Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread 21:51 - Dec 6 with 38405 viewsPlazex

Just thought I would get in early.

Poll: Where will we finish?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:25 - Dec 7 with 2511 viewsGeoffThom

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Dec 7 by dameedna

We did well, West Ham are as good as others are saying, we gave them a good game but second best today

No no no we didn't give them a game we were physically phish poor and allowed them to run it and bombard us with easy balls into the box our midfield was poor and our fullbacks totally inept
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Dec 7 with 2510 viewsLAKiM

What's with all the hate on Jazz? I though he played as well as could be expected and I don't think Taylor would have done any better to be honest.
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Dec 7 with 2455 viewsCaptain_Sham

At least we scored a goal. That's progress. Now if we can just
1) hold a lead
2) keep 11 players on the pitch
3) find a full back who can pass the ball ( forward passes an advantage)

we can start dreaming of the Europa league. Imagine how exciting that would be.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:29]

Its just a ride.

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Dec 7 with 2447 viewsBonjour

One to file in the "we were all shite and didn't deserve anything" drawer.

Poor in different variances from 1 to 11.

Shame, as I thought we might get something today with our passing game. The players forgot how to pass and control it though unfortunately.
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Dec 7 with 2437 viewsicecoldjack

Bottom line here is that playing west ham aint rocket science, even the dullest know what will happen at upton park, lump it in all day long init ?

So why the fook did it look like it took us by suprise ? seemed to me that there was too many senior players that didn't fancy it today.
Step forward Rangel, one of the worst performances ive seen from him in a few years.
Ash williams, bottled the battle today
Routs, just plain awful for most of the game.
Britton, nothing short of embarrasing really,didn't do anything at all today.
Jazz, just out of his depth

The rest i can forgive, Bony,siggy,montero while not superb had a go and tried hard, bartley at least showed fighting spirit, this truely was a horror show and a game to forget.

Monk and the senior players let themselves down today.

We were terrible and yet again our retaining of the ball is getting worse week by week, we have stopped controlling posession of the ball for some reason and at places like west ham its fatal to give it to them 60 yards out as it just gets lumped in from all angles.

Really crap, i hope it gives the players a kick up th a$$ because a few are starting to believe some of the press.

Top4 centre half ?

I think Fab will get that card recinded myself, can't see how he infringed the player enough for it to be a red, it looked like he was actually trying to get out the way.
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Dec 7 with 2432 viewsphact0rri

Red card was a complete windup, utter nonsense from the ref who I thought was doing well in the first half. guess the diference is which side is doing the contact. After Westham got a goal up he wouldn't stop blowing his whistle.

Though I don't think we were committed to playing so much against a rugby team, and we didn't put on the form we have been. And here I was hoping for a good match and some real football for once. but we pretty much got the same thing we always get when we come out there. Guess it extends our rivalry... I can't imagine the horror show it'll be when they visit the liberty.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Dec 7 with 2432 viewsunion_jack

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Dec 7 by monmouth

Doesn't pretend to be does he? One thing is for certain though, Jazz Richards wasn't responsible for that defeat.

We need to take this on the chin, as we were pretty much awful all over the pitch, but I really do think GM needs to have a good think about our attitude away from home, especially when getting a goal ahead seems to hinder, not help.

As a team game it us unfair to blame one player for a defeat BUT he didn't close Jenkinson down for the second goal and hashed up for the third. He's not a Prem player as much as I would like him to be, hence why we need two FBs in January.

We weren't at the races today though that's for sure (or the football).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 7 with 2383 viewsSenhin

Some of you love an overreaction. Ash, for once, wasn't seen covering at defense and sliding to intercept a pass at the last second countless times in the game like usual, and people are giving it the "and people thought he should be at a top 4 club?"

He can have an off day. Most people can. Kompany, Tiago Silva, etc can have a bad game. And the mediocre center backs at the likes of Arsenal etc have many more than just the one.

Jesus christ.

If I were a Swansea player and came on here after a defeat, or even a draw, I think I'd off myself.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Login to get fewer ads

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 7 with 2376 viewsperchrockjack

One in which we created a terrific goal but failed to add shortly after.
Ref kills us again, as fly was always going to.
..Tuesday we were fine , now ash is a chump..apparently

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 7 with 2379 viewslonglostjack

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:21 - Dec 7 by monmouth

Doesn't pretend to be does he? One thing is for certain though, Jazz Richards wasn't responsible for that defeat.

