Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching another team 14:32 - Sep 10 with 2188 viewsaston_hoop

Following on from the Clapton thread, does anyone else regularly get along and watch football elsewhere? Of course QPR will always be the only team for me but to get my football fix this season, I've bought myself a season ticket at my local team Real Mallorca. €75 for the privilege of second flight football for a season in Spain sounded like a great idea but after the first game, the quality was almost non-league.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Watching another team on 15:02 - Sep 10 with 2148 viewslondonscottish

Nearly went to see England the other day. Know how you feel.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Watching another team on 15:08 - Sep 10 with 2136 viewsGloucs_R

Used to see Slough a lot in the 90's and am waiting for Gloucester to return to Gloucester (next season hopefully) and I will take my kids to see them too.

Often wander down to the local park to watch Sunday league games, great entertainment!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Watching another team on 15:34 - Sep 10 with 2112 viewsballbag

Watched a bit of North Greenford United v Rushden and Diamonds last weekend.

Rushden actually brought quite a few (around 30) and sang throughout most of the game.

What on earth happened to them? I remember seeing us scrape a 1-0 win against them at Loftus Road only 10 years ago.
Watching another team on 16:00 - Sep 10 with 2075 viewscyprusmel

I watch Foinikas in the Cyprus 4th division they play at Ayia Marina near Polis, they were relegated along with my other team last season. Glory hunter that's me.
Watching another team on 16:51 - Sep 10 with 2029 viewsWestonsuperR

Watch Bristol Rovers and Weston-Super-Mare (Conf South) a few times each season but not a regular. I did go to the Conference Play-Off Final last season though so but of a Rovers glory hunter!
Watching another team on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 2006 viewsNorthernr

Used to see lots of Scunny and Grimsby midweek when I was based in the north, and barnet when they played in barnet when I first moved here, but not any more sadly.
Watching another team on 17:34 - Sep 10 with 1998 viewsNW5Hoop

I go to watch Wingate and Finchley (Ryman Premier) a fair bit, cos a friend follows them and it's near home and I can drink beer beside the pitch. Always try to catch a foreign game on holiday - this year it was Nantes v Guingamp. Dreadful game.
Watching another team on 17:38 - Sep 10 with 1995 viewsElHoop

Haven't been a Wealdstone regular since the Lower Mead days - now sadly Tesco - but the Stones have survived through sheer bloody mindedness so I get along once every new monarch. The ground may change but the fans don't - hopefully they can settle in Ruislip now.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching another team on 19:04 - Sep 10 with 1946 viewskropotkin41

double post.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2015 19:06]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Watching another team on 19:05 - Sep 10 with 1946 viewskropotkin41

I've been to see Carmarthen Town a few times. The chips are good; the tea is awful.

Attendance is pretty poor but I've seen some quite entertaining games. Y Dre' (The Town) fell away in the latter half of last season and the WPL has this stupid split thing going on. Even without the split TNS pretty much go every season unbeaten and have the league sown up as the only professional outfit around.

Seeing TNS play at Richmond Park (Carmarthen) was amazing. I think at the time it was 1st against 3rd or 4th, but the difference was huge...... pace and fitness mainly. Even when TNS went down to 10 men, they always looked like winning.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Watching another team on 20:37 - Sep 10 with 1873 viewskensalriser

Watching another team on 15:34 - Sep 10 by ballbag

Watched a bit of North Greenford United v Rushden and Diamonds last weekend.

Rushden actually brought quite a few (around 30) and sang throughout most of the game.

What on earth happened to them? I remember seeing us scrape a 1-0 win against them at Loftus Road only 10 years ago.

Rushden & Diamonds wentt bust a few years ago and had to start again as AFC.

Had to look that one up and discovered that Marcus Bignot played for us twice, either side of a stint at Rushden. I don't remember that at all, but I do remember the only goal he scored for us, a peach of a curler from the edge of the area as we beat Bury 3-0.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Watching another team on 21:05 - Sep 10 with 1861 viewsloftboy

Will go to chertsey if they are at home and QPR haven't got a game

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Watching another team on 13:56 - Sep 11 with 1745 viewsLincoln_Hoop

I also watch Lincoln City, given I was brought up and lived there until my teens when I moved south. Some great away trips in the Conference.
Watching another team on 14:00 - Sep 11 with 1737 viewsBedfordR

I go over to Germany a couple of times a season to watch Borussia Dortmund. Always feels like that is what football should be and what we are missing out on here.
Watching another team on 14:23 - Sep 11 with 1720 viewshoopstilidie

Pop in occasionally to see Mansfield Town as they are just up the road from where I live these days.
Generally try to catch some lower/non league football wherever I end up living on my nomadic travels (Curtailed since the mid 90s).

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Watching another team on 14:35 - Sep 11 with 1710 views1MoreBrightonR

Used to watch Lewes occasionally when i was in Brighton but now I'm back in London (clapton actually), I've stopped going to any non league. Loved the fact that you could drink in the stands at Lewes and they had a beer of the month.
Watching another team on 15:14 - Sep 11 with 1697 viewshopphoops

Three times on an early November birthday awaybreak we've sloped along to a Europa League group game; twice the away team has been Besiktas and all three times the home team has gone on to win it (Atletico, Porto, Seville).

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Watching another team on 15:18 - Sep 11 with 1684 viewsBluce_Ree

I went to a few Sutton matches. I felt like I was becoming less of a person every time I was there. Shit football, weird fans who think they are mates with the players, players who won't ever amount to shit.

It's the difference between seeing your fave band at a legit venue or seeing a bunch of acoustic c*nts playing folk shit at an open mic night.

Having endured it, I'd now rather replace my eyes with hot bees than deal with that shit any more.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Watching another team on 17:24 - Sep 11 with 1633 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well the years have seen me move around a lot and generally, I find it hard to get any real motivation to watch other teams and think, if you're not going to watch you're own lot, then why waste the afternoon watching some other dross.

That said, living in Manchester for several years, I went to see City a few times. I felt they shared the same ability as us to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory. That and sometimes, Kinkladze was just sublime to watch.

I also used to go an watch a lot of footy in Phnom Penh, because there was little or no diving, play acting and cheating. Which, given the country's propensity for corruption, was a refreshing change.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Watching another team on 20:06 - Sep 11 with 1605 viewsYorkRanger

Unsurprisingly York City. Proper old football ground and a great city for drinking....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024