Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over to you Box Office 21:21 - Dec 18 with 27319 viewsDarran

lol

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Over to you Box Office on 00:03 - Dec 19 with 1977 viewsSmellyplumz

Over to you Box Office on 23:59 - Dec 18 by Darran

I’ll tell you one thing çunty no fuçker will question my fanship. No fuçker.

Also, you wanna try and get over yourself seriously.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Over to you Box Office on 00:04 - Dec 19 with 1970 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 00:02 - Dec 19 by Smellyplumz

Medal 🥉 is in the post for you cůntpipe

Thank you but it’s not needed. Tell you one thing mind Darlington in midweek in the snow was much more enjoyable than this shit.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 0:05]

Over to you Box Office on 00:06 - Dec 19 with 1958 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 00:03 - Dec 19 by Smellyplumz

Also, you wanna try and get over yourself seriously.

Nah someone telling me I wanted Gylfi to score is saying I wanted the Swans to lose.
Nobody is getting away with that.

Over to you Box Office on 00:10 - Dec 19 with 1936 viewslondonlisa2001

Over to you Box Office on 00:06 - Dec 19 by Darran

Nah someone telling me I wanted Gylfi to score is saying I wanted the Swans to lose.

Yeah, my first thought when that goal went in was 'ooh, must make a dig at another poster, laugh out bloody loud'.
Over to you Box Office on 00:11 - Dec 19 with 1936 viewsymaohyd

Over to you Box Office on 21:38 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

In terms of what? Profit? Very little, if anything.

Not that he comes with Premier League survival of course. His signature was the catalyst behind us losing our identity as Monk turned us into hoofball, set piece cloggers.

A good player, worth nowhere near what we got for him. The sooner people move on the sooner maybe we can.

You're a bit of a ti t.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Over to you Box Office on 00:13 - Dec 19 with 1915 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 00:10 - Dec 19 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, my first thought when that goal went in was 'ooh, must make a dig at another poster, laugh out bloody loud'.

Well mine was so is that ok with you?

Over to you Box Office on 00:18 - Dec 19 with 1907 viewsjack247

Over to you Box Office on 00:06 - Dec 19 by Darran

Nobody would if you didn’t start stupid threads like this.

For all his faults, at least Perch gets angry when we lose.
Over to you Box Office on 00:20 - Dec 19 with 1898 viewslondonlisa2001

Over to you Box Office on 00:13 - Dec 19 by Darran

Well mine was so is that ok with you?

It was literally your first thought Darran.

Gylfi scored in the 64th minute according to the BBC. That's 19 minutes into a second half that kicked off at just gone 9.

Look at the timing of your post.

Most of us were still throwing things at the TV and swearing while you were busy creating a new thread and 'laughing out loud'.

I don't think you wanted us to lose, but you certainly were quick to mask your disappointment and see the bright side when we went behind in an absolutely crucial match.
Login to get fewer ads

Over to you Box Office on 00:21 - Dec 19 with 1897 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 00:18 - Dec 19 by jack247

Nobody would if you didn’t start stupid threads like this.

For all his faults, at least Perch gets angry when we lose.

I’m not angry am I?

Over to you Box Office on 00:43 - Dec 19 with 1835 viewsjack247

Over to you Box Office on 00:21 - Dec 19 by Darran

I’m not angry am I?

You seem angry now. You were laughing our loud at 21.21.
Over to you Box Office on 00:45 - Dec 19 with 1832 viewsLeonWasGod

Over to you Box Office on 22:32 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

...and he was correct. How on earth could we get free flowing football with Gylfi and Llorente in our side? We had to sell in order to get back to how we were, the Swansea way, something Rangel has recently spoke about.

Weak link is a bit strong, but certainly the catalyst for the way we were playing as his strengths are the opposite of what we were all about.

The selling was not the issue, the incorrect players sourced was the problem. As we saw today the implementation of wingers makes a big difference and we had our best performance of the season tonight.

To sell them and buy a load of central players was the mistake. Not selling players that had to be sold. One refused to play for us the other had a matter of months left on his contract.

Llorente was static for sure. But Siggy has been part of 'The Swansea Way'. He's proven it. He was part of a team today that shred us apart second half, with him playing a role in that.

Besides, their contributions kept us up. It's a verifiable fact based on the points they won us. So no, the Rrs wasn't right at all.

