Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its Chris 11:58 - May 19 with 44363 viewsPinnerPaul

Official
Its Chris on 17:32 - May 19 with 2568 viewsPinnerR

Its Chris on 12:41 - May 19 by danehoop

As I said on a previous thread, many on here may have overated our attractiveness to the people they'd like us to appoint. We may have approached others but been given a polite refusal (Warburton springs to mind) given our financial issues, poor set up, lack of infrastructure, recent history and not even owning our own training ground.
They may simply have decided that on balance he was the best option available to us of the actual choices available.

He is our manager now, so he has my support. Just hope he can make a better fist of it than Bagpuss.

Matthew Hayden said that anyone wanting to apply to be England cricket coach would be crazy, and that may well apply to us.

With the exception of no-hopers like Phart for example, would any out of work manager want to come to LR?
Its Chris on 17:37 - May 19 with 2549 viewsderbyhoop

It's not really a surprise but I'm yet to be convinced it is the right appointment.
He did take over Redknapp's inadequate squad, without the benefit of any transfer window, but it's hard to say he made a decent fist of what he had at his disposal.
Despite that, the players seem to respect him, he has a reputation as very good coach, he recognises that the club needs to regain its soul and, which might be the killer point, he is probably the cheapest option available.

We're going to be in for a very busy Summer. I believe that what Les Ferdinand does is likely to be far more important than Ramsey's input. At least until the players report for pre-season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Its Chris on 17:39 - May 19 with 2533 viewsTheBlob

Its Chris on 14:04 - May 19 by simmo

Is that all that matters? Would you have that utter penis Sherwood over Ramsey purely because he would do better in the short term? (potentially).

I think we're spiklt between those that care about results, status and the league we're in, and those that are happy to be a mid table Championship team in a shitty little stadium with limited players giving their all and possibly falling short.

I have said it before and I meant it, I would rather support a shit team that never wins anything but does things in what I consider to be 'the right way' - so I can be proud of them. Then a team that wins and has the best players and management at the expense of our soul and credibility. In short, I would rather be relegated every season and play in donated kit than have a team managed by Sherwood and captained by Joey fckin Barton.

I think you'll find that's Barnet.Directions to the ground can be found on Google.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Its Chris on 17:41 - May 19 with 2520 viewsHollowayRanger

two big pluses were the way fer and phillips turned up to play under him

but the performance v wet spam a game we HAD TO GO FOR still winds me up big time and the city roll over wtf was that

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Its Chris on 17:41 - May 19 with 2519 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 17:39 - May 19 by TheBlob

I think you'll find that's Barnet.Directions to the ground can be found on Google.

Football is getting closer and closer to the point where I start supporting a non league team, but I am not quite ready for it yet - not full time anyway

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Its Chris on 17:42 - May 19 with 2513 viewsDiscodroids

" oh hello !! Managers-R-US !!...im looking to locate a manager who can be operated like Roger de courceys nookie bear..A man who i can control With absolute totality like Dudley Rushes lion glove puppet from ' keep it in the family'. A likeness to Phillip From 'rising damp ' would be advantageous, though not essential....Im on a budget , i can only go to free nobbys nuts from the sprinbok for his followers.

He is Rather old? You do? Oh, oh, that's wonderful....Christopher Ramsey You Say !"

"my name ?..Oh Yes ,, Fernandes ......Anthony Francis Fernandes .."

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Its Chris on 17:44 - May 19 with 2511 viewseastside_r

Its Chris on 16:17 - May 19 by BklynRanger

It's not very exciting or inspiring to see the guy who presided over our relegation get a 3 year contract. Can't say it was his fault we got relegated, far from it; but he did have it in his power to keep us up and didn't.

I think TF has had it drummed into him by Les that the club needs to cut costs, start again in many respects, and that he strongly believes that CR is the right man to do that. I also think that TF cannot conceive of us getting relegated next season, whereas its perfectly possible.

So I'm not excited at all about this, and the fact that there was apparently no interview process is the worst part about it. But we'll see. One thing we're going to get from Ramsey is commitment to the job on many levels and hopefully that's enough for now. Basically I'm 50/50 on it for now.

I tend to agree with this.

