Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable 12:52 - Jul 25 with 16515 viewsswansealad69

Wtf is huw up to
We have plenty off money yet can't even get Allen back
No strikers
For all the old board and huw has done it am pleased they have gone
So much going on behind the closed doors
For the love off me I can not see why we did not bring Allen back
F#cking bargin basement players all the time.
I understand we can't go stupid but wtf are they up too
Stadium fiasco
What a 3rd rate club we are
Another season struggling it is then with less then 3 weeks to go and no strikers and no real first team signings after we struggled lass season.

Unbelievable on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 2025 viewsdobjack2

Unbelievable on 22:46 - Jul 25 by morningstar

You're a one aye eh, best wind up the day fair play.

Not a wind up honest.

Even Ledley deserves applause before the game. They United the country in support of the international team. However once the whistle goes game on and no applause unless they go off injured or are sent off.
Unbelievable on 23:36 - Jul 25 with 1927 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

We saw old Huwie, up in Bristol Saturday. When we asked him about signings & possible strikers, he was surprisingly (not) tight lipped, just like he is with the alleged transfer budget. Instead of farting about in the Bristol Rover's executive lounge, maybe he should be trying to improve a squad, which has need for improvement in most areas, except for the 27 goalkeepers we have on the books (exaggeration it maybe, but given the circumstances it is completely justified). Every player this club shows interest in, signs elsewhere due to the tight arse nature of the people who run it. Yet again thank you Huw Jenkins & the Swans board for your abject failure in your duty to the club & loyal supporters. 5-1 win against a team not even in the late 2 seasons ago, can't hide the fact, that we the squad needs strengthening. Long hard season ahead, without some necessary quality additions. Hope you enjoyed your day on Saturday Huw, if you're a real fan, start proving it.

Happy Days :-)

Unbelievable on 23:39 - Jul 25 with 1913 viewsmonmouth

Unbelievable on 23:36 - Jul 25 by DICKIETAPISAJACK

We saw old Huwie, up in Bristol Saturday. When we asked him about signings & possible strikers, he was surprisingly (not) tight lipped, just like he is with the alleged transfer budget. Instead of farting about in the Bristol Rover's executive lounge, maybe he should be trying to improve a squad, which has need for improvement in most areas, except for the 27 goalkeepers we have on the books (exaggeration it maybe, but given the circumstances it is completely justified). Every player this club shows interest in, signs elsewhere due to the tight arse nature of the people who run it. Yet again thank you Huw Jenkins & the Swans board for your abject failure in your duty to the club & loyal supporters. 5-1 win against a team not even in the late 2 seasons ago, can't hide the fact, that we the squad needs strengthening. Long hard season ahead, without some necessary quality additions. Hope you enjoyed your day on Saturday Huw, if you're a real fan, start proving it.

He doesn't have the purse any longer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Unbelievable on 23:40 - Jul 25 with 1908 viewsdobjack2

Unbelievable on 23:39 - Jul 25 by monmouth

He doesn't have the purse any longer.

But he knows how much is in it.
Unbelievable on 23:43 - Jul 25 with 1895 viewsmonmouth

Unbelievable on 23:40 - Jul 25 by dobjack2

But he knows how much is in it.

Well not 13m for Joe Allen, clearly.

Unbelievable on 23:46 - Jul 25 with 1866 viewsAngelRangelQS

Unbelievable on 23:43 - Jul 25 by monmouth

You can't help but feel that there would be if the last couple of transfer windows weren't such abject failures
Unbelievable on 23:53 - Jul 25 with 1843 viewslondonlisa2001

Unbelievable on 23:43 - Jul 25 by monmouth

Turns out it was £11m - just saying...
Unbelievable on 00:09 - Jul 26 with 1796 viewsmonmouth

Well not 11m for Joe Allen clearly.

:)

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable on 00:14 - Jul 26 with 1781 viewsmorningstar

Unbelievable on 22:56 - Jul 25 by dobjack2

Not a wind up honest.

Even Ledley deserves applause before the game. They United the country in support of the international team. However once the whistle goes game on and no applause unless they go off injured or are sent off.

I'm not even going to debate with you that we should applaud every opposition player that comes to the Liberty just because they played in Euro 2016. I'M REALLY NOT!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Unbelievable on 00:19 - Jul 26 with 1765 viewsdobjack2

Unbelievable on 00:14 - Jul 26 by morningstar

I'm not even going to debate with you that we should applaud every opposition player that comes to the Liberty just because they played in Euro 2016. I'M REALLY NOT!

Only the Welsh ones
Unbelievable on 00:23 - Jul 26 with 1754 viewsmorningstar

Unbelievable on 00:19 - Jul 26 by dobjack2

Only the Welsh ones

That's what i meant.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Unbelievable on 06:38 - Jul 26 with 1545 viewsdobjack2

Unbelievable on 00:23 - Jul 26 by morningstar

That's what i meant.

