Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article 18:23 - Nov 17 with 21435 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Good stuff from Phil.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2998035/swansea-face-un

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:28 - Nov 17 with 5709 viewsblueytheblue

" No deal ever came, but in April of this year, the club confirmed that they were in discussions with American businessmen Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan and that this time it was for "a controlling interest."

In July, 68 percent of the club passed to the pair for a fee reported to be £110 million. "

Here was silly old blue me thinking directors (excluding Trust) were in talks, not the club. That reads as if said Yanks had invested into the club... hmm, obviously an honest mistake.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:28 - Nov 17 with 5705 viewsWarwickHunt

"That view changed during the interview process, when candidates were asked to map out their strategy for Swansea's forthcoming clash with Arsenal. Bradley blew the competition out of the water, impressing everyone with his attention to detail."

Crying here...
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:35 - Nov 17 with 5660 viewsMurph75

Fed up about reading stuff from the trust or its key members. I'd rather hear about what they're going to do to short the mess out we're currently in.

Agreeing that Jenkins should remain in role hasn't done anything for me in terms of believing they actually have an credibility.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:43 - Nov 17 with 5621 viewsicecoldjack

Talk the talk, about time to walk the walk isn't it?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:56 - Nov 17 with 5558 viewsDafyddHuw

Well, that was more illuminating than 20 Trust missives.

Two questions the interviewer forgot to ask the yanks' representatives -

(1) Why did you negotiate (or go along with negotiating) the sale/purchase of the club in secret?

(2) Why did you sack our manager and bring in a yank with no Prem experience in secret?

Make that 3 questions -

(3) Where was your moral compass when you were doing (1) and (2)?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 19:06]
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:01 - Nov 17 with 5536 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:43 - Nov 17 by icecoldjack

Talk the talk, about time to walk the walk isn't it?

Yeah I'm waiting for something to uplift my spirits at the very (miniscule) least the extremely rude, disrespectful freeloading impostor that is John Van Zweden should be denied director privilege ASAP. After all SCST is a board member and significant shareholder which JVZ is not. The proof of the pudding will be in the eating on this one.

If the Trust is strategically playing a very clever waiting game by means of 'strength-thru-silence' or to coin a phrase "speak softly, and carry a big stick." Then good but things do rather appear to be underwhelming at present.

Argus!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:17 - Nov 17 with 5467 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:28 - Nov 17 by WarwickHunt

"That view changed during the interview process, when candidates were asked to map out their strategy for Swansea's forthcoming clash with Arsenal. Bradley blew the competition out of the water, impressing everyone with his attention to detail."

Crying here...

Me too. Genuinely. Crying.

Shit article by the way, more propaganda for yanko wancko. Phil's comments were ok but then boxed off in a biased context. 'ESPN Sources'. America! F*ck yeah!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:21 - Nov 17 with 5439 viewsexiledclaseboy

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 18:28 - Nov 17 by WarwickHunt

Crying here...

I've known a fair few people who give a blinding interview but turn out to be beyond sh*t at the atual job.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:28 - Nov 17 with 5389 viewsWarwickHunt

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:21 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

I've known a fair few people who give a blinding interview but turn out to be beyond sh*t at the atual job.

True. It's almost certainly spin though anyway.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:30 - Nov 17 with 5369 viewsmonmouth

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:21 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

Especially when they've been primed by the prospective employer for about 8 weeks to prepare. But of course they'd never heard of him, and it was just coincidence that a totally shit unachieving useless tosser yank was interviewed at all, when we already had a manager. Yeah baby! MLS! Go soccer!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 5153 viewsmax936

"The excellent film Jack to a King" seems quite a lot of us bought that one me included, little did we realise the agenda that was behind it

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:52 - Nov 17 with 5129 viewsDavillin

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:30 - Nov 17 by monmouth

Especially when they've been primed by the prospective employer for about 8 weeks to prepare. But of course they'd never heard of him, and it was just coincidence that a totally shit unachieving useless tosser yank was interviewed at all, when we already had a manager. Yeah baby! MLS! Go soccer!

Right.

May I add that Landon Donovan is the new owners' private on- and off-pitch personal advisor and has known Bradley [who read Jack to a King] both well and for a long time.

Donovan has not yet taken credit for this stroke of foo soccer genius. Perhaps he's waiting until Bradley takes SCFC to the league championship.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 20:55]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:07 - Nov 17 with 5078 viewswaynekerr55

Crying here...

Well, to be fair the competition he faced was hardly ground breaking, was it?

😂😂😂😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:12 - Nov 17 with 5054 viewsdickythorpe

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 19:28 - Nov 17 by WarwickHunt

True. It's almost certainly spin though anyway.

Bull shit baffles brains!
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:18 - Nov 17 with 5028 viewsPhil_S

Based on what I know I would expect a more detailed update from the Trust on discussions next week
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:20 - Nov 17 with 5018 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:18 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Based on what I know I would expect a more detailed update from the Trust on discussions next week

Lets hope this update contains some substance.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:23 - Nov 17 with 4997 viewsSwanzay

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:18 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Phil can you please clarify if the Trust had any involvement regarding Paul Williams appointment?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:26 - Nov 17 with 4977 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:23 - Nov 17 by Swanzay

Phil can you please clarify if the Trust had any involvement regarding Paul Williams appointment?

You need to clarify involvement. We were informed it was happening but not consulted in the decision making process.

I know little of Paul bar being told he is an excellent coach and we will see a marked difference in the teams performance because of him being there. Proof will be in the team performances after compared to before...
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:28 - Nov 17 with 4956 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:26 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

You need to clarify involvement. We were informed it was happening but not consulted in the decision making process.

I know little of Paul bar being told he is an excellent coach and we will see a marked difference in the teams performance because of him being there. Proof will be in the team performances after compared to before...

When you say excellent coach, was the source the same one who said that Bradley had an awesome interview?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:29 - Nov 17 with 4948 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:26 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

So theyve swatted you to one side again then, making a decision and then telling you what theyve done and you seem to be ok about it. Aren't you rather annoyed?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:29 - Nov 17 with 4947 viewsSwanzay

Do you know if Bob knew who Paul was prior to the appointment?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:30 - Nov 17 with 4941 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:20 - Nov 17 by Murph75

Lets hope this update contains some substance.

Problem is you read last weeks update as the total update of what is happening - as we explained back at the very last forum, some of what happens needs to remain behind closed doors to retain the confidentiality of discussions and you cannot play everything out in the public domain.

As was accepted widely after the last forum people understood why this should be the case and will do so next week as we work through what will be the Trust input/influence into the club because - everyone needs to remember - as we stand today the voting rights stand at more than 75% for our majority owners, something that should be remembered is not the fault of the Trust so quite why the criticism is aimed at the people who are trying to work through this mess is beyond me
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:31 - Nov 17 with 4935 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:28 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

When you say excellent coach, was the source the same one who said that Bradley had an awesome interview?

Out of curiosity who told you he was an excellent coach? His Mum? 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:31 - Nov 17 with 4934 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:28 - Nov 17 by waynekerr55

I'm mildly amused by the whole article I have just read - we want to work so closely with the Trust but we don't want to be named in saying that in case we get into trouble...
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:40 - Nov 17 with 4872 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:46 - Nov 17 by max936

"The excellent film Jack to a King" seems quite a lot of us bought that one me included, little did we realise the agenda that was behind it

Some intelligent fans did try pointing out what the purpose of the film was at the time.

Of course, any one who dared question Saint Huw back then was trolling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024