It has the feel of the 2001 relegation, when Gerry bailed out towards the end to let Ollie take us down.

We're one division better off but about £200m worse off!
Its Chris on 17:44 - May 19 with 2508 viewsitsbiga

Its Chris on 17:41 - May 19 by simmo

Football is getting closer and closer to the point where I start supporting a non league team, but I am not quite ready for it yet - not full time anyway

I started supporting Dulwich Hamlet a few years back as a 2nd team. Its nice not to have the drama and circus freakshow media bs.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Login to get fewer ads

Its Chris on 17:50 - May 19 with 2482 viewsactonman

Its Chris on 17:44 - May 19 by itsbiga

I started supporting Dulwich Hamlet a few years back as a 2nd team. Its nice not to have the drama and circus freakshow media bs.

Give it a couple of years and we'll be playing them !
Its Chris on 17:51 - May 19 with 2481 viewshighleverhoopL

Who is going to pick the team, Sir Les or Coach Chris?

Did someone say Les did the half time talk on Sat?

Perhaps Les is really going to be the manager but Chris has to front for him because
Les forgot to do his badges?
Its Chris on 17:53 - May 19 with 2492 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 17:44 - May 19 by itsbiga

I've taken much more of an interest in non-league in the last few years. Partly due to the guy next to me supporting Dorchester - their away days and random football stories of small town teams are great - but mainly because I am sick of the fckin Sky Sports hyperbole nonsense that ruins a lot of football and attracts people that like entertainment rather than the actual game.

It's one of the main reasons I am keen to be shot of the premiership and why I am not keen to go back, it;s much more fun in the lower leagues, the play-offs are proof of that.

Its Chris on 17:56 - May 19 with 2474 viewsSimonJames

Its Chris on 17:15 - May 19 by GetMeRangers

The interview on his appointment

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/exclusive-interview-chris-ramsey-qpr-head-coac

"We have to first of all see where we're gonna get the players from...and whose available... until we know that, the style of play, we can't really forge it yet". No No No No NO!

"We wanna play a slick style, you know, passing, movement..." No sh1t Sherlock!

"We're in talks about making sure that the culture is set right. So that... players, whoever comes in, realise that they're very fortunate to be at a club like Queens Park Rangers..." So stop bleating about being released by Spurs.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Its Chris on 17:58 - May 19 with 2460 viewssimmo

Its Chris on 17:58 - May 19 with 2460 viewsterryb

Its Chris on 14:58 - May 19 by stevec

I now expect..
a mass exodus of our better players, Phillips and Fer close on the heels of Austin.
new deal for SWP
a collapse in season ticket sales.

I hope Ramsey proves me wrong but I have seen nothing in the last 4 months to convince me he's the answer.

That was going to happen whoever we appointed. (apart for the new deal for SWP). If only because SWP would not accept a cut in wages to stay with us!

The sales of ST's will be decided by price, not by Ramsey being in charge.
Its Chris on 17:58 - May 19 with 2460 viewsTheBlob

The grub's better mate,and it won't stick in your throat.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Its Chris on 18:02 - May 19 with 2427 viewsjohncharles

Its Chris on 17:41 - May 19 by HollowayRanger

two big pluses were the way fer and phillips turned up to play under him

but the performance v wet spam a game we HAD TO GO FOR still winds me up big time and the city roll over wtf was that

I think Ramsey tried to go for it with what ammunition he had available. We got annihilated but would a 1-0 defeat been any better ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Its Chris on 18:02 - May 19 with 2432 viewsgobbles

Its Chris on 13:10 - May 19 by Monkey_Roots

Good.

I don't think its fair to judge him at the back end of a 'back end' of a season.

Full pre-season, big clear out, sir Les alongside, hopefully a few bucks to spend.

We all wanted to start afresh, we have a top coach eager to do well with something to prove, the so called 'experienced' managers have done feck all, so this is potentially a step in the right direction.

The clock starts as soon as the whistle blows to end this disaster of a season, he'll have my full support - lets see how he does.

