Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan. And so it begins... 15:21 - Nov 18 with 6886 views442Dale

In the Mirror: Wolves had someone watching him on Saturday, weighing up a 250k bid.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:26 - Nov 18 with 4546 viewsDaley_Lama

£250K?

It always seems to be rumours of £250K bids for our players, Holt, Lambert, Murray, Buckley, O'Grady etc.

Whatever happened to inflation?

I won't settle for rumours less than £272,453 this season.

Poll: DF in or out

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:34 - Nov 18 with 4523 viewsSwissdale

Unfortunately due to our previous financial positions (or lack of nerve from the board) this is the type of offer that we will ALWAYS accept, and other clubs know it.

Can't see us ever getting any more than this for ANY player as clubs know they have us over a barrel at this price.

I wonder if just once we held our nerve and let a transfer window shut without selling someone at this price other clubs would up their bids?
Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:51 - Nov 18 with 4474 viewsisitme

Isn't he under contract for another season?

At least let him play out the season with us, he might be worth more then?
Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:53 - Nov 18 with 4466 viewsDaleaholic

I personally think (& hope) that we'll hold out this season until someone shows us some fooking respect and offers us a proper sum of money. We've got a title contending side here, it would be a sin to sell ANYONE.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:54 - Nov 18 with 4464 viewsSuddenLad

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:34 - Nov 18 by Swissdale

Unfortunately due to our previous financial positions (or lack of nerve from the board) this is the type of offer that we will ALWAYS accept, and other clubs know it.

Can't see us ever getting any more than this for ANY player as clubs know they have us over a barrel at this price.

I wonder if just once we held our nerve and let a transfer window shut without selling someone at this price other clubs would up their bids?

Craig Dawson didn't go for that amount and we had him back for another year on loan. If Hogan goes, we should get decent dosh. Goal scorers are worth hanging on to.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:05 - Nov 18 with 4431 viewsSwissdale

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:54 - Nov 18 by SuddenLad

Craig Dawson didn't go for that amount and we had him back for another year on loan. If Hogan goes, we should get decent dosh. Goal scorers are worth hanging on to.

True.

But Buckley, Holt, Lambert, Murray and O'Grady did (not counting Le Fondre as he wasn't integral
to the team at the time).
Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:12 - Nov 18 with 4407 viewsbatman

It would be nice if the Board issued a statement along the lines of 'we are in a stable financial state at the moment and dont need to be selling our best players, promotion is our number one objective, unless of course, the offer is too good to resist' Even if it wasn't/isn't true,
Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:34 - Nov 18 with 4330 viewsdeeplishblue

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:12 - Nov 18 by batman

It would be nice if the Board issued a statement along the lines of 'we are in a stable financial state at the moment and dont need to be selling our best players, promotion is our number one objective, unless of course, the offer is too good to resist' Even if it wasn't/isn't true,

I don't see why the board should issue a statement just because there has been a rumour.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:35 - Nov 18 with 4319 viewsSuddenLad

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:05 - Nov 18 by Swissdale

True.

But Buckley, Holt, Lambert, Murray and O'Grady did (not counting Le Fondre as he wasn't integral
to the team at the time).

I think we are better placed now to stand our ground than at any time when the previous transfers you mention took place.

O'Grady moved at a difficult time for everybody and during the 'transitional phase' after KH had gone. He appeared only for the first game of the season at Hillsborough and then went. Similar with Le Fondre. One appearance of the season at Port Vale and gone (reportedly to pay the VAT bill). He didn't actually WANT to go and said so.

We were never going to hold on to Holt or Lambert at the time but I reckon there is a far greater chance of Hogan staying than going - especially if he listens to sense and takes the advice KH will undoubtedly give him.

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:38 - Nov 18 with 4306 viewsDale_Pea

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:12 - Nov 18 by batman

A board statement would probably do more damage than good. Best to just ignore this one I think.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:39 - Nov 18 with 4301 viewsColDale

When it comes to valuations, I think there's a big difference if we have someone at 25 / 26 scoring lots of goals, they aren't deemed to have the potential of someone doing it at 21 like Hogan is.
Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:53 - Nov 18 with 4237 viewsmightydale

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:39 - Nov 18 by ColDale

When it comes to valuations, I think there's a big difference if we have someone at 25 / 26 scoring lots of goals, they aren't deemed to have the potential of someone doing it at 21 like Hogan is.

Keith hill as already stated after Reece went to Hyde that no other players will be leaving

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:57 - Nov 18 with 4206 viewsSuddenLad

Hogan. And so it begins... on 16:53 - Nov 18 by mightydale

Keith hill as already stated after Reece went to Hyde that no other players will be leaving

In the same way he didn't want Murray to leave ? KH will undoubtedly make his feelings known, but ultimately the decision will lie with the Board (and the player).

If Hogan has any sense he can/will stop here and build a better reputation for himself and become a better player in the meantime.

If he's got the potential most seem to think he has, there will be bigger clubs than Wolves sniffing around.

Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:23 - Nov 18 with 4136 viewsTalkingSutty

Its great to see other clubs taking interest in our players again and if Hogan keeps improving and the right offer comes in then obviously we have to safeguard the clubs future.