Why not?
Unbelievable on 06:55 - Jul 26 with 1522 viewsswansealad69

Have to say that it's been the case with huw all along
Allways looking for the cheapest option
Now there is nothing wrong with that but this season we realy need to invest
Last summers signings have come and gone with no effect
January allso and we actually managed to lose money in less the 5 monthes on a the Italian striker
Wile huw is there it's him who buys players he wants
The yanks don't know British players unless they are big names so huw is the one who said no
I realy can't get my head around why we did not buy Allen it's a no brainer
Solid allways fit rear Leyland has a bad game just had a great euros and in the team off the tournament and knows the club and wanted to come back ffs.
13m
How is a f@cking joke who has been lost in the dark days
The club can easily afford to spend a minimum off 20m on new players
Huw should have gone with the rest
He has done his job but to negative
He has become a millionaire by selling his shares and now gets a nice fat wage for staying on
All this bollox we have to be care full and we don't need Allen?we are not talking about spending 20-30 million on a player and for 13m Joe is a barging as he is worth more then that
If huw was so concerned about money then why the feck bring emness back.
Was he not there all season?if so what a waist off money there
Has to be 20 k a week.
Time for huw to wake up and realise we are in the big time or feck off
Unbelievable on 07:01 - Jul 26 with 1510 viewsDr_Winston

How many times has the club transfer record been broken since Jenkins became chairman? Four? Five? This "always looking for the cheapest option" nonsense doesn't stand up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

What he has demonstrated this summer is something that has always been one of his worst habits. He's tentative. Overly cautious. Slow to act and slow to react. Just remember the number of summers when he's been lying on his arse on a beach when the transfer window opens, precisely the time when he should have been at his busiest. If we did genuinely want Allen then any deal should have been hammered out well before the Euros started. Instead we kicked back, waited and lost out.

Chuck in the fact that since he had his nose put out of joint by Laudrup and Tutumlu he's taken more and more control over player selection and acquisition himself and that's where the issue lies, not over his refusal to spend an eight figure fee on a player we don't need.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Unbelievable on 07:19 - Jul 26 with 1468 viewsswansealad69

Unbelievable on 07:01 - Jul 26 by Dr_Winston

How many times has the club transfer record been broken since Jenkins became chairman? Four? Five? This "always looking for the cheapest option" nonsense doesn't stand up to even the slightest bit of scrutiny.

What he has demonstrated this summer is something that has always been one of his worst habits. He's tentative. Overly cautious. Slow to act and slow to react. Just remember the number of summers when he's been lying on his arse on a beach when the transfer window opens, precisely the time when he should have been at his busiest. If we did genuinely want Allen then any deal should have been hammered out well before the Euros started. Instead we kicked back, waited and lost out.

Chuck in the fact that since he had his nose put out of joint by Laudrup and Tutumlu he's taken more and more control over player selection and acquisition himself and that's where the issue lies, not over his refusal to spend an eight figure fee on a player we don't need.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yes our transfer record has been broken a few times since he been in charge.
But u say that like we have had big records
Our record currently stands at 13m bony
But only 10 years ago it was under 1m
Not sure how much and for who
And take in to account our dramatic rise it's obvious how record would be broken
In 5 seasons in the prem we have gone over the 10m Mark once
He has no idea on who to buy as bony is is only real player he picked out.
Why does he interfere with scouting and buying the players he likes.
Look at the players he bought last season
All total s#it yet 16m spent
Emnes again who picks up good wages and not good enough
Sory I'm just sick off all the crap huw is doing now.
We are getting worst every season and the lack off ambitious is embarrassing
Its a fiasco down there from buying s#it players to expansion to the take over.
No body but the pepole filling there pockets know anything.
Unbelievable on 07:50 - Jul 26 with 1396 viewsRancid

I was as disappointed as anyone when I seen Allen holding the Stoke jersey aloft.Right up until the end I thought I knew what the chairman was doing and he had it all under control.Was it complacency or arrogance that Huw thought he was coming here and didn't really need to make waves and enter a bidding war with Stoke for Joe's signature? I think we were never really in for him once Liverpool turned down our initial 8m we bid pre Euros and if it wasn't Joe and a player we all knew then he'd have gone public and said we bailed out when Liverpool wanted more and Stoke were willing to pay more.