We need to take this on the chin, as we were pretty much awful all over the pitch, but I really do think GM needs to have a good think about our attitude away from home, especially when getting a goal ahead seems to hinder, not help.

Agreed. Should have uped the tempo when we'd silenced the crowd - wanted to slow it down after taking the leading hit them on the counter but should have gone for the kill.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 2262 viewsjojaca

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:19 - Dec 7 by Nogginthenog

Never seen Rangel so poor, lost count of the number of loose passes. Not at the fair today, same with Routs and jazz poor in that position. Oh well onward we go.

Fair play to West Ham they exposed all our weakness. The pressed us high up the pitch and we struggled to get out of our half at times. We were defending too deep and allowing their full backs to put crosses in. Just one little observation, why was there not a man on the post for corner. If Britton was on post, he would have been in right body position to head ball clear. Defeat to west ham hurts me more than any other team in premiership. I hate seeing big Sam smiling.

Even when you know, you never know?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 2262 viewsmonmouth

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Dec 7 by icecoldjack

Bottom line here is that playing west ham aint rocket science, even the dullest know what will happen at upton park, lump it in all day long init ?

So why the fook did it look like it took us by suprise ? seemed to me that there was too many senior players that didn't fancy it today.
Step forward Rangel, one of the worst performances ive seen from him in a few years.
Ash williams, bottled the battle today
Routs, just plain awful for most of the game.
Britton, nothing short of embarrasing really,didn't do anything at all today.
Jazz, just out of his depth

The rest i can forgive, Bony,siggy,montero while not superb had a go and tried hard, bartley at least showed fighting spirit, this truely was a horror show and a game to forget.

Monk and the senior players let themselves down today.

We were terrible and yet again our retaining of the ball is getting worse week by week, we have stopped controlling posession of the ball for some reason and at places like west ham its fatal to give it to them 60 yards out as it just gets lumped in from all angles.

Really crap, i hope it gives the players a kick up th a$$ because a few are starting to believe some of the press.

Top4 centre half ?

I think Fab will get that card recinded myself, can't see how he infringed the player enough for it to be a red, it looked like he was actually trying to get out the way.

Aye, giving it back to them constantly to lump into the box is not a good strategy. Eventually you get worn down and lose concentration and we sure did.

I don't think we'll ever win games like that, but I still wouldn't swap. Losing Fab against Totty is huge and, for me the worst thing about the whole day.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 2256 viewsswanduck

Dwight agrees it was a harsh red
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Dec 7 with 2224 viewsWxmJax

It was still offside for 3rd goal, Carroll 2 yds offside when goalie took the kick.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Dec 7 with 2208 viewslifelong

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 7 by perchrockjack

One in which we created a terrific goal but failed to add shortly after.
Ref kills us again, as fly was always going to.
..Tuesday we were fine , now ash is a chump..apparently

Ash is no chump, but he didn't have a good game. Am I allowed to say that?
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Dec 7 with 2199 viewssnork44

Two team I want us to muller at the Liberty are Stoke RFC with that vile sweatie Adam and West Spam with that pony tailed w@nker and fat Spam! I don't know why I hate those two teams most in the prem.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 7 with 2154 viewsperchrockjack

Sending is right.
Last week ash is making vital blocks and keeping team going ..now he should be dropped for a fella for has been injured for months.
Sometimes, as fans, we are disgusting and frankly maybe we deserve days like this .

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Dec 7 with 2150 viewsicecoldjack

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:30 - Dec 7 by Senhin

Some of you love an overreaction. Ash, for once, wasn't seen covering at defense and sliding to intercept a pass at the last second countless times in the game like usual, and people are giving it the "and people thought he should be at a top 4 club?"

He can have an off day. Most people can. Kompany, Tiago Silva, etc can have a bad game. And the mediocre center backs at the likes of Arsenal etc have many more than just the one.

Jesus christ.

If I were a Swansea player and came on here after a defeat, or even a draw, I think I'd off myself.

Yes i agree with you that he can have an off day, and nothing wrong with that, the point many are perhaps making is that is why he plays for swansea not a top 4 club.

For me its no shock that our worst players by far today are the players that have tasted regular defeat up there, it almost looked like we were defeated straight from the whistle.

Our superb forward play is hiding the fact we are in need of defenive improvements and it's also hiding the fact that we have stopped controlling the football .

If the captain is having an off day thats fair enough but he still needs to set the tone within the team, at one point Bartley was screaming like fook at Ash after another dodgy set piece.

