Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott Health Update 06:24 - Jun 14 with 9400 viewsLblock

She's just confirmed she has Type 289 diabetes

Explains her withdrawal from the front line

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:41 - Jun 14 with 1641 viewsessextaxiboy

Diane Abbott Health Update on 13:37 - Jun 14 by johncharles

Mismanagement of Type 2 diabetes can result in Hyperglycaemia symptoms of which are tiredness, lethargy and lack of concentration. This could have caused her to forget the figures. Not saying that that was the case just pointing it out. Most people would get the Benifit of the doubt but not Diane Abbott. Just goes to show how deep the prejudices run.

Please pass this on to Essex Taxi and Clive.

Please explain your use of the word prejudice ?
Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:43 - Jun 14 with 1636 views2Thomas2Bowles

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:26 - Jun 14 by JamesB1979

so the Maths was wrong?

Damn Wikipedia

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:44 - Jun 14 with 1630 viewspaulparker

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:41 - Jun 14 by essextaxiboy

he can't, he thinks you don't like her or thinks she is in competent because she is black
please follow LFW protocol

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:47 - Jun 14 with 1620 viewsTrance_Trousers

Cliff, the power of Google is a wonderful thing.

Diane abbott racist remarks
Diane abbott pro ira remarks

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:53 - Jun 14 with 1581 viewsNorthernr

This is a standard example of politician looks a prat. Time honoured British tradition, all parties, all sides, happens all the time. The only people bringing up her gender, weight and race on here are those defending her. All anybody criticising her on here has said is she was fcking useless when it came to policies and figures which she was. You want to think that's because of diabetes then good for you but do make sure you take a friend with you if you ever have to buy a used car or something.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:53 - Jun 14 with 1577 viewsBrightonhoop

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:14 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Which is why I asked does diabetes mean you can't count?

I dont know. The suggestion is side effects can impare concentration.

It may be with ageing and illness she is becoming unfit for her job, but with a 35,000 majority she is clearly liked by those she represents.

Can Theresa May count? She asked for a massive mandate for a hard Brexit. The people said no. She currenty has no government and is squatting in Downing Street. Even Dublin is now saying the Peace Process is finished if the DUP join her.

There are bigger things at play than Abbott screwing up figures on a radio broadcast but it fits the disgusting Tory press narrative to attack and villify decent people. It's what they do. Like festering cockroaches. Abbott's an easy target and the attacks say more about the press than Abbott.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:55 - Jun 14 with 1563 viewsNorthernr

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:53 - Jun 14 by Brightonhoop

I dont know. The suggestion is side effects can impare concentration.

It may be with ageing and illness she is becoming unfit for her job, but with a 35,000 majority she is clearly liked by those she represents.

Can Theresa May count? She asked for a massive mandate for a hard Brexit. The people said no. She currenty has no government and is squatting in Downing Street. Even Dublin is now saying the Peace Process is finished if the DUP join her.

There are bigger things at play than Abbott screwing up figures on a radio broadcast but it fits the disgusting Tory press narrative to attack and villify decent people. It's what they do. Like festering cockroaches. Abbott's an easy target and the attacks say more about the press than Abbott.

Theresa May has diabetes as well apparently. Very unfair of you to go after her like that. Maybe her concentration has been affected.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:58 - Jun 14 with 1552 viewsBrightonhoop

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:55 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Theresa May has diabetes as well apparently. Very unfair of you to go after her like that. Maybe her concentration has been affected.

What like she cant find the exit?
Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:01 - Jun 14 with 1539 viewsNorthernr

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:58 - Jun 14 by Brightonhoop

What like she cant find the exit?

Well you can't have it one way and not the other. As usual with posters on here this summer you've become so entrenched in left wing v right wing you've painted yourself into a corner.

Just so I'm clear on your position: anybody who calls Diane Abbott a fcking idiot is very cruel because actually she's got diabetes, but Theresa May who also has diabetes is a fcking idiot.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:03 - Jun 14 with 1530 viewsTacticalR

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:14 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Which is why I asked does diabetes mean you can't count?

