Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ekotto 19:38 - Jan 18 with 8101 viewsbosh67

Can anyone remember a player at QPR who could so effortlessly pluck a ball out the air and have it glued to his foot in an instant?

I can only think of Roy Wegerle. Totally different player but Ekotto is a very very special football technician. A real joy to watch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ekotto on 06:37 - Jan 19 with 1754 viewsJonDoeman

Ekotto on 01:17 - Jan 19 by Pommyhoop

We do appreciate a hard won throw in or a slightly harrased oppo goalkeeper

An Ekotto thread probably isn't the best place to have a pop at Mackie...

It Is What It Is !!

Ekotto on 08:14 - Jan 19 with 1729 viewswood_hoop

Ekotto on 23:05 - Jan 18 by gobbles

For someone who apparently doesn't give a sh1t, according to some, he doesn't half cover a lot of ground when he chases back.

Problem with gifted footballers they make it look so easy when you know it ain't.

Even moving round the pitch they seem to make it look efffortless, its not always running around like a clockwork mouse that can be of the most value, its your position after a breakdown of play that can be far more effective, a full back going forward should have a covering player if play does break down, just maybe at times that is not happening and HR's instructions for this are not followed or maybe there ain't none and there will always be a risk when he joins in a attack.l
Ekotto on 08:20 - Jan 19 with 1724 viewsCharlie1

Ekotto on 08:14 - Jan 19 by wood_hoop

Problem with gifted footballers they make it look so easy when you know it ain't.

Even moving round the pitch they seem to make it look efffortless, its not always running around like a clockwork mouse that can be of the most value, its your position after a breakdown of play that can be far more effective, a full back going forward should have a covering player if play does break down, just maybe at times that is not happening and HR's instructions for this are not followed or maybe there ain't none and there will always be a risk when he joins in a attack.l

Best left back we've ever had.

2:59 baby!

Ekotto on 08:51 - Jan 19 with 1706 viewsdavman

Ekotto on 08:20 - Jan 19 by Charlie1

Sorry, that'll always be Willo for me. He and the Bard proved how much quality full backs can influence a team in a positive way.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 8:52]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ekotto on 08:53 - Jan 19 with 1701 viewsPunteR

Great player. We won't get a much better player in that position,even when in the premier league imo.
As for his commitment or effort in the game,I'm sure his style has been the same throughout his long successful career and not just being laid back because he's at QPR.
You can't teach an old dog new tricks,so I'm gonna enjoy watching him while his here. Gary Borrowdale anyone?!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ekotto on 08:55 - Jan 19 with 1699 viewsdavman

Ekotto on 08:14 - Jan 19 by wood_hoop

Maybe.

He put some superb crosses in and his positional plan was top class. Maybe I'm wrong; just my opinion. Still, the -3 rating my original post has tells me I MUST be wrong, eh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ekotto on 09:27 - Jan 19 with 1672 viewsCHUBBS

I love watching this guy play.
To say he doesn't care is absolutely ridiculous,he was easily one of the best players out there.
The piece of skill to control that ball was incredible and almost worth the entrance fee.
Its players like him that get the fans/atmosphere going.
Ekotto on 09:37 - Jan 19 with 1656 viewsShackletonR

I like him, he's like Berbatov can look like he dosn't fancy it but can then look world class, also Charlie and him seem to be getting on better now, touched hands yesterday instead of pushing him over, after shooting over rather than pull back to Austin.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Ekotto on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 1639 viewsscot1963

Ekotto on 09:37 - Jan 19 by ShackletonR

I like him, he's like Berbatov can look like he dosn't fancy it but can then look world class, also Charlie and him seem to be getting on better now, touched hands yesterday instead of pushing him over, after shooting over rather than pull back to Austin.

Exactly. Because they make it look easy people mistake effortless for laziness.

Some people are just never happy and will whinge over anything
Ekotto on 10:51 - Jan 19 with 1594 viewsbosh67

For me Ekotto isn't a lazy player at all. Anyone that can read the game like he does, especially in his own area and not only pick pocket the ball off an attacking player but also then chip 2 other players to set Traore on a run from his own corner flag is hardly lazy.

I think he is technically better than Adel, even though he plays a different position. I actually think he is technically better than Niko as well.

He's the best technical player I have seen since Wegerle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ekotto on 12:24 - Jan 19 with 1537 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ekotto on 10:51 - Jan 19 by bosh67

For me Ekotto isn't a lazy player at all. Anyone that can read the game like he does, especially in his own area and not only pick pocket the ball off an attacking player but also then chip 2 other players to set Traore on a run from his own corner flag is hardly lazy.

I think he is technically better than Adel, even though he plays a different position. I actually think he is technically better than Niko as well.