We won't go down because we haven't got Siggy. If we go down it will be because the squad isn't good enough. Siggy would have helped, but he's gone. Quite why the ongoing vendetta against him I've no idea.
Over to you Box Office on 03:00 - Dec 19 with 1768 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Over to you Box Office on 23:11 - Dec 18 by TheResurrection

Laudrup wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

He's suited to Sam Allardyce and he's got a strike on him. He's still nowhere near the player Everton wanted or need and the £45m for a player who refused to play for us was the best bit of business this club has ever done.

Now onto the replacements, if Clement had been playing Mesa, and I even think, Clucas from the start in their rightful positions we'd be firmly entrenched in mid table by now. As that's only 5 points or so away.

5 points AT LEAST Clement has spunked away. Anyone with a brain cell blah blah blah should be able to see that as well.

Another £20m in January can still save us I think.

Why do you keep pushing this false narrative that Clucas is being played out of position? He's not. He regards himself as a utility player and he's played in a whole host of positions throughout his whole career. Regardless, it really doesn't matter what position he's in given that he's complete shit. Hull played him in his "correct" position last season and he brought them straight down.

And funny ain't it how you weren't saying he wasn't being played out of position when he played left wingback in the away game vs. Arsenal and managed to nick a goal? It's the only game he's played so far for us where he hasn't looked like a pub league footballer.

Sam Clucas is not a Premier League footballer. Get it through your head ffs. There's a reason why this lad was still playing in League Two as recently as a couple years back. Ask yourself: how many decent footballers were still plying their trade at League Two when they were in their fvcking mid 20s? Even Leon and Angel were in League One by the time they were that age, and they're both anomalies.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 6:42]

Come on you Swans.

Over to you Box Office on 03:30 - Dec 19 with 1734 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 00:11 - Dec 19 by ymaohyd

You're a bit of a ti t.

I will be "a bit of a ti t" that is absolutely correct then.

I can live with that.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Over to you Box Office on 03:33 - Dec 19 with 1731 viewsE20Jack

Over to you Box Office on 23:35 - Dec 18 by londonlisa2001

Two things I do not understand. First is people being unable or unwilling to separate selling Siggy for £45m (brilliant business) with not doing it early enough and not spending it properly (shocking business).

Secondly is people saying they've completely given up. We are utter crap at the moment. Clueless, a weak squad and a weak manager. But if we win on Saturday (and I think we may well do), we turn with 15 points.

Same again and we get 30 points. We only need to find an additional 7 points before chances are we stay up, and that is 7 points more than our utterly crap, clueless, weak squad and hopeless manager have gained.

It's obviously not looking good, but it's not the write off some seem to think.

We have to get in three or four players though. Week after next. Winger. Attacking creative player. Full back. And if Bony is going to be in and out with injury, we need another striker. Tammy isn't the answer as a starting player at this point.

Correct. Had to go, right decision then and stil is now.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Over to you Box Office on 07:02 - Dec 19 with 1664 viewsdobjack2

Two things I do not understand. First is people being unable or unwilling to separate selling Siggy for £45m (brilliant business) with not doing it early enough and not spending it properly (shocking business).

Secondly is people saying they've completely given up. We are utter crap at the moment. Clueless, a weak squad and a weak manager. But if we win on Saturday (and I think we may well do), we turn with 15 points.

Same again and we get 30 points. We only need to find an additional 7 points before chances are we stay up, and that is 7 points more than our utterly crap, clueless, weak squad and hopeless manager have gained.

We have to get in three or four players though. Week after next. Winger. Attacking creative player. Full back. And if Bony is going to be in and out with injury, we need another striker. Tammy isn't the answer as a starting player at this point.

Agree with much of your post, although not so sure about beating palace.

We have a weak squad with a manager that doesn’t know what to do with it and is making a bad position worse.

People are giving up because they have no confidence in the chairman or owners to put it right.

Manager has to go but we have probably left it too late to get in somebody that will make a difference without it costing an arm and a leg to bring him in and pay off Clement.

Same with players- another late window and a shambles of recruitment. Without the benefit of hindsight it was asking a lot of 2 youngsters to carry the side offensively which is what happened by bringing in bony so late when he needed a good pre-season and totally fecked up bringing pace creativity and a leader into the midfield.