If you take her at her word it does indeed mean that:

'She said her brother had watched and listened to interviews, including when she stumbled over figures on a key policy on police funding when being grilled by LBC's Nick Ferrari, and got in touch with her.

"He said 'that is not Diane', because ever since I've been a child I've had a great memory for figures, and he said he knew it was my blood sugar and gave me a lecture about eating and having glucose tablets," she said, highlighting her years of broadcast experience as a pundit on This Week.'

Diane Abbott reveals illness and hits out at 'vicious' Tory campaign
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/13/diane-abbott-reveals-illness-an

Whatever the truth, the whole thing was a mess, from her interviews to her disappearance the day before the election. I did wonder at the time if she was on some kind of medication. I think someone suggested that - maybe MrSheen?

Air hostess clique

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:03 - Jun 14 with 1530 viewsPhildo

She was shadow home secretary so would have had the anti terror brief and on the Murnaghan interview (which was swiftly followed by her withdrawal) did not know the contents of the Mayor of London's recent anti terror recommendations report. I think the report came from a labour peer and recommended things like barriers on bridges last October.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:14 - Jun 14 with 1496 viewskingshill

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:01 - Jun 14 by Northernr

Well you can't have it one way and not the other. As usual with posters on here this summer you've become so entrenched in left wing v right wing you've painted yourself into a corner.

Just so I'm clear on your position: anybody who calls Diane Abbott a fcking idiot is very cruel because actually she's got diabetes, but Theresa May who also has diabetes is a fcking idiot.

May also has type 1 diabetes, which is a far worse condition and unpreventable.

Abbott getting it 2 years ago is directly related to the amount of timber she carries around and reversible if she could stay out of the fridge for long enough
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:17 - Jun 14 with 1489 views1MoreBrightonR

This messageboard has some people with very left wing views who are convinced its overun with right wing people...and some people with very right wing views who think its overun with lefties. The reality is 90% of people are neither, bit i dont see why its so hard for people with stronger views to get that?

I;'ve seen people of both sides be backed/ shut down and shouted at...its a complete mix.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:19 - Jun 14 with 1473 viewsNorthernr

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:17 - Jun 14 by 1MoreBrightonR

This messageboard has some people with very left wing views who are convinced its overun with right wing people...and some people with very right wing views who think its overun with lefties. The reality is 90% of people are neither, bit i dont see why its so hard for people with stronger views to get that?

I;'ve seen people of both sides be backed/ shut down and shouted at...its a complete mix.

Spotters' badge.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:23 - Jun 14 with 1459 viewsBrightonhoop

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:01 - Jun 14 by Northernr

I guess we could argue until the cows come home, but the difference is May hasn't had 5 Media Barrons going after her but backing her and she still couldn't form a majority Government.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:29 - Jun 14 with 1436 viewscolinallcars

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:14 - Jun 14 by kingshill

May also has type 1 diabetes, which is a far worse condition and unpreventable.

Abbott getting it 2 years ago is directly related to the amount of timber she carries around and reversible if she could stay out of the fridge for long enough

You're all heart aren't you ?
Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:49 - Jun 14 with 1386 viewsjohncharles

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:53 - Jun 14 by Northernr

This is a standard example of politician looks a prat. Time honoured British tradition, all parties, all sides, happens all the time. The only people bringing up her gender, weight and race on here are those defending her. All anybody criticising her on here has said is she was fcking useless when it came to policies and figures which she was. You want to think that's because of diabetes then good for you but do make sure you take a friend with you if you ever have to buy a used car or something.

I didn'tsay it was due to diabetes only that most other people would get the benefit of the doubt.

Nice bit of personal abuse at the end there.
Ad hominem
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:52]

Strong and stable my arse.

