Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable 12:52 - Jul 25 with 16516 viewsswansealad69

Wtf is huw up to
We have plenty off money yet can't even get Allen back
No strikers
For all the old board and huw has done it am pleased they have gone
So much going on behind the closed doors
For the love off me I can not see why we did not bring Allen back
F#cking bargin basement players all the time.
I understand we can't go stupid but wtf are they up too
Stadium fiasco
What a 3rd rate club we are
Another season struggling it is then with less then 3 weeks to go and no strikers and no real first team signings after we struggled lass season.

Unbelievable on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 1959 viewsicecoldjack

Unbelievable on 20:46 - Jul 25 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Calm.the.f*ck.down everyone.

The Euros have screwed up the 'get the business done early' idea for most clubs, including us. Let's see where we are on 1st Sept.

Deals are often worked on over months , it's not like everyone starts looking when the shutters open like a boxing day sale.

I'm just hoping we have something up our sleeves , I can't believe the yanks would wish to start off on the wrong footing..not unless they truly don't give a fook !

It's common practice to unveil something decent to keep the masses happy, if they don't do that then the board really have fookd us over .
Unbelievable on 21:17 - Jul 25 with 1942 viewsPhaedrus

Gutless tvvats everywhere.
Have a free avatar.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Unbelievable on 21:17 - Jul 25 with 1929 viewsLeonisGod

Unbelievable on 17:36 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

"makes this whole 'we needed investment to compete' look a bit of an empty statement though doesn't it."

It was always bollox from the start. Nobody fell for it surely?

There was never any (or much) extra investment. The cash from the new owners went to buying their stake. We'll be carrying on as usual running a tight ship. They've pretty much said as much.
Unbelievable on 21:20 - Jul 25 with 1900 viewsvetchonian

Unbelievable on 20:55 - Jul 25 by Loyal

Honestly we should have done our business before the season starts.
I know it doesn't always happen, but if we know who we want then it doesn't take weeks and weeks.

Problem is we had a takeover going on with I quess some conditions of offloading some costs before we went out and spent. Our new owners are businessmen first and foremost with no affiliation to our club so they want the books balanced so as they get their return

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Unbelievable on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 1894 viewsmonmouth

Unbelievable on 21:13 - Jul 25 by icecoldjack

Deals are often worked on over months , it's not like everyone starts looking when the shutters open like a boxing day sale.

I'm just hoping we have something up our sleeves , I can't believe the yanks would wish to start off on the wrong footing..not unless they truly don't give a fook !

It's common practice to unveil something decent to keep the masses happy, if they don't do that then the board really have fookd us over .

I'd rather they unveiled something that FG agrees is good for the team even if no one's heard of him, rather than some name to keep the masses 'happy'.

Thats how you end up with micah crapola richards and suchlike

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Unbelievable on 21:22 - Jul 25 with 1883 viewsDarran

Unbelievable on 21:21 - Jul 25 by monmouth

I'd rather they unveiled something that FG agrees is good for the team even if no one's heard of him, rather than some name to keep the masses 'happy'.

It's 'appy' Mon,just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Unbelievable on 21:24 - Jul 25 with 1856 viewsicecoldjack

Taken as a given that the manager approves.

Though in fairness he was appy with fer even though he had no clue who he was !

FG just rolls with the punches it seems.
Unbelievable on 21:32 - Jul 25 with 1809 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

f@cking hell

people are deledued fair play

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable on 21:34 - Jul 25 with 1787 viewslonglostjack

That for me though is the crucial question. Even the perfect gentleman FG seems to be dropping very subtle hints that while he's happy with team performance more needs to be done in areas that he has no control over. I really hope my pessimism is proved wrong and we'll be retaining all our key players and using the new investment to strengthen the squad.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Unbelievable on 21:38 - Jul 25 with 1746 viewsbonymine

Unbelievable on 21:34 - Jul 25 by longlostjack

That for me though is the crucial question. Even the perfect gentleman FG seems to be dropping very subtle hints that while he's happy with team performance more needs to be done in areas that he has no control over. I really hope my pessimism is proved wrong and we'll be retaining all our key players and using the new investment to strengthen the squad.

I think FG is just 'going with the flow' at the moment ......he 's not sure who he answers to in the Boardroom and doesn't know what players we're after ........

All in All a fuking shambles really

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Unbelievable on 21:44 - Jul 25 with 1706 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Think maybe we should give the new owners a whole week before waving the white flag?

Or not. Carry on.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Unbelievable on 21:46 - Jul 25 with 1688 viewsicecoldjack

Yes its noticeable that FG is just saying " ask the chairman " doesn't quite seem to be the connect we would perhaps like.

FG is experienced enough to have seen all this before so knows how to play the game.
But good to know he is appy.
Unbelievable on 21:56 - Jul 25 with 1652 viewslondonlisa2001

Unbelievable on 21:44 - Jul 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Think maybe we should give the new owners a whole week before waving the white flag?

Or not. Carry on.

