Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44341 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 16:17 - May 19 with 2498 viewsBklynRanger

It's not very exciting or inspiring to see the guy who presided over our relegation get a 3 year contract. Can't say it was his fault we got relegated, far from it; but he did have it in his power to keep us up and didn't.

I think TF has had it drummed into him by Les that the club needs to cut costs, start again in many respects, and that he strongly believes that CR is the right man to do that. I also think that TF cannot conceive of us getting relegated next season, whereas its perfectly possible.

So I'm not excited at all about this, and the fact that there was apparently no interview process is the worst part about it. But we'll see. One thing we're going to get from Ramsey is commitment to the job on many levels and hopefully that's enough for now. Basically I'm 50/50 on it for now.
Its Chris on 16:17 - May 19 with 2498 viewsstevec

Its Chris on 15:20 - May 19 by daveB

Why do you think SWP will get a new deal?

We could have appointed Mourinho and those 3 would probably be off this summer.

Dave, I hope SWP doesn't but it wouldn't surprise me now.

Agree on Austin but I think an appointment that looked like we would compete was more likely to hang onto Fer and Phillips. Even supporters of CR only have aspirations under him of a mid table finish, hardly the inspiration to keep any decent players or attract any up and coming players.

Let's face it, fans pre season expectations are usually a lot higher than their team is capable of, which suggests we are in for another relegation battle.
Its Chris on 16:23 - May 19 with 2482 viewsCFW

Its Chris on 14:55 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

Cant wait to see who the new CEO is!

Probably another of Sir Les's mates!!!

This has always been a given as far as can see - it was bloody obvious he was going to get the appointment. First of all he is the cheap option, secondly he is Sir Les's best mate and thirdly a lot of players have been sucking up to him during the past few weeks.

This is NOT what I wanted for our club and I do totally agree with other posters that we have not drawn up a short list of candidates, held interviews and selected the best candidate for the job.

The worry for me is that someone who is supposed to be a very well respected coach was unable during the past three months to coach a team of experience players to defend. We can go on about BZ being a donkey, not signing another forward to help Charlie and losing Remy before the start of the season but the facts are we have scored enough goals to stay in the Premier Division. It has been our defending that has cost us big time.

Whilst I fully appreciate you can only work with what you have WBA and Palace sorted out their defensive problems PDQ with the same players. To me we cannot defend, hold on to the ball or pass the ball to one of our players when we are under pressure.

I do think however by making this decision early (even though it might not be what we wanted) it gives the club ample time to sort out things early. IMHO we will see exactly what Ramsey is like within the first month from the end of the season. I want him to be ruthless - I want him to sort out Traore and Adel early and I want him to be strong, look for a few good signings, good loans and adopt a playing system and stick with it.

I want Sir Les to step up - ban Twitter (as he said he is going to do) with NO EXCEPTIONS, I want him to look beyond Spurs rejects and employ young people with fresh ideas. I want Bond to go, I want our Chairman to stop making a dick of himself with stupid promises he cannot keep. Most of all I want to get back to enjoying supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years.
Its Chris on 16:24 - May 19 with 2482 viewsGloucs_R

I give him 10 games before the knives are out.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Its Chris on 16:26 - May 19 with 2480 viewsCFW

Its Chris on 14:55 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

Cant wait to see who the new CEO is!

Probably another of Sir Les's mates!!!

This has always been a given as far as can see - it was bloody obvious he was going to get the appointment. First of all he is the cheap option, secondly he is Sir Les's best mate and thirdly a lot of players have been sucking up to him during the past few weeks.

This is NOT what I wanted for our club and I do totally agree with other posters that we have not drawn up a short list of candidates, held interviews and selected the best candidate for the job.

The worry for me is that someone who is supposed to be a very well respected coach was unable during the past three months to coach a team of experience players to defend. We can go on about BZ being a donkey, not signing another forward to help Charlie and losing Remy before the start of the season but the facts are we have scored enough goals to stay in the Premier Division. It has been our defending that has cost us big time.