Then there is the money- the latest revelations seem to confirm what a lot had been thinking- there is no money to be invested in the team by the owners, its all book balancing and our woeful recruitment so far means that even if any money is spent in January (and if we keep on like this it is a big if) there is unlikely to be enough to turn around the squad given the ineptitude of our recruitment and the transfer fees, wages and contract terms that players will want to come here.
Over to you Box Office on 07:37 - Dec 19 with 1626 viewsSTID2017

As much as we all know we were all right and the Res and those who agreed with him were 100% wrong over the sale of Siggy and Llorente, it gives me no pleasure at all.
I'd rather have been eating humble pie and seeing the Swans playing better football and in the top half of the table, than saying"I was right" as we watch the team we all support (including The Res ) plummet towards the Championship.
Time and a place for saying "I told you so" Darran - this isn't it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Over to you Box Office on 07:38 - Dec 19 with 1625 viewsSgorioFruit

If we had sigurdsson in our squad then we wouldn’t be relegated this season
End of discussion

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Over to you Box Office on 07:44 - Dec 19 with 1617 viewsjack247

Over to you Box Office on 07:38 - Dec 19 by SgorioFruit

If we had sigurdsson in our squad then we wouldn’t be relegated this season
End of discussion

People have got to realise that keeping him was never an option. He was absolutely determined to go. He pulled out of a pre season tour for gods sake! Not replacing him is an absolutely valid criticism. Not keeping him just isn’t.
Over to you Box Office on 07:50 - Dec 19 with 1604 viewscostalotta

Over to you Box Office on 21:25 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

I don't think he said Gylfi would never score again did he?

He said he wasn't worth £45m.

Which he isn't.

Everton thought he was and paid it.

Thus , the market decided and thus he was worth 45m the day he moved. Is he still worth it? Who knows but what I do know is I'd rather have him than the 45m worth of talent that we procured to replace him.
Over to you Box Office on 07:54 - Dec 19 with 1591 viewscostalotta

Over to you Box Office on 21:43 - Dec 18 by E20Jack

Well it went to fund other players, I dont think the shareholders have taken anything have they?

We will have to disagree on the selling of Gylfi, he had to be sold all day long. It was the right decision then and remains the right decision now.

It's only the right decision if we improved the position of the club. We didn't, therefore it wasn't. It could have been of course but in the way it's turning out it clearly wasn't.
Over to you Box Office on 09:05 - Dec 19 with 1500 viewsTheResurrection

Over to you Box Office on 03:00 - Dec 19 by MyFinalHeaven

Why do you keep pushing this false narrative that Clucas is being played out of position? He's not. He regards himself as a utility player and he's played in a whole host of positions throughout his whole career. Regardless, it really doesn't matter what position he's in given that he's complete shit. Hull played him in his "correct" position last season and he brought them straight down.

And funny ain't it how you weren't saying he wasn't being played out of position when he played left wingback in the away game vs. Arsenal and managed to nick a goal? It's the only game he's played so far for us where he hasn't looked like a pub league footballer.

Sam Clucas is not a Premier League footballer. Get it through your head ffs. There's a reason why this lad was still playing in League Two as recently as a couple years back. Ask yourself: how many decent footballers were still plying their trade at League Two when they were in their fvcking mid 20s? Even Leon and Angel were in League One by the time they were that age, and they're both anomalies.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2017 6:42]

Of course he was played out of position at left wing back and I never said anything differently. What I did say was it was nice to see him play further up the field in a more attacking role, as the DM Clement had played him in that far had ruined him.

He played on the left side of midfield last season and he was on the brink of an England call up. He was also the subject of a £12m bid from Sean Dyche, so no offence to your little opinion but don't be offended if I think it's pathetic.

We're finally seeing glimpses of what this side could have been playing like from the start of the season, the fact we didn't and the tactical and team choices is all down to one man

Everyone loves to moan, Swans fans are more famous for that than ever getting behind the side, especially when the chips are down, but the moans should be aimed at our head coach, nowhere else.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Over to you Box Office on 09:21 - Dec 19 with 1479 viewsymaohyd

Over to you Box Office on 07:02 - Dec 19 by dobjack2

Agree with much of your post, although not so sure about beating palace.

We have a weak squad with a manager that doesn’t know what to do with it and is making a bad position worse.

People are giving up because they have no confidence in the chairman or owners to put it right.

Manager has to go but we have probably left it too late to get in somebody that will make a difference without it costing an arm and a leg to bring him in and pay off Clement.

Same with players- another late window and a shambles of recruitment. Without the benefit of hindsight it was asking a lot of 2 youngsters to carry the side offensively which is what happened by bringing in bony so late when he needed a good pre-season and totally fecked up bringing pace creativity and a leader into the midfield.

Then there is the money- the latest revelations seem to confirm what a lot had been thinking- there is no money to be invested in the team by the owners, its all book balancing and our woeful recruitment so far means that even if any money is spent in January (and if we keep on like this it is a big if) there is unlikely to be enough to turn around the squad given the ineptitude of our recruitment and the transfer fees, wages and contract terms that players will want to come here.