I cant believe we would sell before the end of the season because a promotion or Wembley final would generate more cash than a 250,000 transfer fee.

This must be music to the Chairmans ears, well done Hilly because the finances of the club are always paramount and the Hogan signing is proving a great bit of business.
Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:39 - Nov 18 with 4092 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, we are a selling club and that is very much part of the club's business model but the timing of the sale is crucial. At this point in time it looks like Hogan is our prize asset but unless a good offer is made (minimum £300k in my opinion) then I am sure he will stay. He still has to prove himself and I am sure he is enjoying the Dale environment, wanting to get us in the play-offs or better. And there is no ready-made replacement so it would be foolish to get rid now.

I agree, we have let go of our assets too cheaply and it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. Like I said, without serious dosh on the table this lad won't be going anywhere soon.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:44 - Nov 18 with 4067 viewsD_Alien

Someone should give him Bobby Grant's mobile number

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:46 - Nov 18 with 4057 viewsmaybee

I think Hogan has a 2 year contract, with us having (very much on our terms) an option for a 3rd year.
He is very young, quite raw, and obviously bursting with potential, which is exactly what higher league teams look for.

Methinks there will be much paper talk and stories of various clubs being interested in the coming few months.
Hogan. And so it begins... on 18:52 - Nov 18 with 3906 viewssandylaner1

too soon.

let him have a few seasons in league one with us first
Hogan. And so it begins... on 18:56 - Nov 18 with 3888 viewsArthurDaley

Alright, who started the rumour, that Wolves have got 250k ?.

A large VAT Dave

Hogan. And so it begins... on 19:19 - Nov 18 with 3826 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:23 - Nov 18 by TalkingSutty

Its great to see other clubs taking interest in our players again and if Hogan keeps improving and the right offer comes in then obviously we have to safeguard the clubs future.

I cant believe we would sell before the end of the season because a promotion or Wembley final would generate more cash than a 250,000 transfer fee.

This must be music to the Chairmans ears, well done Hilly because the finances of the club are always paramount and the Hogan signing is proving a great bit of business.

Dead right. For a club like ours saleable assets are vital to keeping us afloat. Grant aside we had nothing in the post Hill mk 1 era. It's horrible when they go, and there is nothing to suggest Hogan will do yet, but it is testament to our, as a club, and their, as individuals, success that they do. To think otherwise will render us equally deluded as the neighbours we criticise so much.

We can attempt to keep them here as long as possible to assist their career, and in some cases it works. However, it would be stupid to try and match bigger clubs on wages.

As regards the stick the board is getting, I've heard the board has done exceptionally well on accepting a lower upfront fee in return for getting the buying club to accept sell-on clauses.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hogan. And so it begins... on 22:19 - Nov 18 with 3507 viewsmikehunt

Dagenham got a million squiddlies from a sell on this season. That's the sort of sell on we should be looking for. We get shafted every time.
Have we upped the trigger clause in players' contracts yet? Or is this something a player sets? I seem to remember we had to let Holt and Perkins go for less than clubs were prepared to offer because of the trigger in the contract being so low.
£250k is pocket money to most Championship clubs and we should hold out for a fair price for our talent.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hogan. And so it begins... on 09:47 - Nov 19 with 3241 viewselectricblue

Are Dale in the position of needing to sell the odd asset again...
I know the era of coleman was over budget etc but if the rumours are correct about wolves making an offer of £250k in my eyes its not a lot now adays...
Surely Dale are on a more sound footing and dont need to sell....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hogan. And so it begins... on 10:06 - Nov 19 with 3220 views49thseason

D&R got £1m from the sell on when Dwight Gayle moved from Peterborough to Palace, so I guess Palace paid at least £2m maybe £3m for a striker who had scored 22 goals in 55 league appearances to the end of October and is aged 24 at the present time.

By comparison Hogan has 7 in 16 and is 21. I would suggest we put a £2.5m ticket on his back and see if anyone bites. Equally it's said Reading only paid Rotherham £350k for Le Fondre so who knows what a striker in L1 or L2 is worth?
Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:56 - Nov 19 with 2982 viewsTalkingSutty

Take a look at our average home gates and that answers your question regarding having to sell players.
Hogan. And so it begins... on 17:49 - Nov 19 with 2823 views442Dale

Hogan. And so it begins... on 15:56 - Nov 19 by TalkingSutty

Take a look at our average home gates and that answers your question regarding having to sell players.

Every penny counts and the waywedo deals when selling players has always been very good and we continue to benefit well after they've gone.
If as much detail was put into the day to day business we'd reap more rewards too, and maybe it would help delay the inevitable and understandable player sales.

I actually think that Hogan could move tomorrow and do it at Championship level. No need for discussions about him growing as a player, even though he'd clearly benefit much more playing every week in L2 than once every so often higher up; he's got what it takes already. Some footballers can see the game around them on a different level to other on the pitch, Hogan is one of those. Witness his appreciation of Tutte's run even though he hadn't really started making it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024