Whilst I fully appreciate you can only work with what you have WBA and Palace sorted out their defensive problems PDQ with the same players. To me we cannot defend, hold on to the ball or pass the ball to one of our players when we are under pressure.

I do think however by making this decision early (even though it might not be what we wanted) it gives the club ample time to sort out things early. IMHO we will see exactly what Ramsey is like within the first month from the end of the season. I want him to be ruthless - I want him to sort out Traore and Adel early and I want him to be strong, look for a few good signings, good loans and adopt a playing system and stick with it.

I want Sir Les to step up - ban Twitter (as he said he is going to do) with NO EXCEPTIONS, I want him to look beyond Spurs rejects and employ young people with fresh ideas. I want Bond to go, I want our Chairman to stop making a dick of himself with stupid promises he cannot keep. Most of all I want to get back to enjoying supporting the team I have followed for over 50 years.
Its Chris on 16:28 - May 19 with 2475 views08olesen

Dont really know what to think about this.

Negatives: He said 'we will create a style of play once we bring in some players'. Thats not how it should be, look at Swansea, Barcelona, Arsenal, West Ham. They bring in players to fit their system not the other way round.

I also did not like how he seemed to rule out doing well next season. If we go into next season with an attiude of mid table...that is where we will most likely finish. We have to try and keep the drive for BPL football whilst creating a stable club. we are in the wrong business if the plan isnt to do well and go up.

Positve: he seemed very proud to be manager of QPR, which is a lot more than you can say about the last two and talks a good game. Lets just hope he can do the business.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Its Chris on 16:33 - May 19 with 2446 viewsGetMeRangers

This whole thing confuses me. When harry left we hadnt won any away points and looked unlikely to get any more. Our home run in didnt look much better.

When many on here speak of other managers I am neither convinced that they would necessarily have the right calibre to turn the club around and suspected that the main criteria was to get us back up asap with some of the transfer business that the likes of the kind of transfer business we have done over recent years.

I may fall into the minority but I would like to see a change of direction for the club, rebuilding it in a manner that was similar to that of the team I supported in my younger years.

Chris Ramsey feels as if he fits into the mould of someone who might be able to achieve that, with the help of LF.

If it is true that the players are united (perhaps explaining some of the love in for SWP and a mainly united squad) and he is rewarding players for commitment and giving youth a chance, then I dont think there is too much wrong with that as a starting point.

I am pleased he has been given the opportunity and will support him more than some of the managers we have had in the past... Mullery and Hart are two examples of managers that I really couldnt get behind.

I do hope he goes to prove many of the soothsayers on here wrong.
Its Chris on 16:35 - May 19 with 2436 viewsnightwish

Re Wigan this season,QPR will be in the same position next season such a bad appiontment
Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 16:44 - May 19 with 2388 viewsGloucs_R

Got a feeling it could be another relegation battle next season.

Dont know what style we want to play
Dont know where to find players
No squad
Inexperienced management team

Not impressed by the interview he gave at all.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Its Chris on 16:50 - May 19 with 2360 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

Its Chris on 16:54 - May 19 with 2343 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 16:24 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

As many as that??

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 16:55 - May 19 with 2335 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 16:17 - May 19 by stevec

Dave, I hope SWP doesn't but it wouldn't surprise me now.

Agree on Austin but I think an appointment that looked like we would compete was more likely to hang onto Fer and Phillips. Even supporters of CR only have aspirations under him of a mid table finish, hardly the inspiration to keep any decent players or attract any up and coming players.

Let's face it, fans pre season expectations are usually a lot higher than their team is capable of, which suggests we are in for another relegation battle.

I just don't understand why you think SWP will get a new deal, it's not as if he's been a regular under Ramsey.

Phillips has played his best football for years under Ramsey so he may well want to continue working with him. I'm not fussed if Fer goes really, he's massively over rated.
Its Chris on 16:55 - May 19 with 2329 viewsdaveB

Its Chris on 16:24 - May 19 by Gloucs_R

knives were out weeks ago
Its Chris on 16:56 - May 19 with 2329 viewsRangersDave

Oh dear,

sorry but to say that who would come to Rangers with no 3 year package in place misses the biggest points of all.

