsive and over confident in his own (supposed) ability.
In fact, the performances of Shelvey, Bony and Pozuelo call into question Laudrup's motivational skills. Perhaps the feeling amongst the players that he is off at the end of this season leads them to ignore instructions (if any are indeed given!)
The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:38 - Nov 3 with 2300 viewsmonmouth

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:23 - Nov 3 by Molliemick

The selection of JJS for today's match gave me the hope that ML had taken him aside and instilled some discipline into Shelvey's game. Some hope! It appears the lad is ineducable, impulsive and over confident in his own (supposed) ability.
In fact, the performances of Shelvey, Bony and Pozuelo call into question Laudrup's motivational skills. Perhaps the feeling amongst the players that he is off at the end of this season leads them to ignore instructions (if any are indeed given!)

I don't think Bony & Poz had much chance to do a lot.

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:42 - Nov 3 with 2282 viewsborinifanclub

ok its done and dusted
They have to come down here on Feb 7th
Dry your eyes and look forward to thursday/sunday
we been crap before and we will be again
but its OUR team
and we will be supreme in Wales come May time.
Onwards and upwards come on you whites!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:43 - Nov 3 with 2274 viewsmonmouth

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:42 - Nov 3 by borinifanclub

ok its done and dusted
They have to come down here on Feb 7th
Dry your eyes and look forward to thursday/sunday
we been crap before and we will be again
but its OUR team
and we will be supreme in Wales come May time.
Onwards and upwards come on you whites!

Too early mate

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 10:25 - Nov 4 with 1962 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Cardiff City vs Swansea City Match Day Thread on 21:23 - Nov 3 by Molliemick

The selection of JJS gave me the opposite feeling!
His attitude is for him to look good and stuff the team. Alright maybe that's harsh but me isn't a team player and our successes over the last 10 years have been through the establishment of a strong team ethic. We don't look like that anymore

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024