Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup 23:18 - Mar 4 with 4484 viewsRangersAreBack

Roy Hodgson has criticised an online petition calling for Tom Cleverly to be banned from the World Cup Squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26442914

The petition has so far gained over 10,000 signatures.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/the-fa-ban-tom-cleverley-from-the-world-cu

I can think of a few worthy of a petition banning them from the QPR squad.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 23:36 - Mar 4 with 3842 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'm not a fan of Cleverley but this petition is utterly ridiculous. The stupidty of some to even sign up to this confuses me. Pointless

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 23:55 - Mar 4 with 3816 viewsBluce_Ree

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 23:36 - Mar 4 by RANGERS4EVER

I'm not a fan of Cleverley but this petition is utterly ridiculous. The stupidty of some to even sign up to this confuses me. Pointless

This.

The whole thing is the work of c**ts.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 00:08 - Mar 5 with 3810 viewsozexile

Agree what an awful thing to do to a young player.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 01:50 - Mar 5 with 3768 viewsRangersAreBack

Agree, hard to believe that over 10,000 have signed the petition. Why Tom Cleverley I wonder (as opposed to any other England player)?
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 01:52 - Mar 5 with 3766 viewsjamois

Utterly futile and hateful exercise. The irony of course is that it's likely to give him a better chance than without it. I also feel the petition misses the point that many want to make - that it seems that simply by being a Manure squad player, or any Top 5 team player of some mediocrity, gives you a better shout at an England cap than playing outstandingly for anyone else.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 01:56 - Mar 5 with 3763 viewsKiwi76

Plenty more players & even more pundits you'd like to remove from World Cup ahead of him.
Pretty tough on a young player to be singled out so publicly - hope doesn't start a trend.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:00 - Mar 5 with 3619 viewsPey

Really Sad case
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:08 - Mar 5 with 3609 viewsdanehoop

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:00 - Mar 5 by Pey

Really Sad case

Bit harsh Pey. He isnt that bad a player.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:40 - Mar 5 with 3562 views18StoneOfHoop

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:08 - Mar 5 by danehoop

Bit harsh Pey. He isnt that bad a player.

Agree with all the comments above.
Really moronic hateful spit.
England will always fook up - no chance of them winning the World Cup (or advancing beyond the quarters even) in my lifetime - so there will always be scapegoats.
How many petitions would we have had over time?
for the likes of:
John Barnes
Emil Ivanhoe Heskey
Geoff Thomas
Carlton Palmer
Paul Robinson
Rob Green
Etcetera ,etcetera,etcetera..ad infinitum

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:43 - Mar 5 with 3555 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kerry Dixon's a lucky man he predated the internet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:43 - Mar 5 with 3553 viewsstonebridgers

I wonder how may signatures they would have got if they did a Beckham never to play for England again after his sending off in the World Cup.
Yet a couple of years later they are fawning over him and singing his name.
Cleverley is no David Beckham but give the fella a break he isn't a bad player.

I wonder what agenda the person has that started this. IS he a disgruntled United Fan, A City supporter or just a pillock looking for a bit of publicity.

Stonebridgers

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 09:10 - Mar 5 with 3516 viewsRS44

I never forgave him for that. I didn't like him before which probably made my hatred even more severe.

Granted, he was such a talented footballer, but to leave arguably the worlds biggest club to go and play in a no mark league in a country that dosnt give 2 hoots about "soccer" for nothing other than money, proved to me he was a c***. Most lads would give there left arm to play for RM, yet this clowns more interested in money. Drives me mad. Don't like him, and don't like his manager. Sorry, his wife.

Back on subject though, it's a ridiculous petition. If it was to stop JT or Cashley or Fat Frank then if happily sign it, and with good reason too, but not a young lad that's got a pretty promising career ahead of him
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 09:13 - Mar 5 with 3507 viewsHAYESBOY

Absolute disgrace this................................should be Frank Lampard on the petition.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 09:19 - Mar 5 with 3495 viewstoboboly

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 08:43 - Mar 5 by stonebridgers

I wonder how may signatures they would have got if they did a Beckham never to play for England again after his sending off in the World Cup.
Yet a couple of years later they are fawning over him and singing his name.
Cleverley is no David Beckham but give the fella a break he isn't a bad player.

I wonder what agenda the person has that started this. IS he a disgruntled United Fan, A City supporter or just a pillock looking for a bit of publicity.

