Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 14:18 - Jul 26 with 9582 viewsdale18

Dale XI v Boro: Lillis, Rafferty, Lancashire, Tanser, Done, Hery, Lund, Allen, Hendo, Donnelly, Andrew #RAFC
Match Thread on 14:26 - Jul 26 with 5229 viewsDale23years

Bet Boro are shit scared of that forward line

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match Thread on 15:18 - Jul 26 with 5020 viewsBainesy15

0-2 Middlesbrough after 15 minutes, including a penalty conceded by Raf
Match Thread on 15:50 - Jul 26 with 4813 viewssandylaner1

Donnelly and Calvin andrew

Stuff of dreams there people
Match Thread on 15:50 - Jul 26 with 4803 views442Dale

Defensively all at sea. Could be down to nine men.

It's a 4-4-2 with Donnelly up with Andrew and it isn't working. Hery unlucky to come off, we need that midfield three.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread on 15:57 - Jul 26 with 4741 viewsisitme

Match Thread on 15:50 - Jul 26 by sandylaner1

Donnelly and Calvin andrew

Stuff of dreams there people

Andrew has looked okay and played the final pass for Henderson's goal. Donnelly has been Donnelly. I do agree with 442 we need an extra body in midfield. Hery did play 90 minutes in both the last two games so perhaps his substition was prearranged?
Match Thread on 16:07 - Jul 26 with 4688 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Thread on 15:57 - Jul 26 by isitme

Andrew has looked okay and played the final pass for Henderson's goal. Donnelly has been Donnelly. I do agree with 442 we need an extra body in midfield. Hery did play 90 minutes in both the last two games so perhaps his substition was prearranged?

Last home friendly and was expecting more tempo and urgency but there hasn't been any. A lot of sloppy play and too much long ball. Season starts in a fortnight and we look all over the place. Hope for a better second half.
Match Thread on 17:02 - Jul 26 with 4319 views442Dale

Maybe the selection and tactics are part of testing players in different situations which has been talked about previously, because the lack of subs and no change in the way we played has to have some explaination.

Would be unfair to judge Andrew in that formation with a player alongside him in a front two who neither read his flick ons or was able to co-ordinate runs into different areas.

Done and Allen played well but we need to get back to three in midfield with the current personnel.

Match Thread on 17:29 - Jul 26 with 4122 viewsRotherhamDale

We played 4-4-2 and couldn't get the ball in the first half. Second half was much better but we still didn't test their keeper.

Andrew looked okay, as did Tanser at centre back but Donnelly was... Never mind.

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 17:34 - Jul 26 with 4085 viewsYouTubeDale

Lillis bravely threw himself to the floor to collect the ball on a number of occasions to stop their attackers and he had a good game overall. He couldn't stop the first goal which was hit on the volley into the far corner. Both penalties were well taken and he couldn't get near them. Tanser was comfortable on the ball at the back but he sometimes kicked the ball too long or should have kicked it sooner. Calvin won most headers and, as said, provided Hendo for his goal after keeping the ball well. Lund did his usual tackles. Hendo controlled the ball well receiving the diagonals and looked our best outlet for a goal. We played better in the second half, but they were a good team nullifying much of our good work.

A good work out, in heat, for both teams and Calvin learning our traits and the rest of the team learning his traits.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread on 17:42 - Jul 26 with 4015 viewsRAFCRuss

Match Thread on 17:29 - Jul 26 by RotherhamDale

We played 4-4-2 and couldn't get the ball in the first half. Second half was much better but we still didn't test their keeper.

Andrew looked okay, as did Tanser at centre back but Donnelly was... Never mind.

according to twitter, Donnelly was receiving praise on his 2nd half performance from middlesboroughs press team.
Match Thread on 17:45 - Jul 26 with 3991 viewsRotherhamDale

Match Thread on 17:42 - Jul 26 by RAFCRuss

according to twitter, Donnelly was receiving praise on his 2nd half performance from middlesboroughs press team.

They must have been joking. He did have a shot that got stuck in the trees behind the sandy though.

