Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hery leaves 19:06 - Jun 24 with 11603 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/bastien-hery-departs-2505951.aspx

Wonder what clinched it for Keith Curle to sign Hery? Bet he heard some good things about him from someone.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2015 19:08]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hery leaves on 12:20 - Jun 25 with 2901 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hery 's exit gives us another chance to bring someone in on potentially decent money.......sure Hilly will have his phone charged for the end of the month when unplaced players/agents are more receptive.

Agree that Logan staying may not be a bad thing..........kick on lad and show us what you can do (still think he was good against Forest)
Hery leaves on 14:06 - Jun 25 with 2777 viewsTomRAFC

A fantastically talented player who sadly struggled to apply those talents tactically.

I wish him all the best.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hery leaves on 14:38 - Jun 25 with 2727 viewsDaley_Lama

Hery leaves on 03:08 - Jun 25 by downunder

What does that mean?

I meant he is skillful but you never quite knew what he was going to do sith the ball. Nor did his team-mates some time. Sometimes possibly he even confused himself.

Poll: DF in or out

Hery leaves on 20:19 - Jun 25 with 2552 viewsrobshaker

is he for real after what he said or is he working his way up slowley ?

he's swapped one sh ithole for another.

at least in ragtown u can get a bus to Bury.

"this famous old club"
Hery leaves on 21:00 - Jun 25 with 2480 viewsnordenblue

Hery leaves on 20:19 - Jun 25 by robshaker

is he for real after what he said or is he working his way up slowley ?

he's swapped one sh ithole for another.

at least in ragtown u can get a bus to Bury.

"this famous old club"

Do you go at your mattress nice and "slowley"?
Hery leaves on 21:33 - Jun 25 with 2421 viewsrobshaker

Hery leaves on 21:00 - Jun 25 by nordenblue

Do you go at your mattress nice and "slowley"?

would u like to see sometime
Hery leaves on 09:48 - Jun 26 with 2258 viewsBobbyjoe

Shame; (yet) another dis-incentive for the less committed.
Hery leaves on 10:01 - Jun 26 with 2238 viewsisitme

Hery leaves on 09:48 - Jun 26 by Bobbyjoe

Why?

A fringe player leaving the club will prevent less committed supporters attending games? Have I missed something?
Login to get fewer ads

Hery leaves on 10:17 - Jun 26 with 2208 viewsBobbyjoe

Hery leaves on 10:01 - Jun 26 by isitme

Why?

A fringe player leaving the club will prevent less committed supporters attending games? Have I missed something?

Inasmuch as he was a joy to watch in any given game, thus giving pleasure to those who only go occasionally, and who, thus, see each game as an entity in itself rather than as part of a bigger picture. The more committed take satisfaction in less easy-on-the-eye players who "do a job" in the wider context of a season-long campaign. It wasn't necessarily a criticism, more a lament. No need to get shirty!
Hery leaves on 11:06 - Jun 26 with 2153 viewstazzydjr

Hery leaves on 10:17 - Jun 26 by Bobbyjoe

Inasmuch as he was a joy to watch in any given game, thus giving pleasure to those who only go occasionally, and who, thus, see each game as an entity in itself rather than as part of a bigger picture. The more committed take satisfaction in less easy-on-the-eye players who "do a job" in the wider context of a season-long campaign. It wasn't necessarily a criticism, more a lament. No need to get shirty!

Carlisle should achieve 3rd at best in League 2 at worst a play off spot going off all their current signings

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hery leaves on 11:22 - Jun 26 with 2139 viewsRotherhamDale

Other than his goal at Swindon, I can't think of anything else that he did. He was half decent in the promotion run in, but he's very very replaceable.

Possession with progression.

Hery leaves on 11:45 - Jun 26 with 2108 viewsdingdangblue

Hery leaves on 11:22 - Jun 26 by RotherhamDale

Other than his goal at Swindon, I can't think of anything else that he did. He was half decent in the promotion run in, but he's very very replaceable.

Won the penalty to beat Cov, contributed loads during our great form in September. When he got dropped for a half fit Lund v Barnsley the writing was on the wall.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hery leaves on 11:55 - Jun 26 with 2088 viewsaleanddale

Agree with that BJ.

Winning 4-3 with a 90+5 winner ( Calvin? ) is a better option for the less committed than a dour 1-0 that technically might be superior but not as attractive on the eye.

I see your point ( as a dye in wool Daley who takes any win or draw gladly!!! )

Hery is talented.. Think he will do very well if given a run in carlisles starting line up.
Hery leaves on 11:57 - Jun 26 with 2087 viewsSuddenLad

Hery leaves on 11:06 - Jun 26 by tazzydjr

Carlisle should achieve 3rd at best in League 2 at worst a play off spot going off all their current signings

With that manager ? Unlikely I would say.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hery leaves on 12:10 - Jun 26 with 2059 viewsisitme

We do have other players who are a joy to watch as well. We scored some wonderful goals last season and generally play football that is easy on the eye.