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:57 - Jun 14 with 1370 viewsjohncharles

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:41 - Jun 14 by essextaxiboy

You only read half the article and found something that suited your argument. You didn't bother reading the more important part about the symptoms and the consequences.

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:59 - Jun 14 with 1363 viewsjohncharles

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:44 - Jun 14 by paulparker

he can't, he thinks you don't like her or thinks she is in competent because she is black
please follow LFW protocol

Comedy gold

Diane Abbott Health Update on 16:17 - Jun 14 with 1333 viewskingshill

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:29 - Jun 14 by colinallcars

You're all heart aren't you ?

Yep, especially for people like her who have made a career out of hypocrisy ( public school) and trying to divide people (playing the race card at every opportunity).

She's a nasty piece of work and she'll reap what she's sown hopefully.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 16:17 - Jun 14 with 1333 viewsNorthernr

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:49 - Jun 14 by johncharles

I didn'tsay it was due to diabetes only that most other people would get the benefit of the doubt.

Nice bit of personal abuse at the end there.
Ad hominem
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 15:52]

"Personal abuse"?
Diane Abbott Health Update on 16:22 - Jun 14 with 1316 viewsCliff

Diane Abbott Health Update on 14:47 - Jun 14 by Trance_Trousers

Cliff, the power of Google is a wonderful thing.

Diane abbott racist remarks
Diane abbott pro ira remarks

Found the pro IRA stuff, couldn't find any racist stuff (unless calling others racist - and even then being quoted out of context - is itself considered racist)
Diane Abbott Health Update on 19:21 - Jun 14 with 1206 viewspaulparker

Diane Abbott Health Update on 15:59 - Jun 14 by johncharles

Comedy gold

Unlike you

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Diane Abbott Health Update on 22:46 - Jun 14 with 1109 viewsHunterhoop

I'm going to wade him, as the resident "I'm not left or right wing" poster.

Any abuse Abbott gets for anything other than her incompetences, is out of order. Same goes for politicians on all sides.

Her having Type 2 diabetes is sad for her, and, I would imagine, a challenge to manage.

But tens of thousands of people have Type 2 diabetes. They get through life and function. Abbot's condition is not an excuse if justification for her performances. If she takes her medication, she's unaffected, and so should be able to perform competently. If she doesn't, suffers the effects of not managing her insulin levels, then it's on her head; it's no one else's fault. She has my sympathy for her condition, not her failure to manage it and her (possibly linked, but not definitely linked) incompetence.

Hundreds of thousands of people, myself included, have conditions which require daily medication. For some the side effects of not taking the medication can impact concentration, tiredness levels, etc, for others the actual medication itself brings those side effects. The former you can do something about (Abbot), the latter, you have less control over. That's worse and far harder to manage.

In this instance, Abbot has no excuse.

And whilst I think she's too incompetent, or possibly arrogant (failing to prepare) rather than incompetent, for high office, she's clearly an excellent local MP. She should stick to that.
Diane Abbott Health Update on 00:22 - Jun 15 with 1062 viewsWanderR

Abbott has always been painfully useless regardless of her current health condition and anyone who know anything about her prior to this election campaign would also know that. I suspect many of those leaping to her defence hadn't heard of her three months ago.

She's wilfully ignorant of anything outside her very narrowly defined fields of interest and combined with the patronising tone she has permanently adopted it does tend to put people's backs up. At least Boris makes an attempt at self-deprecation. She's famous for not bothering to read her briefing notes before doing media interviews and whilst she may have got away with that for the first thirty years of her parliamentary career, when you're Shadow Home Secretary, people do actually expect to know a few things about the job you will take on if your party wins the election. Any one of her infamous racial comments would have got a more male and pale politician sacked and possibly facing criminal charges.

All that being said I have no doubt she attracts some appalling abuse on social media due to being a prominent black female politician which is completely unacceptable. This still doesn't detract from her complete unsuitability to hold any ministerial brief.

Current location: OX10

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024