Possession with progression.

Match Thread on 17:49 - Jul 26 with 3967 viewsolympicdale

They wont come up against many George Donnelly's in the Championship. Middlesborough were class, good touches in tight areas, and at times we were chasing shadows, only getting a foothold when their midfield backed off, the second penalty looked a brilliant tackle from the main stand, after which the referee became a pariah. A good work out for the lads, but I am not sure what Hill will gauge from the game, we are desperately short up front, Andrew, I thought had a good game, did his job well, but Donnelly....well, just terrible, his first touch controls it further than some can kick it, a new striker is a must.

P.S, what was that all about with the Steward racing at the away end, crazy stuff.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread on 18:08 - Jul 26 with 3824 views442Dale

Match Thread on 17:49 - Jul 26 by olympicdale

They wont come up against many George Donnelly's in the Championship. Middlesborough were class, good touches in tight areas, and at times we were chasing shadows, only getting a foothold when their midfield backed off, the second penalty looked a brilliant tackle from the main stand, after which the referee became a pariah. A good work out for the lads, but I am not sure what Hill will gauge from the game, we are desperately short up front, Andrew, I thought had a good game, did his job well, but Donnelly....well, just terrible, his first touch controls it further than some can kick it, a new striker is a must.

P.S, what was that all about with the Steward racing at the away end, crazy stuff.

Story was there were some drunken Boro fans fighting amongst themselves outside after being refused entry.

Match Thread on 18:08 - Jul 26 with 3828 viewsTVOS1907

They were racing to correct the spelling of Middlesbrough on the fixture board before anyone spotted it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 18:09 - Jul 26 with 3814 viewsChaffRAFC

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a right miserable get a lot of the time but I really thought today was poor. I might not be showing enough faith but I'm not sure Hill knows what team he's likely to field against Peterborough. Our two best centre ba ks for instance currently are Lancashire and Eastham yet they've not played together this pre-season. We lack bite in midfield anf have nobody to break the play up becausr all out better midfield options like Lund, Hery and Allen are more your attack minded players. A defensive midfielder coming in is essential.

The system we played today saw Allen get pushed out wide and he can't do it well enough and constantly pulls back inside leaving us wide open. We looked a lot better when Vincenti came on and we had more shape.

Calvin Andrew did well and you had to feel for him with George playing next to him. Fiest half especially, Donnelly was garbage. Improved slightly in the second half but that wasn't enough.

It's blatant enough that we need a goalscorer and we do not seem to have one and we can't rely on 10 goals a season from Henderson ad being our main threat. If we don't stregthen in the two areas I've mentioned then I don't see us staying up.

More rabbits need to come out of hats now.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread on 18:11 - Jul 26 with 3800 views442Dale

He tried hard.

Match Thread on 18:14 - Jul 26 with 3777 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread on 18:09 - Jul 26 by ChaffRAFC

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a right miserable get a lot of the time but I really thought today was poor. I might not be showing enough faith but I'm not sure Hill knows what team he's likely to field against Peterborough. Our two best centre ba ks for instance currently are Lancashire and Eastham yet they've not played together this pre-season. We lack bite in midfield anf have nobody to break the play up becausr all out better midfield options like Lund, Hery and Allen are more your attack minded players. A defensive midfielder coming in is essential.

The system we played today saw Allen get pushed out wide and he can't do it well enough and constantly pulls back inside leaving us wide open. We looked a lot better when Vincenti came on and we had more shape.

Calvin Andrew did well and you had to feel for him with George playing next to him. Fiest half especially, Donnelly was garbage. Improved slightly in the second half but that wasn't enough.

It's blatant enough that we need a goalscorer and we do not seem to have one and we can't rely on 10 goals a season from Henderson ad being our main threat. If we don't stregthen in the two areas I've mentioned then I don't see us staying up.

More rabbits need to come out of hats now.

I don't think you're miserable, Chaff, and that's a pretty accurate summing-up of today.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread on 19:11 - Jul 26 with 3524 viewsBFC

Match Thread on 18:08 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Story was there were some drunken Boro fans fighting amongst themselves outside after being refused entry.