After the recent 2 pant pulling downs by Hughes and Hound dog, you approach things slightly differently having learned. (not a word i associate with TF i'm afraid).

Its so simple its laughable......

1) interview prospective managers from a list, and whittle the list down based on what the manager replies to your questions (note your questions, not his)
2) give prospective managers a salary per year based on a years rolling contract, which automatically renews based on performance and league position.
3) As the manager would be a hungry, eager one, you also give him win bonuses and monthly league position bonuses making his salary very high providing he gets results
4) You tell him a sum which will be available to him for players for the whole season (2 windows) and tell him he must cut the cloth accordingly
5) You tell him that the better we do the more he earns and that a truly confident manager would relish this challenge.

Easy, points make prizes and longevity within QPR

Instead we go for (inexperienced) Les's and Tony's bitch because we are now cheap skates with no idea, as opposed to rich bastards with no idea!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Its Chris on 16:56 - May 19 with 2324 viewsA40Bosh

Its Chris on 16:50 - May 19 by SimonJames

I hope that as a club (and I presume we don't and they are not biting the hand that feeds) that we do not have any business dealings with these tossers and it would be great to ram it back down their throats this time next year.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Its Chris on 17:05 - May 19 with 2264 viewsswitchingcode

Good apointment,you have to respect TF for the must have continuality Warnock Hughes and Arry now Ramsey may the slide continue lol
Its Chris on 17:14 - May 19 with 2200 viewspaulparker

Its Chris on 16:12 - May 19 by PinnerPaul

No manager would sign for less than 3 years, especially not the dream ones everyone on here wants/expects!

How do you know ?
And how would the club know if they don't interview anyone
So Chris Ramsey is the only manager in the world who would accept our offer
Dreary me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Its Chris on 17:15 - May 19 with 2193 viewsGetMeRangers

The interview on his appointment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/exclusive-interview-chris-ramsey-qpr-head-coac
Its Chris on 17:17 - May 19 with 2174 viewsRangersw12

Its Chris on 17:05 - May 19 by switchingcode

Good apointment,you have to respect TF for the must have continuality Warnock Hughes and Arry now Ramsey may the slide continue lol

Out of interest who will be the bigger cup final for you next season us or Fulham ?
[Post edited 19 May 2015 17:19]
Its Chris on 17:18 - May 19 with 2170 views08olesen

Its Chris on 16:56 - May 19 by RangersDave

Oh dear,

sorry but to say that who would come to Rangers with no 3 year package in place misses the biggest points of all.

After the recent 2 pant pulling downs by Hughes and Hound dog, you approach things slightly differently having learned. (not a word i associate with TF i'm afraid).

Its so simple its laughable......

1) interview prospective managers from a list, and whittle the list down based on what the manager replies to your questions (note your questions, not his)
2) give prospective managers a salary per year based on a years rolling contract, which automatically renews based on performance and league position.
3) As the manager would be a hungry, eager one, you also give him win bonuses and monthly league position bonuses making his salary very high providing he gets results
4) You tell him a sum which will be available to him for players for the whole season (2 windows) and tell him he must cut the cloth accordingly
5) You tell him that the better we do the more he earns and that a truly confident manager would relish this challenge.

Easy, points make prizes and longevity within QPR

Instead we go for (inexperienced) Les's and Tony's bitch because we are now cheap skates with no idea, as opposed to rich bastards with no idea!

So TF brings in Arry and Hughes and gets criticized for the big name appointment. He brings in Ramsey and gets criticized for having a cheap appointment. Only at QPR

Poll: Who will the other play off

Its Chris on 17:19 - May 19 with 2169 viewsRickyDicky

Ramsey being a coach, we might have match ready and fit players for the start of the season that trained bloody hard over the summer. Hopefully that wouldn't be too much to ask , the other less likely wish would to be have only 1 or 2 over 30 years old.