URSSSS
[Post edited 19 May 2015 13:12]

So what do you judge him on? That is his only senior management experience.
Its Chris on 18:14 - May 19 with 2378 viewsBedford_R

What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing time and time again and expecting a different result. I say give Ramsay a chance and then we'll see what happens at the end of the season. We cannot keep on going through these tired and used up old managers and expecting them to actually deliver. Maybe Clement would have worked. Maybe Warburton might have worked but I don't see it there is something wrong in the background at QPR and that needs to be sorted out as well as the first team coach. It's quite simple really. No matter what manager we get in we always seem to struggle. Time for a new broom and a new strategy and maybe Ramsey is the start of it.
[Post edited 19 May 2015 18:55]

RMH_R Reborn

Its Chris on 18:15 - May 19 with 2368 viewsjohncharles

Its Chris on 18:02 - May 19 by gobbles

So what do you judge him on? That is his only senior management experience.

But not his only experience by a long way. He's managed Spurs youth team and I thought we all wanted more youth players in the squad or did I get that wrong ? How many of you want more aging mercenaries ? So why are moaning about a manager who be concentrating on youth ?

You wonder who was doing the coaching at Spurs when they were a good team a few years ago.

We all know now that it wasn't Redknapp.

Strong and stable my arse.

Its Chris on 18:18 - May 19 with 2361 viewsPunteR

All things considered I think its a sensible appointment.
I honestly think we wouldn't get much better. Pulis wouldn't touch us with a barge poll, Clement if he really wanted the job he would have it by now. Warburton probably wouldn't work with Sir Les. Alladyce would be Redknapp mark2. People rave about Sean Dyche but he's got relegated too,ok he has a smaller budget but then Ramsey hasn't even had a budget yet.
There's no magic formula, Ramsey is a good coach and has the best intentions for QPR, he's got things wrong but he's got things right as well. He wont be here forever and if he's the start of putting the foundations in for QPR long term then I'm happy with that.
We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again and I feel Ramsey is a change of direction for TF.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Its Chris on 18:31 - May 19 with 2320 viewsnightwish

Yes I expect I will be watching my local clubs Eastbourne United and Hastings United more next season
Its Chris on 18:34 - May 19 with 2298 viewstimcocking

Good luck Chris!
Its Chris on 18:38 - May 19 with 2278 viewslondonscottish

Its Chris on 18:18 - May 19 by PunteR

All things considered I think its a sensible appointment.
I honestly think we wouldn't get much better. Pulis wouldn't touch us with a barge poll, Clement if he really wanted the job he would have it by now. Warburton probably wouldn't work with Sir Les. Alladyce would be Redknapp mark2. People rave about Sean Dyche but he's got relegated too,ok he has a smaller budget but then Ramsey hasn't even had a budget yet.
There's no magic formula, Ramsey is a good coach and has the best intentions for QPR, he's got things wrong but he's got things right as well. He wont be here forever and if he's the start of putting the foundations in for QPR long term then I'm happy with that.
We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again and I feel Ramsey is a change of direction for TF.

Sensible post shocker - I pretty much agree with all that,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Its Chris on 18:42 - May 19 with 2263 viewstimcocking

I wish the moaners would shut up and give him a fair chance. He can't be blamed for inheriting Redknapp's disaster zone. But for a few late goals, he'd have turned it around and kept us up brilliantly.

Give the bloke a chance and stop crying like babies!
Its Chris on 18:43 - May 19 with 2264 viewsgobbles

Its Chris on 18:15 - May 19 by johncharles

But not his only experience by a long way. He's managed Spurs youth team and I thought we all wanted more youth players in the squad or did I get that wrong ? How many of you want more aging mercenaries ? So why are moaning about a manager who be concentrating on youth ?

You wonder who was doing the coaching at Spurs when they were a good team a few years ago.

We all know now that it wasn't Redknapp.

Because those are the only options - Rednapp or Ramsey??? In the whole world of football, that's it?

We have a "first team coach" who got the job with no senior experience and a director of football who has never signed a player.

He can't b completely excused our relegation. The Palace away and West Ham at home games were enough to show me he was not the right man. Tactics looked poor, selections odd and he didn't seemed to inspire anyone. Also, who would trust a coach who would go to the papers to slag off his "bad eggs"?

Concentrating on youth is great if you have a bunch of great young players. The under-21s are fourth in League Two (South), the under 18s are seventh in League Two (South).
[Post edited 19 May 2015 18:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024