He's the best technical player I have seen since Wegerle.

Agree with all this. Best left back since the just-plain-superb Wilson.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ekotto on 13:56 - Jan 19 with 1489 viewsTheBlob

What,better than Ian "Roberto Carlos" Gillard?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ekotto on 14:58 - Jan 19 with 1451 viewsCharlie1

Ekotto on 08:51 - Jan 19 by davman

Sorry, that'll always be Willo for me. He and the Bard proved how much quality full backs can influence a team in a positive way.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2014 8:52]

Willo is and will always be my favourite LB.

But BAE consistently does things willo could not. Some of the flicks and touches were outrageous for a left back.
I think he's bored half the time.

2:59 baby!

Ekotto on 15:06 - Jan 19 with 1449 viewsWestActon

Ekotto on 19:58 - Jan 18 by WilloW4

I'm not a fan of ekotto.. I dislike his arrogance, his "I'm too cool and to run at the same time" attitude...his positioning first half at times was woeful. Little tommy Carroll ended up trying to stop at cross at left back.. Where was ekotto? Playing with his gloves on the half way line..pissed me right off..... Positives, sublime skill to pass with ease from a high ball, and he supplied the corner for chas winner.. So credit there, but then his corner school end, and that 'shot' from 7 yards..IMHO , be great to have a left back who looks like he gives a shit.

Lets not let the truth get in the way of your view. I remember the exact occasion your talking about when Carroll was defending at Left back and the reason for that was because BAE had over lapped but Carroll played an easy pass short and therefore was only covering left back due to his own error not BAE fault at all
Ekotto on 16:00 - Jan 19 with 1387 viewskensalriser

Is there any actual evidence that he doesn't care/has a bad attitude/isn't trying?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ekotto on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 1370 viewspaulparker

Sorry he aint the best LB we have ever had
Wilson was miles better, he was also cool , calm & collected, he could defend had pace could cross and took a mean penalty
also Ian Dawes was a better LB than BAE, he was like Willo without the pace
any the old man reckons Gillard

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ekotto on 17:01 - Jan 19 with 1340 viewsthemodfather

if already mentioned, sorry but TREVOR FRANCIS would bring the ball down on his ankle, and then was perfectly balanced to either tight or left
even in his late 30's he was some player, one of the best i've seen at qpr
all those injuries damaged his career and likely england then too.
w ehad a midfield once of
TREVOR FRANCIS, PETER REID, RAY WIILKINS And the young whippersnapper andy sinton (quality in his own right)
with wegerle and ferdinand up front.....bardsley maddix macdonald wilson and seaman
wowsers!
Ekotto on 17:13 - Jan 19 with 1326 viewsWilloW4

Ekotto on 16:43 - Jan 19 by paulparker

Sorry he aint the best LB we have ever had
Wilson was miles better, he was also cool , calm & collected, he could defend had pace could cross and took a mean penalty
also Ian Dawes was a better LB than BAE, he was like Willo without the pace
any the old man reckons Gillard

100% agree.. Wilson ways class. So was Dawes and Gillard. Ekotto is the best left back we've ever had!! NO HE AINT !!
Ekotto on 17:20 - Jan 19 with 1318 viewsWilloW4

Ekotto on 15:06 - Jan 19 by WestActon

Lets not let the truth get in the way of your view. I remember the exact occasion your talking about when Carroll was defending at Left back and the reason for that was because BAE had over lapped but Carroll played an easy pass short and therefore was only covering left back due to his own error not BAE fault at all

Oh, ok, bless ekotto.. So he wasn't being a lazy arse bastard then!!!?
Ekotto on 20:48 - Jan 19 with 1254 viewsGrant165

In my time only Willo is anywhere near as good.

Ekotto looks an absolute cut above at this level.
Ekotto on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 1236 viewsYorkRanger

Ekotto on 20:48 - Jan 19 by Grant165

In my time only Willo is anywhere near as good.

Ekotto looks an absolute cut above at this level.

The fact that we are comparing BAE with our best ever left backs is, in itself, a great statement about the ability that BAE has....
Ekotto on 22:17 - Jan 19 with 1194 viewsbosh67

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/qpr-spurs-full-back-benoit-assou-ekotto-pulled

Never knowingly right.

Ekotto on 22:54 - Jan 19 with 1185 viewsgobbles

If he didn't give a crap, he wouldn't even have gone for that ball
Ekotto on 01:27 - Jan 20 with 1167 viewsRangersAreBack

No chance.
Ekotto on 01:28 - Jan 20 with 789 viewsRangersAreBack

Ekotto on 16:00 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

Is there any actual evidence that he doesn't care/has a bad attitude/isn't trying?

Making a beeline for Austin?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024