Anyway, its a bad day at the office but to be honest im more concerned with the fact that our football and our control of the ball in these types of games is now almost non exisistant , we have also been around long enough not to fall into the same traps time and time again!

Very frustrating indeed !

As somebody mentioned earlier, Andy carroll is grant holt, both appear to be like cryptonite to Ash Williams !

Having said that it doesn't help when andy carroll gets marked by mr flakey, rangel, and is totally free on the second one!

The boys have done great so far this season but drop 2 players like siggy and bony out the team and we are bang average, we don't even play keep ball anymore, which sometimes we need to do to nulify the opposition fans and team.

move on and forget this one i think !
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Dec 7 with 2107 viewsStarsky

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Dec 7 by lifelong

Ash is no chump, but he didn't have a good game. Am I allowed to say that?

Good lord no. Get stuck into Jazz instead

It's just the internet, init.

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Dec 7 with 2073 viewsAquinas

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 7 by perchrockjack

Sending is right.
Last week ash is making vital blocks and keeping team going ..now he should be dropped for a fella for has been injured for months.
Sometimes, as fans, we are disgusting and frankly maybe we deserve days like this .

Where on this thread has anyone said anything disgusting?

The Police's treatment of Hillsborough was disgusting. The US Police's treatment of Eric Garnier was disgusting.

TCC saying Williams should be dropped or Monk should keep quiet is far from 'disgusting'.
The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Dec 7 with 2055 viewsStarsky

Positive mentions today for
bony
Montero
Sigurdsson
Bartley... Our best defender today. plenty of passion. Loved the wagging finger.
As for the rest? Groundhog Day at West Ham.

It's just the internet, init.

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Dec 7 with 2008 viewsperchrockjack

Neither did. Point is , ash has saved us more often than he s lost us.

Hammering jazz won't help, but some people clearly quick to jump into monk, which is not new is it.

On Tuesday, he was fine...or was he...were his detractors just waiting . Sickening really.

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Dec 7 with 1997 viewsJackfath

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Dec 7 by Starsky

Positive mentions today for
bony
Montero
Sigurdsson
Bartley... Our best defender today. plenty of passion. Loved the wagging finger.
As for the rest? Groundhog Day at West Ham.

Bartley for England.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Dec 7 with 1982 viewsSenhin

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Dec 7 by icecoldjack

Yes i agree with you that he can have an off day, and nothing wrong with that, the point many are perhaps making is that is why he plays for swansea not a top 4 club.

For me its no shock that our worst players by far today are the players that have tasted regular defeat up there, it almost looked like we were defeated straight from the whistle.

Our superb forward play is hiding the fact we are in need of defenive improvements and it's also hiding the fact that we have stopped controlling the football .

If the captain is having an off day thats fair enough but he still needs to set the tone within the team, at one point Bartley was screaming like fook at Ash after another dodgy set piece.

Anyway, its a bad day at the office but to be honest im more concerned with the fact that our football and our control of the ball in these types of games is now almost non exisistant , we have also been around long enough not to fall into the same traps time and time again!

Very frustrating indeed !

As somebody mentioned earlier, Andy carroll is grant holt, both appear to be like cryptonite to Ash Williams !

Having said that it doesn't help when andy carroll gets marked by mr flakey, rangel, and is totally free on the second one!

The boys have done great so far this season but drop 2 players like siggy and bony out the team and we are bang average, we don't even play keep ball anymore, which sometimes we need to do to nulify the opposition fans and team.

move on and forget this one i think !

Yeah... An off day... But because he had an off day he can't play for a top 4 side?

The point I am making is that all defenders, no matter how good, can have an off day. The world class ones will have an off day. And as for some of the shite at the big clubs, I've not seen them have many good days to make up for their off days.

Ash has been great for us this season, and I don't see why 1 bad game now means people who have suggested he's good enough for a top team are mad.

Didn't we have one of the best defensive records in the league this year not so long ago? He's a huge reason behind that, and that's with a defense consisting of players you say need to be replaced with improvements. Ash would be even better with higher quality defenders around him, meaning he'd be better for a top 4 club than he is for us, and he's already good enough for some of those sides.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Dec 7 with 1894 viewsItchySphincter

The West Ham United vs Swansea City Official Matchday Thread on 15:40 - Dec 7 by perchrockjack

Sending is right.

Yeah, but fans overreacting to fans who overreact to a defeat are just as dull as each other.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024