They've had, in their words, slightly over a year to decide on plans, budgets, financing strategy.

They've also now had several months to work with Huw to look at the team, the strengths, weaknesses, gaps, who to offload, which positions need to be filled, types of players, who's available within our price range etc etc.

You're talking as though the first time they heard that they would be buying a premier league team was last Thurdsay.

Don't forget that both Huw and Levien stated AFTER the takeover was completed that Joe was 'our sort of player' (Huw said 'our player' from memory) with an understandable market valuation and the price hasn't changed since then.

If they had said last week that Joe's price was out of our reach, then although irritating, it would not have been quite so galling as it is when they said the price was OK and that they would be making every effort, and we hear that they spent the weekend doing nothing about it.

It's a poor decision from a footballing perspective in my view which may or may not be right or wrong. However, it's an even worse decision from a business point of view both re 'soccernomics' and PR, and that is, frankly, alarming.
Unbelievable on 22:00 - Jul 25 with 1634 viewsPhaedrus

"I really hope my pessimism is proved wrong"

No you dont. you fking love moaning and bleating. So does everyone else on here. Fking shitehouses.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Unbelievable on 22:01 - Jul 25 with 1625 viewsDarran

Unbelievable on 22:00 - Jul 25 by Phaedrus

No you dont. you fking love moaning and bleating. So does everyone else on here. Fking shitehouses.

Not everyone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Unbelievable on 22:01 - Jul 25 with 1620 viewsicecoldjack

Unbelievable on 21:56 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

They've had, in their words, slightly over a year to decide on plans, budgets, financing strategy.

They've also now had several months to work with Huw to look at the team, the strengths, weaknesses, gaps, who to offload, which positions need to be filled, types of players, who's available within our price range etc etc.

You're talking as though the first time they heard that they would be buying a premier league team was last Thurdsay.

Don't forget that both Huw and Levien stated AFTER the takeover was completed that Joe was 'our sort of player' (Huw said 'our player' from memory) with an understandable market valuation and the price hasn't changed since then.

If they had said last week that Joe's price was out of our reach, then although irritating, it would not have been quite so galling as it is when they said the price was OK and that they would be making every effort, and we hear that they spent the weekend doing nothing about it.

It's a poor decision from a footballing perspective in my view which may or may not be right or wrong. However, it's an even worse decision from a business point of view both re 'soccernomics' and PR, and that is, frankly, alarming.

Nicely put .
Unbelievable on 22:01 - Jul 25 with 1620 viewslondonlisa2001

Unbelievable on 21:17 - Jul 25 by LeonisGod

There was never any (or much) extra investment. The cash from the new owners went to buying their stake. We'll be carrying on as usual running a tight ship. They've pretty much said as much.

No, they really haven't.

The entire justification that's been given is that the old owners could not any longer compete. It has been repeated over and over again - every single press release, puff piece and interview from the moment this takeover was mooted up to and including the interviews with HJ and Levien last week.

If it is business as usual, then that justification is false. Whether or not people believed it is besides the point.
Unbelievable on 22:01 - Jul 25 with 1617 viewsPhaedrus

Here is my suggestion for the new logo.

Unbelievable on 22:23 - Jul 25 with 1524 viewslonglostjack

Yes I do you pretentious platonic inbred

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Unbelievable on 22:39 - Jul 25 with 1461 viewsdobjack2

Unbelievable on 22:01 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

No, they really haven't.

The entire justification that's been given is that the old owners could not any longer compete. It has been repeated over and over again - every single press release, puff piece and interview from the moment this takeover was mooted up to and including the interviews with HJ and Levien last week.

If it is business as usual, then that justification is false. Whether or not people believed it is besides the point.

Exactly. Bullshirt and contempt for the support
Unbelievable on 22:44 - Jul 25 with 1425 viewslondonlisa2001

I see by the way that the actual fee is supposed to be £11m plus up to £2m in add ons according to the Liverpool Echo which are in a pretty good position to get it right. The £2m add ons were reported elsewhere as on top of £13m but it appears not to be the case.
Unbelievable on 22:46 - Jul 25 with 1405 viewsmorningstar

Unbelievable on 19:34 - Jul 25 by dobjack2

He should get applauded for his Wales performances as should Ramsey ledley and any others or has that all been forgotten already.

You're a one aye eh, best wind up the day fair play.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Unbelievable on 22:52 - Jul 25 with 1360 viewsLoyal

How does someone with an opinion make them shithouses ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Unbelievable on 22:53 - Jul 25 with 1348 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

biggest meltdown for a fair couple of years

fair play

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Unbelievable on 22:54 - Jul 25 with 1341 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unbelievable on 17:12 - Jul 25 by CopperJack

I normally give the board and Huw the benefit of the doubt, but meekly letting joe slip through our fingers, when we were his first choice, is scandalous. With one semi-recognised striker going into the new season and no major signings, I worry for the season we shall have

Hey, is it a sneaky ploy to sign Bojan???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024