Give him a chance I say.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 17:24]

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Its Chris on 17:23 - May 19 with 2141 viewsstevec

Its Chris on 16:56 - May 19 by A40Bosh

I hope that as a club (and I presume we don't and they are not biting the hand that feeds) that we do not have any business dealings with these tossers and it would be great to ram it back down their throats this time next year.

Maybe that's how TF plans to pay off the fine. Lump on the generous odds that Paddy Power will offer now CR is in charge, sack him around the end of October then go all 'Alex Neil' on them and clean up at the end of the season.

Now I can see what he's doing, I like it Tony.
Its Chris on 17:27 - May 19 with 2124 viewsHollowayRanger

Its Chris on 13:47 - May 19 by A40Bosh

I echo these sentiments and will take the position that as it stands, "it is what it is" as far as Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

I think some on here have this view of the world of football and that it is easy to be successful in it and therefore they imagine that it is simply only TF not having an f'in clue how to run a football based business and that his incompetence is the root cause and sole cause of all our woes.

What I have been hearing on the grapevine was that the dream manager was and remains Clement and the deal was ironed out that he would stay where he was until the end of the season and then IF QPR were still in the Premier League then he would take over the reigns. This has now been concluded because we have been relegated and we therefore have to move on.

So others say Warburton, and they cannot believe that Warburton has not been snapped up and its as if Warburton has been waiting frantically for his mobile phone to ring because he is so desperate to join a relegated club who speculation says are about to be fined 3 years worth of transfer window budgets in FFP fines and up until last week being touted as starting next year in the Conference.

***edit to add Wikipedia quote*** - "Between the outbreak of the news and the end of the 2014—15 season, Warburton was linked with the managerial jobs at Leicester City,[66] Fulham,[67] Queens Park Rangers,[68] Aston Villa, Derby County,[69] Newcastle United, Leeds United and Norwich City.[70][71]"

The way some on here go on about us simply going out and getting the top young managers we want - like it's that easy - to me it's the same thing as an aging, saggy ex-model who merely had a couple of good years on Page 3 and Playboy back when her best assets were young pert and unwrinkled in the 80's, but has more recently been caught on camera with her knickers down groping Peter Stringfellow in the back of a taxi and now she is acting all hurt and surprised when, after walking into a club full of young studs and shouting out at the top of her voice "I'm here boys, come and get me", they turn around, take one look at the scraggy old bird and turn their attentions back to pulling someone else.

Good Luck CR
[Post edited 19 May 2015 14:02]

so your saying if ramsey had kept us up he would be out of a job with clement taking over

but as we went down he gets to keep the job

wow there's an incentive to pick swp

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Its Chris on 17:28 - May 19 with 2120 viewshopphoops

Its Chris on 14:04 - May 19 by simmo

Is that all that matters? Would you have that utter penis Sherwood over Ramsey purely because he would do better in the short term? (potentially).

I think we're spiklt between those that care about results, status and the league we're in, and those that are happy to be a mid table Championship team in a shitty little stadium with limited players giving their all and possibly falling short.

I have said it before and I meant it, I would rather support a shit team that never wins anything but does things in what I consider to be 'the right way' - so I can be proud of them. Then a team that wins and has the best players and management at the expense of our soul and credibility. In short, I would rather be relegated every season and play in donated kit than have a team managed by Sherwood and captained by Joey fckin Barton.

I logged in just to up arrow that.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Its Chris on 17:32 - May 19 with 2097 viewsactonman

Well, the best I can conclude is we have stopped searching the bins at Harrods and settled for a food parcel at lidl !

A different approach from tone but no real strategy !

Made to sound like throwing money at the club didn't work so we will now start from scratch building the right way (as most people have wanted)

well good luck Chris , unfortunately I fear it will all end in tears again

Oh and if fkin bondy bondage strap is staying as a number 2 then we deserve everything we get
[Post edited 19 May 2015 17:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024