Either way, as disappointed as I was yesterday the club now have the chance to redeem themselves and I think they will.This time next month i believe we'll have forgotten this little episode and will be all focused on the season ahead with 2 or 3 exciting signings under our belt.Watch this space
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 7:51]
Unbelievable on 08:10 - Jul 26 with 1340 viewsgrabsplatter

Unbelievable on 07:50 - Jul 26 by Rancid

I was as disappointed as anyone when I seen Allen holding the Stoke jersey aloft.Right up until the end I thought I knew what the chairman was doing and he had it all under control.Was it complacency or arrogance that Huw thought he was coming here and didn't really need to make waves and enter a bidding war with Stoke for Joe's signature? I think we were never really in for him once Liverpool turned down our initial 8m we bid pre Euros and if it wasn't Joe and a player we all knew then he'd have gone public and said we bailed out when Liverpool wanted more and Stoke were willing to pay more.

Either way, as disappointed as I was yesterday the club now have the chance to redeem themselves and I think they will.This time next month i believe we'll have forgotten this little episode and will be all focused on the season ahead with 2 or 3 exciting signings under our belt.Watch this space
[Post edited 26 Jul 2016 7:51]

I hope you're right, I'm fairly underwhelmed by our transfer activity so far but the relentless criticism of anything & everything about the club on this site is getting on my nerves tbh
Unbelievable on 08:22 - Jul 26 with 1303 viewsmonmouth

Unbelievable on 08:10 - Jul 26 by grabsplatter

I hope you're right, I'm fairly underwhelmed by our transfer activity so far but the relentless criticism of anything & everything about the club on this site is getting on my nerves tbh

Most of it is because people care though. It would be worse if it was all supine acceptance and happy clapping; a negative bias is only natural. I think everything is overly pessimistic though. I'm one of the biggest cassandras normally, but I reckon we will have a good season with a bit of luck, which we will always need. A couple of decent players to cover our weak areas, or a development player or two 'doing a Ben' and I think we could have a very good season.

Unbelievable on 08:42 - Jul 26 with 1249 viewsswan65split

weeeeer doomed Captn Mainwaring.................dooooomed!
Unbelievable on 08:48 - Jul 26 with 1226 viewsLord_Bony

Unbelievable on 14:33 - Jul 25 by Joe_bradshaw

I fear that overpriced is the new market rate.

Especially with the new rising telly money.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Unbelievable on 09:14 - Jul 26 with 1156 viewsPegojack

Unbelievable on 08:22 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Most of it is because people care though. It would be worse if it was all supine acceptance and happy clapping; a negative bias is only natural. I think everything is overly pessimistic though. I'm one of the biggest cassandras normally, but I reckon we will have a good season with a bit of luck, which we will always need. A couple of decent players to cover our weak areas, or a development player or two 'doing a Ben' and I think we could have a very good season.

I hope you're right, Monny. I'm reserving judgment at the moment.

All this Joe Allen nonsense is hot air as far as I'm concerned, he's a luxury we didn't need. As I've been saying consistently for the past six months or so, the acid test for me is whether or not we are going to sign a quality striker, and preferably also a decent back up striker. If we don't, I think we're fecked. Time's running out, Huw.
Unbelievable on 09:25 - Jul 26 with 1102 viewsJango

Could be a case of Jenkins being more than willing to sanction the transfer of Allen but Guidolin objecting to it. Something along the lines of ' look I've got the midfield area covered Huw, please can we use all of the remaining budget on areas that desperately need it.'
At the end of the of the day, Guidolin picks the team and his head is on the chopping board of things go wrong. He's got no connection to Allen whatsoever.
Unbelievable on 09:30 - Jul 26 with 1083 viewsgrabsplatter

Unbelievable on 08:22 - Jul 26 by monmouth

I guess so, not expecting happy clapping & certainly not seeing any!
I care massively about the swans but just don't agree with the pessimism on an epic level.
At least we're not in Hull's position...
Unbelievable on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1003 viewsmonmouth

Unbelievable on 09:30 - Jul 26 by grabsplatter

I guess so, not expecting happy clapping & certainly not seeing any!
I care massively about the swans but just don't agree with the pessimism on an epic level.
At least we're not in Hull's position...

I stick with my prediction that there'll be at least 10 clubs below us come May. I'd be less happy if we were doing shit like spending 15m on Jordan Ibe....or, whisper it quietly, 13m (oops 11m) on Joe Allen.

Unbelievable on 09:56 - Jul 26 with 1002 viewsjohnlangy

Unbelievable on 08:10 - Jul 26 by grabsplatter

I feel the same but it's the way it's always been. And always will be. Many people will moan and groan about everything. We don't know how much the kitty is, we don't know what players they are looking at, we don't know what's changed since the takeover. We know nothing about any of it.

As another poster said, if they sign a couple of good players before the start of the season it'll all be forgotten (other than, of course, by the people who know more about what players should be bought and will complain about the ones signed). If they don't that will be something to genuinely complain about.

Then, come the next window they'll start all over again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024