I would also question that he was a joy to watch in any given game. For all his flair, him dwelling on the ball in his own third or misplacing an easy pass leading to the opposition scoring did not provide joy to any type of supporter. Why do 'committed supporters' take satisfaction from player who does a job over flair players? I would say that different people value different aspects of players and derive enjoyment from different things on a football pitch, regardless of whether they are a 'committed' supporter or not.

Also I was not getting shirty at all, people can have a different point of view without any animosity intended. As you have elaborated on your initial post I understand your point of view, but still do not agree with it, but hey that is life!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2015 12:14]
Hery leaves on 12:13 - Jun 26 with 1955 viewsdingdangblue

Hery leaves on 11:57 - Jun 26 by SuddenLad

With that manager ? Unlikely I would say.

Simmo led them to back to back titles!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hery leaves on 18:34 - Jun 26 with 1796 viewsnordenblue

Hery leaves on 21:33 - Jun 25 by robshaker

would u like to see sometime

Im fine thanks,i know banging a mattress is just up your street but to the average man on the street its just not cricket
Hery leaves on 22:37 - Jun 26 with 1623 viewsTVOS1907

Hery leaves on 09:48 - Jun 26 by Bobbyjoe

I would imagine the majority of the committed or the less-committed have decided whether they are going to the game or not well before the inclusion of a particular individual is announced an hour before kick-off!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hery leaves on 23:09 - Jun 26 with 1594 viewsBobbyjoe

Hery leaves on 22:37 - Jun 26 by TVOS1907

I would imagine the majority of the committed or the less-committed have decided whether they are going to the game or not well before the inclusion of a particular individual is announced an hour before kick-off!

As I consistently discovered to my cost re Paddy when Simpson would regularly leave him on the bench, (though he did also start him more than any other manager, I would guess). But am I really alone in preferring to watch flawed, talented players over limited, more reliable ones?
Hery leaves on 00:02 - Jun 27 with 1566 viewsTVOS1907

Hery leaves on 23:09 - Jun 26 by Bobbyjoe

As I consistently discovered to my cost re Paddy when Simpson would regularly leave him on the bench, (though he did also start him more than any other manager, I would guess). But am I really alone in preferring to watch flawed, talented players over limited, more reliable ones?

Not alone, but in a minority.

And I'd say Dale's eighth-placed finish suggests the others perhaps weren't that limited.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 0:03]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hery leaves on 00:54 - Jun 27 with 1544 viewsD_Alien

Hery leaves on 00:02 - Jun 27 by TVOS1907

Not alone, but in a minority.

And I'd say Dale's eighth-placed finish suggests the others perhaps weren't that limited.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 0:03]

I guess it's about the team, which in the time that Hilly's been manager has always been greater than the sum of the individuals on the pitch.

I'm with BJ though, to a large extent, and I believe the Dale were actually a better team with Hery in it, as my several "stats" posts demonstrated once he'd been sidelined.

[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 0:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hery leaves on 01:53 - Jun 27 with 1514 viewsAtThePeake

Hery leaves on 11:55 - Jun 26 by aleanddale

Agree with that BJ.

Winning 4-3 with a 90+5 winner ( Calvin? ) is a better option for the less committed than a dour 1-0 that technically might be superior but not as attractive on the eye.

I see your point ( as a dye in wool Daley who takes any win or draw gladly!!! )

Hery is talented.. Think he will do very well if given a run in carlisles starting line up.

There isn't a person on this forum that would rather win 1-0 than 4-3 - but a 1-0 win is a much more attainable and likely scoreline

Similarly I'd rather see us win a dour 1-0 than lose a thriller by a 4-3 scoreline.

Tangled up in blue.

Hery leaves on 09:40 - Jun 27 with 1397 viewsisitme

Hery leaves on 23:09 - Jun 26 by Bobbyjoe

Again, I understand your point of view but it comes down to what the individual percieves as talent. Who is to say that a reliable player can't show moments of brilliance? Look at Bennett's wonder goal against York or Rafferty's long range strike last season.

Some may enjoy seeing someone take on two players then lose the ball and see it as being entertaining. Others like the Hollywood ball, an overlap exploited, third man running, pressing the ball, a well worked corner, the list goes on.

I'm sure most supporters enjoy attractive football (apart from Mr get it forward who sits near me) but i'm not sure that Hery leaving will stop people attending games, well apart from his entourage!
[Post edited 27 Jun 2015 13:46]
Hery leaves on 10:24 - Jun 27 with 1337 views442Dale

Hery leaves on 01:53 - Jun 27 by AtThePeake

There isn't a person on this forum that would rather win 1-0 than 4-3 - but a 1-0 win is a much more attainable and likely scoreline

Similarly I'd rather see us win a dour 1-0 than lose a thriller by a 4-3 scoreline.

Don't necessarily agree with the last point. I've come away from plenty of 1-0 wins thoroughly bored by what I've seen, whereas the 4-3 defeat to Huddersfield lives long in the memory. 27 years actually!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hery leaves on 12:50 - Jun 27 with 1276 viewsdingdangblue

I think Hery got a raw deal from Hill when he mentioned his decision making or taking risks. All I ever saw was a really talented footballer who trusted his ability to try things. One of the worst pieces of decision making last season was Tom Kennedys backpass at Gillingham - no one ever goes on and on about his decision making?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024