(error)
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 19:15]
Match Thread on 19:19 - Jul 26 with 3479 views442Dale

Match Thread on 19:11 - Jul 26 by BFC

(error)
[Post edited 26 Jul 2014 19:15]

That's what someone said at h-t. Whatever it was, the fall by the steward as he ran round had to hurt... but he pretended it hadn't.

Match Thread on 19:54 - Jul 26 with 3343 viewsmacro

Hopefully mr Donnelly will watch most of the games this season from the stands. The boro media had to be taking the Michael.
Match Thread on 20:15 - Jul 26 with 3252 viewsDaley_Lama

Any idea why Vincetti was getting the bird from the boro fans throughout the second half?

Man of the match for me was Adam Reach, the lad who scored their first goal. His run in the second half where he beat 4 or 5 before passing it to Josh was ace, as was his goal. I read he was on loan at Bratfut last season, possibly part of the reason that JK was surplus to requirements.

The lad who scored their first pen cost 2.7 million and is called Enrique Garcia, I don't think the odd cat call of "bloody diving git" registered in his lug-hole.

From 90 yards away the second penalty looked terrible, but they should have had 2 given in the second half.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread on 20:18 - Jul 26 with 3240 viewsSwissdale

Hoping that today was an experiment. We haven't played 4-4-2 for a long time, so would be surprised if we lined up like that v posh.

What was painfully obvious today is the need for a striker. As hard as they might work, Donnelly and Andrew will be lucky if they score 10 goals between them this season. The kindest thing that people say about George is that he runs around a lot, and causes panic amongst central defenders. In reality, those seem to be his only assets as a footballer, which for a league one striker is laughable, and certainly not good enough.
Match Thread on 20:37 - Jul 26 with 3142 viewsTommoRAFC

Match Thread on 20:15 - Jul 26 by Daley_Lama

Any idea why Vincetti was getting the bird from the boro fans throughout the second half?

Man of the match for me was Adam Reach, the lad who scored their first goal. His run in the second half where he beat 4 or 5 before passing it to Josh was ace, as was his goal. I read he was on loan at Bratfut last season, possibly part of the reason that JK was surplus to requirements.

The lad who scored their first pen cost 2.7 million and is called Enrique Garcia, I don't think the odd cat call of "bloody diving git" registered in his lug-hole.

From 90 yards away the second penalty looked terrible, but they should have had 2 given in the second half.

They're number 9 was superb, he was everything you could ask for from a striker. Not sure what Vincenti did.

Agreed on the penalties, we could of been down to 9 men because of stupid individual errors.

Unfortunately for us there wasn't much to get excited about today. Hoping for a better performance on Tuesday and some new faces on show there too...

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Match Thread on 20:42 - Jul 26 with 3123 viewsNinco

From where I was sat, near the half way line, the reason the referee got abuse was because it looked as though the Boro player handballed it just before the penalty was given, and the thoughts of the fans were that a free kick should have been given to us for the handball, and then they would never have had a penalty. Vincenti was arguing with the referee about it just after it happened, then he came over to the dugout and told Beech what the referee said, but I couldn't hear what the referee's excuse was.

It was interesting when the referee came out that he was chatting away to the Middlesborough manager as if he had known him for years. Really pally with him, then he just walked past Hill without saying a word. Makes you wonder if there was more to it than meets the eye.

I heard that the issue with the stewards was that someone tried to break in to a car, hence the stewards in the main stand also running out so that both exits to the car park were covered.
Match Thread on 20:58 - Jul 26 with 3066 viewsBrierls

I don't know where the goals are going to come from. I think we can rely on Henderson and Hery to get 15 between them, but I can't see an awful lot beyond that.

Andrew is a better option than Donnelly, but god help us if they play together.

I wouldn't be as worried if we were water-tight defensively but we're really not! As things stand I think we'll concede a few too many and score nowhere near enough.

The addition of a Dawson type figure to protect the back four, and a goalscoring striker will make things look infinately more rosey!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024