Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread 20:07 - Jun 11 with 11391 views1BobbyHazell

Cracking start. Great tempo. 3 good chances already.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 20:09]
England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 10:43 - Jun 12 with 1538 viewspaulparker

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 10:41 - Jun 12 by supahoopsa

Bloody Milner - he was brought on to do one job - DEFENSIVE midfielder and look at t he cross for their goal and how he completely sold himself early and matey boy just glided past him.

Just cannot understand why after scoring the goal and then deciding to go more defensive to protect the single goal, Woy didn;t bring Vardy on. Russia were pushing forward more and Vardy would have given England the prefect out ball just as Leicester have been playing all season.

This is why we should of took Townsend , imagine him running at players with 10minutes to go
Milner should never play for England again he is fecking terrible

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 10:53 - Jun 12 with 1531 viewsBAWHoops

With 2 minutes to go and with a 1-0 lead it really isn't that ridiculous to bring on a more defensive minded player.
They've drawn because a ball got pumped back in the box and a CB was able to isolate Rose and beat him in the air.

England were excellent. The tactics were very good. Perhaps the only gripe was replacing Kane with Vardy/Sturridge to keep the Russians on their toes

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 11:13 - Jun 12 with 1510 viewsNeil_SI

There's not much you can do about Russia's equaliser. It was a stupendous header and sometimes those things happen. I don't think the team or tactics were necessarily to blame, but England did allow Russia more time on the ball from the base in the second half.

That was in contrast to the first, where Russia were poor throughout and pretty poor overall. They could however have hurt England on the counter once or twice if they played quicker or with more precision, but some of their basic passing lacked precision and they couldn't capitalise.

These are details England need to focus on. If they lose the ball and let it get to better players on the break in space, then they will have a problem. But overall they played well here and dominated possession without really penetrating properly apart from Wayne Rooney's chance, which was an utterly fabulous save from Igor Akinfeev.

Pleased to see Walker and Rose as the full backs, think that's the right choice and they played well enough and much preferred Rooney in the deeper midfield role. I'd have played him there a long time ago.

Sterling was disappointing — not because of his final ball, which has often been inconsistent like so many players in his kind of style, but he kept overrunning the ball even when he had oceans of space, so got his timing all wrong and allowed the Russian defenders to take it off of him and dispossess him with ease. It's these kind of moments where England lose the ball that they have to be careful, especially if the full backs are looking to bomb on all the time.

Joe Hart is also still a bit on the wild side with his distribution and occasional rash decisions. That one where he hit Smalling and the way he dashed out of his net at 1-1 could have cost England the game.

I thought the referee was quite favourable towards England throughout as well. Chris Smalling got away with a lot of holding, climbing and shirt pulling.

It's funny how the day panned out as well, as the Wales match materialised, the weight of pressure on the next fixture kept swinging one way to the next. We've ended up in a position where all of the pressure is back on England, and hopefully it will be a thrilling match that lives up to the bill.

I'm delighted for Wales as well. A great win and result for them.
England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 11:37 - Jun 12 with 1482 viewsingeminate

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 10:41 - Jun 12 by supahoopsa

Bloody Milner - he was brought on to do one job - DEFENSIVE midfielder and look at t he cross for their goal and how he completely sold himself early and matey boy just glided past him.

Just cannot understand why after scoring the goal and then deciding to go more defensive to protect the single goal, Woy didn;t bring Vardy on. Russia were pushing forward more and Vardy would have given England the prefect out ball just as Leicester have been playing all season.

Really good performance, another day we win by three or four. Plenty to be upbeat about. Rooney v good and so far critics looks wrong about his spot int he team - inc me!

If the goal hadn't gone in then the chat would have been that they never looked like scoring.

Roy got them playing high tempo exciting football, skill, passion - like it.

Play like that again and we should have no probs against Wales/Slovakia.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 13:11 - Jun 12 with 1434 viewskensalriser

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 10:16 - Jun 12 by Northolt_Rs

Spot on. Hodgson's decision to take Rooney off cost us the game. But that's what you get when the West Brom manager runs the national side - as we saw in the WC.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2016 10:33]

You mean like when the QPR manager was in charge of England and we couldn't get past the semis?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 13:54 - Jun 12 with 1415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 08:06 - Jun 12 by bosh67

Although Wiltshire tried to take the ball higher we were doing very well with Rooney and Dier in the middle. I thought taking Rooney off took away that stand off element from the Russians. I would have taken off Sterling earlier and brought on Vardy. We had to chase that 2nd goal and make them think more about going forward at the end.

In the end it felt a bit like watching Rangers, particularly under Ramsey. Let's see it out and camp in our own half until the 93rd minute... and then get done in the 94th.

That's how it looked to me.

I also thought the heat caught England out a bit? The high-tempo play that was exhilarating to watch should have yielded goals really and when it didn't having Rooney's experience and control on the field might have helped see the game out.

Also agree re Vardy for Sterling (as did everyone I spoke to this morning at training), but generally I thought Hodgson got most things bang on last night. 3-0 at half-time wouldn't have flattered England and there would have been no nervous last five minutes. Sometimes your luck's just not in unfortunately.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 14:01 - Jun 12 with 1407 viewsTheBlob

Just too predictable for me.Two touches instead of one and pass to the vision intercepts all too often.The only guy to use the google eye was Kyle Walker.We've got better options than Scuffer Lallana.
I'd sadly stick with Hart,Forster has too much of the scottish football taint about him.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 20:18 - Jun 12 with 1312 viewsNortholt_Rs

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 13:11 - Jun 12 by kensalriser

You mean like when the QPR manager was in charge of England and we couldn't get past the semis?

Because our Euro 96 campaign was the same experience as our performance in the last WC....? On that subject it was a disgrace how TV was treated by the FA after the tournament.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 07:32 - Jun 13 with 1251 viewsdaveB

All goes back to the squad selection, if we are playing with wide players and one up front now then that makes decsion to send home Townsend and take 5 strikers look even more ridiculous.

I thought England played well for most of the game, Dier and Rooney were very good as were the full backs but bringing on Milner sent out the message to drop back 10 yards and gave Russia hope. Vardy should have been on for Kane the last 10 minutes but taking no winger other than Sterling means when you take him off you have to play a central midfielder out of position.

Still think if England get out of the group we will go quite far but have big doubt about getting out of the group, all similar to last world cup, played well in first match and didn't win, played well in second but a great individual beat us on his own.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2016 7:35]
England V Russia (non violence) Match Thread on 08:42 - Jun 13 with 1208 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We said in the pub bringing on Wilshire was a bad Idea. We wanted Vardy and 2-0.

I was in 'The Golden Heart' Spitalfields as the Water poet was rammed what a lovely old Truemans boozer.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024