Cleverly is a terrible player, if he played for any other team he would be consigned to the reserves. The new Jenas.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 12:23 - Mar 5 with 3380 viewsJamie

Abysmal player who would never get a look if he didn't play for United. The only thing sadder than the petition is the way England teams are picked.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 12:41 - Mar 5 with 3346 viewsgjc104

Not a nice thing to do and pointless anyway.

With the usual football fan hypocracy...can we do the same thing so that Tom Carroll doesnt get into our 1st team again?!
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 12:48 - Mar 5 with 3329 viewsisawqpratwcity

No, this idea might have merit. How about we vote who gets into the England team? (Bring General Elections down to one year terms to keep the squad current.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 12:50 - Mar 5 with 3330 viewssimmo

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 09:19 - Mar 5 by toboboly

Cleverly is a terrible player, if he played for any other team he would be consigned to the reserves. The new Jenas.

His stats, particularly for passing, are actually quite good. But I do think if he played for a Norwich/Villa/Stoke/West Ham etc he wouldn't get a look in.

Look at Ashley Westwood, been quality for Villa in the middle of a struggling team, would not get anywhere close to Cleverleys place in the team because he is not playing for United or one of the other perceived big teams.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 13:35 - Mar 5 with 3268 viewsDiscodroid

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 12:50 - Mar 5 by simmo

His stats, particularly for passing, are actually quite good. But I do think if he played for a Norwich/Villa/Stoke/West Ham etc he wouldn't get a look in.

Look at Ashley Westwood, been quality for Villa in the middle of a struggling team, would not get anywhere close to Cleverleys place in the team because he is not playing for United or one of the other perceived big teams.

i have an irrational hatred of jodi morris, having had the misfortune to see him at close quarters out on the town in the late nineties at certain haunts.

i came to the conclusion he was a flash git. and would have happilyhave signed his death warrant let alone a petition.

*please note, lfw i dont actually wish death on any one! , perhaps a slight pummeling of the ribs.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 13:37]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 14:35 - Mar 5 with 3212 viewsadhoc_qpr

Cleverly is awful and shouldn't have been in the squad - not on form, not on potential and not of previous contributions.

Equally the petition is petty and blatantly Man Utd fans still throwing their toys out of the pram at having an off season.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 14:42 - Mar 5 with 3205 views18StoneOfHoop

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 13:35 - Mar 5 by Discodroid

i have an irrational hatred of jodi morris, having had the misfortune to see him at close quarters out on the town in the late nineties at certain haunts.

i came to the conclusion he was a flash git. and would have happilyhave signed his death warrant let alone a petition.

*please note, lfw i dont actually wish death on any one! , perhaps a slight pummeling of the ribs.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 13:37]

Au contraire,Droidy,hatred of Jody Morris is entirely rational.

Close personal friend of Captain Nazi & a poor man's third rate Dennis Wise in playing style he's a completely typical scummy Scum count:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-131725/Footballer-struck-bouncer-bottle

Tells us he has an awareness gift.Not aware enough to know how foo king boring he is :
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 14:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 14:45 - Mar 5 with 3197 viewswhittocksRs

The petition is not very nice but it does show the growing anti-United sentiment sweeping through football. How Cleverley is getting picked for England when the likes of Huddlestone and Westwood aren't is beyond me. His best form was when he was at Watford and Wigan and he has gone back since then - of course he didn't get a look in to the England team until he was back playing poorly at United.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 15:22 - Mar 5 with 3163 viewssmegma

This petition is pathetic. I don't rate Cleverly either BUT if you want to start a poll on who shouldn't be in the squad the list could be endless. I wouldn't sign it as it just gives the person who started it the oxygen of attention that he desperately seeks.

And no excuse or kudos by saying 'if it was XXXXX I'd sign it'. Grow up.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 16:05 - Mar 5 with 3130 viewsstuabd

If I was going to do one of these online petitions, I'd go for a 'let's veto the World Cup in Qatar'. They don't deserve it, it'll be horrible, and it showcases all that is wrong with football.
Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 19:58 - Mar 5 with 2936 viewsSpiritofGregory

Online petition to ban Tom Cleverley from World Cup on 16:05 - Mar 5 by stuabd

If I was going to do one of these online petitions, I'd go for a 'let's veto the World Cup in Qatar'. They don't deserve it, it'll be horrible, and it showcases all that is wrong with football.

Petitions do have their uses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024