As a club in terms of first team matters the Swans are gone.

The structure of the club isn't fit for purpose, the people within that structure aren't fit for purpose

Clement is an excellent coach, what doesn't work is him being manager for us within our structure. He strikes me as a 'yes' man so alongside the clowns running the show his managerial career is going down the pan along with the club.

The only thing that will save the club from relegation is to bring a manager like Pulis in. I get people wanting a clever, Johnny continental coach but it just won't work at the moment.

We need a hard arsed approach and for me Pulis is the answer. I get his record at West Brom wasn't great over the last half a season, however his record is excellent overall, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Going back to being 'not fit for purpose' though, Clement going, Pulis coming in won't happen though. There is no dynamism at the club to make it happen, they are fuc king clueless.

We will make some half arsed signings, Clement will remain and we will go down. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put a decent wedge on it!

I can't understand some of the ridiculous posts about Gylfi being the root cause of our problems, utterly bizarre, I would agree though that he had to go but as we all know £40-50 mill was spent on players who have had no impact........not fit for purpose.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Over to you Box Office on 09:41 - Dec 19 with 1452 viewsDarran

Over to you Box Office on 09:05 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Of course he was played out of position at left wing back and I never said anything differently. What I did say was it was nice to see him play further up the field in a more attacking role, as the DM Clement had played him in that far had ruined him.

He played on the left side of midfield last season and he was on the brink of an England call up. He was also the subject of a £12m bid from Sean Dyche, so no offence to your little opinion but don't be offended if I think it's pathetic.

We're finally seeing glimpses of what this side could have been playing like from the start of the season, the fact we didn't and the tactical and team choices is all down to one man

Everyone loves to moan, Swans fans are more famous for that than ever getting behind the side, especially when the chips are down, but the moans should be aimed at our head coach, nowhere else.

Nothing aimed at the Chairman again then?

Very strange.

Over to you Box Office on 09:44 - Dec 19 with 1449 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I agree entirely with your post.

Your last paragraph is spot on and that’s why people are giving up all hope. The people at our club who are going to make the major decisions on what we need and how to get what we need are incapable of making those decisions.

We need three players minimum by the end of the first week in January so plans must already be in place having identified them to put the bids in and get the negotiations done. I have no faith whatsoever that this has been done. I have no faith in them identifying what we need and I have no faith in them having the get up and go to make it happen even if they have somehow identified them.

I don’t even think they care that much. They’re probably more involved right now in planning how to get out as financially unscathed as possible after relegation than trying to avoid that relegation in the first place.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Over to you Box Office on 10:32 - Dec 19 with 1394 viewsMoscowJack

I seem to be in the minority (no change there!) who think we did ok last night. Everton had a lot of luck (2 dodgy penalties and a rebound from one that went straight to one of their players....and their striker too!) whilst we had zero.

I'm a firm believer in making your own luck, but Jon Moss seemed happy to help Everton make theirs, but that's football, I suppose.

Commentators thought Everton were poor but I thought we didn't allow them to play and the two wingers we had both forced their attacking full backs to stay in their own half, making it easier for us to defend.

What we're lacking is a bit of magic. Not 'free kick' magic to dig us out of a hole (as Gylfi did last season) but the sort of stuff that we hoped Sanches would bring. Bony scares defenders, but he needs service and needs the defenders to focus on someone else, not just him. A quality no.10 who's capable of bagging quite a few goals and assists is critical, or we're down.

A winger who can score and assist - also critical. Nate and Narsingh showed their pace last night, but they haven't got the end product needed. Would we take Ayew back on loan? He wouldn't be my first choice as he disrupts the style we'd like to see us play, but if we're not playing that style, I wouldn't be against the idea. I can see it happening as it ticks many of Jenkins' boxes - player we know, scores goals, won't cost a fortune, can play centrally, wide or up top and will settle in quickly.

If luck had been on our side instead of Everton's last night, we wouldn't have lost and I honestly don't think we deserved a defeat....well, certainly not 3-1. I just hope the players can recognise the good parts of the game last night and take that into the HUGE game against Palace.

Finally, take a moment and look at our fixtures from next week (26th Dec) until Jan 30th. It's horrific. Scary even. After that we've got a good run until mid-April so we need the new players to be settled, ready and up to speed from the end of Jan onwards. That means getting them in during the first week of the month, not the last. That's the key to survival, imo.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024